Closed Herbal Delivery

[Xyva]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on October 5th, 2021, 5:17 pm

"Learning very good. I wish school here take me, but I older than allow." she sighed shaking her head. "Maybe you distract because not learn right way? Maybe you learn other way?" she suggested, tilting her head as she listened. "Would be easier us, but not good for plant." she said, humming softly. "Some animal same too. Harmless look like danger." she chuckled slightly as she thought before thinking for a few moments. "Mmm I like fruit, and vegetable. But also fish. Father try teach me how fish once. I very bad." she smiled softly as she did so.

"You injure a lot? Most come see. We can sell tonic or salve to put on injury. It safe keep home but save time. If you cut self, put salve on and stop getting bad." she explained and nodded, then smiled as the woman confirmed that she had got the right thing for inflammation. "Yes mint too. If I philter, can mix mint and ginger goodness but make effect strong. Make work better." she grinned and nodded, happy for the conversation.

"Mmm beach? Last time I go beach, big thing wash up. I try to get bones but not so good with knife." she chuckled before nodding.
"I like beach. Safer than unforgiving." she smiled slightly. "That sound good. Do you swim?" she asked before she nodded. "Some people have go in, but better at looking for danger, and escaping. And good survivor. I die in ten chimes." she smirked shaking her head. She wished that that was a joke, but she had no doubts that if she went into the Unforgiving she would be dead or on her way to death within ten minutes. "And no herb settle this. Drugs and alcohol best nerves." she responded, grinning and chuckling.

"I think maybe other Konti here help learn speak. Better for teach. Speak common better and teach better." she hummed and nodded. "Not not trust people. Not trust leave Lhavit alone." she explained. "If leave Lhavit, need big group for safe. Some people need be slower. If swim I know I faster, but run not so good. So people need run slower for me feel safe." she chuckled again shaking her head and dismissing what she'd said.

As the woman asked more questions Ari thought for a moment. "They big big fish. I think they maybe not good eat. Mother said respect them. Weapon be pretty." she smiled as she looked around. She realised that she hadn't chosen her words carefully enough and the woman had misheard her words, although it wasn't wrong. She didn't have anyone. For a few moments she stared at the ground, fiddling with her bracelet as she tried to avoid any rogue emotions from emerging.

"I look teenager? I don't think Konti age. I look normal Konti. Look same for long time, not change for long time. Maybe two hundred change?" she hummed softly. She'd never really considered how fleeting other peoples lives could be. Having been born on Mura she'd mostly met Konti and Akalak, both of whom lived for longer periods of time. The only person she'd ever seen looking what most would consider old had been her father, a human. She'd never thought that others would age even quicker than he had. "You need look after safe. Want live long life. Can... Can magic help? I not know much magic. Maybe one can help?" she hummed before shaking her head. "Who would ask? I not know about many magic, not know who know." she sighed, shaking her head.

"I only know Tukant from Akalak. Some Akalak come Mura to find wife. Some Konti go Akalak home to find husband. I never go Riverfall but I try learn some word. If friend go then I can keep friend company. Stay with them while they go Riverfall." she chuckled at the thought shaking her head. "I no have friends so close. I have friend, just not friend I move with." she hummed. "I don't think friend anymore, we no speak a while. I should send letter." she explained and chuckled again. "I learn common since baby, still not so good though."

Ari'Ellin grinned widely at the other as she agreed with her thoughts of the Catholicon, and about home always being home. "I want Lhavit be like second home? Somewhere I can fit well. Maybe one day it home home, when nothing left in Mura for me. Long time though. Nowhere home home until I older." she explained, chuckling. "It depend when need at work. Sometimes need after dawn rest, sometime after dusk rest. Depend if Kita need go find plant in day or night. If after noon rest I sleep too much in dawn rest." she explained, tilting her head and chuckling. "I like sleep, Pebble like wake me too soon so I sleep more."

"Piece paper say Lhavit? Maybe they left as wrong clue? To keep you away. Or someone else leave word. Lhavit is nice. Good place come. See all time of day and enjoy." she hummed as she spoke, glancing around. "Lhavit good to distract from bad I think. Feel soothe." she gave her opinion, looking up to the ceiling of the room as she spoke. "I like night here. Everyone wake during night. See stars not look weird awake so late. Make nice change to Mura." she chuckled, enjoying the livelihood that the city always enjoyed.

"Yes, other Konti more peaceful. I less peaceful so no fit well." she explained and nodded. "Mmm, mother say she no need help. Best help was making self someone she proud of. Which why I follow feeling here." she explained before sighing. "I not know. Maybe herb, maybe Kita and Remas. No think so. I need try more. Find what I here for." she explained again, her hand moving to fiddle with the bracelet on her wrist as she watched the woman stand up and go to speak to the reception. She looked down at the bracelet around her wrist for a little, fiddling with it still until Xyva returned again. "Thirty chimes? Not so bad. I hope you meeting doctor quick. Quick with doctor good sign." she smiled as she spoke.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on October 12th, 2021, 5:12 am

5th Fall, 521AV

"Too old for school? Why not adult learning ? Similar to school. Then again maybe such thing is not available." She looked at the other in a curious frown, grinning a little in cheekiness, school was certainly the least of Xyva's worries. "You know maybe you have a point, we all learn differently so I think you might have a good point." Folding her arms , she hummed , her small beady eyes turning into one of thought. "Herbs and fish with fruit, you know what. You have given me an idea for what to make. You are a genious Miss Ari. Ah but the more you practice the better you get , but the main thing with fishing is always to have fun." Her lips became licked once more, a slight squirm of excitedness could be seen from Xyva herself.

She nodded towards Ari's words , waving her hand a little dismissively. "A little hurt all the time yes. Well almost all the time , but I have not gotten a BIG hurt yet and I do make sure I always take good care of myself yes, and you too ?" She shook her head, she shouldn't become worried about the other, but yet something inside her made her feel that way , causing her to suddenly frown. "Mint and ginger combination , I could manage it , alright then I will have to buy some if , no not if, but when you are able to complete it, I shall be your personal taste tester." She managed a soft laughter which turned into a happy smile upon seeing the others happiness.

Big thing washed up on the beach sent Xyva's mind into over drive with ideas upon what it could be, making her face turned into a giant grin, only to shake her head to break out of her day dream. "Oh wait big thing? That sounds both exciting and yet terrifying not good with knife ? I guess things did not work out that day hm? I am sorry." She nodded in agreeance, beach is safer infact almost everywhere would be safer than unforgiving , once again her imagination led her away , causing her nose to screw up once again. "No , I cannot swim , in kestrel form you bet I would splash around, as for human form , I will get up to my knees and splash around but swimming itself no, sadly. You can swim though?" She looked at the others physique but wasn't one to judge, after all something may not be as they appear. "Die in ten chimes? Wow ok yes better to keep you and well , mostly everyone out and safe , even I dread that place." She shuddered slightly due to the others smirk but also as to what the unforgiving holds. "Drugs and alcohol?" She sat up and rubbed her chin at the thought . "Temporarily maybe but they make you sick too so it is not the risk." She puffed out her cheeks.

"Maybe so but in all honesty though, I think maybe seeing the word written down and the pronounciation is the way to go..." her voice once again dropped into a mumble this time. "Even if I can barely read I will see get it." She wriggled her nose again before humming. "Well learning Kontinese cannot be that hard , right ? I am sure of it." She shut up , she remembered how difficult it was to learn Fratava and even now she still struggles with it. "Oh so you do not trust what is outside Lhavit? I think I understand you now and truthfully..." she rubbed the back of her own neck , once again mumbling softly. "I am the same." She cleared her throat and coughed once more, laughing. "You can swim and glide underwater all quick and gracefully, but running on land you are slow? Same here , I am swift and sharp in the air but come to the land forget it , I run like .. actually I do not know, but it is a work in progress." She chuckled along with Ari.

She licked her lips once more at the thought , this time of a giant fish only to pout a little . "Sounds like so much meat but if mother says respect them maybe it is best to do so. But pretty weapon ? One day I want to see one I can imagine them looking like ivory." She sighed in a daydreaming manner only to look at the other who becomes fixated on the ground, hesitating for a moment , only to give her a small pat on her back. "It is fine , being alone has its perks but in a sense let us both be alone , together. Also too anytime you want company or something I will be there." Maybe it was not the right time to mention it but by the look of the others expression, maybe a kind word was needed.. possibly.

T..two hundred ? Surely she did not mishear that but she just blinked in silence for a moment. "All Konti's l.. wait two hundred? How .. how old do you live for ? " something about a long life made her excited, once again squirming in her seat. "I have so many questions , well maybe one or two really, but I wont push you to answer, just know I do find it fascinating you all live for so long." This time she got up and paced , to stretch her legs, contemplating on magic, another thing she never thought of. "Magic to help me live longer, well that is a thought, I will not lie, but perhaps magic could help, if sucessful maybe it can spread out to the other Kelvics? Once again Miss Ari, you are a genious." She bit her lower lip at the second half, the idea of living longer was wonderful but as to who knew magic to make it possible was unknown to even herself. "Ah , I do not know , but maybe one day they will be found and we can ask then... no?"

"So females leave to ... oh wait then what would their children look like? The thought of it becomes interesting. Wait so unless you have a friend you never go there? But riverfall sounds pretty , I can imagine a waterfall and a lake." She possibly could be wrong but once again she admitted a soft sigh. "But tukant sounds like a hard language too.. but sending your friend a letter sounds like a good idea, you know you might as well do it considering it has been a while. You learnt enough to make a sentence but truthfully that is all you need, so you are doing better in common than it seems.. " she nodded towards the other encouragingly and in reassurance.

"Mura will a.ways be home to you HOWEVER second home or even home home in Lhavit will also happen too, how to explain, even though Lhavit becomes home home, you will always be tied to your original home, sorry if that makes no sense, but with saying that, if the reason for leaving home is a bad one then Lhavit becomes home home and .." she sat back down and groaned , she knew she was making no sense to the other, probably , but yet it made all the sense to her ownself, shutting up suddenly to avoid confusing the other even more. "Lhavit to me is home home, I maybe have nothing left in Zeltiva now but yet is does not bother me, I am glad to move away despite having no one." She scratched her cheek with her talon like finger. " you mean you rest whenever you can as long as Kita does not send you out for go hunting for herbs? " she blinked a little once again. "Pebble? Naughty for waking you up early? Yes."

"See that is what I was thinking , but still I am glad I did come here it is a beautiful place. I did think that it was a wrong clue too or a word but I still thought that I was better off to come and have a look no? You can never be too sure. Nice town both in day and night that is true." She watched the other before mentally taking notes. " you are right Lhavit is quite soothing, it feels like a vacation all the time, if that makes sense ." She smiled happily in agreeance , sighing happily as well. "No you are right though , it is nice to see the stars at late night , just enjoying the breeze, having a snack and a drink .. night time picnic is beautiful, but is there anywhere you recommend to visit in Lhavit, sorry if I asked before , my memory is not good ." She rubbed the top of her own head.

"Oh no what? But everyone is different, you are going to have some that are less peaceful than the others." She once again made a small , playful , pout only to make a small 'ooh' sound. "I see now well you followed your feeling , and made your mother proud so maybe you have completed, just a thought of mine." She nodding as she started to list off things. "Herbs, Kita, Remas, maybe meeting someone new? Ah it was a small thought but I hope you find it quickly so it stops bothering you." She watched the other while coming back , eyes fixated on the braclet before blinking softly after sitting back down. "I like it, it is pretty but." Looks up at the clock and points at it, using my own finger to count. " I think another fifteen chimes left to go. I am sure it will be fine, I hope so too, besides it should not take too long to be checked over." She nodded firmly in assurance.
Xyva Zakris
Player

Words: 13395
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2021, 3:00 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on October 19th, 2021, 4:39 pm

"Adult learning?" Ari'Elling blinked for a few moments. "Here only academy I know. Academy only for young human." she said, shaking her head and sighing slightly. "I want go but too old for academy I think. Only see children." she shrugged as she spoke. "I have find people not in academy who have material. It hard." she shrugged before nodding. "Yes, all learn different. I learn by try. No learn through listen or look, I need try. You try learn through try?" she questioned, watching the kelvic, curious to see her answer. "Herb fish fruit? Maybe nice." Ari hummed and nodded at the woman, smiling slightly before shrugging. "When I try, I not like fishing. I will learn if need one day. If I leave Lhavit I will learn so I help gather food." she hummed and shrugged.

“A little hurt often not good. You take more care. You stay well better. Little hurt okay but not all time. Need time where not injured.” she sighed and shook her head before smiling. “I thank. You must have patience. I maybe take long time…”

As the woman said it must have been both terrifying and exciting Ari shrugged. "It long dead. It die at see and wash up. It smell bad, in mouth worse." she sighed and shook her head at the memory. "I wanted bone or teeth but too hard. Need stronger." she explained, before the woman said that she couldn't swim. "I swim. Swim easy for me. I maybe teach you one day?" she offered, only half meaning it. although the feeling of having someone to speak to was a pleasant one. It made a good change from being alone almost all of the time. "Yes, too danger. And they okay. Don't too much and all well."

"Depend if can read writing. Some writing different letter. Some harder to read." she sighed slightly as she spoke. "Father on Mura thirty years but he not know speak Kontinese. Mother say he try, I think he no try. Mother translate him many time." she sighed and shook her head before the discussion went back to leaving Lhavit. "Yes, no trust for world outside." she nodded as she spoke. "Yes, bad run, lose breath. When swim easy breath, but run can't fast or breath."

Ari nodded briefly as the woman said she wanted to see the weapon, and so she hummed. "I see if can get. Hard get out Mura, maybe I find one." she sighed, keeping her eyes down still and nodding as the woman spoke of being alone together.

She blinked in surprise and the womans reaction, not having expected it. The woman appeared to be shocked by it, though Ari was certain that there were races that lived much, much longer. "Questions? I no know how answer many. I bad knowledge. I no listen when child." she chuckled slightly at the thought before she looked at the woman. "I not know magic but maybe one help? Maybe towers help? Or maybe gods help? Pray?" she offered the suggestion, not sure if there was a god that would be able to help.

"Yes, but Konti make Konti, Akalak make Akalak, so only Konti or Akalak." she explained. "Many Konti brother Akalak. Other race not same mother." she tried to explained before she thought. "I know it on coast but not know more. Maybe waterfall? Maybe river? Mura have lake. Big lake. Pretty. Precious." she explained taking a break before thinking. "All language hard. Maybe learn young if try. Hard learn when know one language." she tried to say before shaking her head. "Barely sentence, know words but not order or how change things properly."

"Mmm home is people. If people not somewhere then not home." Ari tried to explain before shaking her head slightly. "Mother gone, father gone, nobody there so no home there." she explained, nodding slightly as she did so. "Hope Lhavit be new home. Meet people, choose family, make home. Be nice to do. But need try meet people to make family." she hummed softly.
"Nnn I guess. I forgot, Pebble cat. Pebble like play when I like sleep." she chuckled slightly before shaking her head and thinking about Lhavit. "Night time here so pretty. Place to visit?" she paused for a moment before shrugging. "I not know much, but library good if like to read. You need tell knowledge first, but they give a stone you use to enter." she hummed and nodded.

Ari listened carefully, shrugging her shoulders and nodding slightly. “I guess but feel too different. Some different but still pretend fit. I think I don’t can…” she sighed slightly, a brief pout on her face, before she nodded again. “Maybe, I don’t know. I feel it may feel different, but not feel yet.”
She heard the woman’s words and blinked in confusion for a few moments before looking to her wrist again. “Oh, it mother. They sent it to me season ago.” she said calmly, pulling her sleeve down her wrist to cover it and stop talking about it. “I think call when your time. Won’t not tell.”

Thinking to herself she began to realise that a lot of time had passed and she looked towards the entrance, seeing the colour of the sky beginning to change. "Ah shyke- sorry..." she interrupted herself quickly. "I not realise how time pass. I have deliver to do and you need see doctor. Maybe we hope meet again and keep talking then?" she offered. "I not want keep you and doctor too long. You need get out and home before dusk rest so can wake up and enjoy night." she nodded as she spoke. "I work Healing Hands on Zintia if need find. I help with medicine too? Or help with find health herbs?" she offered a hand to the woman to shake as a farewell as she stood up getting ready to go deliver the rest of the herbs, one bunch to someone at the orphanage and the other to someone in the Solar Wind Apartments.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous