Solo A Vision of a Falling Star Part II

After his vision, Moritz works to learn more...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Vision of a Falling Star Part II

Postby Moritz Craven on January 10th, 2021, 8:16 pm

21 Winter 520 Continued

Filing into the class with the other students, Moritz was bit more smudged up than usual. He had after all came straight to the school from finding the star and then grabbing his things from home. He had hoped to have a chance to talk to someone before school began, but by the time he had gotten there it was too late and he had to wait.

His current classes instructor was miss Priya, the oddly scaled human looking woman who seemed... Different, in some way. Though Moritz was unsure how, besides the scales.

Many of the other students where shuffling about, making noise and things as they got into the classroom. Moritz quickly found his seat and stowed his bag before raising his hand to get his instructors attention.

With a smile the konti came by Moritz desk, talking in a firm but quiet voice. Mortiz was unsure how she did that, projecting across the room without raising her voice or yelling.

"Yes Moritz?"

Moritz paused, unsure of what to say, before finally deciding on the truth.

"Miss Priya. Do you know anything about... Dreams?"

Smiling still his instructor nodded, a knowing expression.

"Ah, you heard about my other class?"

Shaking his head Moritz frowned, wondering what she meant. He had simply thought she would be a good person to talk to about things, and she did seem to know about stories and writing and such. So perhaps would know about such things? And she was also his first teacher of the day...

"No, I was just wondering, what other class do you teach? Anyways, I was asking because last night I had... Well it was sort of a dream, but also not. But it was also something that had already happened. But... But I know it was true, that it did happen."

Taking on a serious and thoughtful expression the konti pondered his words, before responding again.

"Ah, I asked because one of my other classes is fortune telling. And I am marked by Avalis, which gives me the sight. Though I am limited to the past... But you aren't marked by her, I can tell, so that isn't it. A dream you say? Dreams can sometimes be used in fortune telling, though often things are symbolic."

Moritz shook his head, knowing he was not making himself clear.

"That isn't it. And I'm not marked at all. But... I know what I saw was real. I was having a dream, and then I wasn't, and then I saw... Well I saw, and it was truth. A... Vision I suppose. I wondered if you had heard of such things."

"Well there are those who can touch dreams, but not being one with that ability I don't know much about it... It isn't a prophecy though if its already happened, so certainly not that. So I am unsure. Perhaps you could tell me about the dream, and I could figure out what it means?"

Moritz nodded, though only halfheartedly.

"I can tell you, but I don't think the vision was one of metaphors. It seemed pretty literal to me."

WC: 522
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on January 10th, 2021, 10:50 pm

Letting out a sigh Moritz gathered his thoughts before speaking.

"Where should i start... Have you heard of Morwen before? "

Priya nodded, smiling at the young kelvic.

"Of course. She is the Goddess of Winter, though she has been missing for awhile. Her along with winter."

Moritz nodded, what he had assumed from the vision more or less being correct.

"Its never been winter since I was born, so I had never heard of her before today. But when I had the... Vision... It was about her. Or more to the point where she had gone missing to."

Cocking her head Priya examined Moritz, perhaps trying to consider how serious she should take Moritz words.

"Okay, so you had a dream about Morwen, or where she is. What did you learn?"

Pausing again Moritz thought through the story, what he had seen. What had happened. The feeling as he saw it. The sadness.

"Did you know Morwen had children? I didn't know that... I didn't really think about it, about the divine having kids... Anyways, in the... Vision... It was more like someone telling me a story, but one I could see... She was searching for her grandson. So I guess her kid had a kid, and then they went missing. Do you know who Morwen's kid is? Or their kids kid?"

Priya, taking on a more serious expression looked about to see much of the class had grown quite and many of the students were now listening to the exchange. Which made sense, seeing as class was supposed to have started. Growing quite knowing this they had decided to listen apparently to the tale Moritz and their teacher were discussing.

"Uhh.... No, I have not heard of Morwen's children, nor their child. So I did not know they were missing. Did you find out where he went? Or was that were in your... Vision... Went?"

Moritz shook his head, not sure of the truth of the statement.

"I just saw she was looking for him, I did not learn that she was looking in the correct place or that he was actually there. So while she was going where she did to search for him, it might not be the right place. It could be the totally wrong place."

Pausing once more as he thought through the story and considered the way it was going and where he should go next, Moritz continued with his tale.

"I did not see where exactly she went, but how she got there... She went to a jungle. Do you know about any jungles? Its a hot place, with trees, but not the same as here. She went somewhere in this jungle, and there was... Uh... How to call it... A magic gate type thing. She went through it, within the jungle, and ended up on another world. An even hotter world."

As the two spoke the rest of the class grew more quiet, listening to Moritz tale. Perhaps it was true, or perhaps not, but clearly the class found the tale interesting.

WC: 510
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 10th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Listening closely to the tale Priya considered Moritz words. She knew some about seeing the past, and of visions, but found it hard to believe one of her students had been given such a thing by chance. Of course he was her only kelvic child student who just so happened to be an Okomo... The odds of that, in Lhavit, seemed unlikely. But then unlikely did not mean it would not happen or could not.

If nothing else the tale was full of details, more than something she would expect. That along with who Moritz was made her more fully consider his words. He was not a child taken to fancies, or making things up. He seemed rather serious most of the time, did not often understand jokes, and tended to be quite literal. Not someone likely to just make something up...

"So... She went into a jungle, and went through their to a... Magic gateway? And that took her to another world?"

Moritz nodded, clearly in thought as he recalled the details of the vision. He was more focused on remembering than Priya or her face, and so did not consider her change in demeanor.

"Yes, a hot world. But once she was there, she was captured by... I could not see it well, but it was some monster or creature. It took her, and brought her to its home. A... Fortress. There was a thrown there, and she was chained to it. And then her powers of winter were pulled from her. She is winter so... I guess her having cold ability or power makes sense. It used her to cool his hot world by drawing out her power."

Taking a moment, a bit of sadness at the tale taking over his face, Moritz thought back to the story. A grandmother trying to find her lost grandson. Following after him, or a rumor of him, and that leading her to a place... A place where she was captured and used like a tool. It was a sad tale, one who had an unclear ending.

"It... Its killing her. Pulling out her power. Its draining her, and if no one does anything she will die. But I don't even know where a jungle is, nor where in it the gate is... And even if I did, I'd need to find her, and then free her from what took her. And then bring her back. I... I don't know what I can do. But I saw it, saw the vision, so I have to do something right?"

Though not crying clearly Moritz was upset, his face an odd shape compared to the normal calm demeanor of the boy. Perhaps by instinct or experience Priya reached out and hugged the child, taking him into her arms and embracing him. One hand rubbed and patted at his back, a placating gesture.

"Its alright Moritz, its alright. It was just a dream. Its alright."

Moritz shaking his head disagreed, his face in her shoulder.

"It wasn't a dream... I know dreams... It wasn't just a dream. It was real."

WC: 516
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on January 10th, 2021, 11:11 pm

Taking a moment to try to calm down Moritz Priya continued to hug and calm him, but knowing she needed to deal with the rest of the class. After a moment she stood up and got everyone's attention.

"Alright class, settle down. Moritz story is over now. Now I have an assignment for you all. I want you all to pick a dream you recall, and write it down. Write it down in detail."

Looking down at Moritz Priya put a hand on the child's shoulder, looking kindly at him.

"Its alright Moritz. It was just a dream. Now you as well. I want you to write down your story, in detail. From start to finish. Everything you remember. All right?"

Moritz nodded, taking a quill and ink and some paper and sorting out the details in his mind. Then he began to retell his story, his vision, from start to finish on the paper.

Morwen appearing in the jungle, going through a gateway. Searching for her grandson. Rumors. Tales. Sadness.

Through the gateway to an even hotter place, a world of heat and hotness.

Captured once she arrived, by a monster or creature. Strong enough to capture a divine being, admittedly one perhaps weakened by the heat of the world with her being a divine of cold and winter.

Used as a tool, drained of her power, bled dry and used to cool the world... And doom... If nothing was done death was assured. If nothing was done soon, death would happen. Then end of Morwen, and another to take her place within the pantheon of the divine beings.

Moritz took a few moments to read through what he had written, making sure he had not missed anything. Once he was done Moritz let his ink dry, and then waited to turn in his paper along with the other children.

WC: 311
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes