Closed Herbal Delivery

[Xyva]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on September 28th, 2021, 9:55 am

5th Fall, 521AV

Ari'Ellin stood at the entrance of the Catholicon, a basket of herbs in her hand that Kita had been intending on bring herself, but as Ari's shift had finished, she had offered to take it for Kita, rather than letting the woman be pulled away from the mass of herbs that she was so carefully preparing.

Humming to herself she looked up at the building, admiring how beautiful the building was. She doubted that any newcomer to Lhavit would be able to tell that the building was a medical facility. It was one of the most impressive buildings that she had seen before.

Shaking her head, she made her way into the building, spotting the reception and walking up to the woman that seemed to be in charge of the room.

"How can I help you?" the woman asked, her voice tired, as though she was nearing the end of a stressful day.

"I... Kita..." she stammered out at first, before taking a moment to just breathe before trying again. "Kita from Healing Herbs sent, I herbs." she offered, gesturing to the basket and seeing the relief on the womans face.

"Oh brilliant, we should have had enough of these but something must be in the air, we ended up running out." the woman said, calling a nurse over who gratefully took the basket from Ari'Ellin and gave her a handful of coins before she disappeared down the hall into another room.

"Yes, Kita said trouble. Not trouble but less than trouble..." she tried to explain before shaking her head again and sighing. "It not bad sick? Easy sick?" she questioned and for a few moments the woman looked confused before smiling and shaking her head.

"No not at all, it runs it's course naturally, but children and the elderly can have worse symptoms, so we like to ease their pain a little." the woman explained and Ari'Ellin nodded, fidgetting slightly as she glanced around.

"Ah, ok. One more question?" she asked, waiting for the woman to nod and smile before she continued. "How often should see doctor? Should see doctor when not sick?" she questioned, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"Of course, our doctors do just do regular checkups too. We'd normally recommend yearly, even if you don't feel sick or unwell. These checkups are usually use 2 kina if your interested?" the woman offered and Ari'Ellin nodded.

"Oh, okay. I will think. I come back soon, probably?" she asked, turning to leave the reception.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on September 28th, 2021, 10:22 am

5th Fall, 521 AV

Absolutely amazing, was the first thing that came to her mind upon seeing the Catholicon, truthfully she had not visited the medical facility yet as it was the last location on her list , surprisingly, but yet it was worth it. The scenary around the building was , to say amazing would be an understatement, including the building itself.

She looked around her , her beady eyes catching different bugs which made her lick her lips only to watch people both enter and exit the location, with a shrug she made her way towards the entrance door , her fingers tracing the building in curiousity and in awe , before walking in and frowning slightly . She had found herself in a hospital, which then, found herself walking over and talking to the Receptionist."Hello , can I see doctor? I have a small problem."
The recptionist nodded before guiding Xyva to a seat. "Sure, they won't be too long."

After taking a seat and waiting, once again she looked around before noticing an unknown person with herbs in their hand, once again licking her lips and patted her own pants, screwing her face up when she realised she did not bring anything. "Hey , hey ! Person with herbs , come over here for a moment, please let me take a look at your herbs." Her talon like finger pointing towards the other.

She managed a small sigh upon seeing the other head towards the exit, herbs was only part of the question, perhaps she would know more of the building, but then again, despite being in awe, learning was disinteresting to Xyva that the sunk down more into her chair , her hands placed carefully ontop of her head , yet her small beady eyes did leave the other , she wasn't watching to make the other uncomfortable but as an attempt to bring her over to her location instead of leaving the building.
Xyva Zakris
Player

Words: 13395
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2021, 3:00 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on September 29th, 2021, 4:59 am

5th Fall 521AV

She was almost completely absorbed into her own thoughts as she walked towards the exit before hearing a voice from a woman, calling her over. Ari rolled her eyes slightly as she debated it, before making her way to the woman.

"These not sale, you know? I deliver for Kita. Already taken." she said, her voice calm but stubborn as she knew that there was no chance that she would risk disappointing her employer. She kept her light blue eyes focused on the seated woman and furrowed her brow, the few peach tones scales on her forehead shimmering slightly with flecks of light blue as they moved in the light. "You need herbs I know where get, but not need here." she explained, curious as to why the woman was interested in herbs when she was already at the hospital.

She looked at the woman more closely, looking at her long dark hair and her light skin which seemed both smooth and rough at the same time. The woman appeared to be human, though looking at her eyes unnerved Ari'Ellin slightly, noticing how beady her dark, focused eyes were.

"Here they have herb now, if they need herbs use to you, they have them to use here. You just need money, I think..." she trailed off slightly as she spoke, a thought in her mind drawing her attention away from speaking for a few moments. She was fairly certain that they would only require payment in the form of money, though other places she wasn't sure of. Were there places that needed you to bring something to use in the medicine?

Sighing she shook her head to push the thought out of her mind so she could focus more and she took a seat next to woman, realising that the accent she spoke with seemed slightly different to how the native Lhavitians spoke. "Not here from? You home is somewhere else, yes? Where?" she questioned shaking her head. "I from Mura. Went here... 4 years?" she took the time to try to work out. She was certain she'd arrived in the Fall of 517AV, but the exact date she couldn't really remember anymore. She couldn't even really remember the date that she had left her life in Mura to see where else she could possibly help out.

She chewed on the inside of her cheek, unsure of what emotion she was truly feeling, as she pushed the thoughts away and instead offered a webbed hand to the woman. "Ari'Ellin. People call I Ari. Your name?" she said calmly, glancing around the reception area. "You no look too sick? Injury? Or just worry?" she questioned, adding to the bombardment of questions she'd already thrown at the possibly human woman.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on September 29th, 2021, 6:11 am

5th fall, 521 AV

A small sigh of releif yet also a small smile appeared upon her face, seeing the other change direction and head towards her,perhaps in the future, if things go well , Xyva may no longer be alone. She opened then closed her mouth slightly towards her words. "I had no intention to buy, believe me, I like how healthy herb look. So I wanted closer look, maybe someone to talk to too." She frowned a little timidly towards the other only to gently scratch her head, with her talon like finger , somewhat taking note at how pretty the others shine colours where and at a bug else where."you take me there, one day?" She tilted her head in curiousity, only to smile excitedly at the others words, her eyes squinting along, turning bird like. Her talon like finger , once again gently pointing towards the other."you have pretty colours, I sorry I mentioned it." Her lower lip becoming bitten at the thought of sudden offence it might have caused. "I mean in nice way, I like." She softly hummed before playfully screwing up her nose.

Money to have a herbal treatment? Her head suddenly turned to look at the other, somewhat laughing timidly as to how broke Xyva is. "I understand but not needing herb , I hope not, I just go for checking up." She nodded before frowning a little. "You here for Kita ? That is nice, but you getting a check up too?" She was curious about this lady with herbs but eventually waved her hand around dismissively and we t back to contemplating where this person could possibly be from.

Once again she found her mouth opened sightly, for she was right, she was not a native Lhavitian but she also noticed that even the other was not a native, the question come to her own surprise, could she possibly be reading Xyva's mind. "You are not from here either, me from Zeltiva , how about you? I come here two years ago." She looked around, her beady eyes once again squinting before she leaned over to the other, to whisper a little. "I been here half my life, so two years. And never been to this building before." She nodded a little towards the other before sitting upright again , only to stretch a little.

Rubbing her nose she looked down at her hand , her beady eyes somewhat being wider then usual at the sudden sight of her hand only to look up at her, questions quickly flooding her mind. "You are a fish? Nl maybe a Kelvic too? Ah no I should not make assumptions." She took the others webbed hand with her own rough, talon like hand and gave it a small shake. "You are the first I met, I not forget name, I Xyva, Xyva Zakris." She blinked her eyes one at a time before answering her. "Aske away I do not mind, as long as no education questions, a little injury but it is ok and small check up, important staying healthy." She looked down and slowly took her hand away, upon noticing that , from a simple handshake, it became a hand holding moment."sorry, I forgot we holdinf hands." She frowned again , somewhat taking up the others scent of herbs and slight seafood, fish scent, making her lick her lips, she after all had not eaten in a while.
Xyva Zakris
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on September 29th, 2021, 1:42 pm

5th Fall 521AV

She heard the sigh from the other woman and noticed the slight smile and Ari found herself furrowing her brow more. "I see poison herb look better. More color, nicer shape. Medicine herb look plain, boring." she explained. Of course she loved the medicinal herbs, but they really weren't much to look at.

"Take you there? Of course. Summer best time in parks to see. Otherwise shop better. Healing Hands good shop. Lots herbs, lots plants, lots medicine made. I make some. I need learn philter though." the womans next words took her aback as she mentioned 'pretty colours'. "I-" she started, before looking at the scales on the back of her hand and humming slightly. "These? All Konti have. Different though. Some pink, green, purple?" she hummed. "Scales from Avalis."

The womans next words made her nod, causing her to calm slightly, glad to here that the woman was just here for a checkup, that nothing too bad was happening. Then she turned the question on her. "No, not today. I more thing do. I go buy thing. Want learn hunt, but first need weapon. Maybe the bow you hold this?" she hummed, demonstrating how she thought a crossbow was held. "I checkup other day, soon but not now."

As the woman spoke she hummed, grinning slightly as she heard that the woman was from Zeltiva. "Zeltiva? That east yes? Long way, like Mura. Mura different. Mura small land, big water!" she tried to explain, unable to remember the exact word for the place but trying her best to describe it so that the woman could understand. "Two years? Half life? So... you are four?" she questioned, her brow furrowing more as she looked at the woman. "You look older. Not four, look twenty?" she questioned the womans age. "I come for Kita. Never more."

She kept glancing around the room, looking over everyone's faces to see if there was anyone she recognised, not that she knew many people in Lhavit. Then came the womans words and she furrowed her brow in curiosity. Fish? Kelvic? Too?
Too?... So you are Kelvic?" she questioned before shaking her head. "No, no Kelvic. I Konti." she stated with a slight smile. "From Mura, most Mura is Konti." she explained before thinking and furrowing her brow again. "Can Kelvic be fish? I only heard bird and... land thing, like bear, wolf, cat..." she trailed off, unable to remember the common word for it, instead switching to her native Kontinese. "Mammal."
As the woman gave her name and explained that she had a small injury that was okay, Ari looked her up and down more, trying to spot where the other woman's injury was but not managing to see.
Instead of giving up however, she closed her eyes briefly, trying to focus all of her energy - all of her djed - into her eyes before opening them, paying attention to the womans faint aura, and how the colours around her moved and changed, though still her auristics couldn't even tell her where the woman was injured so she frowned slightly, shaking her head.

Finally the woman mentioned that they were still holding hands and Ari frowned more, hurriedly letting go, shaking her hand a few times. "It's okay. Sorry, not like touch. Feel strange- everyone feel strange." she stated, hurriedly correcting herself so she didn't risk offending the woman.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on September 30th, 2021, 8:07 am

5th Fall, 521 AV

"Poison herb look better? Well now that you said that at least I will be able to notice which ones to not eat, but even still I do like the look of this herb, what is it's name? Ah sorry for all the questions, I hope I am not sounding boring." She mumbled slightly only to make a soft squeak. "See I am trying to find something , a herb that will go well with meat but, with so many herbs, it is hard to choose. So I am looking for ideas , well even if my cooking skills are poor." She cracked into loud laughter , only to suddenly stop due to the echoing waiting room of the hospital.

Listening to the other talk, she leant back into her chair, somewhat daydreaming at the thought of a store filled top to bottom with herbs , her dark eye twinkled in the sunlight in excitement. "Oh , healing hands? Another place I have not yet been, but please do in the summer time, you know really, herbs and some freedom in the large place would be a beautiful idea. It is a deal, and maybe one day, I can take you hunting so we are even hm?" She looked at the other in curiousity, once again enjoying the colours the scales provided in the daylight. "Oh Avalis, I see now, well I really do like it I , wait Konti? I apologise for my poor Kontinese now. But I can imagine the prettiness of seeing all the Konti's together." She managed a small sigh in content at the thought.

She became slightly startled at the next few questions, once again giving off a small laughter. "Oh buy thing? Shopping? That is always fun, you want to learn to hunt?" She watched her before humming, only to stand up , shaking her head. "Stand up , I show proper stance, but you are very close though. However with your stance, your arrow will go nowhere." She nodded and looked at her , once again , up and down and giving a sigh in releif. "Oh good, glad you are ok."

She became slightly taken aback at seeing the other grinning , causing her to suddenly become cautious as to weather that grin was not for a good thing. "Ah yes, the East, very nice place despite what it is seems, and plenty of humans. Oh, big water? Plenty of fish?" She looked at her in curiousity , humming slightly before puffing out my cheeks. "Ah I am four in animal form , but about early twenties in human form, so you are not wrong. But I am curious now, how old are you? You look the same age." She screwed up her nose again before rubbing it. "Ah Kita, sounds like an amazing person, wait Kita is helping hands lady correct? I saw it on a sign."

While humming she stuck her finger close to her own eye only to look at the other again , puffing her cheeks out and bit her lower lip, contemplating if she accidentally offended her due to the others frown. She placed her head into her hands only to think slightly and shrugged as to say, well why not try again , before whispering slightly timidly so only the other could hear her poor Kontinese, "you Mura , konti, I understand. Mammal yes, bird too." She sighed before going back to common speech upon finding it a little bit too hard right now. "I am sorry , I did try but I cannot embarrass myself with poor language. But I do wish fish could be Kelvic too." She became slightly startled at the other suddenly intense stare, shivering a litltle before giving a small cough and covers her mouth. "Oh dear , sorry about that."

Technically the other was not wrong, the sense of touch was a new experience to her, obviously for different reasons, she was somewhat glad that the sense of touch was not one liked by someone else too. "It is alright , I can assure you , but I will say your hand did feel soft and somewhat squishy, I too do not like touch but , I did like your hand, oh no I didn't mean for this to sound creepy I swear." She buried her head into her hands and groaned a little. "I am still trying to word myself better, I am not the smartest person you will meet I am afraid."
Xyva Zakris
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on October 1st, 2021, 8:13 am

"Yes, poison herb poison, it can look nice. Not poison get eaten easier if pretty, so more plain. Not always. Need look at lot things, not just nice look." she tried to explain, shrugging her shoulders before hearing the womans next words. "Sorry, I no cook. I know medicine herb, but medicine herb not cook. Can be bad wrong use." she paused to think for a moment, searching through her mind to try to see if she could think of any herbs for meat. "I can look library for you? Not today but other day." she offered, tilting her head to look at the Kelvic.

"Yes, healing hands. It good place if not too sick. Hangover, eye wash, burn salve. We do. Checkups, bad illness, injury? We no can help. Just offer things for... what show sick. Often no work but try, then send here." she said, nodding to herself. Luckily she never usually had to deal with any customers. She doubted that they would trust her anyway, not with how she spoke and her lacking knowledge of the common language. She knew that the way she spoke people could easily tell that she wasn't so familiar with common yet, even if she was trying to improve.

Then the woman offered to take her hunting one day in return for showing plants in summer and Ari furrowed her brow, thinking it over before humming. "I no think I good hunter. Lhavit around too dangerous." she nodded before chuckling at the others words. "Trust, go Mura. Mura most Konti. Some Konti Riverfall too. Other place, not so many." she explained, shrugging her shoulders.

“Not hunt, just have way to keep safe. I have knife, but shoot better maybe.” she hummed before the woman stood up and Ari’s eyes widened. “Not here, too busy! Look strange! Stand out much!” she explained, before shaking her head. “I know man can sell and he give example. Then I practice on shore. Less people, easier see people.” she explained her plan, shrugging again before glancing around. “Please, sit again. People look.”

“Mmm yes lots fish. Some rare. Some we make weapon from. I don’t have weapon. I want mother weapon.” she hummed, going quiet for a few moments and fiddling with her thumbs, pushing her emotions to the back of her mind again. It had been almost a year since her mother had died, and she didn’t want to let it get to her anymore. Then she nodded, listening to the woman and nodding. “You young… I… I thirty five maybe? Konti live long though. And yes, Kita own healing hands. Kita son work healing hand too.” she explained, nodding as she spoke, mostly out of reflex.

She heard the woman’s attempt at Kontinese and Ari’s grin widened as she also stuck to Kontinese. “Have you been to Mura? How did you learn Kontinese? Sorry, I’m probably speaking too quickly.” she said, before shaking her head and going back to speaking Common again. “It okay. My common not good. I try learn. My dad speak common but he bad teach then he leave.” she stated before shrugging. “It strange, maybe are some fish ones?” she hummed before the woman coughed and Ari leant away from her. “That why here? You see doctor soon? I ask person?” she offered, gesturing to the receptionist.

She was a little uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat at the woman’s description of her hand. “I not smart too. But try better word.” she hummed, looking down at the ground. “Why come Lhavit?” she asked, trying to change the topic a little.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on October 2nd, 2021, 3:42 am

5th Fall, 521 AV

"Not always pretty but not always plain? Then I commend you for being able to understand which plant is which. I am indeed impressed." She went wide eyed, only to gently dismiss her slightly. "Hey do not worry about it, I do no need it now I am more than happy to wait , you know medicine herbs, ok I understand fully now, and though I do appreciate the thought of you looking." She paused for a moment, before suddenly getting a bright idea. "How does this sound, if you find me some herbs for cooking, I will give you half of what I cook, I know my cooking skills are bad but I can assure you that it is not too bad." She turned away shyly, as that was part of the truth. The other half being, she always cooked far too much, sure she could keep it for the next day but even she did not really trust her cooking that much.

She listened as to what was being listed out only to ponder. "So for minor injuries, we come to you, I understand I really do , thank you for giving me insight. But do you have anti-inflammatory herbs?" She thought it could not hurt but to ask , but if such a thing was not availble that was alright too, she only thought about the future to save her the possibility of avoiding this place even more. She looked around the place and even though Xyva knew no one, she was one to be gullible at times however she felt the need to trust this person, for reasons she was unaware about however, perhaps it was the knowledge she had for herbs and minor injuries. "Are you ok? Your facial expression has changed."

Once again she waved her arms around dismissively. "You are true, it is dangerous, however I know places less dangerous and I will make sure you do not get hurt, besides we will not go too far. Too it depends on the time of day and what you want , most animals come out at night, so setting up traps and of the such can happen during the day." She managed a soft laughter , once again her eyes focusing on a bug before coming back ." I mean not now, in the future of course, I have much more training to do , however I am not too bad with bow and arrows." She was not good with her words, after all she was not that educated only to make her ownself frown. "Sorry if I seem so sudden, I do not mean it , I just get excited at my thoughts and ideas." She sighed softly, only to shake her head, partially ashamed of her ownself. "Mura has most Konti you say? I will keep that in mind, I could use another Kontinese lesson and maybe , when I get better, we can speak Kontinese instead of common? " she tilted her head slightly , in wonder, if the other would like that idea, if not then she would not mind helping her at times with the common language.

She laughed at seeing the others , almost horror like, expression before sitting down. "Standing out too much is fun sometimes but that is true, I did feel silly just then. You want to keep safe and no hunting ? I see." She thought for a moment before humming a little. "If you do not trust me right now that is fine, however , truely when you do feel comfortable just maybe I can help you with keeping safe and teach you somethings?" She looked at the other, this time with her beady eyes squinging in a warmly manner.

She blinked with her mouth opened slightly, trying to figure a weapon made of fish. "You have me intrigued now, a weapon made from fish? Absolutely amazing! You want mother weapon?" She looked at the other in curiousity, surely to hunt for this 'mother weapon' should not be too hard , however what did this mother weapon look like , was the biggest problem. Only to watch her go quiet but decided not to press into the situation as to make her uncomfortable was something she did not want. " I am young? THI ... thiry five? No way you look like a teenager. Ah Kelvic do not live for long I am afraid. But we can try and live our best lives true? Well they sound like nice people, maybe I will meet them one day." She contemplated once again.

She shook her head sadly before watching her expression become bright. Only to speak a little Kontinese once again. "No Mura go, I met Mura Konti before two times, could not handle , me impatient, they give up. From Zeltiva journey to Lhavit. But dark, did not see pretty colour in sun. Little quick yes, sorry I speak common too quick also." She shook her head, getting a little frustrated that she emitted a sigh , only to speak common once again. " common is not too bad but surprisingly you are not too bad at it, you can speak sentences but a little more learning and you will get there, I am impressed though. Her laughter was some sort of a giggle at the thought of a fish kelvic , only to shake her head. "Sadly no fish, but it would be a nice thought." She lowered her head apologetically at the cough. "Yes, a little bit why I am here, but honestly I came here to explore the building, it looks ancient in my eyes and I do like old things. Sometimes." She merely shook her head, as much as she appreciated the offer , she decline. "I am ok but thank you, I can wait, I have nothing better to do, other people more hurt so I let them get tendered to first." She suddenly went wide eyed. "I am sorry too for taking up your time, especially if you are busy, I got too side tracked for some company I didn't think about your schedule, sorry I truely am." She screwed up her nose and shook her head slightly, once again.

She nodded in understanding before biting her tongue , the question finally came up but she rubbed her nose, trying to think . "Journey and exploration really. There is another reason, but if people found out, I might be shunned out." She leant over and whispered. "Trying to find who killed both my parents. However I completely forgot about it once I saw Lhavit's beautiful scenery, so I live in caution now and putting that being me, however with that being said, if I find the person who... I would have a word.I want revenge ." Her face turned to one of anger , only to breathe in deeply and it went back to the normal ,warming expression,her voice going back to normal."however I live in peace now, so I am enjoying that as much as I can and with little money too, and I am surprised as to how easy it is." She frowned a little , in curiousity as to the others presence. "But now you have me curious, why Lhavit and not Mura for you?" She tilted her head in curiousity.
Xyva Zakris
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Herbal Delivery

Postby Ari'Ellin on October 3rd, 2021, 7:56 pm

"I not know all yet. I learn still. I stay what know, and read to learn more. Leaf shape can mean bad but I need look more. Then aswell, medicine herb can be poison herb too. Root, leaf, berry, all can different." she shrugged as she spoke, shaking her head. "Hard know, how people find first, I don't know." then she listened to the woman, nodding slightly before chuckling. "I find herb, you cook food? Mmm okay." she agreed, nodding at the woman. Ari usually ended up eating at one of the inns or the cafes throughout the city, and she'd never learnt to cook herself, so the idea of someone cooking for her was a pleasant one.

Nodding, Ari smiled slightly. "Yes, cuts, bruises, not deep, we do." she agreed nodding before going quiet and thinking for a moment... "Anti... Anti-inflammatory? Inflammation red and swell, yes?" she questioned, trying to remember what she'd been told. "Mint, ginger. Good for red swollen. In and out." she said, trying to give some sort of answer. "I need learn philter. Make things stronger. Work better." she nodded to herself.

"I okay, just think. My face change when think." she explained, glancing around before listening again, listening as the woman claimed to know places less dangerous and Ari sighed, shaking her head. "Unforgiving called unforgiving. Not like wild place in Mura or around Zeltiva. Even less dangerous place still too dangerous. Going to river for water very danger." she explained, sighing slightly. "Setting traps could be good. But in park or beach, not in Unforgiving." she said, trying to keep calm as she responded to the woman. The Unforgiving scared her, that much was probably obvious to the other woman. She'd heard rumours that the mountains and valleys made it easy to get lost, whilst also making it harder to hide or run away from anything that could hurt you.

As the woman apologised, Ari couldn't help but shake her head slightly. "It okay. I do same. Just not best place here. Other people are sick, need less distract." she shrugged and tried to explain before she nodded. "Yes, most Konti Mura. Lesson? I not good teach. I struggle too much teach." she sighed slightly before thinking. "Not I don't trust you, I don't trust out Lhavit. Too danger, not safe without lot of people. Need people slower." she started, before a slight smirk spread across her face. "Don't need be fastest, just not slowest."

Then she thought, trying to remember the animal that the Suvai were from before she shook head. "Not quite fish, but in water. It have sharp part, and sharp part make weapon." she explained, trying to think more before shaking her head and shrugging. "Sorry, I no have one, I not sure." she hummed softly before the woman responded to her age with shock, causing Ari to blink a few times. "Yes, thirty-five. Kelvic no live longer? All Kelvic or some different? You all different from each other, more different than other people. Is everyone same? Any way make live long?" she asked, tilting her head and watching her.

Ari grinned, listening to the woman more, nodding at her as the conversation turned to languages. "I work on common. I better at common than Tukant. Tukant I only know words. Small words, like dog, cat, sword, food. Some Akalak come Mura often. They speak common or Kontinese most, but they try teach Tukant sometime. I not good. With common I make sentence, know small grammar, I still lot learn but I keep learn." she explained before shrugging.

"Big nice building, look like people with money home. Important family. Will not think to heal." she hummed as she glanced around. "All Lhavit pretty. 'Diamond of Kalea' and easy see why." she hummed. "It not Mura but it can be good home." she mused out loud with her thoughts of her home and how Lhavit was gradually becoming what she saw as her home. "If sure? We can ask how long? Do not worry, I okay, day is young. If too far into rest, I go sleep two hours before place open again." she hummed. "Equal time day and night good, we see all part of day."

Ari blinked and furrowed her brow. "You follow killer Zeltiva Lhavit? Long way. They come here?" she questioned, then as the woman claimed that they'd forgot such a goal made Ari frown. "How forget? Lhavit pretty but nowhere pretty that make forgot such thing. You forget, or feel more ease?" she questioned, trying to work out if she'd misunderstood before the girl questioned why she'd left Mura.

"Mura I feel too strange. Konti peaceful, I want be peaceful but feel less peaceful. More stand out." she hummed. "After father go, I try help mother, make her happy, and some work. Then I have feeling telling me I go somewhere else. Mother say she had same when younger, and I need follow. So I follow feeling here. I not know why. Maybe one day I know, not yet." she explained, trying to find the best way to describe.
"Sometimes Konti must answer call. I think it my call bring here, but I not know what call will feel like, or if Avalis says to face, but I came anyway." she hummed as she spoke, trying to think about what the call could really be. In reality Ari was just trying to survive and find out what her purpose was in life.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Herbal Delivery

Postby Xyva Zakris on October 5th, 2021, 9:10 am

5th Fall, 521 AV

"Learning is always a good thing, I need to learn too but it is boring and I get highly distracted a little too easy. Poison? No I think it is best if someone with knowledge came because if I eat the wrong thing." She shuddered at the though of eating the wrong thing and ended up being poisoned. "Sometimes it would be easier if harmless and poison looked completely different from each other. With that being said, what do you like to eat? I do not want to make something that you do not like." She made a small , delighted sound upon seeing the other persons facial expression become a happy one.

"Well I might have to come and visit sometimes you know. Sometimes I do become injury prone." She nodded at the others description. " correct, red sometimes and swelling, it also feels warm or hot to touch if it is bad." Her talon like finger pressed against her own lips upon hearing the other listing off. "Ginger I might pass but I guess if it is needed I will make do, but mint too? Amazing. I do wish you well for learning Philter, I cannot wait to see and test out the better and stronger made things, I know you will do well." She nodded assuringly to the other in a positive manner.

She could not help but to provide a small laughter , "That is ok, everyones face changes when they think, sometimes people look worried when they think so thought I should ask." The unforgiving only made her shake her head , she ,herself, wanted to explore that area by flying over however even the risk is far too much considering what she could see with her bird eyes in her bird form. "Worry not I would never go towards unforgiving , far too dangerous and scares me. Very danger unless you are prepared though but perhaps you are right. " she contemplated on it for a moment. "How about I show you how to set traps at the beach , if we are lucky we might catch a fish or crab to eat , I mean if that is your food taste." She shook her own head once again , the unforgiving was a place of danger that even she would avoid no matter what. "The unforging might have food but truthfully it is one place I seriously would not go." She blinked her beady eyes only to gently place a hand on the others shoulder as an attempt to let her know that it is alright and that she was safe. "Please try to not worry , and settle down else we will need to give you herbs or something to settle you down." Her voice slightly in concern upon noticing the others fear.

She chuckled nervously before rubbing the back of her neck, looking around a little upon seeing the others. "Oops sorry but thats true, they need to rest and become healthy without being distracted." She scratched her own cheek while listening. "Ah that makes sense, I will indeed take a visit one day , no do not worry , I will eventually learn Kontinese, it is on a to do list, plus not too hard to pick up a word or two every now and then. So you need not to worry about teaching." She beamed with a small squint to her beady black eyes . "Oh you do not trust people out of Lhavit? And you only trust a small amount of people?" She became slightly taken aback at the sudden smirk, thinking as hard as she could as to why she was smirking. "Do not be slow but do not be quick, try to get in the middle somewhat?" Seems challenging but it was one that she would take.

She folded her arms before attempting to think of what these , so called fish, would look like, but considering they had a sharp part , her curiousity turned into one of a shudder at the thought. "Well that is handy and convenient to be able to be making weapons, but if these look like fish, what would be their meat be like , tasty?" She looked over at you in curiousity , screwing up her nose once again. "No that is fine, you have no one , I am sorry , I am the same too so I can understand." She pursed her lips timidly before softly making a peeping sound , replying softly to the other. "But you look like a teenager in honesty. Try to live longer by keeping healthy and injury free if possible. Perhaps we do, after all we all have different animals and different life spans. So very much we can do our best to enjoy life the best we can, it is different for everyone too." She made a small chuckle only to smile at the other in reassurance. "And that is partially why I am here, got to keep myself healthy."

She made a small surprised look on her face before humming a little. "You doing well, but Tukant though." She shook her head. "Sadly I cannot grasp Tukant, but you do know some words so at least you can ask for certain things so it is a start. You know it is always exciting when someone from other places come to visit, however it is always best to be wary too of course. I mean you do have a long way but a word here and there and eventually you can speak , things take time and everyone learns in there own pace." Once again she made a small sigh.

She nodded in agreeance towards the other. "Exactly what I thought, nice place but never expected it to be a hospital." She made another soft peep in agreeance towards the others words. "As soon as you arrive, your mind becomes amazed upon seeing everything , and they do not lie when they say diamond." She took a deep breath with a sigh of happiness as she breathed out. "True, home will always be home , however Lhavit makes it so ... what is that word I am thinking of." She frowned upon trying to think of said word only to shrug when it did not come to her. "I am positive , maybe I should enquire at least. That is true too, I do not usually follow the time I know to sleep when it is dark though. You sleep for two hours if you rest too much. Amazing! " her face turned to one of amazement and somewhat cheek before shaking her head. "Fair play too that we see day and night in equality , night time too , stars pretty."

A long distance was right , she leant back into her chair and stared at the ceiling once again . "I did yes, but I do not know if they did come here or not . I do not know where they came from or even if they are still alive. They left a peice of paper with the word ' Lhavit' written upon it, however once I arrived I was amazed and felt a sense of calm being here, sure I am still cautious however the peaceful look of the city. I mean the beauty of the city, when I first arrived eased me so I completely forgot my main reason for coming here , until now." Her talon like fingers, once again tapping her lips in a thoughtful like manner.

"You feel like you will stand out if you are less peaceful?" She frowned a little , perhaps she misunderstood the other. "Oh you mean that in Mura you where not as peaceful as the others?" She raised her finger with understanding. "You went to help Mother, but had an instinct to go elsewhere and you followed your instinct." She tilted her head in curiousity. "The call is indeed a mysterious thing, however though , one should follow the call as long as it does not put them in danger, either way , perhaps you coming to Lhavit was for a good reason. Maybe herb , Kita and her son are you calling ?" She rubbed her chin in a thought while humming.

She was slowly turning impatient before standing back up again ."you are right, I go check to see how much longer I have to wait." She made her way to the reception to ask , before coming back to sit down about five minutes later. "They said I have thirty minutes to wait , so until then , I am all yours to poke and prod with questions." She chuckled before stretching once again.
Xyva Zakris
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next