[Mura's OOC Thread] Suggestions, Ideas, Plotnotes & Updates!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

[Mura's OOC Thread] Suggestions, Ideas, Plotnotes & Updates!

Postby Gossamer on May 11th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Okay! Here's the thread for discussions on all things Mura. Feel free to post here, submit your ideas, suggestions, questions, clarifications, or gripes! This thread will be taken down/deleted upon opening of the game to be replaced by a new OOC thread for the players. Until then, there's no reason not to do the development within the city forums in terms of plotting threads.

First off... the look. Mura is going to be a 000040 dark blue bordered city with lots of blues, pinks, and pale whites. Its the White Isle, so I want to reflect that. Its filled with seers, healers, and those faithful to the three God/desses that tend to reside here - Avalvis (Divination/seers), Laviku (Sea), and Rak'keli (Healing). Avalis and Rak'keli are faternal sisters while Laviku is Avalis' mate.

So far I have The Opal Order as a faction - spawned locations are the Opal Temple (their HQ), The Medical Library (part of the OT/OO), and I'll have Silver Lake, a place of vision water.

If anyone has any suggestions for this city... its going to be girly girl... let me know or post here.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: [Mura's OOC Thread] Suggestions, Ideas, Plotnotes!

Postby Alice on October 18th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Update as of 10/18/09!

As you might already have noticed, Mura has a new Domain Storyteller! I'm still in the construction and idea phase, but I'm determined to serve everyone of you, the players, appropriately.

For the time being, I'm busy with writing up the locations from the linkmap. If you want to take a look at some first drafts, here's the thread. I will post up the first finished ones in a few days, hopefully. Everyone who wants to voice suggestions, ideas or questions - feel free to do so! Let me know what your view of Mura is. If you like, talk about your own location ideas.

In other news, I will be most active on the weekends. Please understand that RL consumes the majority of my time. However, I will be able to reply to PMs and get organizational stuff such as starting packages done during the week.

Okay, apart from that there's really nothing to mention that Goss didn't already mention. This thread will be replaced by a new OOC thread as soon as all basic locations are finished.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Re: [Mura's OOC Thread] Suggestions, Ideas, Plotnotes!

Postby Alice on November 1st, 2009, 6:02 pm

Update as of 11/01/09!

As you can see I'm not very active, although I want to get the locations going as soon as possible.

I blame real life firstly, and personal projects secondly. Most of you know that the NaNoWriMo has started today, and writing my novel is something very important for me. Additionally, November is one of the busiest months at school with first exams taking place and such, for which I have to study.

So, I know this isn't really an excuse, but I'm sorry for letting all of you wait so long! I will try to get the locations done and post. (I can't decide which one takes top priority, so I'll try to balance it.)

Thanks a lot for your patience!

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Re: [Mura's OOC Thread] Suggestions, Ideas, Plotnotes & Updates!

Postby Alice on November 29th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Update as of 11/29/09!

Once again I apologize for posting to your threads and writing up locations so slowly. I'd like to do it faster, much faster, but my creativity needs a break after that crazy month of writing ...

However, there's good news too: From now on I'll have more time for Mizahar and Mura! So stay tuned for the rest of the locations being written and posted! Also, if you find anything that looks strange on your browser (specifically pictures) or doesn't work, please contact me! You can also talk to me about locations you'd like to see available and we can work something out if you like.

My goal would be to have all locations written up and a real OOC thread by the end of this month.

Oh, and although you can't see it at first sight, some of the locations at the linkmap are now linked to their threads. (Naturally those that are already posted.)

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on January 1st, 2010, 6:33 pm

Update as of 1/1/10!

It would be very appreciated if you take the time to read through and post your thoughts on this thread. Since you, the players, are the power that makes Mura come alive, I think you should help shaping the city information too!

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on January 9th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Update as of 01/09/10!

So, I'm back to school and as a result, my posting speed is going to suffer. In January it is actually going to suffer a lot because it's the end of the first semester and I want to make sure that I get grades I'm satisfied with ... I try to post to active threads as quickly as possible and write up some more locations, but I won't be able to work on the city description (except if I really really want to).

If I haven't posted to your thread for longer than two weeks, feel free to poke me via PM to Alice or even my PC account! It's possible that I've just forgotten about it! Please take care and be patient, I try my best, but I'm really sorry if I cause inconveniences.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on February 8th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Update as of 02/08/10!

Fortunately the last exams are over, and in four days I'm going to dive into a whole week away from school! This means that I'm going to start being more active again. My bad conscience for letting threads and locations sit for such long times is bigger than you can probably imagine ... But I'm trying to improve. I'll have more free time from now on.

Just bear with me if I sound a bit dried out and tired for the next few days. I may not get anything done and I think that I shouldn't force anything, but rather recover and allow my body and mind to recharge my batteries. In a few days, however, I'll be back in action with faster replies, new locations and hopefully a few updates in the draft of the city description!

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on February 16th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Update as of 02/17/10!

After several days of intensive work I have eventually finished the Mura wiki article which is here: Mura. I hope that this provides everything a player or potential player in this lovely city needs to know.

Please let me know if you find anything missing or have ideas for expansions. Thank you!

And thank you all for motivating and supporting me at getting this done!

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on February 24th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Update as of 02/24/10!

I haven't had access to the Internet for the last three days, because there has been a problem with the laptop. It's still not 100% cleared, but at least the screen doesn't freeze every 10 minutes anymore ... There are a few school issues I have to do first, so there won't be time to post, probably until the weekend. If I disappear again in the next few days, you know why.

I hope to get caught up and do some Mura work at the weekend. And as good as the unexpected break from Miza has been, I'm glad to be back. :)

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on March 8th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Update as of 03/08/10!

You should know that I'm currently feeling kind of blah about modding and location writeups, and I don't even know the exact reason. I'll take it slow for a while, relax and look for my drive and motivation that has gotten lost somehow ... with an important exam tomorrow and a test on Wednesday that really sounds like the best idea.

I feel like I should do something cool for Mura in the new season, something that will draw players and transform the city from a place filled with past memories (aka flashbacks) to actual roleplaying and epic adventures. I want to make Mura special and I want a playerbase that helps shaping Mura as a city, and its inhabitants.

Some kind of advertising would be good ... Unfortunately I know what I want to do in theory, but have no actual ideas about the content ... yet. I'm sure that ideas will flow when I get my creativity back. Please bear with my either slow or crappy posts until then. Thank you. You are the players that have already helped shaping Mura as a beautiful city and I'm very grateful for that.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)