The Heat that Soothes...(Kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Camriska on March 13th, 2011, 7:18 pm

11th day of Spring
511 AV
The Tisuma Baths

Camriska sighed softly placing her head against the edge of the bath, her body clouded by the smoke that filled the bath from the heat. It had just been swirled and cleaned so she decided to take a little while to relax in the water. As the hot water cleansed her body it did little for her mind. It continued to race from one subject to another, from what she needed to do in the following days to bits and pieces of her past bubbling up into her mind.

Before she knew it her mind was engulfed in memories. She smiled as she remembered old friends, wondering why she didn't have much time to talk to some of them anymore...While a frown formed at the not so pleasant ones that wormed their way in. She sighed opening her eyes, their normal glimmer seeming dull in comparison to the steamy water that surrounded her. She then noticed that not many people were sharing the bath with her.

She slid down and dunked her head in the cleansing water to clear it causing her wet crimson tendrils to stick to her face and neck when she resurfaced. "Mmm..." She sighed in relaxation.

OOC :
I'm not sure if their suppose to be completely naked or not... so...I'm just leaving that little tidbit of info out...sorry its so short! ^^'
Last edited by Camriska on March 15th, 2011, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camriska
Coveter

Words: 7681
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2011, 11:21 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 13th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Kovac had chosen a bell during which the baths were usually more sparsely populated, so the cynical Avora did not have to deal with friendly chit chat nor judgemental stares. Truth was, he could have bathed in Shayth's aerie, as he had become accustomed. But his 'benefactor' had already bathed, so he would have to bathe alone, removing the one major benefit of doing it in her home. So he had gone to the Tisuma Baths to find his favorite well-endowed Chiet attendant who knew how to work the knots out of his shoulder.

Having stripped and left his boots and bryda in the locker room, Kovac had washed off in the upper baths, working his way down to the steamiest pool of water. His choice attendant was not on duty, and he had employed one of the other Chiet to scrub him down, but required nothing else from her. The Avora worked his way over the damp stone, avoiding other bathers, moving towards the warmer bathes. He arrived at his old favorite spot, one of the hottest bathes in the room. The lowest pool was shrouded in steam, and he strained to peer through the mist to see who may already be relaxing in the hot water. Though he could see a form, details were impossible to make out, so he slid into the water a little ways away from his fellow bather. Sinking up to his shoulders, the archer inhaled the warm, moist air and leaned against the smooth stone of the pool, allowing his muscles to begin to relax. Once again he peered through the steam to identify with whom he shared the water, only seeing that it was a female. A wry grin curled at the edge of his lips.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Camriska on March 14th, 2011, 12:03 am

Camriska was happily soaking the tension out of her muscles, her memories floating over her former Master and his death, leaving a son...Just then she noticed someone coming toward her area of the bath. Not surprised she saw that it was a male in figure though the steam obscured much else. She slid down into the water to soak herself once again before surfacing and getting a better look at the man she was sharing a corner of the bath with. The steam between them obscured her vision then she moved closer and got a better look, quickly able to see the half-breed clearer she quickly backed away into the steam. Damn it...I know he'll start something if i stay... She sighed as the son her Master had left behind was sitting near her.

They had always had tension between them since his father died, and she didn't want more to be brought up now, since they were both exposed, even if there weren't that many people in the baths at the time. She sighed, Maybe things could be different..if I were to be..nice.. She cleared her throat and tried to say something, something worthwhile or charming, but all that came out was, "Hello Kovac." in a soft, slightly submissive voice, to show that she didn't want to start anything.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 14th, 2011, 12:31 am

Kovac perked up a bit as the woman slid closer. He waited, looking with anticipation for who would be revealed through the heavy moist curtain. Then her features appeared from the steam. The archer immediately recognized the blue eyes, knowing they were flecked with gold even though they were not visible in the mist. Fiery red hair, darkened its wet state, stuck to her face in strands. Camriska. He sunk slightly into the water and sighed. He looked away.

In reality, nothing was her fault. As children they had even been friends, pretending to be Endal together, riding eagles and performing glorious feats. They had given each other their first kiss at the tender age of ten, nothing more than a light peck on the lips followed by thorough scrubbing of their mouths on their sleeves. All that was before the choosing of apprentices.

Kovac had hoped his father would chose him to apprentice, to somehow make his father proud of him and shake off the resentment the old bowyer held against his son over the death of his mother during child birth. Instead, his father chose Camriska. It broke his heart and had destroyed their friendship. Kovac in some way still held it against her.

Her voice drifted over the steaming water, soft and subdued. Reluctantly he turned to look at her. His voice was non-committal and flat. "Hello, Camriska."
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Camriska on March 14th, 2011, 1:04 am

She almost flinched when she heard his voice, flat, unfeeling. She sighed, "Still upset..." She whispered to herself before moving close enough so she could properly be seen, but not appear threatening. She looked up into his eyes and attempted a smile, "How has life been for you? I've been to busy working recently to really keep up with everything..." she said trying to make at least a little conversation.

In truth she wasn't sure why she was even talking to Kovac, if she had been smart she would have slipped out of the baths and left before he caught a good glimpse of her. The Bath was warm and it apparently had messed with her better judgement, because here she was, talking to him. She use to truly care for Kovac, they had been friends in childhood and she sometimes missed the closeness...When he had fallen in love with another woman, she refused to admit she felt a sense of loss. She had always known that he wouldn't...couldn't feel for her, there was too much history, and now with the speak of his new partner...She shook her mind to clear it again, getting too lost in thought.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 14th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Kovac's pride rose up and his eyes fell everywhere but to Camriska, until she edged closer. Then he was compelled to turn his gaze to her, catching the blue irises even in the haze of steam. Yes, he had had feelings for Cam. The kind one had for a longtime friend that just wasn't spoken of. That is what made the fact that his father chose her to apprentice all the more painful. No, it was not her fault, he could hardly have asked Cam to refuse the apprenticeship. Nevertheless, there was a sense of betrayal. From that point on he had basically turned his back on both of them.

But Camriska tried, still, to make amends. A few seasons ago, he would have rebuffed her with some sarcastic remark. But things had begun to change for Kovac, and life didn't suck as much as it used to. So the half-breed did not move away, or try to chase her off.

The Avora paused after she asked about him, soaking in the warm, swirling water. The sensation soothed his body and mind. Maybe that had something to do with his tolerance of Camiska's presence. Not that he forgave her or anything, he was just going to show he had matured. Yes, that was it.

Kovac ran his hands through his hair, mustering a smug grin. He adopted a tone of confidence. "Oh, I am doing well. I have been working with the Endal's alot. Wind Reach's ginger-headed angels may be able to ride Wind Eagles but most can't shoot worth a crap." It was only then did he remember that Cam's parents were both Endal. He cleared his throat quickly. "Of course, not all of them are incompetent." He remarked assuredly.

Kovac glanced again to the girl, her long hair floating around her on the surface of the water. After another awkward pause, Kovac decided he would be generous and grant Camistra some attention. "And what have you been so busy doing?"
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Camriska on March 14th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Camriska felt a tinge of jealousy at his admission of being with the Endal, but she tried hard not to show it, "Oh!? Well that must be a new trait in the recent Endal...My parents were quite good at archery, if i remember correctly..." she said even though she wasn't sure. She took a breath as he asked her what she had been doing. What had she been doing? Working. Ever since his father had died and she had been working, her mind only engrossed in business and how to further herself and the tribe. It seemed the more she worked the more she forgot that she had left the majority of her life outside of work behind. She didn't talk to her friends anymore, only when they wanted something or she needed help getting wood for her arrows and bows. She had never let herself truly love anyone, only taken lovers when there was and equal exchange set up...She had been missing out on life...for what?

"Not much really, I've been working on my craft, taking care of myself..." she bit her lip and looked up at him, "Hold on a moment." she said then dipped herself under the water before pushing back up to re-wet her hair and give herself a moment to think. "I'm sorry..." she whispered once she resurfaced and pushed the water off of her face.
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 15th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Kovac shrugged at Camriska's response. Of course she would defend her parents, he did not fault her for that. The woman seemed to hesitate when he ask what she had been doing. It was more of a conversational question, which Kovac did not expect to be answered with any detail. Though, he would have to admit, he was curious as to what she had been up to. Of course he had seen her, across the kitchens, in the Galleries and even the warrens. But they had managed to avert their eyes and maintain a safe distance, preventing any awkward encounters, like the one they found themselves experiencing now. Perhaps is was the most awkward situation they could have imagined, naked and alone submerged in hot water. Kovac fidgeted.

The archer nodded when she spoke, his attention directed to some vague point within the cloud of steam. Only when she suddenly disappeared beneath the surface of the water did he look over at her. She reappeared a moment later with an apology. Cam appeared...nervous around him. Part of the cynical Avora was happy she was. His pride was appeased knowing Camriska was uncomfortable and approaching him at a disadvantage. But, as he looked at her wipe the water from her face and push back her damp locks, the part of him that had missed her, had mourned for their lost friendship, had wondered if they could have become something more, pushed at his conscious.

Kovac nodded, deciding to cut her some slack. "I am glad to hear that you...are carrying on the work. I have seen some of your bows. You make them like he did." The half-blood had never had a very good relationship with his father, even a bit resentful that his father died before making amends, as if he had done it just to spite him.

The archer manage a weak smile for Camriska. "Do you remember, the time we sneaked down to the Underground Forest?"
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Camriska on March 15th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Why am I so nervous? I feel like my heart is beating out of my chest...yet my mind is so melancholy. This makes no sense... she was lost in thought, her mind as clouded as the steam filled room, her body was long clean and relaxed from the water, but she couldn't stop fidgeting around Kovac.

When he spoke again she jumped a little, "Really? I've tried my best to keep his art alive. I've improved a bit on his original style, made the wood a bit more stable and less likely to break from over use.." She quickly shut up. Talking about work would start a conversation she didn't want to. For the first time in a long time she didn't even want to think about work...she just wanted to talk to an old friend. She was sorely relieved when he mentioned a former escapade. Her face brightened instantly. The smile appearing on her face sincere and bright.

"Oh yes! That was one of the best days of my childhood! Everything was so pretty, I felt like i was walking into a magical land...The exotic plants, and mushrooms...it may have been the mushrooms giving off something that made everything feel light and airy..." She blushed gently. "And i wasn't scared of anything because you were there. I knew that you would protect me if someone came and caught us." She blushed a little more, her face almost matching her hair, then looked down at the water and her own naked body, the water keeping its immense and relaxing heat. "We use to have all kinds of adventures Kovac..."
Camriska
Coveter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 16th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Kovac really didn't want to hear how her work was going. For the sake of what they once had, he had been polite and made small talk. His friend Haya had encouraged him to learn small talk, something that Kovac was immensely ill-equipped or inclined to do under normal circumstances. But talk of making bows only drudged up ill-will and painful memories.

But the sudden appearance of Camriska, and the more intimate nature of the interaction, managed to wear on Kovac's defenses, and he dared to bring up an old memory. It was one of his favorites in fact, as far as Camriska went. He had enjoyed watching her as she stared in amazement at the variety of colorful flora and fungi in the massive caverns, they were only around thirteen years old. They were already good friends, but on this occasion, she had slipped her hand into his as they walked and ran along the narrow trails in the eerily lit forest. Whether it was narcotic fungi spores or simply having Cam pull him around by the hand, he did remember feeling very happy.

The Avora's gaze drifted from the rippling water back to Camriska. "Yes, we had many fine adventures didn't we. The gods blessed us in that we were not caught during most of them." He let out a rare, sincere chuckle.

Kovac's eyes lingered for a moment on Camriska's. Not until that moment had he realized how much he had missed her. Maybe he had been wrong in holding such a long-lived grudge against her, maybe.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next