I'm a Sloth. Ask me Anything [Itt's Scrapbook]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Itt on February 21st, 2019, 8:07 am

I'm a Sloth.
Ask Me Anything.

Hey everyone! This is Itt's scrapbook! I'll be popping in every now and then to post something about things I've been doing, my thoughts on a subject, or general other shenanigans. Feel free to say hi or ask me questions about... well, anything!

To kick this scrapbook off, I'm going to be nostalgic for a moment and post one of my favourite moments on Mizahar in all of my time here. My good friend Kreig Messer many years ago posted a vlog singing a song to me after hearing I had a bad day. I think about this video to this day whenever I feel down and it reminds me that there will always be someone there for you even if it doesn't seem like it. Thanks for this video Kreig. <3

Last edited by Itt on March 6th, 2019, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Postby Itt on March 6th, 2019, 8:14 am

Karaoke Night + Other Updates

So, I promise some people I would start a karaoke night the other day but I underestimated the time I had on the weekend to post up a video. So here's an image of me wearing a sloth head instead. I am also making this the image in the intro because I am a sloth, and there's nothing you can do about it. I am going to do karaoke night, but just next weekend when I actually have time and I'm not in a place where I'm going to get fined for sound violation.

I also have quite a few things I want to update on because I've been procrastinating.

1:

In one of my writing classes today we did a divination things with this Medicine book and we had to draw a card after thinking about an aspect of our writing. It was an animal-based medicine book so all of the images were animals. Before I drew my card I was thinking about Itt in my GST thread with Adriana and him being introduced to Rhysol and such, and I got the Deer as my card. Here's the actual card and the descriptions of the card. Also not the items hanging from the image: Itt likes birds so the feather and talons are freaky, and Itt just got a pendant that allows him to be encased in a stone skin, so the rock was also freaky. Itt is also a pretty intuition based character, and if he knew what luck was in words then he would definitely believe in it, so the wishbone is also kinda freaky. I don't know about the leather piece, but everything else was too close to home that I'm already like 'welp, okay Lhex, I see you'.

Deer :

So yeah, that happened and it was awesome.

2:

I wrote a small piece the other day in the same class as the divination, and the prompt was that we had to describe the weather from the perspective of a couple of different things: the moon, an ipad, a cat, a dance, and music. We were supposed to generally do a few sentences from each, but I ended up kinda making my collection a poem of some sort so I thought I'd share it. Each line is from a different perspective in the same order I listed them in. It was also raining the day this exercise was:

Push and pull in a rhythmic flow, drizzles fall down on the water below.
A push and swipe from a finger of grease reveals that it's 30 degrees.
A small pocket of dry space protects me from the rains cold embrace.
It falls down like the tapping of feet, following the path of the beat.
They drone on like a humble hum, slowing down like a rhythmic drum.

3:

Also, some of you guys have been giving me the best images ever so I'm going to continue to post them here periodically when they occur. So here are the lovely images I have so far.

Warning Goofy Images Ahead :

Stay awesome everyone and happy writing!
Itt
Sleepy Head

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Itt on March 7th, 2019, 6:05 am

Sloth Saviour
*DABS*

Itt
Sleepy Head

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Itt on July 12th, 2019, 10:00 am

Updates and Plotting

(Found this mask at a local retro candy shop and I couldn't help myself)

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted a scrap or been hanging around lately, but hopefully, it wasn't terribly long and hopefully, I've been properly keeping up with everyone who needs to know about my situation. I'm going to describe more in detail about what exactly has been up and what I'm planning on doing in terms of character plot and stuff, but I also want to share some of the things I've been doing in my writing classes too, and some other updates and stuff. So right now I'll just stick with the updates, but you can expect some more posts (maybe vlogs?) about my writing class later! But I will be including some sloth relate images I've taken or that people have sent me at the end, so if you're just here for sloth pics, there you go.

What's Up?

Just to make sure that the confusion is cleared up fully, I am sticking around! I'm not going anywhere, there was just some unfortunate timing with school getting busy on top of the other things going on around here, so I haven't left and I'm not planning on leaving. In fact, my schedule is going to be clearing up/becoming way more consistent now that I'm finishing up my very last classes for college, so you will be seeing more of me around. As for why I've only been lurking and not being active— I'm graduating this summer with my Bachelors in Film and last term was my last full term. I was taking 18 credits, 2 of which were film and portfolio classes that had a lot of projects requiring extensive attention and time, as well as a volunteer-based capstone teaching kids about farming and a Family Studies about Stress and Change. So near the end of the term, I was really busy, and when I wasn't busy I was stressed about everything and simply didn't have the time or energy to write. So that's why I've kinda disappeared a little bit, but I'm getting back into it so here's my game plan so far!

The Game Plan

I am mostly going to be playing catch up this season. I have quite a few solos left unfinished from last season that are important to Itt's storyline and development that I want to get done before doing anything big this season. This, unfortunately, means that I won't be able to bring Gale back again like I had hoped until I am able to, at the very least, catch up. Once I catch up and see what the workload is like, I may or may not bring Mr. McCenry back to Zeltiva with a brand new, actually somewhat decent plotline. I didn't have much direction for him when I originally made him, I kinda just threaded and hoped something cool would happen, which wasn't the best way to play a character, but I learned a lot about Mizahar in the process. But now I have an actual storyline for Gale that I want to try and do, so if Itt chills the hell down for a moment, I can bring him back and get that started too. It all really depends.

As far as what my attack plan is for catching up, I'm going to prioritize, of course, the threads I've already started with people (I'm looking at you Caspian and Shiress), so they'll get their replies quickly and they aren't just waiting on me anymore. Everything else is going to be working on all the past solos I have to do, starting with my Job threads for Spring, then (probably) my earliest threads that are unfinished. I have 3-ish threads from winter I need to wrap up, then I can work on the mini thread series I had planned for spring with lots of learning and fighting for Itt. After that I'll finish up all the other misc threads and hopefully that will mean I'll have some spare time to do threads for this season and that Itt will FINALLY have broken common so he can actually have a conversation.

I don't know how annoying it is for other people to interact with Itt when he doesn't understand a thing and can't say a thing (Caspian, Shi, and them would have to tell me), but if it is frustrating then making him having broken common will hopefully be more fun since he'll have some vocabulary, a basic, basic, basic sentence structure and can understand the jist of what people are saying and can have meaningful dialogues and not just "I think you said this so here's an arbitrary word I picked up that doesn't pertain to the situation at all" type of thing.

In my time away, I've also been thinking a lot about Itt's trajectory and where I want him to go, and I totally remembered that traveling actually costs money. Money Itt doesn't have yet. I was expecting him to move out of Ravok soon due to the hostility thing going on with the blood moon and al as well as his desire to see Wind Reach, but remembering now that he has to have the money on top of the skill grind does lengthen the time it'll be before he can actually leave for WR, unless someone decided to pay for him, which I doubt will happen. So that's kinda a little sad for me because I was excited for him to see giant birds and travel for a full season to WR and nearly die a million times (maybe actually die, who knows, hopefully not but it's the wilds). But that does give me much more time for the more personal plots I have for him regarding him learning about relationships and love and things. I have to ask a couple of people if they're interested in being a part of some of that plotting, but I'm not really that close to that stage yet so I'll probably ask closer to when it'll actually happen.

So, yeah, I think that's my game plan so far! I do have personal plot ideas I wanted to slip by Caspian and all the rest of you Ravokians so I can get to know some of you more as well as develope IC relationships more, but I'll PM you all about that sort of thing so we can maniacally laugh in the corner at our characters' future misery. Mwahahahaha!

As promised, here are slothy products!

Sloffy :
This was a beer brand or something at a local bar place here in Oregon. I don't know how well known Rogue Hall is, but this was there and I thought it was great.

Itt
Sleepy Head

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)