[Surya Plaza] My dog won't bite, but I will [Una, Ennis]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Elhaym on February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm

68th Day of Winter, 510 AV

"Dammit!" Pain swore, snapping a stick of graphite she held tightly with her thumb. She stared down at the piece of vellum that sat atop a wooden drawing board in her lap, and its contents. Smudged indefinable shapes comprised what would have been a landscape, if not for the condition of her hands. Her knuckles were swollen, and her hands were wrapped in thick bandages that hid the bloodied results of her training. It could have been that, or perhaps it was the fact that her right eye was swollen shut, black and blue around the edges and showcasing a fine collecting of cuts. Her Shinya teachers did not go easy on her, nor did she make it easy on them with her temperament.

Pain had officially been allowed to enjoy her first day of freedom, so to speak. Since the day she had arrived in Lhavit, she had immediately been taken into the Shinya order as an Acolyte and trained harder than she ever had before. Her body was in agony, stressed beyond it's capabilities. Her mentors had seen it, noticed her waning focus... and allowed her a day of rest. They had suggested meditation, but as of yet Pain had yet to oblige their advice. Instead, she had done what she would have done in Syliras. Find a cozy spot, gather her drawing supplies and her dog Tanny, and relax. Today, it wasn't working out.

"Tanny, this is crap. I can't draw worth a shyke, can barely even eat." Pain muttered, rubbing her dog's back as he lay next to her. She sat with her back against a wall, letting the cold air medicate her battered body. She didn't mind the roves she wore as an Acolyte so much, but it felt good to back in normal clothing. Just then, a curious old man noticed her muttering and her condition, and approached her to offer aid...

"Go away, go away!" Pain moaned in thickly accented Lhavitian, waving her arm as she spoke. The man furrowed his brow at her rudeness, but let her be and turned away. Pain sighed as she watched his back trailing off in the distance. She didn't regret her decision to join the Shinya, but the fact of the matter was that it was not easy. She would be here for a while, proving herself to the same men and women every day for quite some time...

"C'mon, lets get out of here." Pain grunted, taking a hold of Tanny's leash and looping it around her wrist. She placed her other hand on the ground, using it to support herself as she began to push herself up. Somewhere in that motion her arm simply gave out, and Pain fell down on her bottom with a string of swears following.

It looked like she was stuck there for a while, at least. Her body was taxed through a combination of mental, phsyical, and magical fatigue. The only thing that seemed intact was her sour mood.

Last edited by Elhaym on February 15th, 2011, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

[Surya Plaza] My dog won't bite, but I will [Open]

Postby Una Nox on February 9th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Una was moving about slowly, wondering where should she spend her time today. It was a frivolous day, one of those that will hardly be rememberd for extreme cold, or for extremely clear skies, it was just downright plain, downright boring. As her feet traced the way, one after the other, she could not help but wonder what was wrong with this city during the day; When the night came, Lhavitians were more energetic than most humans she had ever met, but once when night came to pass, they were.. bleh… there was no word good enough to describe it, so bleh was sufficient for now.

So these “bleh” people were boring during the day, but how the hell could she avoid them, they were freakin’ everywhere. One sight however did get her attention for a moment however: A strange looking girl… was it a girl? Well she would call it an it for now, this “it” was yammering something, pulling around a dog and yelling at “bleh” people. It was perfect. The stranger was weird, seemed hurt, and could easily be fun to interact with. Quickly moving closer to the what now seemed as a girl, she stopped next to her. She spoke slowly, in common as she had already thought she recognized a few words that came out of this strange woman: “Hello, how are you?” not waiting for an answer, she quickly kneeled down, petting the dog slowly, paying little response to the girl.

She scratched the dog next to his ear, if it even was a he? What was it with her gender confusions this damn day? As she continued to inspect the dog, she paid little attention to the girl, until she realized she might have came off as rude; Quickly pulling her head up for a bit, she talked again: “I’m Una, what’s your name?” she wondered what happened to the girl, as she seemed seriously injured, but one could never be completely sure before some serious inspection.
Una Nox
May Priskil guide my blade

Words: 40495
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ennis on February 10th, 2011, 1:48 am

So far Ennis had felt like simply falling over and sleeping on the street. That couldn't happen due to the coldness, and the fact it looked weird. Although Ennis fiqured it be a great way to meet a guy maybe? Still, it was just to cold. This place was intresting, just as Ennis had predicted. Although, it was strange. Ennis didn't like strange things, but she herself was strange so she guessed she shouldn't complain.

Soon she came upon a women who had seemed to have stolen her idea of laying on the ground to get attention. Although she looked pained, and not really the lovey type. Soon another women came, and that's when Ennis noticed the dog the women had. It was certinaly intresting, Ennis shruged and walked up to the three.

Carefully looking around them making sure it wasn't a set up for a robbery or anything Ennis smiled simply as she had to put her best foot foward.
"Need help? Or anything?" She wheeled around the one women who was petting dog to get a better look at animal.
"Ah, it's kind of cute.. What's your name boy? Err, girl?" Ennis corrected herself as she realised the animal could be a girl or boy, but wait, she should state her name first, that's what your supose to do.
"Oh, and I'm Ennis." She said turning to the other women.
Ennis
Watch Me Crash And Burn

Words: 6270
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Character sheet

Postby Elhaym on February 10th, 2011, 3:07 am

"The hell you mean, it's kind of cute? Hmph... his name is Tanny. I'm Pain." she growled, forcing herself to her feet this time and nearly plowing into both women as she stood abruptly. Her legs felt rubbery, and she couldn't get too good a look at either woman as one of her eyes was swollen shut. She could differentiate between them, that was good enough for her.

Pain was on her feet, but after a second or two she stumbled back and was forced to lean against the wall to keep herself upright. It was obvious she wasn't in too good of shape, and Una having asked "how are you" was only slightly less than infuriating. How the hell did she think she was? The only thing keeping Pain from erupting into a tirade of curses and threats was her new position... she was an Acolyte, with or without the uniform. She was supposed to be protecting these people, not cracking their skulls on the ground.

"I'm... glad to meet you... I guess... Una, and Ennis. I'm new here, I joined the Shinya as an Acolyte a week or so ago. You can probably tell, either they don't like me or they have pretty high expectations. Either way, they've gone a bit harder on me than a typical newcomer."

And oh gods, it almost hurt her to speak in such a way. She was changing, whether she wanted to or not. Back in Syliras, both of these women might be nursing a black eye similar to the one she had, and Pain would probably be struggling with a Knight as she was dragged to the tank. My my, how things change.

"I got the day off, was gonna try to draw... it's sort of my thing. Me and Tanny, we like to go out and people watch, y'know. Can't really, uh... do that... right now." Pain said, wiggling her swollen fingers and hands as she spoke the last bit. At this point, Pain was drawing on her past experiences with another girl she knew. Aselia Timandre wasn't a social wizard, but she had known how to interact with other people... Pain was looking back, trying to think about how she had acted, what she'd said... she found some inspiration to actually produce the next few words there.

"So uhh... what uh, do you ladies wanna.... you guys wanna go do somethin'? We could... uhhh..."

Well, inspiration only gets you so far.
Elhaym

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Una Nox on February 13th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Una could not really make out much of the situation that was happening or was going to happen as the strange girl growled at her. Her name was pain? Was she an idiot? Maybe it really was her name? But then again maybe it really was her name, and then it would mean her parents had some serious naming issues. Well it was not like it was any of her business anyway, but still the curiosity that drove her was somewhat pressing.

Somewhere in between another girl had appeared, and that did not help the situation to clear up, not one bit. Una found herself looking a bit at the tomboyish girl and a bit at the newcomer, still unsure what just happened, and unsure had she missed something while listening to either of them speak. Then she finally caught a bit of something interesting as a slight mention of the Shinya got her full attention.

So this girl was an acolyte of the Shinya, which would by some sense make her the same as Una. But unlike Una she was bruised much more severely, still it could not be helped, she must have been through unarmed combat training. The girl too had numerous injuries over her body, but luckily most of them have failed to land on her face. It would be a darn shame to have her head swell up to three times it’s size.

Not wanting to discuss things with the girl much further, she quickly dropped the notion and started to focus more on the moment. A talk about things she already knew well enough for her own taste was hardly going to get them anywhere. Instead, she responded to the rest of the girl’s words, as confusing as they might have been: “I guess, they indeed do expect high things from you..” Una’s voice came slowly and extinguished at the same pace, until she suddenly continued: “Hello Ennis. I am glad to meet you as well Pain” she sighed slowly before speaking again: “I guess we could find something to pass the time together. Might I suggest we go sit somewhere peaceful?” she could easily add that it was because Pain looked as if she was going to collapse with each passing moment, but she seemed to be a warrior, so why needlessly insult her pride like that?

Turning back to the dog, she kept talking while petting him: “Well I am not sure if Lhavitian establishments are alright with dogs entering, but I guess it can’t be helped, I doubt we could just leave him here. Any suggestions on whe… No, actually I know just the place; Shooting Star Inn…. We could go and get something to eat there, how about it guys?” she finished a bit confused and unsure would the dog be able to enter, but hey, they could probably always find a way to smuggle him inside.
Una Nox
May Priskil guide my blade

Words: 40495
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ennis on February 16th, 2011, 3:37 am

Ennis was wishing maybe she did didn't get involved, as Pain was very hurt upon inspiction. Ennis was way to preocupied with the dog to take in all of her surrondings and notice her state. Apparently these women lived here maybe, and what were the Shinya? They seemed like some ancient society from what Ennis had heard. Although she couldn't be sure so she kept her mouth shut. She whished maybe she could ask although that would blow her cover of just being a random passer by. Instead she would be a clueless traveler and people always treat you differently when they know that.

Or more specificly they avoided you, which really wasn't what she wanted. Ennis just stayed quite her eyes wandering over to the dog until Pain seemed to try to ask if they wanted to do something. Right now the only thing Ennis wanted to do was pet that dog and then find somewhere warm to rest. Although she could use some time outside of her own little world.

Ennis didn't know the city well, or at all, except that there's a fabulous eatery somewhere around here named after... A comet right? Although it seemed that a place was already picked, this was probably a good time to ask where it was.

Ennis looked back and forth at the two women and creeped over to Una, since Pain didn't look friendly exactly. "Where is that Inn?" She asked leaning close to her. If she was gonna stay here she should know her way around. "Like I saw a lot of buildings.. And they're just really confusing and yeah.... I get lost easily..." Ennis trailed off at the end, bashfull because of her little blunder.
Ennis
Watch Me Crash And Burn

Words: 6270
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Character sheet

Postby Elhaym on February 20th, 2011, 7:19 am

"The Inn?" Pain said, sighing visibly as she braced herself against the wall. The red headed woman seemed more interested in Tanny than anything, which didn't bother Pain too much... she hadn't given him quite as much love as usual with her current irritated mood. "No way. Too crowded... food isn't that great."

Pain muttered the last bit, righting herself under her own power and taking a few steps forward. That damn Inn. It reminded her of the Rearing Stallion in Syliras, and the few times she'd been inside.

"No, I know a better place. Down this way... if you haven't eaten there, I think you'll like it." Pain grumbled, motioning for her new 'friends' to follow her. Pain wasn't the most well spoken or sociable person around, and her blunt nature with strangers could be a bit off setting. She spoke the truth though; her destination had some very delicious and exotic cuisine. Tanny seemed to instinctively know where they were headed, and pulled eagerly on this leash as he bounded ahead of Pain. Pain gave a quick tug, snapping her fingers at the dog and saying "Fet! Fet!". Her commands were gibberish, a language only Tanny and her seemed to understand, but understand he did. He slowed his pace, walking obediently at her side.

Pain turned to the girls, nodding and stepping into a small eatery amidst the Plaza. It was dark inside, several scrolls adorning the walls and a large counter taking precedence over the smaller tables meant for the customers to sit. Behind the counter, an ancient looking Lhavitian man stood. They would be the only customers in the place for now, free to converse without dealing with the crowds and noise of the Inn. Pain motioned to the main, extending two fingers and her thumb to indicate "three". He nodded solemnly, springing into action with blazing knifework. The place smelled of herbs and seared meat, a pleasant aroma to Pain at least. Apparently, Pain had ordered three of something, but she had yet to explain to Una and Ennis what exactly they served here.

Pain motioned for the others to join her at a low table, her and Tanny taking one side. She kneeled down as there were no chairs, only cushioned mats for them to rest themselves upon. The table itself was glossy wood, finished with a laquer and gleaming softly in the lowlight of the restaurant. It was bare for the moment.

"There isn't a menu." Pain explained, adjusting herself and giving Tanny a scratch behind his head. He sat to her left on his haunches, apparently used to the seating arrangement. It had only been a week, but Pain had been a diligent enough customer that the owner no longer minded her pet's presence. "I'd just do what I do... they cook whatever they get shipped in that day, so it's stupid to ask for a menu. They won't even have half of it anyway. Just tell em' how many servings you want, and they'll bring you some stuff." She concluded, apparently enjoying the simplicity of not having to choose.

The chef behind the counter was busy forming small round portions of rice, and seemed to be topping them with a raw piece of some unknown to most creature of the sea. He crushed a seed in his fingers as he moved about, releasing the finely ground crumbles over the top of the raw fish. A quick splatter of glaze later, and Pain's meal seemed complete. A waitress gathered up multiple plates of the same dish, balancing them expertly as she approached Pain's table. Issuing soft words of condolence, she slipped in between Una and Ennis and placed the three plates on the lacquered wooden surface.

"It looks weird, I know." Pain said, greedily swiping one of the rice concoctions into her hand and shoving the entire thing in her mouth. She chewed for a moment, seeming to genuinely enjoy the flavor quite a bit. Una and Ennis would no doubt smell the pungent and tangy aroma of the glaze, and would be able to note the obvious intense spice and heat that it contained. "... but oh Gods, it's so good."

"Oh, uh..." Pain interuppted her solitary meal for a moment, reaching forward and pulling the other two plates towards her. "These are for me. I, uh... I eat a lot."

Pain thought it over for a moment as she dangled one of the spicy treats over Tanny's head, who expertly rose on his hind legs and daintily took it in his mouth. [b]"Sorry, you guys probably that those were for you. Tell you what, order whatever you want... they got noodles and rice plates if you want somethin' a little more traditional. I'll buy whatever ya' get. But I tell ya, this... is so... gooooood..."

The chef was standing by, awaiting any orders Una and Ennis would make. The waitress had brought three crystalline glasses with chilled water in the meantime, and was waved off by an irritated Pain when she suggested a liquor for the women. Apparently, Pain didn't approve of alcohol whatsoever. Once they had made their orders and settled in, Pain would attempt to start a conversation of a bit more substance amidst devouring her ridiculous portions of food and feeding a bit to Tanny on the side.

"I've only been in Lhavit for a little while, but I..." She spoke, pausing to chew for a minute. "... I really like it here. I mean, I've learned a lot of things... from the Shinya." She said, pointing to her swollen eye with a lopsided grin. Her body seemed to bother her less now, as if the thought of the meal had provided a temporary anesthetic to her misery. "I lived in Syliras before this, either of you ever been there? Yeah, well it's shyke is what it is. Hated it there." She said with a new grumpy tone, as if the thought of her hometown had cast a cloud on her.

"So how bout you ladies... what's your story?" She said, chomping down on the last morsel on her plate.
Elhaym

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Ophelia on March 18th, 2011, 7:03 am

Thread Award. <3

EXPERIENCE.

Pain
‎+1 Drawing
+1 Animal Husbandry‎

Una
+1 Observation‎

Ennis
‎‎+1 Observation

LORES.

Pain
‎Body in agony
Social Niceties
Lhavit (Basic)‎

Una
Gender confusion
Inviting strangers to lunch

Ennis
Cold
Dogs over humans

ADDITIONAL NOTES.
Graded Una Nox and Ennis on the slim slim slim chance that they come back.

Good job. Long post was long. Pain's a pig. Would have liked to see this continued to see if Pain could actually socialise properly. :)

Don't hesitate to pm me with questions, queries, or anything else!

Love,
Ophelia <3
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook