Returning and looking for assistance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Yomila on November 23rd, 2022, 8:02 am

Hello again, Miz.

I've been wanting to return and to dust off Yomila but I have questions and concerns about how to do so. Please let me know if it would be best for me to reach out to a particular mod (Gossamer?) regarding the below.

Yomila spent Fall 520 as a Squire of the Syliran Knights but I see that Syliras is now closed. I'm hoping to move her into the Outpost but this poses some issues:
  1. I'm unsure if I have done enough to get seasonal wages to pay off expenses because I only did one training thread (others are incomplete or relate to helping the public through learning unrelated skills).
  2. I'm unsure what these expenses are, in total. The squire and knight lore confused me even when I joined and I did not get much clarification from Mayhem when I first joined. I do not know if Yomila is due to pay Common living expenses plus rent for equipment used during the season. If so, that means she owes 235gm.
  3. I have three placeholders and some unfinished threads. Am I allowed to complete these or submit what has been written for grading?
  4. I have an idea for her absence but it would be nice to be able to discuss it with somneone more knowledgeable of the lore. It involves an npc I thought I submitted to the Outpost but the post no longer seems to exist. Could I say my PC lived with that NPC during my absence but get Yomila proper accomodation once I start playing her again?
  5. Speaking of the Outpost, it is still ok for a PC to live and work there?
  6. I see my grades have been withheld due to an outdated ledger despite being submitted back during that period. I'm working on fixing this so I can have a better idea of what skills I will have to play with however I am very lost :(

thank you so much
Yomila
Player

Words: 74856
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on November 23rd, 2022, 11:43 am

Hello, and welcome back to Mizahar!

I posted this in Discord, but to avoid Goss having to readdress (though there were some I was unsure on) I'll post it here as well. She can probably answer the others/ones I'm unsure on later.

So first, if you were totally inactive a season you don’t need to pay any expenses or stuff, just note on your ledger you were inactive that season. But you would need to pay any required expenses your last active season.

Second, you can move to the outpost(assuming you can find work there), but I believe you need to have a active city as your entrance. So you’d need to move during your absence, be in that new city, and then just enter from there and do whatever.

Third, you can submit grades in closed domains, but you cannot otherwise post in any old thread there once the domain closes, including placeholders.

Plus the current rule on jobs for wages is you can only do them for up to one season prior to the current season, so since those are 2 years old it’d be too late to submit them. You'd need to ask Goss if there is a possible exception for old returning pc's, but I'm unsure on that. Of course assuming you even did the required job stuff back then, if not it'd be kind of moot. Might be better to just move forward with a new seasons job/wages at this point.

Oh and also just checked your Character sheet, since you left Syliras you could probably assume you sold your housing and get 500 gm that way, which would take you out of the negative.

Anyways, happy to see you back possibly, feel free to dm me on Discord!
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 23rd, 2022, 1:20 pm

Thanks Crylon. I also sent her a message on Discord.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Yomila on November 24th, 2022, 5:24 am

thank you both for taking the time to reply both here and on discord ♥ I realized I would need to move her somewhere active after I posted and now I am really digging Syka.

It's a bummer to hear I can't do anything with those threads but hopefully I can get a little something from them, grade-wise. I didn't know about the new job thread rule or that I could trade in her housing for money. That's both really helpful to know!

I am exhausted from work but I will use this info to start on getting her up to speed.

thank you again!!
Yomila
Player

Words: 74856
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on November 25th, 2022, 6:29 pm

I am around this weekend off and on in chat if you want any questions answered or need any specific help. I don't see the graders hitting grading threads until after NaNo so be aware there might be a bit of a wait there.

Otherwise, jump in and start rping!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)