A Random Story

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum you can find and share resources and advice for writing a post, novel or any other form of prose.

A Random Story

Postby Estavar La'loon on March 19th, 2019, 8:31 pm

A little bit I wrote which has no overarching story at all, just random crap, enjoy!

I was off like a bullet out of a gun, the thing was slowly catching up, but I was just that little bit faster, if I wasn't I would have been gobbled up for its lunch before I could say "Wait!" But of course, it wouldn't have listened anyway seeing as it isn't sentient and only thinks about food.

If only I had a weapon right now, then I might have a chance of confronting the monster striaght on, although, it was much taller than me and I have never used any weapon in my life before so I wouldn't stand much of a chance anyway, so the only thing going for me was my speed. Alright, only a few more metres then I'll reach the lake, if I can get there, then it won't be able to follow me. Come on Gider, last stretch, you can do it. As I jumped into the water the monster gave a great sigh and walked off in the direction it came in.

Luckily I was only wearing my shorts and t-shirt today, so it wasn't hard for me to swim over to the golden beaches on the other side. These are the types of things I have to deal with on a daily basis, monsters running after me and swimming through lakes and all before 5 o' clock! I mean, honestly, who else has these sorts of adventures before sunrise?

Well, now that that's all sorted, I guess it's time to get to work, the boat won't build itself. I have been living next to The Golden Sands for my whole life, I just woke up one morning, at the age of 8 and I found this note next to where I was sleeping telling me the exact instructions for the things that I would be doing from this point on, like refurbishing the tiny house I lived in, scavenging for food, and eventually when I was old enough, starting to create my own entertainment for myslef and not relieing on adrenalin pumps from dangerous situations.

I still don't know who my parents are and how I got here and I was crying and moaning for a long time before I realised, oh crap, I'm gonna die if I don't do something and quick, so I followed the advice the note gave me to the letter and started sustaining myself off of the woods and its way of living.

As I'm working on the boat, I ask myself, is this really real, have I been living a dream for my whole life and not realised it? These questions are the things that make me depressed, so I try not to think about the too much, but they can't be avoided so they come across my mind sometimes.

Have you ever realised how much work it takes to build a good quality boat? I certainly didn't until I started making this one a few weeks back, you have to find the perfect pieces of wood, then chop them, then also make sure you don't cut them wrong otherwise you have to start all over again, it is so annoying and tedious but totally worth it because I'll be able to have a load of fun sailing out on the lake. I have htis encyclopedia and it pretty much has everything I'll ever need to know inside of it, what foods are good, how to cook, how to read and write, everything from the fundamentals to the most obscure things.

I was now constructing the mast, it's really hard, because you have to get the exact thickness and length you want all in one piec of wood which can sometimes be very tricky when it comes to carving and fine details, but I'll get there eventually, it shouldn't take me too long, maybe a few more months and I'll have the boat ready to go! It sure takes a lot of strength and will power to make these things, on top of that, food and water.

That reminds me, it's time for Breakfast. I usually have a cheese sandwich for lunch, but the goat isn't being very productive milk wise at the moment and I have no idea why, I feed her, I let her graze and everythinga goat needs, but even then, she still isn't producing milk for me to turn into cheese (crudely of course) and I'm just dumbfounded by it all, I only just found her in the woods 2 years ago, so she shouldn't have stopped. Ohw ell, today I'll just have some berries instead. The berries from The Forest are so good, they just melt in your mouth and make you want to dream about sweet thoughts and foods.

I think I'll leave the boat making for today and instead choose to go out and have a look at what's changed in The Woods, probably nothing much, but The Hallowed Steps might have some inscriptions I haven't read before engraved on the tombstones, seeing as it is a ginormous graveyard spanning 2km in each direction. "Man, this brings it back, the memories of cutting down those trees, and digging up all that soil just so that I could create a path towards The Hallowed Steps, those were the days when there was so much to do and so little time in the day to do it all.

"Let's see here, oh, this is my favourite one!" 'Why does death come so early as to inflict morning on the people related to the bearer? Why, it's simple because they are weak and care about you so much they disregard the fact that death is inevitable and will envelop all of them one day, at any point in their lives.' Although it may be quite dark and solemn, it does actually describe things quite well and I like to look at this one in particular a lot so that I can be reminded that death is not to be feared but instead is the meaning of ending a fulfilling life.

I hope you enjoyed this piece of mine, it's pretty bad, but it explores a lot of themes.
Estavar La'loon
Player

Words: 15329
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2018, 5:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets