Closed Ice and Grit (Moritz)

climbing in the snow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Moderator: Luminescence

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on February 9th, 2020, 6:04 pm

15th Winter 519 AV
"speech"
"others"

The baby was at home with Itzi. Ennisa was surprised by how strange it felt walking around without the little boy. It was strange how quickly she had become used to the bundle of squirming warmth strapped to her chest. How easy it was to walk around, free! She kept looking down at her chest, expecting to see the empty wraps dangling, as if he'd fallen or disappeared. Whichever god or goddess had delivered the baby to her could quite easily take him away, if they thought her unworthy. The thought scared her. For several days after he'd come into her life, the thought of losing the child hadn't seemed too bad. She didn't love him; after all, she had only known him for a few days.

Now though, she thought fondly of his little toothless smile and his dark eyes. She worried if he cried, and smiled if he laughed. It was strange to be without him, but Itzi had offered to take care of him for a few bells so that she could get a bit of a breather, and she would have been stupid to ignore her generous offer.

Ennisa walked through the streets of Lhavit, out in the general direction of Madeira's Infinity Manor. Her feet had begun to take her there before she'd really thought about where she was going. Madeira wasn't exactly someone she badly wanted to see in her few bells of peace. However, she hadn't seen the woman in a long while, which was both a relief and an annoyance. Last season, she had somehow convinced the Spiritist to teach her malediction, but not much had come of that yet. Ennisa still couldn't believe what had happened, not really, but she would make use of her tentative apprenticeship as much as she could. Even if she hated the Alvad woman. Even if she barely understood the magic they'd discussed.

Nevertheless, she was now close to the manor house, though not close enough to see it yet. As she didn't want to actually speak to Madeira, she hesitated before the path leading towards the house. She needed to build upon the meeting they'd had in autumn, but she was loathe to do that today. She stopped and looked about idly as she dilly-dallied in thought. The landscape surrounding the Infinity Manor was snow-covered, as was the rest of Lhavit. The sun glare bouncing from the snow was making her squint, but as she peered through slit-eyes, she spotted a neat outcrop of rock that rose to a pinnacle. It certainly wasn't as large a slope as the surrounding mountains, but she realised she would probably be able to get a decent view of the manor from there, if she could clamber up the stony surface...

An idea flickered into her mind, and she smiled to herself. With that, she stepped off the slushy path, out across the relatively unbroken snow. Her leather boots left decent prints in the white snow, so she certainly wasn't being terribly stealthy. She also stood out on the backdrop of the snow, wearing her new fur-trimmed cloak, as well as the burgundy woollen scarf wrapped close around her neck to keep out the chill. Her long, pale hair streamed around her in straggly waves, and her pale skin was flushed pink from the chill.

After a couple of chimes walking, she had neared the rocky outcrop. Now that she was closer, the steepness of the climb was mildly daunting, to say the least. It was not a vertical climb, which she was glad about, but it was taller than anything she'd climbed when she was younger. Nevertheless, she was here now. Besides, the challenge seemed exciting, and it wouldn't hurt to find out a little more about Madeira, hopefully without her knowing.

If she started to climb wearing all the layers she was wearing, she would undoubtedly become tangled and fall, so she slipped out of the cloak and piled it at the bottom of the rock face. She gathered her hair into a loose scrunchy mess and tied it with the woollen scarf to stop it getting in the way, in a style similar to how she'd seen Itzi tie her hair. With only wearing a shirt, she could certainly feel the chill, but she ignored it and began looking for handholds.

Thankfully, the rock was nobbly and pitted with age. Ennisa gripped the rock as tight as she could, and hauled herself off from the ground to begin climbing achingly slowly up the rockface.
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Image
User avatar
Ennisa
Miss Chievious
 
Posts: 258
Words: 262014
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on February 9th, 2020, 10:45 pm

15 Winter 519


Moritz listened. It was one of the things he excelled at. He did not talk too often, preferring to listen and consider before coming to a decision and responding. Of course seeing as he spent a good bit of his time in his Okomo form, which could not properly speak to others, this also added to his nature of listening more than speaking.

But when others spoke, he listened. And when his mother made a rule, he did his best to follow it... When it was a good rule anyways.

She had all too recently said his non-Okomo human form was small and weak. And so she wanted him to be safe, and to not wander away from home.

This was quite clear to him, and so he would not be breaking that rule.

Heading towards the front door of the manor, Moritz began undressing, stacking his clothes in a small heap off to the side of the door where no one would step on it.

"House! Is going out! Is you open door when get back as Okomo? Mommy say no go off as little, so I go off as Okomo. Is door?"

In answer the front door began to swing open as if caught on some unfelt wind. Moritz raced through and pushed it closed behind him, feeling the bracing cold across his naked body. For a moment. Then the door was shut, and he turned and ran forward into the snow. One step. Two. And then mid stride he changed, sending off a flash of light and color to swirl about him for a moment before his child like form vanished and was replaced by his Okomo form.

In this form he was much warmer, in fact the cold of the snow and the cool air seemed quite warm against his colorfully furred flesh. His skyglass hooves felt the snow crinkle at his passing pressure, but did not seem to transition any cold to them.

He was admittedly not a fully grown Okomo. He was perhaps three quarters the size of a full grown one, perhaps coming to around four foot at his shoulder height, and only weighing around six hundred pounds. Barely more than half the weight of a full grown Okomo.

This left him appearing somewhat skinny for his size, like his growth had prioritized height over weight and had left him rushing to fill out afterwards. But of course compared to a person he was quite large.

Pausing for a moment Moritz looked about on the horizon, able to look about better with his head shaped correctly in his Okomo form for his eyes such that he could bend and flex and move his body and neck without ever taking his eyes off the horizon.

Picking a direction he began to run, letting his legs stretch and his hooves grip in passing at the snow. After he got up to speed he began to flex his legs more, turning his motion into more of a long bounding leap than an actual run. Moritz let out a "Aaaaah" of enjoyment as he moved, feeling the wind whip about against his fur as he moved.

In the distance he heard an Okomo voice in return, more of a statement of "I am here" in the Okomo tongue than an actual series of words or response.

It was not long after this Moritz began to tire, feeling his legs begin to burn and the air filling his lungs to lessen even as his breathing began to accelerate from the effort. It was nice to get out and move, but he did not have the endurance to keep it up like a full grown and muscled Okomo would. He was still learning, still growing, still strengthening and training.

Slowing down Moritz made another hop and then a smaller one, before coming to rest near a rocky outcrop. He let his breathing catch as he looked about, studying his surroundings. He could see some marks in the snow, heading off towards the rocky area. Walking after the marks he investigated the trail through the snow, realizing someone or something was moving about not too far from his home.

Looking at the markings as he moved, scrunching his hooves in the snow as he paced through it, he realized he could not tell from their shape what they were. They did not look like Okomo hooves, nor paws, but besides that he could not tell their shape well enough. Human maybe? Or some such similarly shaped footed being?

That seemed likely, Moritz thought, but not certain. Probably not a goat or Okomo or bear, but perhaps a human?

His theory was proven true as he neared and got within sight of the rock outcrop. There he saw a human woman at the bottom of the stone outcrop, a piece of some discarded clothing set near the base.

Moritz moved a few steps closer, walking up to her as he considered what she was doing. Climbing? Then he let out a querying sound as he neared, another loud almost human "Aaaaaaah" which so belonged to him in that moment as an Okomo.
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on February 11th, 2020, 11:08 am

"speech"
"others"

"Petch it!" She cursed quietly under her breath as her hand slipped on some loose rock, and she only just managed to grab a more secure handhold. The stones scattered softly down the slope, and landed with a soft staccato of thuds in the snow at the base of the rock. She looked down awkwardly, as she had to bend her neck around past 90° to see behind her. Shyke. Close call. She consoled herself with the fact there was no-one around to see her looking like an idiot.

Then her gaze followed the line of her footsteps, and all of a sudden, there was something. It came closer. She stayed clinging on, her fingers getting cold and cramped as she watched the creature approaching. To her surprise, it was an okomo. A young one, if she guessed right, judging by the size. She had a fond spot for animals, and with okomo being the sacred creatures of Lhavit, she couldn't stop the soppy grin spreading across her face even if she tried.

"Hey there, fel..-"

"Aaaaaaah," came the ungodly sound from the okomo.

"Aaah yourself!", Ennisa retorted, then stopped herself. She was alone apart from the goat-ish creature, but that didn't mean she could act like a complete fool, and it was certainly foolish to talk to an animal. She shook her head, and gingerly began to climb again. Her fingers were now quite freezing, so she took a moment to hold onto a more secure place and briefly warm her digits up underneath her armpits.

It was incredibly slow going, as she kept having to look down at where her feet were, and then back up to look for hand-holds. Still, after that first slip, she wasn't so keen on rushing things. Ennisa didn't want to fall; she suspected she wouldn't be so great at landing, and she'd already garnered a few scrapes where she had brushed too closely past the rough crag.

After perhaps a chime or two, she suddenly remembered her new cloak, which she'd left at the base of the rock on the premise that there was no-one around. Well, okomo were similar to goats, and everyone knew that goats ate everything. With mild panic she jerked her head around to look down at the cloak on the ground. If the okomo was anywhere near it, she would shout at it until it went away.
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Image
User avatar
Ennisa
Miss Chievious
 
Posts: 258
Words: 262014
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on February 11th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Moritz watched as the human began her attempt at climbing the somewhat steep incline. It was not vertical, but nor was it a gentle incline such as one would walk along casually.

The sight of the human having such trouble reminded Moritz of the usefulness of having the proper tools for the task at hand. In his Okomo form, with his large body and cloven hooves that could grip on the smallest of good spots he was much better equipped than the human to climb such a surface.

From her expression at seeing him approach, she seemed gladdened to see him. Which, Moritz knew, was to be expected. An Okomo was a rare beauty, and to have one grace a passers presence was as equally rare. Surely she was thinking along the same lines.

When she responded in kind to his sound, one of the only ones he could make with his Okomo throat, he pondered the woman. Was she teasing him? Trying to be rude? Joking? Trying to communicate? He was not sure, could not tell the level of seriousness the woman had in interacting in such a way.

Unsure what her yell meant, Moritz decided to simply ignore it as a quirk of an odd human trying and failing to interact with an Okomo.

Heading closer he nosed about, bending his head down to sniff at the bit of clothing while keeping his eyes up, and then passing onward closer to where the woman was.

Soon enough she seemed to turn to ignore him, focusing once more on her attempt at a climb.

It did make Moritz curious. Why was she climbing? Did she need to reach somewhere? The top? The other side of the outcrop? Why was she here by herself though, wandering about close to his home?

Deciding to join her or assist her, he was undecided which yet, Moritz headed up the slope after her.

Moving onto the rock slope Moritz felt about with his hooves, grasping and pulling and clenching with them. When one moved about on the surface, it became clear the surface was not in truth consistent. Not in truth a smooth upward motion. Instead it was full of irregularities. Gaps, flat bits, peaks, slopes, dips, cracks, all manner of changes which made a changing surface. As he swept one side up his hooves gripped at a small flat patch on the ground. Then he turned and moved again on the other while his one side held him in place and stable.

Then again, and another turn, making steady and increasing progress. By the time the woman whipped about he had clip clopped right near her, and though having started later was already passing near behind her, beside her.

Another few motions and he was even with her, beside her. Moritz turned then to meet her gaze, examining her as she moved. As she struggled.

He stayed silent now, simply looking and considering and examining. Investigating. A mass of bone and sinew and muscle and hooves and thick colorful fur was he. And the start of horns, though not as grand as the larger older Okomo's. But with the promise of such.
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on February 28th, 2020, 3:17 pm

"speech"
"others"

She almost let go of the rock altogether when she saw the okomo so close. Her eyes widened with very visible surprise, and she made a small squeaking sound from somewhere within her throat. It was only through willpower that she didn't squawk in an unbecoming manner. Instead, she tightened her grip on the rock face, and looked at the okomo with wide, curious eyes. In all honesty, she was genuinely surprised - amazed, even - that the okomo had followed her up. Perhaps her 'ahh'ed retort had meant something to the creature? There was no possible way of knowing.

Up close and personal, there was a lot to digest. She shuffled sideways slightly to keep her distance in case it bit her, and looked at the hooves, the horns, and the eyes. As far as her limited understanding extended, the animal didn't look particularly aggressive, or anxious. She reasoned that it wouldn't have followed her so mutely and softly if it had any hint of aggression. This did make her feel a little better, and her heart calmed a little, despite the close proximity the creature maintained.

Quietly and under her breath, she murmured, "What are you doing here, hmm?" Her brows furrowed lightly, and she narrowed her eyes thoughtfully; the animal was unlikely to answer, so she continued her way up the rock face. Yet the okomo was never far from her mind, and she was nothing if not curious by nature. She hadn't quite reached the best vantage point of Infinity Manor, but she wasn't in too much of a hurry, even though she did need to return to Itzi at some point.

She had only moved one hand hold further up in a sideways motion along the crag. The hold was a little firmer, enough for her to take her hands off from the cold stone and keep herself wedged in place with her feet. She needed to be careful not to lean too far backwards, was all. She was glad to be able to move her hands, because she had an idea.

If the okomo was still around, she would extend her hand to its head. If Moritz let her, she would softly pat his head, all the while unknowing of the antelope-esque creature's true identity. It was only on the day of the Okomo Festival that she had last touched one of Lhavit's sacred creatures, and somehow she had a notion that to have contact with such a creature brought good luck. "I need some of that right now." She uttered quietly, talking to herself in the absence of company. Luck and good fortune was something that seemed in short supply recently.

ooc :
Hey, sorry for the delayed response, and the woefully short length! I hope that's okay.
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Image
User avatar
Ennisa
Miss Chievious
 
Posts: 258
Words: 262014
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on March 9th, 2020, 11:49 pm

Moritz simply stared back as the human woman startled at seeing him close by. He was not sure why, she had surely seen him coming up after her? So then it would be clear enough he would come up after her.

For a moment he thought the woman had a mouse hidden in her shirt, but then realized the sound had come from her. An odd human, but then most were quite odd unlike the refined Okomo of Lhavit.

After a bit the woman seemed to focus back on the ground before her, while also quietly asking a question she clearly meant to be rhetorical. But then, he supposed, most Okomo did not speak to humans as they were not kelvic and could not form words. So even if they understood, they could not communicate, and so did not pay so much attention to words.

But Moritz, being a Kelvic, could understand even if he could not respond just then in his current form.

Absentmindedly he went to answer her query, only to emit another "Aaaaah!" in response due to his limited vocal abilities as an Okomo.

As the woman began to climb again, Moritz quietly headed after her. Though there was the clip and clop of his hooves on stone, bits of glass bone hooves meeting the hard stone of the surface, which meant he was not truly silent.

Another few steps up, this time causing Moritz to move each leg independently to find the preferred positioning. This leg here, and this one here, this one a bit higher and this one a bit lower, such that he was perched quite confidently but in a odd up and down fashion.

Unlike the human who seemed to have found a good spot for her feet, and was pausing to rest perhaps there. It meant her hands were free for the moment, as she glanced back at him.

Moritz simply stared with his square eyes, the pupil wider than it was tall. When the woman moved to touch him he simply continued looking, then peered off into the distance in a clear "I don't care either way, do what you want" motion.

Oddly enough though when she did touch him she seemed to... Pat him. Rather than petting, which most people did. Patting was an odd expression, more like something meant to placate, whereas petting was somewhat more tender and friendly a motion.

Her next words were confusing, but Moritz did not question them. Instead he quietly considered them, while focusing back on the rock of the slope. Once the human was done he took a few steps higher, quickly moving by using all of his legs to find pockets of holds where the larger human limbs not made for such could not so easily. Within a few moments he was at the top of the incline, and noticed the view. He could see his house.

Looking at the house, then turning back to the human, he connected the two. This person had come up here to look at his house. But to do so from a distance, which implied secrecy. Odd to him. Why would someone want to see his house and not have anyone know of it?

Only bad reasons seemed to occur to him at that moment.

Moving back downward to meet the human, Moritz let out another "Aaaaah", this time letting a bit of aggravation leak into his tone.

He motioned with his head towards his house, then motioned at the human, before before staring at her. If she did not respond to his query, he would repeat. Motion to the house, motion to the woman, then stare at the woman.

Perhaps his question would be clear. What did the woman want or have to do with his abode? Or at least some variant of that...
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on March 14th, 2020, 5:35 pm


"speech"
"others"

After a few touches to his wiry, warm head, she stopped and withdrew her hand, lest the creature suddenly decided she wasn't so welcome. She seemed to recall that those who weren't favoured by Zintia got bitten by the okomo. That could have been a children's story to frighten bad kids with no basis in reality, but Ennisa wasn't sure, and it was better safe than sorry. She watched the okomo moving deftly across the stony surface, the way his hooves gripped where it looked impossible. She was impressed, and pleased that the okomo still graced her with his presence.

Taking it as a further sign of good luck, she smiled, and continued her climb. She unjammed her feet from their wedge and searched about for a new place to put her hands. Unfortunately, the grip she chose wasn't the best. Over the years, water had got into the crack, and soil had built up in the little nook. Several years ago, it had been colonised with stubborn heather. Now, it's long life of endurance had come to an end by Ennisa's unwitting hand. She shook the remains of the plant from her hand, and firmly grasped the nearest hand hold. Her hands had picked up a couple of scrapes already, which stung in the cool air.

She'd almost reached the top of the crag when she stopped, her elbows leaning on the lip. The okomo was staring at her again. This time, there was something disturbing intelligent in its gaze. "What's your deal?", she grumbled. The creature let out another 'aaah', this time with more grit to it. Ennisa watched with amazed fascination as he clearly gestured to the Infinity Manor and back to her, and again.

"What the petch?" She narrowed her eyes. Was that accusation in the okomo's gaze? "What do you want? You want to know what I'm doing, is that it? Look, creature, I..." She was about to unthinkingly blurt out her intention, when a niggling thought stopped her. With the strange behaviour of this okomo, what if he wasn't an okomo at all? What if, and here she was spitballing wildly, what if this creature was a ghost from Madeira? Or part of the sentient house that she still didn't fully fathom? What if he was, gods, what if he was a Kelvic, like Aleth?

Her face, already cold, flushed a ruddy red colour. "I'm just here for the view. And I can't believe I'm talking to an animal. Unless... you're not?" There was so much doubt in her voice that the end of the sentence rose unnaturally in pitch. Perhaps she was just becoming paranoid. With the season she'd just had, unfortunately anything now seemed possible. Magic, and ghosts, and living houses... all of this hadn't ever been considered before she had met Madeira. Now, she had a glowing presumably magical baby that had materialised from nowhere, and she was Madeira's apprentice, to her teacher's great reluctance. This okomo could be anything.

"Maybe I'm going mad." Talking to herself definitely seemed like the first sign of madness. She hefted a deep sigh and finally pulled herself up onto the flatish top of the crag. Thankfully it was a good view, and there was just about enough space for her and the okomo to sit without getting in each other's way. She gazed out at the Infinity Manor, but could feel the baleful eyes of the okomo on her back so much so that she turned to look around the rest of the area.
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Image
User avatar
Ennisa
Miss Chievious
 
Posts: 258
Words: 262014
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on March 15th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Moritz waited and watched as the woman cursed and responded in turn. If he had been in his other form he might have admonished her for it, but seeing as he was in his Okomo form he knew that would be of minimal use.

He could tell she was about to say something, to explain, when she suddenly stopped as if thinking better on it.

When she did speak, Moritz was fairly certain her words were not truth. She had climbed this craggy surface right near where he lived, just for the view... The view which included his house and the lands upon which it was settled. He was young, but he had not been literally born the day before, nor even the season before.

Her response was questionable at best, and at worst... At worst it seemed quite likely to be a lie. How her face reacted, changing hue, perhaps also lent some credence to his logical believe.

As the woman turned and finished her speech to examine his home more closely, he was fairly certain she was there for his home or the sight of it. Which seemed... Odd.

He took a few steps closer to bring himself within range of the woman and the view, before considering both.

Then, annoyed at the woman both ignoring him and apparently lying to him, he bent down to nip at her leg with his mouth. Not hard enough to hurt her, more of a pinch if his nip landed true, but enough to be painful and noticeable. If nothing else it would make his annoyance quite clear, and perhaps his calling of her lies clear as well.
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on March 17th, 2020, 4:29 pm


"speech"
"others"

"HEY, you mother..-!" She started to her feet and backed away. The nip had caught, and stung. "What the actual..?" It probably wasn't worth it, the view of the Infinity Manor. The baby, and Itzi, seemed all the more welcoming. This okomo or whatever it was, seemed to be getting increasingly more anti-social, and she didn't appreciate that. Despite the steadily growing inclination that she was going mad, she continued talking to the okomo. Maybe it was considered talking at the okomo.

"Look, you're not going to get any answers from me! A girl can climb if she wants to, can't she? I'll go now. Happy?" She grumbled to herself, took one last, dissatisfied look at the Infinity Manor seeing nothing of any use, and began to make progress back down the crag. Going down actually seemed more difficult than going up. That might have been because she knew the okomo was above her, and apparently he was a biter. She guarded her fingers as carefully as she could manage, but she couldn't keep her eyes in more than one place at any one time.

If the okomo wanted to make the jump on her, he would have quite an easy go of things. Ennisa was focussing more on where she was putting her hands and feet. The way down was not so clear when having to look over and around your own body. Half the time, she cursed quietly to herself and wished futilely that she was invisible. The other half, she kept quiet so that she could concentrate. Her legs were beginning to burn a little, as they were not used to this kind of movement. She was more naturally a runner, not a climber.

When (and if) she reached the halfway point, a brewing thought stopped her. She didn't like being the loser, and this was most certainly a retreat. She perched precariously, and shouted, "Hey, okomo!" There was a bit of a taunt in her voice. "What does it matter, anyway, what I'm doing? You're just an animal. I'm mostly a good citizen, I've done nothing to offend Zintila, or the petching Shinya, so why are you bothering me, hey? I look out for my friends, and myself, and do my best to stay out of the way, but ohh noo, here you are, skulking around, biting and being a nuisance. I have never, and I mean never, seen an okomo acting like you, so what. Is. Your. Problem?"

She was shouting now, with a force she didn't realise she had within her. Now, thoughts of impending madness had been well and truly blasted away. All she cared about now were answers, and her own self-righteousness. "I've been having a hard enough time recently as it is, what with the baby coming from nowhere, and Itzi's creep of a boyfriend, and now this nonsense?! If you're anything to do with that Madeira, then please kindly petch off." She said 'that' with a drip of contempt, her dislike of the woman suddenly showing as clear as day, despite her previous cautiousness. "If you're some kind of messenger from Zintila, then all I can say is I'm sorry for any perceived misdemeanour on my part, but I can't bloody well do anything about it if you're just going to bleat at me, can I?"

With that, she didn't wait for a response. She continued her journey down, petched-off and fuming slightly, more annoyed than she had been for a while... and all over an okomo, of all things!
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Image
User avatar
Ennisa
Miss Chievious
 
Posts: 258
Words: 262014
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on March 18th, 2020, 12:07 am

Moritz simply stared at the woman as she reacted to his nip. It had not been that hard, more intended to get attention than to hurt, and yet she seemed to be reacting as if he had chomped off a finger or such.

Soon after that the woman let out a stream of words in a huff, and then began to descend the climb she had just gone up. Her words though seemed odd, saying she was not going to say anything... Which was the opposite of what she was doing.

Seeing she was going back down Moritz began to descend as well, heading down parralel to her, a few paces off to the side and one or two back higher. Enough to clearly separate them but to keep him on higher ground than the woman.

One foot, then another, then those two, then one and one and another and another, sometimes moving them in unison or disparately depending on the ground he found himself on. Each one hooked and grabbed and clutched at the rock, finding small holds of flat spots or crevices.

This went on for a bit, only for the woman to turn about while roughly halfway down the incline. Then the yelling started, mostly incoherent and confusing. Asking questions or stating things without an apparent attempt to give him time to answer or even expecting him to try. More like she was talking to a wall, rather than a person.

Once the woman was done yelling Moritz let out a low sound, seeing the woman was once more charging off towards the ground in her uncouth way. With no grace or speed, as she clearly knew not of what she was doing. No she seemed once more after her tirade to be ignoring him, and heading towards the flat ground at the bottom of the slope.

Considering for a moment Moritz appraised his surroundings, the objects as his disposal, and came to a conclusion as to his next actions. She wanted him to speak, and so he would speak. But not then, for he was in no position to do such a thing.

Moving at speed Moritz headed down the slope, quickly surpassing the woman and continuing onward. His legs seemed to just move on instinct, moving about and gripping in turn as he headed down the slope as easily as water rolling down a wall. Well before the woman reached the bottom Moritz was there, and heading for the cloak the woman had left there.

Ignoring any yells or shouts up to then at the woman seeing him heading towards her cloak, Moritz tucked his head under the clothing and hefted his head up to dangle it above him. And then he shifted. In a burst of light and color he was at once himself and not himself, and then he was in his human form.

A moment later the cloak crumpled downward, no longer supported by the mass of his Okomo body, tenting instead over his head. He turned and pulled the cloak about him as a odd wrap, and faced the woman who was likely still heading down the slope after him.

Sticking out one hand and pointing a single finger at her, Moritz growled in a human voice but using a sound more reminiscent of an Okomo. "Aaaaaaaah!" In this form he appeared more akin to a human child, perhaps five or so years old, though perhaps on the taller end for his apparent age. But no less stubborn or serious than in his Okomo form.

"You'se rude lady! Not nice speak! Is not nice words! If want speak, I speak. I speak you rude!"

"Is matter you look rude lady, cus you look mine house! Is live in house, rude lady! Not call nanmal! I Okomo! I Moritz! Okomo not nanmal rude lady! I sittening more you! Sittening, and Okomo, both!"

"I bite liar, cus rude lady lie! Lie rude! Lie bad! Is bite rude lies! Lie probable-uhm!"

Finishing with a gusto, Moritz met the womans gaze as best he could using his square Okomo eyes which appeared more or less the same in his human form, and continued his yelling back at the woman.

"So why you look mine house rude lady! No lies, lies bad!"
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests