Fletch you later (Camriska)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Vala on March 13th, 2011, 3:25 am

4th day of Spring, 511 AV
15th Bell

With a pretty new bead braided into her hair, Vala was happier than she had been for days, or even near a whole season. Market day was far from over, though. Fiddling with her bead, she nimbly weaved though the crowds of people still shopping in the Courtyard of the Sky, finally stopping before a fletcher’s stall. She was honestly attracted more by the woman’s gold beaded byrda and Vinati than her actual wares. She looked at the well fletched arrows, peering over another customer’s shoulder, making sure not to touch him.

“Excuse me ma’am.” Vala spoke up, with a sickly sweet voice, when the other customer left. “Would you happen to have any quivers for sale? I can’t afford anything more than 10 pinions unfortunately... but I can help you with any thing you might need. I actually just helped another Avora, a glass blower, put away her wares for the day. Might you need anything like that ma’am?” She smiled up hopefully, eyes open wide and childlike, beaming with flushed cheeks.

She was acting uncharacteristically open and friendly, especially to a higher ranking stranger, but Vala was so happy that she couldn’t help but let some of her bubbliness show.

OOC :
Vala really isn’t this happy and open usually, but she just got a free bead and a chance to practice glass working with another Avora so she’s acting disgustingly cute. Yeah, sorry its so short. Having a bit of writer’s block ... but hopefully things will get rolling.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Camriska on March 13th, 2011, 3:42 am

Camriska looked up from the bow she was cleaning, Unbracing it allowing it to resume a relaxed state as the customer left. She had been enjoying the Market day and had already made quite a bit, selling most of her arrows and even a couple bows. "I have currently three quivers for sale. Hold on a moment." she said with a smile and pushed a bit of her fiery hair out of her eyes as she reached down behind the stall and pulled out three quivers. One was of average leather, another of a type of sturdy cloth she had bartered for a few market days before, and one was made of wood itself, and even had a lid to make sure the arrows didn't fall out mid-flight. That design had be extremely popular with the Endal for their partners. "I would recommend this one." she said pointing to the wooden one, "I can even carve a bit into it to make it more personal for you, i know it's a little plain right now." She smiled, "Its normally 35 Pinons," she lied, it was normally 50. "but I might need some help here and there. What skills do you have?" she asked looking down at the rather cute bubbly girl.

OOC :
Lol, Its alright hun. Sorry if mine's a bit short too ^^' hopefully it gets rolling here soon. ^^ Yay for a first post with a character.
Last edited by Camriska on March 13th, 2011, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camriska
Coveter

Words: 7681
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2011, 11:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on March 13th, 2011, 6:26 am

Vala watched, with childlike curiosity, as the fletcher unbraced the bow in her hands. Vala flexed her own arm, unconsciously wondering if she would be strong enough to do the same. When the lady pulled out three quivers, Vala chewed her lips and tilted her head to the side, as she tried to follow the lady’s words.

35 pinions... a steep number for the cheap chiet. Her smile faltered a little. She was completely oblivious to the proper pricing of any type of weapon and such - sure she could tell you how much a glass piece cost just by a glance, but once it came to arrows Camriska could have said 10 pinions a pop, and Vala would have believed her, but today, well today seemed to be Vala’s lucky day: it was as if she was being blessed by Priskil - running into so many nice and generous Avora in a single market day was a near unbelievable miracle.

“Well uh... I really only have...” Vala cleared her throat and ran her fingers down her braid one more time before looking up at the lady with wide open eyes and body in an open stance. “I have absolutely no experience in fletching.” She beamed up, tilting her head to the other side, her face aglow with the flushing feeling of honesty. “I can barely shoot an arrow straight, but I love to learn and I love to work. Oh wait... sorry I lied.” She scrunched her nose, “I have read a little about fletching while working in the Enclave, but... just like this much.” She held out her fore finger and thumb, suggesting a tiny amount. “I do work with feathers often though, since I dress my own quills.”

She reached out tentatively, running her un-gloved finger against the sturdy cloth of the second quiver. “I’m actually a little partial to this quiver, here. I’m only a casual archer you see, I wouldn’t need something as heavy duty as that, looks more like one an Endal would be sporting.” She pulled her hand back, fiddling with her braid again.

OCC :
Dressing a quill is using a knife to cut the tip (nib) to sharpen it to a point. I’m actually working on my entry for the calligraphy lore/wiki for Miza right now :D

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Camriska on March 13th, 2011, 5:46 pm

She listened to everything the younger woman had to say. A soft smile playing on her lips, "Ah...You don't have any experience in archery? Yet you want a quiver? Well I can't blame you." she smiled again and put the other two quivers away leaving the middle one, "This one is 20." She told the truth in pricing this time, "I do know how to shoot, and i don't want to give my merchandise to those who don't know how to use it properly." She said before smiling, "So obviously I have to teach you." she stretched a little. "I don't have a proper store, though i truly wish for one. What are you doing in the coming weeks? I can at least show you how to shoot properly, in return you can help me with a few special tasks. This will also help you pay off what you would owe for the quiver. I'll take the ten now of course. Do we have a deal?" She said with a warm smile, the light blue in her eyes gleaming. In truth she was only appearing generous, though she wasn't planning anything malicious, she did need a partner to help her have some eyes and ears outside her own.

OOC :
Yay for making up as I go along... >.> And awesome. thanks.
Last edited by Camriska on March 13th, 2011, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on March 13th, 2011, 10:21 pm

A difference of fifteen Pinions, between the cloth and the wood quiver, was not as drastic as Vala expected, but she was too self conscious to question if Camriska was either marking up the cloth quiver or had marked down the wooden quiver. Either way Vala, just wanted to learn some fletching. She scrunched up her face when the Avora mentioned her aversion to selling to the inexperienced - she did manage to wound the bunny that one time with Ronin... She did perk up though, when Camriska offered to teach her - fletching or archery she wasn’t picky.

“I’ll be meeting with a glass worker lady on the 6th of Spring, but I’ll be free after work at the Enclave, everyday after that.” Vala piped up. She wondered if what she was getting into was relevant to her life goal - becoming a master glass blower, but learning a new skill never hurt anyone, and Vala found her growing curiosity, fueled by meeting so many new people, was hard to ignore. Learning was becoming like a drug to Vala.

Special tasks on the other hand, while they sounded interesting, made Vala throw up a few mental walls, she hoped to read the lady for any traces of bad intentions - so far by her tone and stance, Vala could only barely catch a hint of something less than on the up and up, but nothing malicious. The lady’s warm smile and open eyes were also a little disarming to the jaded girl.

Without another second of hesitation, Vala pulled out the ten pinions buried within the pocket of her Byrda, and held them out to Camriska. “I would love to help you ma’am,” She bit her bottom lip, trying to remember something important that she knew she was forgetting. “And my name is Vala!” She exclaimed excitedly.

OCC :
I don’t think anyone in Inarta actually has a store. Mostly we work for the city, Market days are for the Avora or such that had the time to make their own goods to sell for personal profit. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic5913.html If you scroll down Goss posted stuff about Avora Income and Tax and such.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Camriska on March 14th, 2011, 1:24 am

Camriska smiled happily taking the pinions from Vala. "My name is Camriska. Its a pleasure to meet you." She said with a smile and looked up at the sky for a moment, "You are free after the 6th day? Hmm.." she thought of her own schedule and how she needed to get work done. "I work most days on my craft, but after i finish i can teach you a bit here and there. Some days might be busier than others, but i can at least give you your first lesson on the 8th. I think i should be pretty free after my duties that day." She said lost in thought for a moment, "Ah. Well meet me in my part of the Arms Gallery then. We can work on your Archery skills then. Is there anything else you wanted to learn?" she asked while packing a few of her things up and still keeping a few things out to showcase at the market while speaking to the younger girl. "Of course the more i teach the more i expect in return." she said with a glint in her eyes

OOC :
I know I read it and updated my CS go give it a look. Quite a few things changed but mostly her history.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on March 14th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Vala watched her pinions disappear a little reluctantly; she loved to buy new things if they were well made and useful, but the actual loss of her hard earned money pained her. She wanted to haggle some more - maybe even get it for free like her bead, but she shut her mouth and accepted the offer gratefully.

The quiver was more than large enough to fit Vala’s 10 practice arrows; she figured she would even be able to fit thirty more arrows, real arrows for hunting like she had used with Ronin, that is when she had the money to afford it - or now with Camriska, maybe when she had the skill to make her own.

Camriska packed away her wares as Vala looked on, wondering if she should have been helping her. “I can give you your first lesson on the 8th.” Camriska offered generously. Vala scrunched up her nose. It was soon, maybe a little too soon. She wasn’t sure if it would give her enough time to recover from work with Feyra. As a chiet, having to work eight hours everyday seriously cut into time to get better and advance to Avora-hood.

Vala wasn’t stupid, she was far from it, she was just a little too overeager, fueled by her need to succeed. She was stretching herself a little thin, but she figured it was all the better, since work would keep her out of trouble. She smiled, with sincerity. “I would love to help you on the eight!” A stray thought - Vala had forgotten to ask when she should be at the Craft Gallery to meet Feyra; she wouldn’t be making the same mistake again. “And, what time do you want me to meet you exactly?” Vala would have even asked if she should wear anything specific, but she only did have the one outfit.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Camriska on March 15th, 2011, 9:27 pm

Camriska watched Vala's reaction to her date and thought about it for a moment, "Is that date bad for you?" But when she responded in the affirmative, the older woman shrugged and finished packing her things. "Well lets see, I should finish up with my work at about...early evening. Meet me in my workshop in the Arms Gallery then. If i'm not done when you get there, i assume you don't mind waiting." She said with a soft smile. "By the way, Are you looking to learn anything besides archery with me?" She asked holding one of her fine crafted arrows.

She was actually looking forward to teaching Vala, perhaps channeling how good it felt to be taught by her former master...suddenly remembering his death she shook her head slightly, "Well, if there is nothing else...?" she offered after her stall was completely cleaned and the little bit of her wares that were left packed.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on March 16th, 2011, 3:21 am

“I would love to learn and help you with fletching as well.” Vala piped up. When she noticed Camriska had nearly finished packing up for the day - obviously not needing her help, Vala bowed respectfully. “Thank you so much ma’am. No I don’t have any more questions. I’ll be going now, see you on the 8th.”

Vala bowed one more time before running off to clock some overtime work at the Enclave.

Vala’s Quiver :

I think its leather, but I couldn’t find a nice cloth one that I liked.

So I’ll get started on our next thread :D

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Camriska on March 18th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Camriska watched the girl run off and smiled a little more, chuckling, this would be a good situation...She picked up her things from her now clean stall and began to cart them back to the Arms Gallery to put them up.

END

OOC :
its pretty ^^ and alright. I'll be looking for the next one. ^^
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next