Looking for Skilled Individuals of the Suspicious Kind...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Re: Looking for Skilled Individuals of the Suspicious Kind...

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 5th, 2009, 5:13 pm

I thought of that, but thought it was cliche and nobady would like it. If you guys think thats a good name, we'll use it. :D

And... alright, the rank idea is good. Were still in development stage so suggestions on anything are welcome people.
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby kotoki on December 5th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Well i think the NightHawks is a little cliche myself, how about something like Death Heralds?
The Tenacious thought of peace would drive me insane
kotoki
Player

Words: 6932
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Slade on December 6th, 2009, 4:21 am

Japanese it up.

The Yakuza.
Slade
World's Largest Midget/World's Smallest Giant

Words: 5017
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2009, 7:22 am
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 6th, 2009, 10:59 am

"The term Yakuza comes from a Japanese game, Oicho-Kabu (played with hanafuda or kabufuda cards). The worst hand in the game is a set of eight, nine and three. In traditional Japanese forms of counting, these numbers are called Ya, Ku and Sa, thus the origin of the word yakuza. The yakuza took this name because the Ya-Ku-Za hand requires the most skill (at judging opponents, etc.) and, obviously, the best luck in order to win. The name was also used because it signified bad fortune, presumably for anyone who went up against the group."

From the Wikipedia...

And... The Yakuza is a 1974 movie. Because this term is a movie title and is actually the term used for organized crime (and a specific crime syndicate) in Japan I would strongly discourage you from using this as an organization in Mizahar. We are striving for all original, and if your group became big enough and hangs around long enough to merit a wiki entry, it would not be allowed under our naming rules and originality rules which to me seems a shame. But the name rules are there for a specific reason. ;)

The same goes for Nighthawks, which is a Jennifer Robinson merc group which had a lot of merc assassins in them.

Instead of combing the web for a 'name' why don't you guys MAKE ONE UP THAT IS ORIGINAL and not used anywhere else (goggle it to be sure)? You can explain the word origins, make it mean something neat perhaps in the Ancient Tongue... and not angst over this like you guys seem to be doing.

Might I recommend a name generator?

Good Luck.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Slade on December 6th, 2009, 11:24 am

Sorry, was in a very Jap mood :P
Slade

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 6th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Hmmm maybe the Djunn or Roza Syndicate?

Djunn means 'art, craft, that which is made by man' in the Ancient Tongue and Roza means 'death, end, termination, interruption' in the Ancient Tongue. That, or we can just find a really unique looking name on Rinkworks, which Ive finally been able to check out. While random, I like it. :)

Some I found on Rinkworks were the following:

Surod, Nudat, Duron, Rirale, Renoler, Loxila.... Lots we can choose from.

Also, we could always use some sort of Latin term, I've found they can be very interesting if you find the right meaning...

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Slade on December 6th, 2009, 10:04 pm

Actually, Roza Syndicate sounds pretty good.
Slade

Character sheet

Postby kotoki on December 7th, 2009, 2:00 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i agree with post above :D
The Tenacious thought of peace would drive me insane
kotoki
Player

Words: 6932
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 7th, 2009, 2:22 am

Alright then, thats the name. And its final!!! :)

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2009, 2:29 am

Finally, something I think everyone can wholeheartedly approve of. Grats guys. :)

Now, if I may be so bold... as a storyteller its my job to guide and nudge you. Can I nudge you guys into a thread where you guys meet, and start plotting some of the organization in character? I'd be glad to lead you guys along to help out... even give you a benefactor to help fund you a bit... in exchange for a few favors. Leave it to me to explain how you all get together.... and why your in the same place at the same time!

In anticipation of a 'YEA!' I'll go ahead and post something tonight with your name in it. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext