Howdy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Howdy!

Postby Parias Dawnbringer on March 5th, 2019, 1:52 am

Nice place you have here. My IRL name is Aaron, though online I go by either some variation of Taka or EpicLevelCommoner, and I'm hoping for as great of a community (though perhaps with less OoC drama) as I'm used to, and an even greater tale woven by that community. Although lately I've been playing mechanics-focused tabletops and immersive RPGs such as Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls, I'm not new to freeform play-by-posts either (I will refrain from naming the forum I was active in the longest simply because I do not wish to discourage others due to recent events therewithin).

Anyhow, Mizahar seemed to fit the bill as I searched for 'fantasy rp forum' on Google, and since I've had a good experience with first hits in the past (particularly those with a comparable longevity to Mizahar), I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm used to first-person/third-person past-tense perspective while RPing, and if I have to type in present-tense I will find myself reverting to past-tense while writing. As for a style preference, that's a bit harder to pin down; I'm just now recovering from a creative writing course in college, so while my natural inclination to poetic description and dramatic dialogue is a bit more prominent, I may at times revert to the minimalist, realistic style that enabled me to scrape by in that course. As an aside, if a writing course strangles your muse, heed my anecdotal advice and don't take it.

As for subject matter, I prefer writing/reading stories with fantasy or supernatural elements, but count me out of any historical fiction or science fiction; what may have happened or what may happen does not interest me nearly as much as what could have happened or what could happen if the fundamental laws of the universe were altered.

Enough about me though; time to immerse myself!
Parias Dawnbringer
Player

Words: 614
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2019, 1:03 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Howdy!

Postby Luminescence on March 5th, 2019, 4:00 am

Welcome, Parias! If you like fantasy you certainly have found the place. I wouldn't exactly describe Mizahar as freeform due to the heavy lore, but if you're familiar with Dragon Age and the Elder Scrolls I imagine you're also familiar with fitting a character within a specific setting.

I advise you take a look through your welcome PM; it has some useful links to help you get started. Please also keep in mind that usernames must be your character name without any special symbols such as underscores. You can change your username through the user control panel.

Lastly, if you haven't yet, please do feel free to join us in our Discord chat! There's always people around if you have any questions, and it's a great way to get involved with the community. I hope to see you around! :D
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Howdy!

Postby Itt on March 5th, 2019, 5:27 am

Hey Paris!

I too like RPGs and things of the like and I have found that Mizahar has scratched a lot of the same itches as Skyrim and the various other RPGs do. So if you enjoy those then I have no doubt you'll enjoy it here as well! Mizahar has a lot of opportunity for creativity and character building, so as long as you stick to Mizahar's lore you'll find you'll have no trouble creating a fun and impactful character as well as some meaningful friendships along the way.

Like Lumi said, there are always a bunch of us, players and ST's alike who are willing to help you out if you have questions or concerns so don't be afraid to PM one of us or chat us up in discord! I swear we don't bite! Much!

I'm look forward to seeing your writing! Cheers!
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)