[Silver Lake]Fun in the Sun (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 9th, 2011, 1:09 am

Anshun nods happily, incredibly pleased his new friend can also see the amazing wonders of the lake. Swimming over to her, he starts to speak in Char, the musical language reverberating through the water.

"I have a new friend!" he proclaims in his native tongue, happily looping around Shri. "And, even better she can follow me in the sea!" he said still speaking in Char, clicks and hums bouncing off the lake bed.

Moving down to the lake bed and concentrating, Anshun slowly grew a series of small coral drums, some big, some small, but all hollow. Gently tapping one with a fingernail, he produced a soft 'bong'. Manipulating a second piece of coral, he produced a 'D' shape, with small hooks on the inside.

Grabbing several pieces of kelp, he strung the underwater harp and motions for Shri to play it. Moving over to the coral drums, he starts to tap the coral drums, singing to the beat in Char. "I have a friend. Under the water!"
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Words: 8503
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Shri on March 9th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Shri watches as Anshun swiftly swims away from her. She heres words coming out of his mouth, but she doesn't understand them. What was he saying? Probably something about Anshun and her. When Anshun stops swimming, Shri quickly swims toward him. She wonders what he is doing.

Shri watches as he creates a harp using the coral. As he motions for her to use it, she swims up and starts playing it to the beat of Anshuns song in his native language. She smiles as she plays the song.

(Your new avi is creaping me out :P )
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Words: 14432
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 9:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 10th, 2011, 12:05 am

((XD Got a new one! :D Less creepy? Also, the amount of bbcCode in this is ridiculous :D))
For a few minutes Anshun tapped at the drums and smiled at Shri, their two underwater instruments harmonizing well. After a while though, Anshun stopped, and addressed the konti.

"You have talent for song" says Anshun, switching to Kontinese "Why is there so little song on land?" he asked her "At Charbosi there is music everywhere! You can hear it for many distances!" Even through his imperfect language, you could hear the longing evident in his voice.

"I came for a reason" he told her "I want to meet Laviku, the god of the ocean. I want serving and assisting him, and I was being told I would probably see him on Mura, and come here I did."
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Character sheet

Postby Shri on March 10th, 2011, 12:58 am

Shri continues playing the harp, she doesn't know what she is doing and she is just strumming random strings. It sounds Ok, not the best. The music coming from the harp only sounds good because it is under water. Shri pictures the music coming from it if she was on land. Her ears shiver.

When Anshun stops playing the coral drums, Shri turns and looks at him. She thanks him for the compliment.

"It's not the best, it only sounds good because we're under water" She swims away from the harp, and flips under the water.

"There is music," She says "But Mura is a quiet city, so you don't hear it often."

Shri listens to Anshun as he explains why he came here. The theory is interesting to her. She breaths in the smell of sea salt.
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 10th, 2011, 1:20 am

After explaining why he came to her, Anshun thinks of what she said.

"Maybe that is why we music so much" said Anshun, wondering out loud "Under the water, it all is beautiful, not just sound..." But then he shook his head.

"I hear that gods mark their friends with tattoos of power, and give them powers to do those things in the gods power" Anshun said this hesitantly "I am sure this is truth, though I have not seen it before, or if I have, I have not known it"
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Character sheet

Postby Shri on March 10th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Shri listens as Anshun speaks. She nods her head, so he knows that she understands. She swims toward the surface, trying to see what time it is. She twirls as she swimming, and quietly humming a lullaby that she learned over the years.

When Shri reaches the surface of the lake, she can tell that it is around noon. Shri moves her hand, telling Anshun to come up from the water.
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 10th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Anshun breathes through the slits most Charoda call nostrils, the myriad scents of the lake flowing into him, and out again. As he speaks to Shri, he hears dozens of fish and other animals swimming around deeper in the lake. When he is finished, he is glad to see her nod, happy that his imperfect grasp of Kontinese hasn't stopped her from understanding him.

When she kicks off, spiraling up towards the surface, Anshun follows, and hears a few bars of what seems to be a lullaby. Unable to catch more than a note here or there, Anshun wonders what it is about. When her head breaches the surface, Anshun looks at the rest of her body and notices two things. The first thing was that Shri appeared to have scales on the back of her neck and hands. The second was that she was quite beautiful. Taken aback, he hesitates a moment before surfacing, and finally breaches the water gently.

"What is it that you want?" the Charoda asked, struggling to keep any bashful note out of his voice "Are you tiredness?"
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Character sheet

Postby Shri on March 25th, 2011, 4:57 pm

"No," Shri replys, "I just wanted to see what time it is." She pulls herself up onto the silky grass. She sits there with her hands back, and her knees in the water. Water drips off of her pale blonde hair, she reaches for the longest piece of grass she can see. She gently ties her hair into a low bun. She smiles as she sits there, the beauty of Mura always makes her think about her history.

Shri didn't always live in Mura, she lived in Riverfall with her family a few years back. She loved swimming in the Suvan Sea with her sisters and mother, from the first sight of the sea she knew she was going to love it. After her first dive into the water, she loved the beauty of it. The plants that lived underwater were a magnificent thing to see. The little fish of the sea enjoyed her company. She was born in the water, Laviku took care of her. She never knew who her birth mother was.

Shri watches as the wind blows the grass. It tickles her legs, and she begins to giggle. A bird passes by, and she listens to the beautiful chirp coming from it. She waves goodbye to it, and looks at Anshun. "Are you hungry?"
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 26th, 2011, 2:49 am

When Shri answers his question, Anshun smiles and swims after her, pulling himself onto the grass as well. He sighs, knowing that Shri and the Konti truly have the best of both worlds, able to stay in water or on land as long as they wanted. If only I could somehow change so that I could stay on land as long as I wanted Anshun wished sleepily, the sun dulling his thoughts.

Twisting strands of grass in his slick fingers, Anshun felt his stomach gurgle. It made him remember a dish one of the Charoda in Charbosi had made. The dish had been a certain mixture of sea-weed and the seeds from a land plant, and the food gave him both a pang of homesickness and a burst of happiness that he could mix land and water and come out with something good.

When Shri asked him if he was hungry, Anshun started, wondering if she had somehow known the direction his mind had wandered. "A little hungry" He admitted "If you find a good place to eat, I will pay" he promised.
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Character sheet

Postby Shri on March 26th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Shris stomach grumbles slightly. "Theres a place, close by here called the Forest Meridian House. We could go there." She pulls herself up, and points in a direction. "It's just over there." She gently pushes some of her blonde hair behind her ear. "They have good food there." She puts her hand toward Anshun to help him up

Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet

PreviousNext