Anthoni Cole: Immortalizing Bad Ideas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Anthoni Cole: Immortalizing Bad Ideas

Postby Anthoni Cole on October 23rd, 2019, 6:34 pm

When Trouble Finds You

Thread One - Solo - Anthoni Cole is asked for personally to complete what seems to be a routine job. A lowly street gang called The Pigmies and their leader Fyndal Cobert present Anthoni with a chest. A chest in which they stole from person(s) unknown to Anthoni. Their problem however is that they do not have the key to open the thing. Hence why they bring Anthoni into the mix, since he's a known freelance thief, unaffiliated with any Gang and reputable enough to handle a simple job the Pigmies enlist his help. They ask him to steal the key which will open the chest and promise him a pretty penny if he does so. Of course Anthoni accepts the task.

The chest, he is told, belongs to a local merchant based out of the castle commons. A wealthy man, like most merchants are, and now with his missing chest he's very, very upset. Anthoni will do his research on the Merchant, find out where he lives, if he's hired any security, then figure out where the the key is. He does this by tailing the merchant back to his house but upon discovering the mans beefed up security Anthoni realizes just how hard the task will be.

Thread 2 - Solo - The thread opens with Anthoni waiting for the merchant to leave his place of business. Sneaking past the guards outside he then raids the business and scours the place for the key but only discovers the merchants ledger and some letters set to be sent out the following day. Upon reading Anthoni figures out that the merchant has the key stored away at his home in addition the merchant has put out a bounty for the Pigmies and it's quite a large sum. Thus he must continue on to the merchants home, avoiding the guards outside the merchants business. During the night Anthoni breaks into the home of the merchant and begins looking for the key to the chest. He finds the key, but after picking it up a trap goes off. The key had a tiny piece of string attached to it and a bell is rung as he snatches the key. It's now a mad dash out of the home of the merchant. Guards being alerted, the merchant waking (perhaps even seeing Anthoni's face) and Anthoni somehow, someway, is caused injury. I'm thinking an arrow hit's him or cut badly with a dagger. He escapes but is badly hurt.

Thread 3 - Solo - Anthoni returns home in a desperate attempt to flee the guards. Upon arrival he finds his little sister Keiyara to be awake, she sees immediatly just how bad Anthoni is hurt and begins to do what she can to help. (Personal Note - She scorns Anthoni for choosing this way of life. He tells her that after this job they'll finally have enough money to leave Sunberth forever. Like they've always dreamed of doing.) After Anthoni is patched back to stability, stopping either the bleeding, or whatever he must do he then falls asleep. The next morning the door to his home is kicked in and the Merchant along with the guards raids his home. During his panicked fleeing the night before he was unaware that he was being tailed. A talk with Anthoni ensues where the intent is to discover the location of the Pigmies hideout. The merchant then takes Keiyara away threatening the girls life if Anthoni doesn't take them to the Pigmies. Of course Anthoni complies, anything to save his sister, anything.

Thread 4 - Solo - Anthoni makes his way to the Pigmies location, key in hand for the chest. All the while he's being tailed by the Merchant and his goons. Anthoni must deceive the Pigmies into thinking the task is over. Avoid their suspicions, and collect his reward. However when Fyndal Cobert, the leader of the Pigmies, opens up the chest he finds it empty. Nothing is inside. Suddenly the Merchant reveals himself and guards surround the premises. A fight ensues but the merchant and his goons are victorious and the fight ends with the Pigmies being completely slaughtered. Anthoni looks around asking for his sister and to be let free. The merchant explains that before his chest was robbed he emptied the contents. Now he'd hang the Pigmies high in the street as a warning to other thieves not to steal from him. However since Anthoni helped him make such a great example of the Pigmies he's willing to spare him and his sister. But, he must role the bone dice.

One of the merchants goons brings forth Keiyara. Anthoni refuses to roll the dice. The merchant claims he'll kill them both if he doesn't roll the dice. Anthoni rolls the dice and the god Ovek is kind to him, he rolls once for himself and the other for his sister, both rolls allow them to live.

Here's where I can't decide what happens though (whoever is reading this) I can't decide if the merchant kills Keiyara or not. I think the merchant will kill her as a lesson to Anthoni, but I'm unsure. If Anthoni's sister died he'd be a broken man, flat out broken.

Then again I could always do flashbacks with him and his sister. It'd up my skills for Anthoni, it'd create character flavor, and help me roleplay him as more of a lost soul stuck in the past but motivated for revenge.

Also thinking about a Gnosis mark from Ovek, the god's attention being drawn to Anthoni after one hellacious gamble. I'm cool either way on that though!

If you have any suggestions, feedback, concerns, whatever you have I'll listen! Thank you in advance for reading this plot of mine.
Anthoni Cole
Sunberth Street Rat

Words: 51153
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2018, 2:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets