A Tree at the Boardwalk (Celescia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Berus on March 16th, 2011, 4:08 am

5th of Spring, 511 AV

Berus leaned against a tree in the Windward Boardwalk, his back pleasantly resting against the smooth bark of the conifer and his head leaning back and looking up into the sky. His fingers absent mindedly strummed his lyre as his thoughts soared elsewhere. The day wasn’t too cold for the frigid north and Berus’s cloak kept him warm enough that he felt that he could stay out here for hours, which is what he intended to do on a marvelous day like this! The sun was at its apex and the few clouds in the sky seemed to take the shape of great heroes and terrible monsters to the dreamer, and Berus imagined them fighting in the sky.

Berus heard footsteps approaching and they shook him from his thoughts. He glanced around for a moment, attempting to discover the source of the disruption. After a moment his eyes settled on the approaching figure of a fellow Vantha, a beautiful redheaded woman that seemed only an inch shorter than he was. Berus, deciding not to be rude but too lazy to get up from his perch, called out in a friendly tone, “Hello there! How are you on this fine day?”
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celescia on March 16th, 2011, 4:38 am

Celescia was making her way slowly down the boardwalk. She was very happy at the weather for the day. She was twirling around dancing humming a song that randomly popped up into her head that she heard the other day when she heard music faintly coming through the wind. Loving the tune of the music she started to softly sing to it as she tried to find out where it was coming from. It had just started to get louder when she heard someone call out, "Hello there! How are you doing on this fine day?"

Celescia looked around her and seen noone around so instead of being rude to whoever called out she decided to call back out to th voice. "Hello to you too whereever your at, I am doing fantastic on this fine day, and may I ask how are you?"
Celescia
Player

Words: 2678
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 8:01 am

Postby Berus on March 16th, 2011, 4:47 am

Berus noticed that she had been whistling and seemed to be quite a friendly person! Not wanting to miss the opportunity to socialize with a rare young woman who wasn’t trying to bite his head off, he set aside his lyre leapt up to his feet. “I’m very well, thank you!” He walked forward to her, extending his hand for a friendly handshake. “I’m Berus Snowsong, a wanna-be bard, and who might you be?” He grinned boyishly. “And what brings you to the Boardwalk at this hour? Normally I find only layabouts and dreamers such as myself wandering around, not pretty girls like you!”
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celescia on March 16th, 2011, 4:56 am

Celescia smiled at the seemly nice friendly young man and reached out her hand to accept the handsahake that he offered her. "Hello there Berus Snowsong, I am Celescia Whitevine and it is my pleasure meting you here on this wonderful day. Im not exactly sure what I am or wonnabe yet." she said as she lightly laughed.

"Who says im not a daydreamer?" She said as she softly laughed again. "I like to walk around here thinking about the things that are on my mind and then singing and every now and then I love to dance here when I dont see anyone around."

"So do you come here alot?" Celescia ased him as she started to slowly spin around in circles again.
Celescia
Player

Postby Berus on March 16th, 2011, 5:06 am

Berus smiled broadly and nodded, "I'm a bit of a regular around here, since I’m too lazy to get a job. I come here to play my lyre in the peaceful calm, so as to not aggravate the ears of unfortunates in more crowded areas." He winked slyly. "I also attempt to compose here every now and then, but I am often forced to abandon that venture for the sake of my aching ears and my sanity.” Berus covered his ears comically for a moment. “So you like to sing and dance? I am alright with my instrument over there, if you’d like to sing a few bars or dance to a tune or two? Who knows, maybe we can make it big,” the little bard teased, green eyes twinkling.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celescia on March 16th, 2011, 5:14 am

"THis is the first time that I have seen you around here though. Maybe we could try it sometime if you would really want to. I dont usually do things like that in frong of people, but I would make and attempt for you." Celescia told him as she walked back up to where he was standing at, letting out a soft laugh. She smiled and assumd that her eyes had changed colors since her moods had completel changed since she started to walk around the boardwalk. "I never really see that many people here, I think thats why I like to come here so much. So do you mind telling mee some about yourslef?"
Celescia
Player

Postby Berus on March 16th, 2011, 5:24 am

Berus grinned in reply. “Of course; I am but a lowly bard-in-training who has a little too much time on his hands and a bit of a wandering heart. I can’t hold down a job very well, for I find it too boring to have to get up at the same time every day and receive a steady pay.” Berus scratched his head thoughtfully. “Instead, I fill my days with books of legend and the music of my lyre! Be wary around that lyre, though, it’s rather spiteful,” Berus shot it an amused look. “I also run a bit to exercise and every now and then attempt great acrobatic feats I hope may allow me to perform someday!”

He focused his attention back on Celescia. “And what of you, Celescia? What do you do besides wander the boardwalk humming, singing, and dancing?”
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celescia on March 16th, 2011, 5:33 am

Celescia laughed at him. "I fully understand what you mean, I would hate to be tied down to somehting that was the same everyday. But, about me I like to learn about new medical things that come out, I also like helping little kids and being around animals." Celescia told him as she sat down on a low tree branch and swung her legs back and forth, as she started to play with her braid. "I'm glad I came here today in the lovely weather. But this is like the only place that I can think out the things that are happeneding around me and that are going through my mind without worryng about my father intrupting me."
Celescia
Player

Postby Berus on March 16th, 2011, 5:47 am

Berus sat down beside her, sympathizing. “Ah, an overbearing father? Been there. My parents are always trying to force me or butt into my life.” Berus grinned. “They don’t realize I’m a lost cause yet! My heart is stolen by stories and songs and I simply can’t put it into work as they’d like.” He shrugged, not sure how to put it all into words himself. Though he deeply cared about his parents, and they him, he just couldn’t meet their standards and they were deeply disappointed by it. That wasn’t something to burden a stranger with, of course, so he decided to quickly shift the conversation. “How is life in the Whitevine hold? Medicine is indeed a worthy venture and I applaud you for going into the healing arts! We certainly need more healers around with all of the stuff I get into.” Berus winked at her again, hoping he could cheer her up a bit with a joke or two.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celescia on March 16th, 2011, 5:57 am

"My father honestly doesn't care what I do most of the time but is constantly wanting me to look for a furture husband and not to forget about it." Celescia, "You know what you boys are lucky you dont have people telling u when you need to settle down." Celescia laughed as she jumpd off of the tree limp she had been sitting on. "I do it because when I was a littl girl before my mother died I remember hr talking about how much she helped people and how mcuh she lovd doing so. So, when she passed away all I could think about was following in her footsteps and have been focused on that ever since and now I'm learning as I go about every day."
Celescia
Player

Next