Welcome To Mizahar's Winter Wonderland!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Welcome To Mizahar's Winter Wonderland!

Postby Gossamer on December 1st, 2009, 9:17 am

Hello Mizaharians!

I would like to take the season change to post a little site update and share some plans (both long-term and short term) with you. Hopefully, other moderators will add to this news article with plans of their own, so that we all get a broad based idea of where Mizahar is going in the next three months.

On a personal note:

As some of you might know, Winter is my downtime in real life because the weather here in the Pacific Northwest gets nasty driving everyone indoors. Constant rain leads to ice which in turn transforms into snowfalls towards Christmas. That means my posting will be top notch in the months to come with very little (except chores) taking up my free time. Recently, as almost everyone knows, I had carpel tunnel surgery to fix a major problem in my right wrist - the total loss of sensation. I'm still, in fact, on a forced vacation to get some well deserved R&R which means I'm slowly and incredibly patiently typing this news article with my left hand (as I will be doing all my posts for the next two weeks). So until after the 15th, expect slow and small posts.

Citywise:

Syliras is getting a new enemy. With the use of micro adventures, keeping them small and progressive, I want to start a new seasonal roleplay that involves introducing pirating on the Suvan Sea into the game. Loran and Kaylana have had it too easy lately. Its time someone threatened the city and now that all the hard work of establishing the Region of Sylira is done.. and Syliras is founded - someone wants to take it. You'll never guess who either... but I hope you will have fun discovering the why/how/where.

Lorewise:

I plan on finishing the Drykas and make a big push towards getting the rest of the God/desses and their gnosis' done. I also have a new type of world magic that needs posting called webbing. I have a martial arts writeup on Ry'vata that needs to be posted along with a ton of lore involving the kelvics. Theres a new monsterish familiar type, a few new planets to open gates too and a new section of lore on folktales and folklore of various races. Exciting stuff.. that I know I will have time to put together. Soon the snow will fly, and that will even redouble the effort. ;9

My Wishes For Others:

I would really love to see two things progress. First and foremost I'd love to see more submissions of lore to the Wiki via the World Development Forum. There's so much to do and so little time to do it. We need the help, and we need it badly! Secondly, I'd love to see more blogging going on. I love reading blogs and its always interesting to see what others are thinking and feeling.

And above all... I wish everyone has fun threading this winter season! Mizahar is designed for fun - for everyone to explore their inner writer and let their imaginations run wild!

With Regards and Respect-

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: Welcome To Mizahar's Winter Wonderland!

Postby Gossamer on December 1st, 2009, 6:32 pm

Also, I should add one thing as well. This is a group effort! If you have goals or plans either as a storyteller or a character, feel free to drop a note here as well. I'd love to see what folks want to accomplish in the next three months! It could be anything, you know... from hitting 500 posts w/a pc, learning a new skill, reading the entire wiki, to launching a new business. :)

What are your plans? Lets hear them!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Voreasos Alisier on December 1st, 2009, 10:47 pm

My goals for winter:

Skills: Hit 50-75 in Magecraft and get a job for it

Flesh out his background and views of his past and how he sees other races.

Work on his friendship with different gods and maybe getting marks for him. Areas still pending.

Help run a shop part time or full time to fund magecraft and open something up to help the poor area of the city to build it up into a higher social status.

Thoughts or ideas?
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nero Czan on December 1st, 2009, 11:56 pm

• Hunt down a mage who can teach me Flux.
  • Bump up the conflict/rivalry/friendship with Orion. XD
  • Find a better reason to stay in Syrilas (lover, adventure, mystery, etc) than "it's cold out..."
  • RP with more people. ^^
  • Reading the Drykas lore. :P

PS Goss. I would be happy to help out with some stuff in the lore and what not. I got a lot of free time lately and it would be no biggy really ^^" Obviously I don't have the info or knowledge itself, but if you want someone to help put stuff in and format it and what not, I'd be glad to help ^^

PSS Vor. Hi :|D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Hirem on December 2nd, 2009, 12:14 am

I want to start really doing things with Hirem instead of relaxing about. Like, have him start to try to really affect the desert.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ash Sentry on December 2nd, 2009, 12:58 am

My Goals for the Winter:

1. Strike up a partnership with Orion

2. Improve Ash's forgery skills

3. Write more prophecies.

4. Give Ash a long-term purpose.
Even roses have their thorns.

Ash Sentry's Journal: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/blog/Ash%20Sentry/
Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Words: 1824
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Alice on December 2nd, 2009, 6:21 pm

I already posted a bit at the Mura OOC, but come to think of it, there are a few other "personal" goals as well ...

First and foremost I intend to write out all locations on the link map until the end of this month to give people somewhere to actually rp and have fun at. Secondly, I'm slowly unwrapping the plot about the Annual Pumpkin Festival (the thread is now grandfathered) and thinking about important detail information that will become public soon.

In the course of the development for Mura, I will most likely post up a few drafts for wiki articles. (Divination is first on the list since I did some brainstorming at school today, work with this gnosis on a daily basis and thus have a fairly clear view on the whole thing.) As I develop the locations, I'll also develop a city description (although that'll take a while) - adding juicy little details like the Pumpkin Festival, organizations etc.

So, as you can see, Mura is finally in the process of awaking and blooming, and I'd be very happy to welcome some newbies or second characters at that beautiful city. ;)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Malia on December 2nd, 2009, 6:54 pm

Yay season change!

As a paradox, I've just moved to the desert city of Ahnatep, so I won't really experience the winter cold until I get back (if I even get back in time). I don't really have any plans except having fun and getting a few training and personal development threads.

A big goal is also to keep my activity constant.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Nya Winters on December 2nd, 2009, 7:43 pm

I want to finish all my threads from Winter while two adventures wrap up... because its hard to start new threads while old ties are still loose.

I'm also going to move way forward in Winter, in the deep snow, and work on some arcana that Nya wants to get boosted up and manage to finish the skinning/tanning/furring threads from Winter so I can sell winter pelts and restock her painfully low coinage.

Earn a second gnosis mark to Zulrav... cause well, controlling storms would be fun.

I want to deepen several friendships - Terminus especially, reconnect with Leo, find out where Liriel has been, maybe eat Atrophus, and beat up more on Kadarus if he ever returns to the area.

And shamefully, I'll admit, I want to somehow, someway, probably during a blue moon on the edge of someone's death, get a first kiss out of Abashai. And no... not a simple goodnight peck... a real actual first kiss. I figure it will take at least the next three months, though I suspect it might take more like six - so I'm not getting my hopes up - but hey its a good goal right? :)
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Chaelnomyl on December 2nd, 2009, 7:54 pm

My goal for the Winter is to, after I get the necessary information out of Liminal in my thread "A History Between the Lines", travel to wherever I piece together is the next piece of the puzzle and continue my search for the origins of the Akvatari. If all goes well, I will likely be diving to the bottom of the sea off the coast of Ekytol looking for the old island of Sinala and the city of Aqwittah! That's the plan, anyway. Now Sam will read this and be like muhahah i will send you off in the opposite direction. Or something. ;)

I also would like to meet and play with Trista. Us Akvatari gotta stick together. And we're totally school rivals, both being artists and all. We need some fly like a butterfly slap like a seal paint-slinging action. Yeah. >_>

I also need to just get into more things. That would likely help with the next one, which is....

Echoing Malia my goal is also to keep my activity up so I don't have this long stretch of "well i didnt do anything..." lol. XD
In his winding wail and his deep-heaved sigh, his aching grief found vent...
While the sea looked upon the bending sky and murmured,
"I repent..."
Chaelnomyl
Orphan of the Sea and Sky

Words: 58281
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next