[Golden Dragon] This Hollow Life... (Akuaysun)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Golden Dragon] This Hollow Life... (Akuaysun)

Postby Akuaysun on December 9th, 2009, 12:29 am

Akuaysun said nothing as she spoke, having learned the value of listening long ago. Her voice was soft, yet firm, each word carefully selected as she let them roll from her lips. Her phrases flowing into one another and speaking of the things she did know rather than those she did not. Nilanv tried to give his soul comfort and help direct him, but it was hard to explain exactly what it was he himself spoke of. Aku could not expect her to fully understand, even he truly did not. Especilly in this form of his being, thoughts of his time amongst the gods was a fog at best. He did feel comfort about her though, her hands softly touching him, caressing his flesh, it was much like a mother would do to her child. She truly cared in her soul about his, that much was obvious.

Giving her a soft smile and nod he retorted to her own words. “I do not disregard the value of my time on this world, more over I do cherish it. What you say runs parallel to my hopes, and that is why I now seek out the gods, so that I may speak to Leth and for certain know what it is he wishes for me to accomplish here. He is the god thought but also of change, and so I choose not to call for him directly but rather run a course that will lead me to him. In time I will find out what it is that he has tasked me with and then I shall carry out my given chores. The journey itself could be that which has given but I will never know until I stand face to face with my lord. To simply turn my back on him is not an option however, as that would be like turning my back on the very life that you speak so dearly of.”

Tan hands gripped the railing of the tub and pulled the man up from the water below. It streamed off his body as Aku retch for his towel to dry himself. Looking down and the Konti woman who was with him and then to the window to judge just how long he had till Leth rose, the Ethaefal in Myrian flesh quickly went to work removing the water from his flesh and stepping from his bath. “Nilanv I intend to walk my course whatever it shall be, do not think that I have simply given up on life. Whoever fate deems necessary to put in my path I shall do as I can for, but my goals will remain the same until they come to their end. After all there are only two things I know in life, battle and Leth, I hope to seek out the latter and avoid the prior if I can, I know that the time will come when I must raise up my weapon but I do not take on that role lightly. Once that first task is complete, if the gods still deem it necessary to walk amongst the people of this plane, then I shall look to making a better life for myself.”

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 28th, 2009, 9:49 am

Nilanv thought it was interesting how his attitude seemed to change from one moment to the next, moving first from a sort of despair, then into a wistful longing, and finally into this newest emotion - an almost hopeful anticipation. It gave Nilanv a lot to think about. She knew about the transitional journey an Ethaefal made throughout the day, but she thought it was a physical change, made visual and dominant in its certainty. But now, after speaking to Ethaefal for the time she had come to realize that their transitional nature surpassed perhaps just the visual to encompass more than she had expected.

It was interesting to Nilanv who found the study of people somewhat fascinating. She liked, most of all, to speak to the darker elements and learn about their motivations. And while she couldn't predict their future, not like some of her kind could, she often made judgments and followed up on them to see how her thoughts had played out. Akuaysun's journey would be an interesting one. He'd face danger too, she imagined, for the people that fell to the world from the sky often had no sense of their mortality, if indeed they claimed any of their own.

The Konti rose, nodded once, and while Akuaysun dried and changed, she retrieved him a tray of fruit, bread, and rolled meats. Also upon the tray was a pair of sheathed daggers that were longer than the average fighting knife. She rested the tray down on a small writing desk and picked up the daggers. They were attached to a fine leather belt. She pulled both free, carefully for they were sharp, of their sheaths and waited until she had his attention again.

Then she presented them to him by crossing them and holding them up hilt first. "I sometimes find myself collecting things. No, I think a more accurate description would be that things come to me to be collected and rehomed. These have been with me for quite a while, and I've not known who they were for before now. They are made from Stardown, a metal that sometimes falls from the sky. I think that makes you have more in common with them than I have. I noticed you had no real weapon with you, unlike most men that visit, so perhaps you might enjoy these." She said gently, holding out the blades to him.

"You may keep them. I have a feeling you'll need them in the future."
The Konti said gently. The blades were long, easily as long as the Konti's forearms. They could be considered either long knives or short swords, though they were elegant in their own way. Of simplistic design, they had a faint blue glow to them that would make them clearly visible even in the darkness. The stardown was an odd blueish metallic color that deepened to cobalt towards their tip. There was no ornamentation on the hilts, just etchings, and those in fact seemed to be made of velispar bone. If Akuaysun touched them, he'd feel a slight vibration in the weapons and a slight almost after buzz in his ears.

"They are called Kasai and Ivkai in old tongue. Hope and Faith."
Indeed the daggers did have those words etched in their handles on the end on the pommel. The Konti said gently, then waited to see Akuaysun's reaction.

Kasai & Isikai :
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Akuaysun on December 31st, 2009, 8:01 am

Nilanv was studying Akuaysun closely, obviously trying to learn more about him. He enjoyed the polite conversation, the first he had enjoyed since Ravok. She seemed to be taken to him for whatever reasons, and her ideas were a nice thought. Whatever she knew, or thought however would likely not hold near the sway to alter his outlook. Confused as he was, Aku knew what he believed in and was certain that he would not be walking about in this realm if he had not been served with a purpose, and the only way he knew to find that purpose was to seek out his god.

As she moved about the Ethaefal paid little attention to what she might be up to. He had no reason to mistrust her, nor did he truly have anything to lose. The man only had a single change of clothes after all and he doubted they would do her much good. Slipping his pants onto each leg and pulled the leather laces tight that held them on Aku. His hands then quickly went to the chain that held the crystal moon and pulled it over his head and let it hang low on his dark chest, catching the last rays of light and sparkling with all the colors of the world.

As he turned however, his demeanor began to shift. There before him stood the woman with twin blades in hand. Instantly his hands clenched into tight fists and then released, again once more and then a slow breath released as she stepped forward and spun them about, offering the hilts to Aku. At first the man hesitated, wondering if she had known he was coming or this wad in fact her room. The food was already here, the blades waiting in the room, and only the pair had entered, and he had not seen her speak in depth to anyone else. It was a truly strange occurrence that somewhat worried the Myrian on some levels. He was long away from this world and while his senses were nothing like they used to be, he hadn’t thought they had fallen this far.

Taking the balanced weapons and letting his green-gold eyes scan over them as she explained he felt a sort of awe washing over him. The hum in his ears matched with the soft vibrations in the steel and interestingly enough gave him the distinct impression that there may be something more to the duo of steel. “They are beautiful Nilanv, a one of a kind thing. I would feel honored to have them but I have nothing to give you in return. All that I have is what you see before you, just enough for the will to step into the next day, given to me by a brethren of Leth. I will speak to Leth of his kindness when I see him again but I do not think that it would hold the same value to you, a child of Laviku and his love.”

He paused suddenly thinking that perhaps his words would offend her and lowered his head to the blades again. “If that would please you however I would pass along the word of your kindness to Leth when I next meet him?”

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 17th, 2010, 6:06 am

The konti shook her head. "I need nothing in return. Konti give their gifts where they will without asking for payment. It is not our way. Nor do I need Leth to know of my kindness. He is not the one I look too... though he is a lovely God for all that. Some of us walk an unwavering path of purpose. It is why I am here in Syliras. We do not choose our Calls, they choose us. I accept that." She said, then smiled.

"It grows late. There will be food downstairs, or a tray can be delivered later. Is there anything else you need, Akuaysun? I appreciate the time you have given me to speak to one such as you. They are rare in this city... indeed in the world. But it is time for me to help with preparations for the meals forthcoming. I should not linger or others will need to do my work for me."
She said gently, obviously getting ready to take her leave. Nilnav seemed to have actually accomplished what she set out to do, be it a conversation with him or simply passing the blades into his possession.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Akuaysun on January 19th, 2010, 4:12 am

“My thanks to you then Nilnav, may your god bless and watch over. If I could ask one last thing of you, I would have you send a meal to my room when the food is prepared. I do not seek the attention my celestial nature draws. I am much happier left to my peace in the night hours.”

As she slid away, Aku insured the door was secured and settled in for the night. He had few plans for the evening and if any chose to bother him, he would politely turn them away each time. In the following days the man did much the same, asking for those that would enter his room to please leave him be.

When his three days within the walls of Syliras had passed Aku insured his tab was paid. He left twelve golden mizas for three meals and three days worth of board. The Ethaefal took with him the new blades presented by the Konti and headed onward to the south in search of those who lived outside the cycle.

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Previous