[Closed] A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 14th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Her attention was brought back to her away from her horse. A journal? She sure could use one, she wasn't to skilled with writing yet, a journal would help her practice, and if she was lucky enough to ever breed, she'd have a way to tell her children about her journey's if she were to die earlier than expected.

"Leather journals huh? I should could use one, i'd be willing to buy one from you, and i could get you the leather if you'd care to." It was almost a question and a statement.
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Words: 17052
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Amarhyl on February 14th, 2011, 6:07 pm

"Leather journals huh?" Amarhyl nodded. "I sure could use one, I'd be willing to buy one from you, and I could get you the leather if you'd care to."
Amarhyl paused for a moment.
"Um, I could certainly make you one..." She calculated briefly in her head. "I don't have any leather though, so if you did get some then you don't need to pay me. The leather was the most expensive part. She'd only ever made 2 journals before; one for herself, and one for Sam, and she remembered her father's face when she asked for the material.
She rummaged in her bag for a moment before pulling out her own. It was made of purple leather, and while the quality wasn't as good as a store bought one might be, it looked presentable. Aside from a few holes in the cover, which she prodded with a finger.
"I uh, might have tried to embroider something on it..." She recalled the memory, and subsequently, the memory of the pain she had put her hands through when she discovered that leather does not embroider well at all.
"But this is what they look like.

OOC :
Here's a link to what the journals look like.
http://www.porreda.com/acatalog/LNB3M.jpg
Although on Ama's she's put a metal clasp instead of a cord. And of course, hers is purple.
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 14th, 2011, 6:17 pm

She smiled and took the journal from her and looked it over. She opened it and flipped through it quickly showing she had no interest in her writings as it was most likely personal. It was better than anything she could make, she could only make pelts and clothing, not yet journals. Handing it back to her she looked up at the sky as the eagle called to her.

"Well the good thing is we have some leather i can pick up right now if you wish to come, or you could wait here. we'd have to take my horse and you could sit behind me on the saddle. He's a bit restless but he won't mind as long as you don't."
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Character sheet
Scrapbook

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Amarhyl on February 14th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Amarhyl resisted the urge to cling onto the journal as the Kelvic reached out for it, but she let it slip through her hands into Mekotsu's grip. Her eyes widened momentarily when the girl opened it and thumbed quickly thorough, but she realised almost immediately that she was only looking to see how the inside was made.
As she reached out to take it back, she heard the eagles piercing cry from above them. She glanced up to see it's shape silhouetted against the bright sky.
"Well the good thing is we have some leather I can pick up right now..." Had the eagle told her that? Amarhyl was lost in thought for a moment, but quickly caught herself before she missed the rest of the Kelvic's words. "...he wont mind as long as you don't." Amarhyl shook her head. She'd never been on the back of a horse with another person, but how hard could it be to stay balanced anyway? She smiled.
"I don't mind. Did you want to collect the leather now?"

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 14th, 2011, 6:42 pm

She nodded and started to walk back to the stables as her horse reared and neighed for her. Smiling she looked back at the girl and nodded her head signaling for her to follow. As she reached the stable she grabbed the horses reigns and slipped the bit into his mouth then strapped the saddle to his back. Opening the stable gate, she leg the large black and white horse out and made sure that the saddle bags were secured tightly.

Before she mounted the horse, she hesitated to go grab her arrows from the inn but instead decided she would do the hunt without weapons other than her body. She slipped her foot into the stirrup and lifted herself onto the horse then held her hand out for the girl to take. When she got the others grip, she helped her on top of the horse. The eagle then flew down to her and sat on top of the horses head, it seemed as though the horse didn't mind at all. The eagle let out another cry then took off, staying low to the ground so they could follow him. "You ready?" She looked back at the girl behind her on the horse.

OOC: here's a link to my gallery it has her horse and the eagle in it http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/menu.php?gallery=members&album_id=284
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Character sheet
Scrapbook

A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Amarhyl on February 14th, 2011, 6:58 pm

When the Kelvic nodded to her, she slid off the wall, her feet hitting the ground with a light thud. Glancing round, Mekotsu was already walking, heading back down the path towards her horse. Amarhyl hurried to catch up with her, stopping outside the stable.

The horse was beautiful, and Amarhyl marveled at his size; the gelding they'd had back at the Outpost was young, runty. She watched curiously as the halter was placed over his head, and imagined how uncomfortable a bit must feel. She grasped Meko's hand when it was offered, and struggled her way onto the horse in a rather ungainly fashion. That was something she'd have to work on.

She made sure that her rucksack was still firmly on her shoulders and then rested her hands in her lap, unsure of what to hold onto. She peered round the Kelvic at the eagle who had appeared once again, to land briefly on the horse's head. After another piercing cry, she heard Meko talk again.
"You ready?
Amarhyl gave a little nod. "I think so..."

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Closed] A Growing Way [Amarhyl]

Postby Templar on March 3rd, 2011, 7:16 pm

XP AWARD

Name: Amarhyl
XP award: 3 observation. 1 Rhetorics.
Lore award: Riding backseat.

Name: Mekotsu.
XP award: 2 observation. 1 Rhetorics. 1 Riding.
Lore award: Layout of Syliras (Basic). - Riding with someone behind you.

Additional remark: A fine thread easy and straight forward. I liked the interaction between your chars. Looking forward to reading more of your threads.

If you have any complaints or feel you have been mistreated. Please send me a PM with your complaint and I will address the issue.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous