Closed A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Mortiz and Octarus meet under unusual circumstances...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Moderator: Luminescence

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Moritz Craven on June 29th, 2020, 2:26 am

Night-35 Summer 520


Resting in bed, Moritz closed his eyes. What seemed liked bells but was actually chimes passed before finally the youth fell asleep. Growing larger by the season, Moritz looked like he was eight and a half or nine years old. Being tall for his age he tended towards the latter.

In his Okomo form he was nearly full grown in height, but still thickening out in terms of weight and length of horn which made him distinct from fully adult Okomo.

As usual the youth slept in the nude, not wanting to wear clothes any more than he had too and certainly not while sleeping. Slowly he slipped into a deep slumber, only to fall into a dream.

He was running. Climbing down. Down. Cool metal on his feet. He was out the door. Then he shifted, in a blink he was Moritz, and yet also Moritz. He continued to walk, but as he did he found there was two of him walking side by side. His one eye was his human body, his other his Okomo, for each form the shared eyes were reversed. His Okomo was left Okomo, right human, his human body was left human and right Okomo. His Okomo body turned and began to speak to his human body. How is this happening?

Outside now, Moritz was walking about the grounds in his Okomo form. As he spoke in his dream he let out a loud "Aaaaah!" which startled a small land animal and left them rushing off. He began to walk again, asleep and yet moving still.

"His human body pondered for a moment, before responding. I do not know. I think... Were we sleeping... Did something happen while we were sleeping? Do you... Do I... Do we? Remember anything? No, I do not either. We were asleep, and then we were we. Are we still asleep? Maybe, I cannot tell. Maybe a walk will help. Would you like to ride?"

Moritz bent down in his Okomo form, as if to let someone small mount him. Once the person who did not seem to exist was upon him, Moritz pushed off with a leap and began moving forward. Then he was bounding, leaping, moving, covering the distance that in his human form would take much longer.

"It is a wonder, to ride! It is a wonder to be an Okomo, but yes also to ride. Perhaps this is how sister felt, when she rode... Well on that day. No, this is consensual, agreed, safe. That was not any of those things. We are one, even as we are we. Yes, but are we one, or could we disagree? I do not know... But I think we are one and we. Yes, I concur."

More out of habit than anything, Moritz quickly made the trek across Lhavit he had made many times before. Perhaps in his subconscious mind his body moved, taking him along a route he knew from many trips. His gaze was distant, clearly not fully aware, and yet he moved. Following along the ground and mountain to his teachers residence in the Okomo Estates.

"Yes, but what if we fought? Who would win, is that what you mean? Yes, if we are one and we who would win? Well if we are we, then whichever of us won both would win. Ah yes, that makes sense."

As he slept Moritz moved, leaping and jumping. In one bound he was over a fence, and into someones yard, having made it in among the cottages and houses of the Estates. The youth stood still for a moment, peering off into nowhere, before leaping again and landing in another hard.

WC: 614
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Octarus on June 29th, 2020, 5:53 am

His night was as he had spent many coming to Lhavit. Reclining against the wall of his garden, staring up at the sky. Overhead the stars gleamed, and Leth's light broke free of the cloudy sky. Breathing in deeply through his nose, Octarus took in earthly scent of his barren garden. He had never tried his hand at growing from it. Then came night, and he regretted not doing anything with it. He brushed a lanky strand of black hair from his eyes.

For sitting in the dirt, he was dressed simply. He wore a shirt and pants that were a faded dark green now after a few seasons under the sun. His boots had also seen better days as they had more than a few scuffs around the edges. In a way, there was a perverse sort of symetry to his summer form with this look. Though you couldn't really compare the green of his shirt to the emerald of his horns, the boots were close enough to the shade of his hair. Examining his clothing, he found that the shoulder of his shirt even had some loose thread around the hem that he would need to get seen to eventually. Like his garden he supposed.

The weed choked soil mocked him now. It seemed a representation of what he had let himself become. How far he had fallen from the man he had been in Alvadas. His flesh was unmarred from the tattoos in this form, and their bite was lessened in this from that could remember so much. Still, that didn't change the state of decay around his estate. A physical manifestation of his spiritual turmoil across the last few seasons. Ripe time for a change he speculated, but did nothing. Just relaxed against the wall, staring up at the stars.

Something hopped over. Not something, an Okomo. Really? Octarus stared dumbfounded at the creature for a tick before he stood up and held out his hands towards what he suspected was a confused creature. "Whoa there, its alright. Its okay. Are you lost?" He cooed in a calm tone that he hoped was soothing. Slowly he would approach with his arms extended out to his sides. He didn't know what that was supposed to do, though he hoped the creature would take it as an incentive not to hop away. If the Okomo let him get in close he would slowly extend a hand out to give it a scratch along the top of its head. Kind of wish head had his grooming supplies back at the Villa just so the animal had something familiar to latch on to. Given its abrupt arrival there was a very real chance of it leaving the same way. Octarus certainly wasn't relishing a chase at this moment.

"Just stay there, and I'll get you back to where you need to go."
User avatar
Octarus
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 47363
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Moritz Craven on June 30th, 2020, 1:26 am

As he bounded into the yard, Mortiz continued to stare off into the distance. He did not notice or respond to the man who had been in the yard, instead focusing on some far off point on the horizon.

"As Moritz came to rest again, both of their eyes turned their focus to scan the ground. To see where to jump. Off in the distance. As they did, light billowed upward, an explosion of color from the ground. The grass alive with hues and light. Large glowing insects buzzed upward, shifting colors every few moments such that no two were the same color at the same time. They flew separate but jointly, like a group of fish, mixing about in the air as they moved. Moritz scanned his eyes to see the colorful things, unsure what they were. He could hear a buzz, but it seemed that was just the bugs flying about."

Where a moment ago he had been just standing quietly, staring off into the distance and at nothing, now Moritz began to look about as if something was swarming and moving nearby in the air. Up from the ground, and then up and over the line of the horizon that was above both his and the humans head.

"What was that? Did you see? Yes, I saw, and oh the colors? Is it alive? I do not know, I am not sure what they are. Should we follow them? Yes, I think so. Maybe they will help us find answers?"

Staring off into empty air, Moritz let out a loud "Aaaaah!" before leaping again. This one was more of a short hop, such that he was still in the mans yard but on the other end now. Short enough of a distance that he could easily follow without too much trouble. But the more he stared, perhaps the more clear it would become that the Okomo was staring off into the distance at something that did not seem to be there. If he got close enough he would see the Okomo had a glassy eyed stare, or at least as much as an Okomo with their square eyes could. His gaze was unfocused and unseeing, off in the distance rather than on the man or anything nearby.

"More buzzing. Some of the flying colored light bugs came back around, breaking into two groups. One buzzed downward at him, and Moritz lowered their heads, jerking to avoid running into them. But in his startled reaction the Moritz that was on his back in his human form began to slip, forcing Moritz in his Okomo form to make odd motions to try and level off and keep his other self from slipping off."

What followed was quite possibly the oddest thing yet, as the Okomo began to stumble about as if avoiding something flying in the air, ducking and moving to avoid a bird or something that did not exist that was flying close overhead. And then suddenly the Okomo made an odd series of motions, as if trying to balance something on his back, odd since clearly no one was riding him.

"Do not drop me! I will not, I have you! I am slipping! I have you!"

"Aaaaah!" the Okomo bleated once more, an almost human tone that seemed filled with emotion of the negative sort. Not anger, but other more sinister things. Fear, sadness, regret, pain. Confusion.

WC: 571
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Octarus on June 30th, 2020, 2:17 pm

The Okomo was still for a moment, then he was not. Now he was casting about. Octarus froze. He read it as the animal reacting to his approach, but then it looked up into the air. The ethaefal turned his head to look. To his confusion there was nothing there. There was a sudden noise from the animal that shocked him, and he turned back to see the Okomo leaping through the air. It landed on the other side of the yard. Octarus was immediately relieved though he didn’t approach this time. He was worried now that the creature might be sick. Maybe that was responsible for its confusing arrival.

Eerily the Okomo just stood there. It didn’t seem to be staring at him as it didn’t shift its head when Octarus moved slowly to be head on with the creature. Then suddenly it started moving erratically then. He stopped moving. It left him at a bit of a loss for what to do. While he didn’t want to disturb the animal any further, he was also keen on getting it safely back to the slopes. In its confused state it might hurt itself among the gardens. It called out again, and Octarus made a decision.

Holding out his hands in front of him, he slowly approached again. “Everything is alright. I work at the Villa. How about you come with me and I will get you a sprig or two of alfalfa. Would you like that? Come on, lets just take this nice and easy okay. If you’re good, you’ll get a good grooming and something tasty to munch on. Does that sound nice?” While he talked calmly towards the creature he approached slowly with his hands held out. “There there, everything is okay.” He wondered if the Okomo was just young, and not sick. It was about the size of some of the young Okomo he had seen around the villa and generally they could be unpredictable to work with at times. They hadn’t necessarily built a repretoir with the groomers yet so they took a little extra encouragement.

Now come on, you’ll like it when you see it. A good bit of grooming and some food will get you settled, don’t worry. Calm. Calm. Everything is alright.” He reached out towards the animal. “Just walk over and I’ll take you there. We’ll get you good and groomed in no time. Nice and easy okay. Just keep calm. There is nothing to worry about here.” Octarus was uneasy. He wished he had one of the more experienced Okomo handlers with him now. During his stay so far they had gone over common illnesses as well as dealing with the odd pregnancy. None of which encompassed the odd behavior this Okomo was exhibiting. It kind of looked like it had a Shinya upon it though its back was plainly bare. There was something about the way its eyes stared earlier that seemed rather strange.

While he had learned a great deal from the Villa already, he hadn’t been told anything that would prepare him to interpret these signs, if they were signs of a potential illness. All he knew that this Okomo appeared to be in distress, and he wanted to help. He just hoped that his words would get through to it.
User avatar
Octarus
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 47363
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Moritz Craven on July 1st, 2020, 1:34 am

"Moritz stood. Moritz clung. Holding onto his back, clinging on his back to himself. Trying to not let himself fall. He heard more buzzing, this time the buzzing turning into words. His mind though did not understand, beyond that they were words. They did not sink within his brain, instead pinging off like pebbles hitting a boulder."

More asleep than awake, the sleep walking Okomo stumbled about somewhat. The human neared, reaching out a hand. Reaching. Reaching. Just before he touched, the Okomo suddenly teetered, and began to tip away from the reaching hand.

"Moritz stood. Trying to hold on, he gripped. Then the ground shifted, and he began to fall. Okomo bent their knees, laid down low if needed, but they did not lean over. Did not lay. But as the ground shifted, skirted away from the buzzing bugs, he shifted opposite and began to fall. To tilt. As he did, the Moritz on Moritz back fell head first. Just as the human shaped Moritz struck the ground, the Okomo shaped Moritz began to tilt at an alarming degree making it clear he was going to fall over on his side. All at once the two cried out, reaching for each other, and then willed themselves to switch places. And then, their will was made true upon reality."

Teeter. Teetering. Teetered. The Okomo began to fall, leaning over and then tilting, and then falling. As he began to fall, Moritz let out a cry, another long "Aaaa-!" which seemed almost human. And then, before the Okomo could finish falling on its side or uttering its cry, their was a flash of light for an instant. A moment later the Okomo was gone, replaced by a naked child who finished the sound. "-aah!"

Confused, Moritz opened his eyes and looked about. He was in a field, a field covered in grass. He was not home, asleep in bed as he last remembered. He was still naked, but now in some open spot. Confused, and more fully awake, Moritz cast about with his eyes, the same square eyes as in his Okomo form, running one hand through his colorful streaked hair so similar to his Okomo fur.

"What... Where... Where am I? I was... Was in bed... Asleep... How... Where am I?"

Confused, the young Okomo boy stared up at the nearby man, before cocking his head in an odd gesture as he suddenly noticed the man had horns. Not quite so fine as an Okomo's, but horns all the same. Just as soon as he had woken and been confused, Moritz switched from confusion into his most common state of existence. Questioning. Unflappable, unperturbed, and questioning, ever questioning.

"Didn't know humans could have horns too... How did you get those? Or did you always have them?"

WC: 466
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Octarus on July 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm

There was definitely something off about this Okomo. Aside from the fact he’d never had one hop over his garden wall, the lack of response was troubling. He’d expected it to hop off. Not this. Its confusing reaction puzzled him. His lack of experience in treating the beasts showing through as he approached.

Octarus did get a good look at the muzzle but didn’t notice anything odd there. Maybe the creature had eaten something strange. That was all he could think of as he drew close. A hairs breath away, the Okomo pulled away from his hand. He froze as the animal looked suddenly unsteady on its feet. His heart beating faster as he backed away slowly. Suddenly it was falling. There was a light. Octarus fell backwards and looked to see that in the creatures place was a boy.

Picking himself up off the ground, he squinted in the darkness at the unexpected guest before looking around for where that Okomo had gone. “Sleep?” Octarus asked offhandedly as he walked over to a wall, and pulled himself up to look over it. Not seeing the creature, he focused on the boy once more. “Human?” His hand tapped on the side of his horn. “Ah, no always had them.” This was beyond strange. What was a boy doing wandering this far out into the middle of the Estates. Did he live nearby? Octarus didn’t reckon so as he hadn’t seen him playing with any of the other children that liked to hang out in the area. An where had that Okomo gone?

He did a spin, making sure that there was no corner of the yard that held the beast. “How did you? Did you see an Okomo around here?” Shaking his head, he checked it for bumps while he studied the child with the curious eyes. “Why are you naked?” There were too many questions running through his head right now to process the order when finally his mind seized on something the boy had asked. “You’re in the Okomo Estates. Do you not know how you got here?” He asked. Even with Lhavit’s peculiar cycle, it was hard to explain what the boy was doing out here at this hour. Without a scrap on no less. Part of him even thought he might be dreaming. Asleep against the wall and on some wild tangent. That would at least make more sense that had happened so far. Looking up at the sky he wondered who was playing games.

His head was suddenly spinning, and Octarus took a seat against the wall. “I thought I was calming an Okomo.” He said quietly, as he pulled up a shoot of grass, and pulled it through his fingers. “Suppose you’ll need someone to be taking you back. Not like I was doing much this night anyways” He’d say after a while with a deep sigh. Less frustrated with the actual moment than he was with his life in general. “I’m an Ethaefal by the way, hence the horns. Though they’re more for decoration really.” He said, scratching away at the base of one. “This is my home
User avatar
Octarus
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 47363
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Moritz Craven on July 2nd, 2020, 12:03 am

Moritz puzzled for a moment with his head still cocked, considering the man. Human... But with horns. Always having horns, not getting them, according to the man. Like Moritz, always being as he was and not becoming as such.

Glancing about Moritz continued to scan the area, having to turn his head much more than in his Okomo form. He still had the same square eyes, but not quite positioned the same way them being in a human skull, and so could not see on the horizontal as well. Which meant he did have to turn his head about to a greater degree to look around than in his Okomo form. All he could see was the empty spot of land, and the man who seemed to be searching for something.

In the same offhand and flat tone as before Moritz considered his question, looking about once more before answering.

"Only Okomo around here I see is me, don't see any others nearby. Their probably off sleeping sensibly, like I was... Least last I checked I was sleeping. In bed too. But then I woke up here with you standing there. You didn't steal me in my sleep did you? I don't think my mother would be to happy about that."

After casually accusing the man of kidnapping in his flat and calm voice Mortiz finally stood. He stood with an air of calm, holding himself casually in a con-confrontational manner. Confused, unclear, questioning, but still calm. Arguably more calm than the adult who was looking for an Okomo.

"How do you lose an Okomo? We aren't that small, even the young ones. Not like its hiding behind a clump of thick grass or something. I mean maybe in one of the houses, but I doubt any of them have a push door for Okomo to use do they? Can't exactly use hooves to turn a latch or knob, and teeth aren't much better. Maybe if it was flat, or square, and not round..."

Losing his train of thought in his pondering on square doorknobs made for gripping in Okomo teeth, Moritz suddenly noticed something else. A pit in his stomach, nagging at him.

At his question on his nakedness Moritz pondered the man, curious at the question.

"I told you, I was asleep. I always sleep naked. Wait, you wear clothes when your sleeping? Isn't that... You know, uncomfortable?"

For a moment Moritz pondered the mans answer, before recalling where he knew the Okomo Estates from.

"The Okomo Estates? Hmmm... What am I doing over here? I don't take lessons at this time of the night. My teachers probably asleep, like I was. Wait, so if I'm... And here is... Over..."

Pausing Moritz looked around, focusing on the buildings and things till he got enough recognizable landmarks to get his bearings. He had not come over in this direction, and so he had not recognized his position at first. But now that he knew where he was, he could notice enough other features to work out vaguely where he was.

"So then if I'm here, her house is over that way... Oh, that's where I am. I usually go that way to get to her hours, not this way, no wonder I didn't recognize where we are."

"Uh... No, no clue how I got here. Last I remember I was asleep in bed. Or wait... I was having a dream... I was running, and riding on my own back. And then... Something. Its fuzzy. It was a weird dream."

At the word Moritz vaguely had heard before, Moritz frowned in puzzlement, pausing in his response as he worked through the word before saying it. Ess... Eth... Eth-hae... Ethaefal.

"An Ethaefal. I think I've heard of those before. Your one? Didn't know they had horns. Or maybe I just forgot they did... Haven't met one before. Why would you have horns if they don't do anything? Mine are at least good for something. Well, when they finish growing in..."

Pausing again, Moritz changed tack and continued with a new line of questions.

"Wait, you live here? In this field? Don't you have like, a house or something? Mine is nice, she opens the door for me when I don't have hands. Though she can be a bit moody at times. I think she only really likes mother. But still, she's nice."

Then another hollow feeling, and a bit of pain in his gut from the hollowness. He had forgotten about it, with all his questions.

"Hey, I'm hungry, you got anything to eat? Like plants? I don't eat from animals. Do you eat meat?"

This last question was asked in another tone from all the other questions, a bit sharper than before. Perhaps a bit odd since one of the earlier questions had been if the man had kidnapped him. But no, the sharpness came from the query on whether or not the man ate meat, judgement a strong tone in the question.

WC: 833
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Octarus on July 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am

Octarus cocked his head confused. Did that boy just say he was an Okomo? This was getting weirder by the tick. Watching the boy look around with those strange eyes of his. It was all too unsettling. All that paled when the suggestion of a kidnapper was made. Hastily, he raised his hands.

Whoa there, I didn’t do any kidnapping. Your the one who showed up in my yard in a flash of light. You some kind of mage or something? And what do you mean you were asleep?” Then shook his head at the silliness of the suggestion. Despite him having sparingly few experiences with mages, he certainly didn’t think one could be so young. Unless this was a ruse? He watched the boy and decided against it. However his story seemed a shade unlikely. How does a sleeping boy wind up in the middle of his yard anyways?

I had him until there was that flash of light. I think he must have hopped over one of these fences like how he came into my yard in the first place.” He said, some frustration coming through his voice. Of course this wasn’t a waking dream. He just hoped it wouldn’t be as crazy as that time in the park. Though he was starting to have his doubts on that account. The boy did just accuse him of kidnapping rather blithely. Octarus gritted his teeth, and forced himself to calm down.

He was caught off guard by the boy’s next response. “Of course I wear clothes, maybe not much, but something. What if I hear something in the yard like now?” Octarus said, giving him an incredulous expression. “Speaking of clothes.. Where are yours? Oh wait, don’t tell me. I presume they are where you were sleeping?

Octarus went quiet after that. He was getting worked up and it was coming through with the sarcasm of his tone. The boy was obviously just as confused as he was so his getting animated wasn’t going to solve anything. He breathed out slowly through his nose before breathing in again. What the kid had next to say was just as strange, though it might explain what he was doing over here. He seized on that sliver of sanity. “So you know someone here? Maybe I could take you to her house, and she could sort this out?” Octarus asked, perhaps a little to hopefully. Naturally he wanted an easy fix, but from the way this night was going, he didn’t expect it.

He sniffed loudly at the comment about his horns, then shrugged. What did it matter to him really? He’d been born full grown, hadn’t even chosen the petching things. They did look nice though.. Octarus shook his head. Focus. “I don’t live in this field, I have a house behind me. Just nights I’m up anyways so I like to roam. You just happened to catch me in between.” He said quickly before looking at the boy mentioning a bite to eat.

His cupboards were quite spare at the present so he had a moment to look abashed at the question before he got the chance to think of something. “Really? No meat, huh? That a religion thing, or..?” Octarus said as he walked towards his door and leaned on it for a moment. “I think I’ve got something in here you can eat, so long as you don’t scream about kidnapping or anything.” He said with a sigh before pushing inside.

For some reason, the way he asked that last bit unsettled him, and he didn’t quite feel comfortable answering that question. Instead, he decided to brush it aside, hoping that would do for the boy. Once inside his little house, he went over to his pack and dug through it. Some alfalfa fell out of the pack as he grabbed a couple of Yatani and brought them over to the boy. “Will this do?
User avatar
Octarus
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 47363
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Moritz Craven on July 3rd, 2020, 5:07 pm

The man was, according to him, not a kidnapper. According to his story Mortitz had arrived in... A flash of light. Which would be, as he had already told the man, his shifting from his Okomo form. He had told him he was an Okomo. Or was the man not listening to what he said?

"You don't listen too good. You know that? Stop trying to hear what you think I said, I said what I said and that's the truth. I bet you wouldn't be so confused if you actually listened instead of assuming. "

Shrugging Moritz met the mans eyes, cocking his head the other way.

"You know what they say, when you assume, your usually wrong. Or at least that's what I say."

Continuing in the same casual manner Moritz began to walk, spacing out the opening of land and checking his surroundings. He liked to move, and didn't see any reason to continue staring at the man. His words carried meaning, not some weird facial expression or such.

"Whats a Mageorsomething? That some kind of insult? Just because I don't know a word, doesn't mean you get to name call. That's rude."

The more the man spoke, the more Moritz began to think he had a hearing problem. Or maybe he was just dumb.

"And I already told you, I'm the only Okomo around here. If you saw a flash of light, and then the Okomo was gone and I was there, that was me. You get hit in the head or something, or your ears not work?"

Continuing without waiting for the man to respond, Moritz swept on with his reasoning.

"I must have shifted in my sleep... Mmm.... Wait, do people... Like move around while sleeping? Like more than just rolling about, proper moving. I don't remember coming here, but if people do that, then maybe I did... You ever heard of people doing that? Moving about in their sleep?"

Moritz disregarded the mans word on clothes, more of the same he heard from the other prudish humans. He might profess to not be human, but he certainly seemed to have their sensibilities regarding clothing.

"Well if that happened to me, I'd just give them a good head but. That's what horns are for. Or maybe sit on them. Not to hard, wouldn't want to squish them. You people are so fragile, gotta be careful. Or no, you said your horns don't work like that. So maybe you'd need clothes. Weird, having horns but not being able to use them for anything."

If the man was using sarcasm he would soon realize, if he was paying attention, that such was lost utterly on Moritz. The boy spoke in a casual and flat tone most of the time, and seemed to hear everything similarly, besides noticing occasional increases in volume.

At the mans mention of his instructor, and going to her, Moritz let out a chuckle and shook his head.

"I'm not waking her up. You feel free, she can tear your head off and stuff it down your neck hole. She's tough enough during the day when she's awake and in a good mood. You go banging on her door, she's liable to remove the offending limb. You don't live long enough to retire from the Shinya without being jumpy and tough. Least that's what I heard someone say at my house once. Not the neck stuffing bit, the other bit."

"And if you don't live here, but live in a house nearby, why did you say you live here? You really gotta work on being more clear. And listening. But also being clear."

Moritz followed the man to his house, watching as he poked about for some food. Finally he found something edible, and offered it to him. Moritz took a handful, looking it over and sniffing it. Then he tasted it quickly, dabbing it with his tongue. It seemed safe enough, so Moritz crammed the piece into his mouth, chewing messily.

"Don't think anyone has tried to feed me grass when I wasn't in my Okomo form. You usually eat grass? And you didn't answer my question. You eat meat? And whats a religionthing?"

WC: 701
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 98
Words: 94518
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

A Dream of a Walk[Octarus]

Postby Octarus on July 4th, 2020, 12:51 am

The strange boy continued to be confusing. Or maybe it was just obstinate. Did all boys act this way, and what did he mean by the only Okomo here was him? It was more than he could take as he watched the boy, trying to put this nonsense out of his mind. “I am listening. None of this makes sense is all.” Octarus said scratching his head as he noticed just how like his eyes were to the Okomo’s that had stood there before. Could the boy actually be the Okomo? Was that even possible? It was hardly stranger than him waking up off the coast of Alvadas he supposed, looking at him with fresh eyes.

Not an insult, just referring to that thing you did, with the light. You know magic right?” He said, picking up steam with this new idea. Octarus had only seen Madeira do strange unexplainable things, and it was nothing like this. What did he know about magic though, really? This seemed as good a label for it as anything.

Or this boy could be crazy. That was his thought as he continued on about being an Okomo. Alright so maybe he had the eyes, and other similar characteristics though that didn’t stop him from being a boy first. Maybe his magic went wrong so he wound up here. Octarus decided to play along, since it was better than arguing with him.

So are you an Okomo all the time or just some of the time? What’s your name by the way, so I know what to call you when the Shinya come knocking on my door.” Surely the boy’s parents would come looking for him, though perhaps not right away if they were asleep right now. Sleep cycle had to end sometime though, and didn’t parents check on their young? All these questions filling his head just reinforced the fact that he was entirely out of his depth here. Still, looked like this was his problem now so he wasn’t going to gripe about it. Not yet anyways.

Have you walked in your sleep before? I’ve tossed and turned but nothing quite like this. Then again, I’m not an Okomo.” He said with a shrug. His point about just head butting an intruder was well taken though. At this point, nothing the boy said surprised him as this conversation had already gotten past his experience. The idea of the boy trying to beat his opponent by sitting on them did get him to crack a smile however.

Point taken, you had me at old Shinya.” Octarus said. Well, that was one option down unfortunately. Even he had enough sense not to disturb someone from that line of work. Especially given the boys description of her temperament which he didn’t see any reason for the boy to lie about.

He had to shake his head at the distinction between what was and wasn’t his house. Not wanting to debate semantics he pushed on with the conversation and into the house where he laid out something for the boy to eat. “Well, you can try the fruit too. I don’t eat grass, but fruit yes, bread too. Yatani isn’t half bad once you get a taste for it. Do Okomos eat fruit anyways? I was thinking it might be based on whatever you might followed, but if you are an Okomo I suppose it made more sense why you wouldn’t want to eat meat.” Not that he entirely understood how this Okomo boy even existed yet, but there he was sitting in his home. Taking a seat across from him, Octarus starting peeling apart one of the Yatani fruit. He popped a slice into his mouth before pushing over the rest towards the boy.
User avatar
Octarus
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 47363
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests