Kelvic age, flashbacks, and more!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Larina on March 20th, 2011, 1:22 am

Hey all! I am well underway in creating my very first character here in Mizahar. Larina is a Kelvic, and as I was trying to map out her back story I realized that I have no idea how old she would be. In human years, I want her to be around 25. At first I figured...Kelvics live to be roughly 40 and humans roughly 80, so Larina should be around 12 or 13. But then I started reading other character sheets and realized that Kelvics hit sexual maturity at age 1, meaning they age rapidly at birth. Does this mean Larina is closer to 5 or 6 Kelvic years? I would normally guess, but this would really limit Larina's time line so every year counts.

Next up, flashbacks. I have some really awesome ideas in mind for Larina's back story, but I'm not too sure how they work. Do you keep one thread open for all of your flashbacks? Or rather...Open a thread, take a jog down memory lane, and then close it? Also, it would be really wonderful if someone could give me a link to a flashback sequence that was really well executed so that I can pick up some tips on formatting.

One last thing, I would like to run my character's history by someone. There is a prominent character in her back story that wields considerable power, and I would like a green light on this person before I actually go writing her into existence. So if anybody can point me in the right direction as to who to go see, that would be wonderful!
Larina
A Thread in the Tapestry

Words: 73122
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 4:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ronin on March 20th, 2011, 1:48 am

Usually people are encouraged to read the lore to find the answers to these questions so I will provide you with links to all the lore pages in addition to short answers. Please read the pages.

From reading the Kelvic lore page, it seems like 9-10 years old would be appropriate. However, I do not have a Kelvic character, so my understanding of them is limited. Someone else may be better at answer this question. And here is the lore page - Kelvic

As for flashbacks, each one is done it its own thread. They can be done alone or with other people who were there at the same time. Flashback page - Flashback

For the last question there is no specific lore page since I don't know what exactly your history is. However, if you think you might need approval for your character history you can post it in the Help Desk and ask the founders about it.
Here is the lore page for the Help Desk, it discusses the rules of the help desk and such - Help Desk

I hope that helps :) You can post more questions here or PM me if you need to know more. However, searching the lore can answer a lot of questions.
Ronin
The Pansy who talks like a Dandy

Words: 117946
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Ariel on March 20th, 2011, 2:02 am

Hey Larina, if your pc was 12-13 she'd be very old or dead, if you want her to be 23, or 24 in appearance, then she'd likely be 3.5 yrs old because of the rapid rate a kelvic wolf would age. (I think you mentioned wanting a wolf).

As for flashbacks, there's nothing too special about them, except they take place in the past. Ronin linked you so I shall move on.

As for the history, you may want to post in the Help Desk or ask a DS or higher. They would know. Although, they will probably just point you to Goss and the help desk.

Hope that helps,

Ariel
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ronin on March 20th, 2011, 3:06 am

Listen to Ariel. She knows much better than I :D
Ronin
The Pansy who talks like a Dandy

Words: 117946
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Larina on March 20th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Thanks for the help! I knew that Kelvic's aged fast, but I was just unsure about how quickly that actually was. Good to know!

I'm still making my way through the lore (It's so dang big!), and knowing me, I'll probably have more questions cropping up before I actually dig into playing.
Larina
A Thread in the Tapestry

Words: 73122
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 4:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet