Purchasing land and adding onto a building??

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Tarnish on March 17th, 2011, 1:11 am

Could I spend my starting miza on an acre of underground land to use right away? 4 other Zith and myself will be living together as a small family, and we need a place to call home. How do I go about purchasing an acre of land, and can we start with the cave already being ours or do I have to do a thread about purchasing the land?

Alternatively, could I cash in for a "cottage" that's in the wilderness? I wasn't sure if the housing miza could only be used in a city or if it can be used for claiming something like a portion of cave, too.

And for either situation, how do I add things like bedrooms or a prison? Are these added on once paid for, or is there a waiting process?

An acre of underground cave in Kalea for us to make our home would be awesome. Sorry to ask so many questions, I just never tried to expand beyond a single-person cottage and want to make sure I do this correctly.
Tarnish
That which shines in the darkness...

Words: 2681
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 3:11 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Panna Cotta on March 17th, 2011, 3:15 am

Hi Tarnish! Good luck on your new Zith family. To answer some of your questions, here's my take on things:

People cash out lodging for various reasons, most of the time it's so that they could stay in line with in-game history (wanderer, traveler, etc). Other times they want to purchase items on their own, cashing out lodging and then buying stuff as they need it, a tent here, a horse there... Your plight's nearer the second reason, especially since you'll be having a family.
If you buy an acre of land as the Price List (see Masterlist link at the header) says, remember that it will be undeveloped land. You'll have an acre of land with nothing on it. If you're going to "start out" with this land, you can just deduct the cost from your CS as an initial purchase, and you'll be good to go.

Purchasing a "cottage" or "cave" as a settlement in the wilds may require storyteller permission. Different domains need to adjust to the needs of its own citizens. I hope that you have also checked the Zith wiki, as it provides a clear xplanation of Zith colony dynamics. For specific Zith questions, I suggest you direct them at Gillar. For asking about having your own settlement in Kalea, I suggest contacting the Storytellers of Kalea, specifically the DS of the city you want to be near in.

Adding "rooms" in your "house" require extra costs (again, this is explained in the Price list wiki.) Nobody has really done this, partly because of the cost involved. I'd like to foretell that one of your future inquiries may involve "pooling family resources". Kindly see Gossamer's scrapbook post titled Stooging http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post43141.html. It gives insight of might be required and expected from you in the future, especially since it seems that you might be having slaves.

I hope I helped in some way.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tarnish on March 17th, 2011, 11:47 pm

I looked on the price list before and was still unclear about the things I asked. Thanks a lot for the link about stooging, though. I wasn't aware of any of that. Also, I've looked at the Zith wiki multiple times. :lol:

I'll ask a DS nearby the city we want to be at about cashing in for a cave in the wilderness. It was mostly that that I was unclear on, and also about the waiting time/process of buying land/adding expansions. My intentions aren't to abuse the system, I'd just like somewhere for us to call home. I also agree with Gossamer on it only being fair that if one person drops out of the group, their contribution should also be removed.

Thanks for the answers, including who to ask about Zith, it did help a lot.
Tarnish

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on March 18th, 2011, 2:36 am

okay id like to drop my .02 cents in here.
Excuse the phone posting. But Ziths are
wild animals with sentience. Caves arent
structures others have had to build.
They arent in cities and I cant see zith
being landowners. Why dont you
just cash in your stuff take the 600
gold mizas and do a thread about finding
a cave to live in as a group.
No one is gonna charge you for it.
They are common throughout the whole of the game
besides maybe in Eyktol.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarnish on March 18th, 2011, 3:40 am

...Sure, I just didn't think that I could do that. I thought the 500 housing miza was for claiming a living space, not just houses. But, we'll just do a thread about finding a cave.

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Tarnish

Character sheet