[SS Tavern]Supply and Demand (Robert)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Cassandra Coven on April 11th, 2011, 12:04 pm

Things went from bad to worse as Cassandra watched the violence-laden actions of the three men. Fists flew and so did bodies as the two humans, Robert and the young foreigner, threw themselves bodily against the Akalak and all three toppled to the floor. Turning to the rest of the patrons, the dark-haired barmaid tried to get a few of them to help her separate the brawlers and hopefully end the fight.

It was all in vain, however.

None listened to her, all of them too caught up in the action of the three. This was to be their entertainment for the evening and were not about to let Cassandra end the fun, regardless if some of them considered her their favorite server or not. Worriedly, the helpless woman peered into the main tavern. None of the patrons inside seemed to have noticed the ruckus outside yet which she thought was a good sign. That meant Papa and Mama have not seen what was going on either, and that meant she still had time to stop the fight before it reached the ears of her employers and things go out of hand.

But would the three men even listen to her? If those just sitting at the tables would not, why would the three participants when they were so caught up trying to smash each other's faces? Cassandra remembered how the Ebonstryfe Murmur had ended a tavern brawl before and she desperately wished there was someone of authority to do the same now.

She could not turn to anyone for that now, however. Everyone at the tables around her were just regular patrons; not one of them could give any of the brawlers pause with a harshly worded command like someone from Ebonstryfe could. Left with no choice, Cassandra worked up the courage to try and end the fight herself. She edged nearer just as the Akalak reached over to grab at the throats of the two humans, his giant azure hands certain to engulf a good portion of their respective necks.

"Please, gentlemen!" she pleaded, raising her voice over the din just to be head and trying her best to keep it steady. "There's no need for violence! Can't we...can't we settle this peaceably?"

She doubted the three men even heard her.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Cithon on April 11th, 2011, 6:22 pm

The lunge was successful, in that it knocked everyone to the floor. Equalizing the playing field. The three men scrambled together each fighting for a grip on another. The akalak seemed distant is if his mind was playing wild fancies during the entire event. Robert tried taking advantage by knocking his limbs from under, only causing all three to stumble and fight for advantage again. It must have been an amusing spectacle because they had drawn the eyes of every soul outside.

Just when it seemed hopeless, s if all three would remain fighting for the upper hand until each collapsed in exhaustion. The akalak, a random being in Robert’s opinion. Forced himself up, with an aggressive, animalistic roar. He was first to his knees, Robert half a heart beat behind him. Once Robert had his knees under him, he was surprised by a blue fist latching unto his throat. A strong grip was threatening to choke the life from him.

Robert’s vision was beginning to blur, loss of oxygen taking it’s hold over his big body. With much effort, Robert forced his feet under him, rising leaning down with a fist still attached to his throat. He latched unto the akalak’s arm, both his tightening around the blue mans thick muscled forearms. With an audible grunt Robert threw a knee toward his face, he was at the perfect height to make it an excellent blow. It would likely shatter the mans nose if it landed true. Robert barely noticed the small image of Cassandra trying to qualm the situation.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sulavik on April 12th, 2011, 3:00 am

It felt good to have two hands wrapped around two fragile, fleshing necks. A grin rose to Makil's face as he made contact. First, he began to press lightly with the pads of fingers into their flesh, but pushed more and more into the skin around their wind pipes. His fingers tightened around them, cutting off their air supply. The more they coughed and spluttered, the more Makil grinned. He was so drunk on the power he had over them that the grip Karc was exuding on his arms did not bother him at all, despite the bruises and the nail marks he would have the next morning.

"Ha!" he barked out a laugh. "You honestly think you can send me back to my father now? I WILL NOT GO!" He was still convinced of his own power and skill that the fact that the bouncer was slowly rising up onto his feet, using Makil's outstretched muscle-locked arm as leverage did not not bother him at all. He was Makil! He could not be beaten! The pleas of the barmaid fell on deaf ears, so focused was he on squeezing the air out of these humans. He was pleased to see the bouncer's face begin to turn blue. They would be dead, soon enough, and he the victor.

"How does that feel?" he spat at the bouncer, all his attention focused on him. "Do you feel hopeless? Like you're about to die? This is how my father will feel! You will NOT SEND ME BAC---"

He was cut off, immediately feeling pain. His face went bright purple as the Drykas shot his foot right into the place where it hurt the most on men. His breathing stopped, his heart stopped and all he felt was utter pain. His grips on both men's necks loosened, but as he gasped for breath, worried that he would never ever be able to have kids, more pain assaulted him, as Robert's knee slammed into his nose.

He could feel it shatter. Blood poured out of his nostrils immediately, and he could not help but fall onto all fours, gasping, blood dripping out onto the ground. They say that if you stub your toe, bite your thumb and the pain in your toe will go away. Not so for Sulavik. The pain in his groin only seemed to merge with and compliment the pain in his nose, until his whole body was convulsing, curled up in a fetal position on the ground. Moans assaulted the ears of everyone near, as pain wracked through his body. When he recovered enough to get up - which would not be for a few more minutes - he would be angry. Very angry. For now, though, he whimpered on the ground.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Karc on April 12th, 2011, 3:43 am

Karc gasped as the giant let go of his neck, leaving large bruises around his neck. He continued to gasp and splutter, trying to get in all the oxygen he could get. He attempted to breath; it failed. He cleared his throat, and tried again.

"Petch his grip is strong." he gave a tilted smile to the bouncer "Makes you wonder what he does in his spare time."

He slowly got up, using the table to help support himself. Once he could stand he glanced around, seeing the crowd and the Waiteress.

"Your just standing there-GO GET THE GUARDS!"

Karc backed away readying for the akalak's wrath.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on April 12th, 2011, 8:28 am

Cassandra saw the blow coming and winced as the kick connected, feeling sorry for the Akalak as he crumpled into a defenseless heap on the floor. Setting down the remaining pitcher of ale on a nearby table, she came forward and knelt by his side, shielding him from any further retaliatory strikes from the bouncer and the foreigner.

"Enough, please!" she told them, a gentle hand settling on the blue giant's shoulder while the other one she held up to stave off any more blows from the others should they come. "He's already down. This was just a little misunderstanding, I'm sure. Please return to your seats."

The dark-haired barmaid had seen enough tavern brawls since she started working as a serving girl and she knew how such things could get out of hand. Weapons often came into play when both sides refused to stand down and things would eventually turn bloody. Serious injuries were not uncommon and death among the participants were not unheard of either. Enough pain had been dealt tonight, she thought.

Drawing near the Akalak, she asked, "Are you alright, sir? Can you stand?"
Last edited by Cassandra Coven on April 12th, 2011, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there is something
i have to say to you
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Cithon on April 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

The blow the Drykas man threw, on top of Robert’s own successful knee was enough to bring the akalak crashing down to the floor in pain. Doubtful the fight was actual over, he knew the akalak would rise. Only fighting harder this time, both from embarrassment, and retaliating from the pain caused.

“You!” Robert said looking toward the Drykas man. “You might want to go blend back in with the crowd, when he gets up he’ll likely try and kill us for sure.” The words came out calmly. It was simple truth. Robert moved closer to the fallen man while he spoke. He had to end the situation now, it was his job.

He moved in, feet close to the blue giant. He kneeled down quickly. Robert decided there was two paths he could take to end this non sense. One, he could continue to beat the man while he was down. Rendering him incapable of fighting back for at least another day. Or two, convince him that no one hear was taking him anywhere, especially to his father. Whom ever that might be.

Robert leaned in close, trying to keep it as private as possible. He knew he was opening himself up for an attack. “Listen man. No one hear knows your father.” The words were low. A whisper meant only for the ears of the blue giant. “No one is going to take you anywhere, especially to your father. Hell if they tried while I am watching I would side with you.” Again, simple truth. If he witnessed someone being forcibly taken against their will. Robert would intervene in an instant, automatically siding with the victim. He was hesitant about touching the man, not wanting to send him into a fit trying to defend himself. Laying a hand on his back gently, and offering the other as a means of support for standing. Robert spoke again, “Come one, let’s fix that nose with a little more ale.”
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sulavik on April 13th, 2011, 1:52 am

Sulavik lay gasping on the ground. Makil had retreated back with the onset of pain, leaving the primary physical assault to Sulavik. Makil it seemed could dish it out but not take it. Sulavik's euphoria had died down. As had Makil's paranoia. Instead, he was just one ball of hurt, a giant Akalak curled into one fetal ball, not moving, the pain in his nose and groin throbbing and over taking his senses.

He heard the Drykas yelling, something about guards, but he couldn't bring himself to care. When the barmaid touched his shoulder, he flinched, but looked up at her. She would see the tear streaks on his face, tears that Sulavik was wholly unaware of crying. How on earth had it come to this, that he was drinking and getting high in taverns, and being so easily beaten? He was not a true Akalak anymore. He was just broken. He wanted to go home.

He was about to reply to the barmaid when the bouncer walked back up to him, leaning down. It did not really matter what the barmaid said anymore. She was lovely and kind. The bouncer had hurt him. The bouncer had shattered his nose. He looked up at him, and growled, pointing at his bloody face. "Petch you," he hissed. "Petch. You." He did not have the strength of will and body to fight, but that did not mean he had to calm down entirely. Makil, the soul of rage, may have subsided, but the two halves certainly shared emotions. Indignance at what had happened was one of them.

Ignoring the bouncer he turned back to the barmaid. The Drykas man was completely off the radar for him. He was a fool. He was too young for Ravok. Ravok would break him, much like it had broken Sulavik. "I think so," he murmured. It was funny how angry he could be one moment, and then how thankful and grateful he was to this woman the next. "I might need some help, though." He knew it was impossible for the little barmaid to help him properly, but he would not let the two men touch him. "Could you please drag a chair or a table over? I can press up on that." Sulavik was calm for now. But if the Drykas or the bouncer tried to touch him again, he would lash out. He was simply hiding his rage well - for now.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Karc on April 13th, 2011, 2:33 am

After the words from the bouncer Karc, simply gave a shrug, and pulled a chair over and sat right of the middle of the floor, right where anyone could see him.

Seeing that the Akalak wasn't acting aggressive, Karc's expression of worry, and anger vanished, leaving a smile on his face. He got up and walked towards the Akalak, being careful not to touch him, attempting to help the barmaid with anything she was doing to help.

"Sorry, about this whole thing mate. It was just a whole misunderstanding. Sorry I kicked you in the gonads there mate." He smiled kindly. "I really am sorry. I over reacted."

If the Akalak didn't touch him he would, then walk towards the crowd his bird landing on his arm. "Hey, break it up here nothing to see here. Fun's over." He would push and shove to make them go away, but with his eagle on his arm, no one was particularly keen to hurt him. So he broke up the crowd some what, and would come back to the Akalak, seeing all the blood, he would lean down and ask the barmaid. "Hey miss, should I go fetch a healer or somethin?"
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on April 13th, 2011, 4:14 am

Cassandra saw the tears of pain streaming from the Akalak's eyes and felt even more sorry for him. She had a fair bit of experience on how it felt to be hit (or, in her case, cut) in one's most sensitive area. Certainly it would take the fight out of anyone, raging giant or not. From how she understood it, the Akalak probably had it worse. A cut was one thing - wounds heal and parted flesh closed, after all - but as a man, being hit down there was something else entirely.

Squeezing the prone man on the shoulder once more, to signal that she would return with what he requested, the dark-haired barmaid stood up, drawing Robert and the foreigner with her.

"I think it's best if you stayed away from each other for now," she told the bouncer quietly. "Just to let your heads cool a bit and all." She offered him a smile to tell him that she meant her words to be delivered in the nicest possible way. The fight may have ended for now but she knew how men's egos worked. Sometimes, they just could not get over being wronged until they exact some sort of revenge over those responsible. It must be that alpha male thing she never could understand. No woman could, in her opinion. "Maybe you could tell the other patrons to... you know... go back to their drinking. For me. Please. Thank you."

Once the bouncer left, Cassandra turned her attention to the young foreigner, an appreciative, if strained, smile on her lips. "Thank you for your offer, sir, but we'll handle it from here. I'm sure you'd much rather enjoy your ale this fine night. And your, um... bird."

Cassandra led the young man back to his table before returning to the Akalak, a chair from a vacant table in tow this time.

"Here, let me help you up," she offered.

The man was huge and she doubted she could even bear half his weight but it would be remiss of her not to offer her help. It seemed he would be too weak in the knees to manage by himself. When she finally got him settled on his seat, Cassandra pressed one of the last two remaining pipes with her into his hand.

"Have another one. Maybe...maybe it will help you relax this time. I'll just get the pipe back from you when you're finished. I'll pass by your table again later in case you need more drink."

That done, the dark-haired barmaid went off to pick up the pieces of the shattered pitcher and the fallen pipes before returning inside the the tavern to dispose of the broken crockery and to fetch a mop to clean up the mess the brawl had left on the floor.
there is something
i have to say to you
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Cithon on April 14th, 2011, 4:17 am

Robert backed away when Cassandra came in to the area. He could tell the hurt Akalak was in no mood for his company. Hell Robert could understand his hatred for him right now. If the roles had been switched, he would likely have been in s sour mood also. Taking Cassandra’s advice, he backed away smoothly, leaving her to help the giant of a man up.

“You heard the lady.” He called out in a rough, commanding voice. “Back to your seats, nothing to see here” His voice rang out, apparently on deaf ears. No one seemed to be paying him any mind. He decided to be more forceful in hi attempts. Robert walked closer to the crowd, hands outstretched, spinning in a slight circular motion. “I said back to your seats damnit!” He was growing more impatient.

Robert walked around the perimeter of the scene, fixing and straightening up whatever tables and chairs that had gotten mixed into their scuffle. It was the least he could do, for his newest friend Cassandra. As he patrolled the area, quickly reminding other patrons who kept wondering to close that the fun was over. And their drinks deserved more attention then they were getting. He kept a watchful eye behind him. The still curled figure of the giant, and the frail image of Cassandra next to him. If he moved to quickly Robert would react just as he had before. He had more than enough doubt that the situation was over, for the akalak any way.
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext