Meaning Of Life [Brian Gregoric]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Karl William on March 3rd, 2011, 11:06 am

Karl felt bad for asking the question, noting the moodchange and position he had put Brian in. Staring and thinking what to say, he decided he'd just be honest.

" I'm not going to say you shouldn't have a goal in life. Because I believe you should. Having goals, is important for any person. But living life not knowing what to do next or where to go next is brave aswell. It makes you strong in a way, adapting to everything unknown that comes your way. "

Karl smiled at Brian before taking a gulp from his drink. Hoping it had comforted him somewhat or gave him something positive to think about. The water moistened his throat but he was eager for a stronger drink, but feeling he was still quite drunk he stuck to his water.

" Now that you're down, you need to pick yourself up. " Karl said with a stoic face.

" There are 2 types of people, the first pick themselves up by looking at someone else and thinking that he at least has it better than that person. And the other type looks at a challenge and rises to defeat that challenge. "

" I believe you to be of the 2nd type, you will rise again my friend. " He said, staring forward to the many bottles placed on the wall behind the counter.
Karl William
Player

Words: 15420
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 1:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 5th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Brian saw the regret on Karl's face. An honest regret. At that moment he knew Karl was a good, good man. And a true friend, no matter if it was merely a one night friendship.
Karl told him about his views of future. And the longer he listened to him, the felt better and better, starting to see the point his mate was trying to make.

"The funny thing is, I have never been down. I've never given it a single thought. But, I must thank you, my good fellow, for pointing out the thing I should have long time ago."
He tapped Karl on the back, holding the mug in his other hand, grinning.

"You know, Karl, I don't think much of life, but I do think much of death. To be honest, it's one hell of a scary thing for me. Just imagining that moment of exodus... Sends shivers through my spine, mate. Ever thought about that?"

He made a sort of a worried face, glaring at Karl with obvious interest, waiting to find out whether he was the only one anxious about the subject.
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous