Solo [Tall Johnny's] Let the games begin!

Kreig plays an ol' Sunberth favorite.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Tall Johnny's] Let the games begin!

Postby Kreig Messer on June 30th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Summer 21st 519 A.V., 20th Bell 10th Chime.

Kreig hated his job sometimes, oh he loved fighting, there was no doubts about that and currently he was well off considering he racked up a lot of gold mizas and they’ve been gathering in his bag. Thank Yahal that the particular bag was bottomless otherwise he’d be lifting a gang boss’s ransom just waiting to be pinched by those greedy enough.

Unfortunately being that he works in the entertainment business and his boss Tall Johnny dedicated to entertaining his customers…. Occasionally things like this happened.

“Yahal above, not even when I was a squire did they make us do things like this….” He mutered, as he held one end of a platform as three other of the fighters he worked, and often fought, with carried the other ends. One fighter was on top of the platform they all carried, sitting as they tried to keep balance while surrounded by stuffed rats…..stuffed Sunberth rat skins that is with a bucket affixed to the poor fellows head.

The scene was mirrored by an opposing team, also struggling as awkward movement characterized the strange sight before the audience.

The game was rat toss, a festivities game that happened every now and then that involved two teams each with 20 stuffed rats. The goal was to toss these rats into the opposing teams basket, and the game ended when one team’ s bucket is filled to the brim, both teams run out of rats, the shooter/basket holder spills the rats, or if a team’s platform collapsed….by default, the team with the collapsed platform or spilled the rats were the losers.

Of course, a team could try to force the other one to collapse by ramming into them….. but that risked payback from the other team after the game so sometimes the teams behaved….. of course even if their platform didn’t fall there was always the chance the losing team would want payback.

But Kreig felt that was par for the course.

“Gods damn it would you toss it already” Kreig shouted as their shoot above, who replied indignantly.

“Hey, I’s only got 15 of these left, ya shykehead. This ‘eres all about aimin’ an’ patience”

“Yeah, well my patience is running out ya bum shaft” Kreig returned as he the platform carriers moved back and forth.

“Oh shut yer crack an’ focus, I’s got money on dis an’ I ain’t losin’ jus’ cus yer complainin’ about a little sore arm” Replied one of his team mates, and KReig fumed but kept silent. Gods he was considering a career change right about now…. Maybe the Sun’s Birth are hiring?
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Tall Johnny's] Let the games begin!

Postby Kreig Messer on July 25th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Eventualy the stuffed rat was tossed and wouldn’t you have guessed it? It was a miss. Kreig guess it would be, then again Kreig was feeling rather cynical considering he wasn’t quite a fan of lifting a platform carrying a moving body and stuffed rats, said moving body also having a bucket on his head that also served a goal post to toss stuffed rats in.

“Alright, so we might need ta jus’ git a bit close” Spoke th shooter, and Kreig grunted in annoyance as he and the other platform bearers moved to get another bit closer while also hping their shooter who also served as a moving goal post had enough wits about him and balance to not let the opposing shooter score OR to not trip over.

Of course this was two-way relationships, the four of them lifting his sorry rear had to make sure they didn’t give out and just drop the thing or trip on their own two feets. They also had to serve as a cohesive unit when moving anywhere and Yahal help him it was easier said than done.

Their masses moved a few steps forward and the platform shook a bit as someone took a step forward out of sync and had to catch himself before he lost it all for them. “Oy, watch yer feet down there ya blowhards, ya coulda pushed me off me aim!”

“Firs’ ya oughta have aim ye nitwit, jus’ shoot al-“

“Oh, one of ‘ems gonna shoot! Shift left!”

And with frantic movement they did, though a bit too quick for the shooter’s comfort as he leaned back and forth a bit “Yshul take yer coin purses, ya moved too fast ya gits, coulda cost me a rat… or worse, the game!”

“JUST SHOOT” The group below chorused, and KReig may have shouted louder than he intended, considering neither team had a shot in since the beginning of this damnable match. Why didn’t he coose to do a fight with handicaps instead? That sounded much better than this right about now and without these fellows voices grating his ears, at least a fight usually ended in minutes.

Sensing his collegues discomfort, or rather their irritation at him, the shooter took his aim at the opposing teams bucket ontop of their shooter’s head. The other team began moving in retaliation, trying to get out of range or just cause him to miss entirely…. But it seemed the shooter on Kreig’s team wasn’t all talk after all as the rat tossed into the bucket neatly.
Cheers erupted from the audience as someone finally scored the first rat of the game. KReig could’t help but feel elated as he remarked “Alright, so maybe yer onto something with that patience bit”

The shooter returned a smug reply “Told ya, its all patience an’ aimin’” And so the game moved onwards, a trade of rats and movements as each tried to outscore the other now and again.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)