The Fox and the Cat [Soren]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Isette on March 16th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Soren Thundersong smiled and Isette felt just a little less helpless. Maybe she was getting through to him after all. “Beautiful Isette you are friend, I like you.” The Kelvic wasn’t sure how to respond to that. Friendship was good. It certainly wasn’t anything she would turn her nose up at. On the other hand, she felt strange when he called her beautiful. Skittish. He said he didn’t want to use her, but he was still acting like the men who used her. Isette was confused. He even gave her the money back. “No, you keep.” Because she didn’t know the Common word for ‘need’, she assumed he was simply repeating his Lhavitian phrase in Common for her learning benefit. She smiled at having learned something new.

“Wait you’re only two?” Isette understood his Lhavitian, and she thought she understood the Common…But what was he trying to say? She gave him a funny look as his gaze traveled downwards. He was complimenting her chest? Isette didn’t know how she felt about that. On the one hand, she liked compliments. On the other hand, she was still trying to figure out if he wanted to buy sex from her. This boy was confusing. “I am nineteen,” he said. Okay, she thought.

He wanted to…hold her hand? Isette looked at him for a moment. “No,” she said bluntly, speaking Common. Isette did not like to be touched. She took another bite of cheese (the meat was long finished), watching him warily.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 16th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Soren was taken aback by how bluntly she refused him. Not exactly mean, but it wasn't exactly nice either. He watched as she ate some of the cheese. Not sure how to respond just sat stiffly. "Uhm...maybe I should go..." Soren pulled his pack onto his shoulders, but he didnt get up.

This is hopless. Why am i even here still. She will never understand. He sighed gently. "You can keep money and food." Soren smiled sadly and looked at her. Isette. Maybe i see you again?" with that he slowly stood and turned to leave. He took a step, but his feet felt like they were encased in steel. If you leave now you may never get another chance. Ok but she doesnt like you why does it matter. Because you love her! Soren argued with himself in his head. He gave a slight laugh. at least it wasnt out loud. She would think Im crazier than I already am. Soren stood rooted to the spot, unsure of what to do. Soren bit his lip and turned back around. How about we go get you some clothes." He pulled on his shirt to explain the last bit. "you cant wonder around naked though. Ah how bout this. Soren pulled his long white cloak out and held it out for the girl. "You can wear this but ill need it back." just to help himself he threw the few Lhavitian words he could into his speech.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Isette on March 17th, 2011, 12:51 am

I should go.” Isette looked up at her new friend, startled by his sudden decision. Oh. Okay then. He sighed and Isette felt she understood. He must be tired. A lot of travelers were used to sleeping when Lhavit was up and running. He said something that she couldn’t really catch and then switched to her native language. “Isette. Maybe I see you again?” She smiled and nodded in response, never one to pass up the chance for free food and interesting conversation.

“Goodbye!” she said hastily as he stood to leave. The Kelvic stood with him, food and money left laying on the floor. She didn’t want him leaving without a proper goodbye, after all. His exist seemed to be happening much too fast. Like he was running away from her. Except he didn’t leave. He turned around.

How about we go get you some clothes.” Some what? Shirts? Dresses? Clothes? Isette tilted her head to the side, trying to figure it out. He continued to speak and she tried to follow. She can’t…something. More words that sounded more like a transition than anything really important. Oh! ‘This.’ As in his cloak. Or so she assumed since he was offering it to her. She took it hesitantly, unsure of what he was trying to say. Oh well. She wrapped the cloak around herself, huddling into its warmth. “Thank you,” she said in common. Was the cloak a gift?
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 17th, 2011, 3:17 am

Soren was surprised how fast the girl stood up when he said he was going to leave. She had said goodbye and then sprung up as if sitting on a fire. She seemed confused by want he said. When Soren offered her his cloak she took it hesitantly and wrapped it around herself. "Thank you." Soren nodded. The long white cloak covered her, but just barely. Maybe i can turn this around. He grinned and turned, walking back towards Surya plaza. He looked over his shoulder simultaniously speaking. "You coming?"

The plaza was less crowded but still really busy, and the received many strange looks. He supposed they made an odd pair, the young Drykas man and the Kelvic girl in the white cloak, not that anyone knew Isette was Kelvic. Just so long the Shinya didn't accuse them of anything. After some searching they happened across a stand selling dresses.

The dresses were simle cotton, but each one was different than all the others. They came in every color under the sun and many different patterns. Some had designed weaved into them with fluffed shoulders, others beaded with simple straps. an old woman sat on a rickity 3 legged stool behind the stand. She grinned and stood up when they approached. "You buy? I make myself. You want dress for someone, you girlfriend there? I sell to you cheap. 15 kino, or miza. Whatever you have." Her common was heavily accented and broken. Soren's eyes got big and he almost choked when the woman called Isette his girlfriend. I wish he thought trying to hide how flustered he was.

He bit his lip and turned to Isette. "Pick one. I pay. You can have." My lhavitian must sound as bad as that woman's common. pointing to one he told Isette "Those are Dress." He laughed slightly and moved so she could look. I'm gonna have ta get a job if I keep this up. I'm runnin out. Ha. That's ok. I dont need much. I'm just glad she's helping me He smiled brightly and dug into his pack for his coin pouch.
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Isette on March 17th, 2011, 4:02 am

She didn’t have much time to ponder the maybe-gift. It seemed she was being invited to go along with Soren Thundersong. Well, the cloak probably wasn’t a gift then. He was just letting her use it. That was nice of him. Isette responded with a nod and smile before bending over and scooping up the money and the food he’d given her. She didn’t have anything to carry them in. Her bag was back at home along with her clothes. As he walked, she followed amiably seemingly unbothered by the stares they received. It appeared to be a common response to her being unclothed.

At least she had the cloak. That covered her enough, didn’t it? Ah well. Let them stare. Isette had better things to worry about. Like where they were going. She was about to ask when he stopped in front of a dress stand. Such beautiful dresses in so many different colors! Isette liked dresses. There was this green dress there that she’d been eyeing for some time, but had yet to convince herself to buy it. She liked to save her money for emergencies. Vanity was decidedly not an emergency. She looked at Soren Thundersong, a curious expression on her face.

“You buy?” Isette’s attention quickly snapped to the woman working the stand. With enough concentration, the Kelvic managed to unravel a bit of what she was saying to her friend, though she misunderstood the part about her being called his ‘girlfriend.’ All she caught was the ‘friend’ part. It didn’t matter. What mattered was Soren Thundersong and what he did next. Or rather, what he said. He was going to buy her one? A dress? Any dress? Isette’s eyes widened.

Really? she asked, forgetting to speak Common and reverting back to her native tongue.You will buy one for me? Oh, Soren Thundersong, thank you! she said happily, briefly making a mental note of the Common word for ‘dress’. “Thank you." she said again, this time speaking Common. Isette didn’t wait for a response. She instantly went in search of the green dress. It was ruffled at the top and lined in white lace and very, very pretty for something made of simple cotton. She found it easily, still in the same place it had been the day before, and brought it back. Her eyes were lit with happiness as she offered the garment to Soren Thundersong so that he could buy it for her.
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 17th, 2011, 6:36 am

When she found out Soren was going to buy her a dress, Isette's eyes grew larger, seemingly in shock. Excited, she spoke rapidly in Lhavitian. Soren only caught a few words, but it seemed she prefered dresses over other clothes...when she wore any. Soren briefly wondered is she owned any others. "Thank you." He watched as she started searching, seeming to already have one in mind. Quickly finding one, she brought it back to him. She held it out for him to pay for, a flowing green dress with ruffles at the top and lace edging. That sparkle that drove him crazy was back in her eyes.

"This one? Its very nice. Go well with eyes." He pointed to his eyes to help explain. Soren turned and the stall owner adressed him. "You want it? Give me money then you can have." He walked over to her, pulling out the heavy gold rimmed coins. "Fifteen gold mizas yea? Thanks." The woman looked at him for a moment, and then took the coins. She counted them and nodded. "Is good. Have fun you two." she cackled and waved them away.

Soren moved back to Isette and held the dress out to her. Find you place to put on yes?" Soren looked down for a momentand realized she didn't have shoes either. He pointed to his boots asking "You need shoes?" He scratched his head. "Ah we can worry about that in a minute." Soren spoke more to himself than anyone in particuler. "Well let's go." He looked around the plaza for a place for Isette to put on her new dress.

OCC: Ledger - 15gm
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Isette on March 17th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Apparently he approved. He said it was nice and would go well with her eyes, which brought out another smile from Isette. She liked green. The feline watched the exchange go down with mild fascination. She managed to follow the entire conversation up until the last sentence, when the woman said something using the number ‘two’. You two? That was all she got from it. She didn’t care, though, because she had a new dress! Isette was happy to take the dress from Soren Thundersong, but she didn’t understand why she had to find a place to put the dress on.

She’d been naked for the past ten, twenty minutes or so. What was a few more seconds? This place is good,” she said simply before taking Soren’s cloak off of her shoulders. She held the draping thing out to him so that she didn’t have to set it on the floor while she slipped into her new dress. The cloak was white and she didn’t want to get it dirty. It was one thing for her own clothes to get dirty. She would feel bad if she messed up his.Take it, she added quickly as a gust of wind attacked her skin; it was getting a bit chillier now.

His question about shoes confused her. Was he asking if she had shoes? Isette nodded. “I have shoes,” she replied in Common. She didn’t catch the next thing he said. Just the word ‘minute’. This was getting confusing again, but Isette now had a new word added to her list of Common words. Shoes. She was learning all sorts of fun things! Making friends with foreigners was fun. They bought her things and taught her words. Isette decided she should make a habit out of this. Foreigners didn’t care if she was Shimobe.
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 18th, 2011, 3:45 am

"This place is good." With that remark Isette whipped off the cloak and handed it to Soren. His eyes almost popped out of his head and he dropped his cloak. "Isette!" alarm in his voice, Soren swung his head every whichway to watch for Shinya. That was when he noticed the plaza was mostly empty, the few people left not even looking at the pair. Sunlight creeped up on the buildings, giving them a golden outline.

Sheepishly, he picked up his cloak, much calmer now that they had little chance of being caught. "Well i guess theres no worry then." He rubbed a hand across the back of his neck. "Heh I should go. Its late." He gave a light laugh that turned into a yawn. I didnt expect to be gone this long. It was worth it though. "I need find Mika. It nice to meet you Isette. Thank you for helping me learn." He smiled and bowed low for the mysterious cat-girl who had stole his heart. "I hope we can see eachother again."
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Isette on March 18th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Isette pulled the new garment over her head while her new friend cried out in alarm. She poked her head through the fabric and gave him a puzzled look. What? Was there danger? There didn’t seem to be any. The feline continued getting dressed while Soren Thundersong picked up his cloak. It felt so good to have something fresh and clean to wear…And it was so pretty! Isette felt special. She twirled around in delight.

“Well I guess there’s no worry then.” Isette stopped focusing on her new dress and looked back at him. There was another word she didn’t know. ‘Worry.’ And his next words were even harder for her to understand. Isette had no idea what he was talking about. I…something…go? It is…something. She scrunched her face up trying to figure it out. He saved her by speaking in her own tongue. At that point she gathered that he was leaving. Oh! And she understood the common he spoke after that. The last sentence went entirely over her head, though.

Isette returned his bow. “Yes, and thank you for helping me learn as well,” she replied, It was good to greet you, Soren Thundersong. Thank you, also, for the dress.”
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 19th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Soren laughed lightly watching Isette spin around, joyful and grinning playfully like a young girl. When he told her he had to go she stopped and replied after returning his bow. "Yes and thank you for helping me learn as well. It was good to greet you as well Soren Thundersong. Thank you also for the dress." He nodded, a slightblush creeing into his face. "It was no problem. You look great."

Soren pulled on his cloak, still slightly warm from his new friend using it. "So ill see you around. Bye Isette." With that he turned and started walking across the plaza, heading for the stables. Just before reaching the end of the plaza he stoped turned and waved. I hoe i can see her again although i need to explain to Mika not to chase her. With a slight chuckle he turned the corner and disappeared from veiw.
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

PreviousNext