[Menagerie]Fluffy cute things (Naya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on February 14th, 2011, 7:45 am

Emee moaned as another headache went through his head, and for one moment he saw an Eypharian standing behind Naya, raising his arms as to strike at her with his poisoned blades. Emee raised a hand to protect her from the blow, but then he was gone and so was the headache. But Emee could control his actions now, and so he grabbed Naya clumsily and pushed her away from his body. He studied the woman's face and stared into her eyes with a serious look on his face. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't be doing this. I don't know you that well, and... I don't know what's going on. I didn't hug you!" The last sentence was more of a bursting bubble of words, and Emee sobbed a bit as he took a step away from Naya.

Emee could feel something inside trying to fight its way out, but Emee didn't trust himself anymore. What was going on with him? "I didn't mean what I said. About the slave thing and going to Ahnatep. You're Vantha. You belong here, with Morwen. As a free lady!"
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 14th, 2011, 8:03 am

Naya was suddenly worried when Emee's body tensed up, six arms gripping her tightly for a moment. She pulled back her hair to watch his eyes screw shut and a moan escape his lips. He looked seriously worried and she became increasingly so as she watched him raise an arm, as if to ward off an unseen attacked. She was even more shocked when he pushed her away, and she stumbled lightly as the reassuring arms released her. She looked carefully at him, listened to his outburst, then took a step closer and looked at him under eyelashes, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, hun. Are you alright? It's okay, it's just me, it's just Naya. It was just a hug. A fantastic hug. Everything is fine, and you're right here with me."

She smiled reassuringly at him, as he rambled on some more. What was going on with him? They started off completely normal and then he went insane, pushing her away and babbling on about how they hadn't know each other long enough to be hugging. For heavens sake, Naya had done much more than hug after knowing someone much less than she knew Emee.

"I am a Vantha, but dear - and you're the first person I've told this - I don't belong in Avanthal. There's nothing here for me, and I want more than a meaningless existance here in the cold. Cold that creeps its way into my heart. Surely you understand what I mean? I want something more. Maybe I don't want to be a slave, but I do want to go to Anhatep."
Naya

Postby Emee on February 14th, 2011, 8:31 am

Emee took a deep breath to relax himself, and sat down in the cold snow. Looking up at Naya, he could see that she was worried about him. Or was that just his imagination? "I'm all right. I just... I don't hug. Physical contact is a little too personal for me." Emee didn't look away from her, and his eyes rested on her friendly face as he contemplated whether or not he could tell her about how he felt. What would she think of him? Well, what could she really do about it? She could walk away and leave him. Or she could stay and listen. Both alternatives weren't so bad. Another deep breath, and he was prepared to tell her.

"Sometimes I feel like there's another me inside," Emee began. He held his hand over his chest to show what he meant. "And sometimes this other me attacks. He strikes with headaches and visions of death and blood. In most cases, at least. I don't feel like I'm in control of this body at all times. Just now... I think that was him talking to you. Hugging you and talking about those houses. He was being nice. Sometimes I black out, and I find myself somewhere else with no memories of going there." Emee shifted uncomfortably in the snow, looking up at Naya to look for a reaction in her eyes. "I have never told anyone about this. It seems we're sharing our deepest secrets now." Emee laughed, but there wasn't much joy in his laughter. Just then he realized he had a lot of secrets he had never told anyone about.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 16th, 2011, 8:07 am

Despite Emee proclaiming that physical contact was too personal for him, Naya did not move her arms. She doubted that a man who had previously told her that hugging her was wonderful was genuinely adverse to physical contact. Taking a chance she stepped forward, and yet angled herself sideways, so that she had slung her arm around his neck. She looked down through her eyelashes at his face. If he genuinely disliked the contact, he could push her away and she would understand and accept it, but she did not expect him to complain.

She listened silently to his explanation, concern growing in her heart and manifesting in her face. It had been a long time since she had felt such genuine concern and care for someone else, and it shocked her to her core. She was not entirely sure where all of this was coming from. It was unprecedented, unpredicted. She had a feeling though that Hayere would approve of this gentle caring man with such conflicted emotions. It would make for a good story, and he had always known Naya had needed someone - a close friend, not necessarily a lover, but someone who she could speak to as freely as she had spoken to Hayere. It was her genuine wish that Emee could be this person. She had not clicked with someone as well as she had clicked with him since Hayere. Nor had she told anyone as much as she had told him in the past encounter. Now that he knew this, she was not letting him go. She could help him just as much as he could help her.

"Emee... I am sorry. I am sorry you have such conflict inside you. But I am here, if you ever want a friend. And I hope you do, for I want and need one too." Naya bent down a little bit, so that they could see eye to eye. "I do not mind sharing my deepest and darkest secrets with you, dear, if you do not mind sharing yours with me." She smiled gently, sincerely at the man.
Naya

Postby Emee on February 16th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Emee sighed, and accepted Naya's embrace. There was no use in resisting, and it wasn't really that bad either. He raised an arm, and landed it carefully on her shoulder. Their positions to each other reminded him of a dance in the back of his head, but he ignored it. Dancing seemed like a silly idea right now, and he couldn't even recall the steps of any dances. Maybe they could try it another time.

When he finished his little speech he had to wipe a tear off his cheek, as he saw true concern in Naya's eyes. Being so close to someone who cared warmed him, and a strange feeling in his stomach had brought forth tears. Blushing, he looked down to hide his face. He opened his mouth and closed it again, feeling uncomfortable. Then he opened his mouth again, speaking with a low voice. "I think that would be very nice. I've been wanting to talk to someone about this thing that's happening for some time now." Emee had considered talking to Leeshela or Warran about it, but he had waited because he was afraid they might think him dangerous and out of his right mind.

Emee's breath shivered with mixed feelings as he searched for a specific Vani word. Although not good with the language, he believed there was a word that meant both "best friend" and "soul mate". He thought he had found the right word, and leaned up to Naya's face. Slowly moving past her cheek, brushing it with his braided hair, he managed to reach up to her ear. Then he sang the word in a whisper, like he had heard others use it about their wife or husband. He sang it like a suggestion of faithfulness and trust, and hoped that the aurorian lady understood the meaning he implied. Then he moved his head quickly back again, as if it had never been there. He rested his head on her chest and looked into the bonfire they stood by, the flames seeming much more comforting with Naya's heartbeat in his ears and the friendly body seeming to shield him from the living pain moving around inside him.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 16th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Naya smiled - triumphantly yet not gloatingly - as Emee accepted her embrace. She had broke through his barriers, and she was exceedingly proud of herself for doing so. As he put his arm on her shoulder, she moved her arms to cradle his shoulder. "There now, it's not so bad, is it?"

Naya's worry and concern only increased as she saw a tear run down his cheek. She sighed a little in frustration when he moved his head downwards, as if to hide his emotion from her. She tucked a finger under his chin, pulling his face up towards him. She stroked away his tears, smiling down at him, nodding empathetically as he spoke. "I'll be here for you to speak to, any time, okay? I'm in the Snowsong Hold, you can come and find me there any time at all. Even if it's in the dead of the night, I'll be there to talk to you, okay?"

Naya shivered as Emee stood up on his tiptoes, brushing her hair away gently. The Vani word which held so much promise falling from his Eypharian lips made the moment all the more beautiful. She understood what he meant, she knew he did not mean it romantically, but rather that they were two people in the world who were meant to be together - friends forever, as horribly cheesy as it sounded. She smiled as he rested his head against his bosom. Leaning down, she placed a kiss on the top of his head, protectiveness and care flowing through her. "I know, Emee. I know."

END.
Naya

Postby Cheshire on February 21st, 2011, 9:17 pm

Character: Emee
Experience: Philtering +1, Herbalism +1, Teaching +2, Sedcuction +1, Rhetoric +1
Lore: Breaking Tradition, Distaste for Captivity, Eypharian Swears, Quick Change of Heart, Sharing Deep Secrets, Duality of the Mind and Soul, Sweet Talking in Vani

Character: Naya
Experience: Seduction +3, Intimidation +1, Interrogation +1, Rhetoric +1
Lore: Insomnia, Creepy Icebreaking, Eypharian Swears (Basic), Getting a Six Armed Hug, The Four Winds of Ahnatep (Basic), Sharing Deep Secrets

Additional Note: I liked this thread. It was very cute and it was nice to see the soft side of Naya as well as the more abrasive side of Emee.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous