[Flashback] Fancy Meeting You Here! [Dayn]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Isette on May 12th, 2011, 10:17 am

The Kelvic’s mind raced with all of the different possibilities. Images flashed in her mind as she mentally scrolled through a map of the city. No, no, no. It was too risky. It was all too risky. She frowned, still pressing him into the wall. The Kelvic was too distracted by her thoughts to move away. It occurred to her that she could leave him. Take the money and run. It wouldn’t be the first time she had resorted to thievery. Then again, she didn’t normally waste time getting to know the people she thieved from. Isette was fond of Dayne.

His words interrupted her thoughts. She flicked her gaze up at him and tilted her head slightly to the side. His plan wasn’t favorable. Isette wasn’t fond of hiding in plain sight. But unfavorable didn’t necessarily make it bad. She supposed it could work. It had merit. And he did have that blanket. All they had to do was cross that one busy section and then it would be all home free from there, theoretically. Why not take the plunge? And if something bad happened, she could shift and run away. Even if they caught her, what would they accuse her of?

Isette nodded. “I will try this plan.” She wasn’t the most deceptive creature in the world, but she was also not a virgin. She could look at this as though it were any other time a man had offered her money for pleasure. She had his coins. She knew the role. Isette took a step back from him and readjusted herself. She shook her hair and scrunched it just so and then pulled her dress so that one sleeve hung down around her shoulder. The garment was already wrinkled and dirty, so she was good to go in that regard.

Of course, that was the easy part. Isette had never been the giggling type and she felt nervous putting on a show. Even so, she held a hand towards her companion and prepared to hang all over him, giggling like a doe-eyed girl. At least she didn’t have to try and fake the flush that rose to her cheeks.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dayn on May 14th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Clearly, the girl had done this before. Oh, you naughty thing, Dayn shook with laughter, hoping she didn’t take it the wrong way. He wasn’t exactly a paragon in the virtue department, but this scene was so ridiculous that he couldn’t help but laugh. His own alterations took a bit longer. He knew it would look strange if he just walked out into the street wrapped in a blanket, for what sort of man took those sorts of measures when he solicited a prostitute? This had to seem realistic. As far as he was concerned, men didn’t say ‘oh, I brought a blanket so you wouldn’t get dirty.’ No, they just did it against a wall.

Having left his dagger behind, he had to effect changes to the blanket with his fingers. Fortunately, the worsted cloth was flimsy and already coming apart, so he was able to make a decently sized opening for his head. First a blanket thief, then a blanket vandal – this day is just one dishonor after another. He made a mental note to find the owner and replace the ruined blanket with a pristine one. What if this belonged to a child? With a grimace, he thrust the modified garment over his head. It seemed faintly idiotic to wear a poncho with a garish shell pattern stitched onto the borders, but he’d rather be the butt of jokes than dead.

Dayn stared at Isette, seeing that she looked as ready as she’d ever be – and perhaps a bit nervous. “Just follow my lead,” he said, draping her arm over his shoulder, and stumbled out into the street. “Come on, darlin’” he said loudly, trying to mimic a nautical dialect. “Now we’re goin’ ta do it on sheets!” And just for emphasis, when they reached the other side of the street he thrust her against a building, placing a rough kiss on her neck before pulling them both around the corner. “Sorry about that,” he said, quickly breaking away. “We should probably get moving.”
Note: will be absent until late August / early September.
Drink wine, and live here blitheful while ye may;
The morrow's life too late is; Live to-day.
Robert Herrick
Dayn
Wait, my hair is receding?

Words: 35074
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Isette on May 14th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Her eyes met his and Isette noticed he was laughing. She would have been offended, but the situation held mirth. Isette didn’t get the feeling he was laughing at her, more at what they were doing. The humor was contagious. She cracked a smile of her own and something mischievous and playful glinted in her feline eyes. His laid back attitude helped to quell her nervousness. Isette waited patiently while he turned the blanket into a ridiculous looking poncho. She had to bite her lip to keep from laughing out loud. But then, prostitutes were often solicited by men who had unfortunate taste in clothing, weren’t they?

Show time. Isette followed his lead, both in spirit and volume, as they made their way across the street. They earned quite a few stares, but it seemed as though their plan was working. After all, they were looking for Dayn to be hiding, not loudly professing his sex life to anyone who would hear it. She clung to him and giggled. She even threw in a little squeal. And a moan when he thrust her up against the wall and kissed her neck, as though she wouldn’t mind doing it then and there.

After that, they were across. Isette was elated. Home free! More or less. She shrugged off his apology with a smirk. “Why are you sorry?” she asked, “The plan was successful. Come.” The Kelvic took his hand and led him back into the shadows. From there on out, it was darkness and side streets until they reached her little shack of a place. She continued to look ahead and be careful, just in case, but the hardest part was over. Isette felt safer hiding in the dark. Her senses were on fire, alert for even the smallest of sounds and movements.
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Dayn on May 16th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Dayn was quickly growing fond of his pilfered, makeshift poncho. It was a fashion statement, raising the concept of stark utility over the modish tailoring that prevailed in many cities. He enjoyed the soft, frayed threads, and the washed-out colors. He was slumming it up in style. For a moment he thought about removing his boots as well, but thought better of the notion. He just needed to cinch a thin belt around his waist, and then find some sort of practical headgear to perfect the ensemble.

“You know, I should have been a tailor,” he remarked as they crept through the darkness. “My fingers are very nimble, even if they’re somewhat large, and there are hordes of people walking around with absolutely no regard as to what they’re wearing. I mean, what’s the deal with robes? It’s as though people are ashamed of the contours of their bodies, when half the time we should display them to their best advantage. I wonder how the people of this city would react if I dyed myself yellow and pranced over the rooftops.” Now he was just being facetious.

“Where is this home of yours?” He asked, changing the subject. He was familiar with parts of the city, but certainly not with the alleys and short cuts that she was leading him down. “My mother used to say that when a lady invites you to her home, you’re supposed to bring a present. I might have to get back to you on that, unless you want my belt or something.” He ducked beneath a spike that protruded from a crystal structure, unleashing a streak of curses as he unwittingly stubbed a toe. “Um, do you not speak very often, or are we trying to be quiet?” If so, he probably wasn’t helping.
Robert Herrick
Dayn

Character sheet

Postby Isette on May 16th, 2011, 10:27 pm

She was surprised when her companion’s voice cut, quite suddenly, into the silence that had settled upon them. The Kelvic gave him a sideways look as she led him through the twisting streets and shadows. He truly was a strange man. She was entertained, especially after he painted the image of himself prancing around with yellow-dyed skin. It made her laugh, though she abruptly covered her mouth with her hands. They were supposed to be sneaking around, weren’t they? Loud noises made her skittish. Isette had to remind herself that the most dangerous part was over. She didn’t think they were being followed…

It soon occurred to her (mostly as a result of his prodding) that she was being unnecessarily quiet. They would probably attract more unwanted attention by skulking around like thieves than they would if they were two friends having an amiable conversation. “I am unused to people,” said eventually, “Forgive me.” That was true, at least. There were not many people who she could have a conversation with, so she supposed she didn’t speak very often by most standards. Isette was often shy and many people were put off by her status as an untouchable. She didn’t even seem to connect well with others of her status, so it was likely that she was simply strange.

“My home is not far from here. We will arrive soon.” Isette hoped he would not snub her for her living conditions. She did the best she could with what she had. The Kelvic pushed that anxiety aside and fixed him with a smile. “Your mother was a wise woman. You can pay me back with a warm meal, yes?” Of course, he’d already given her his money. That was beside the point. The money was in exchange for her help; a meal would serve as a polite thank you for offering her home to him.
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Dayn on May 20th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Dayn was pleased to bring some levity to Isette’s day, although he couldn’t say the same about the danger. “No problem,” he said, brushing off her apology. He didn’t know if she was sincere or not, but it wouldn’t have mattered either way. His feathers weren’t easily ruffled. “I’m a bit too used to people, myself. I’m grateful that you stuck your neck out for me, or should I say, my money.” Dayn had always liked being around people that spoke their minds. He found it refreshing not to have to mince words, although he was confused about the remark about not being used to people. Is she some sort of outcast? Even if that were true, he wouldn’t treat her any differently.

“Yes, my mother was a wise woman,” he repeated, a bit sadly. For the past few years, she had been almost completely unaware of the world around her, confusing days and years, sometimes not even recognizing the faces of her own children. As he thought about her, he couldn’t keep his brow from furrowing. Go on, let it go, he thought, forcing himself to grin again. “Don’t fret, you’ll get your meal,” he chuckled, taking a careful look around. “Where is your home, exactly?”
OOCSorry, meager post
Robert Herrick
Dayn

Character sheet

Postby Isette on May 20th, 2011, 9:20 pm

OOCNo worries! :)
Dayn earned himself another smile from her. True, she had only stuck her neck out for the money. But hey. She had needed it. Isette appreciated that he didn’t seem resentful of that fact. Dayn seemed to be a genuinely carefree person. It was both admirable and contagious. Life was hard, but he made it feel as though it were easy just by being around. Charming man. Those were the most dangerous. Even so, she was glad that his pleasant nature was keeping away her social anxieties. Isette felt like she didn’t have to worry about making mistakes with this one.

His tone changed when he spoke of his mother, though. Isette gave him a sidelong look, frowning slightly. The darker mood lasted only a few seconds, but it was enough to make her reconsider her evaluation of him. Perhaps there was more to him than met the eye. It wasn’t that he had no darker parts, only that he kept them hidden from the world. Although curiosity gnawed at the feline, she sensed that this was not the time to ask about it. Not if he was going through the effort of smiling like that. She turned her attention back to the streets of Lhavit.

“My home is…” Isette pointed to an old home that was really more of a shack than anything. “There.” It looked abandoned, but it was hers. She had paid to stay there and everything. The owner was going to destroy it, but she’d managed to talk him into allowing her to stay there for a few months. “It is not pretty, but there is a bed. You will be warm.” Her blanket was probably a little thin, but Isette usually used both her blanket and her cloak for warmth. It all worked out in the end.
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Dayn on May 22nd, 2011, 12:46 pm

Dayn raised an eyebrow, regarding the structure. Having just fled from a soaring tower, decorated with statuary, sumptuous rugs, and elaborately carved furniture, his sense of perspective was somewhat distorted. Not that he gave a shyke. He didn’t think the house was going to collapse on their heads, and so long as it was safe and dry, he’d be happy. As somebody who’d once tumbled down a privy shaft in the midst a drunken stupor and ended up going to sleep on a great, shifting heap of waste, he didn’t think he deserved the right to turn up his nose. Figuratively speaking, of course. “Well, that’s a welcome sight,” he replied, though he couldn’t help giving Isette a long glance. He was a bit concerned for her, what with the skulking in alleys and living in a place like this, but then again, he wasn’t a knight. He couldn’t afford to go around helping everybody. Not that the order does much of that, he snorted wryly.

“What?” Dayn couldn’t help frowning when Isette mentioned the bed. He couldn’t possibly accept that sort of sacrifice from a woman. His chivalric upbringing, melded with subsequent debauchery, had left him with a perplexing code of personal conduct. He’d fathered more bastards than he could keep track of, but Tyveth forbid that he drive this girl from her bed. “Don’t trouble yourself,” he said. “I’m used to sleeping rough. I shall be quite content on the floor with my trusty blanket.” Shyke, and now I’m claiming ownership of a stranger’s property? He ran splayed fingers through his hair. Tyveth was going to be upset.
Robert Herrick
Dayn

Character sheet

Postby Isette on May 22nd, 2011, 11:44 pm

There was a tense moment while Isette waited for some sort of reaction from him. When it was positive, she let out a breath and smiled, relieved.

The inside of the structure was extraordinarily bare. It was only one large room. Her cot was nestled in the furthest corner. A wooden chest lay at the foot of it, containing the rest of her meager clothing set. Beyond that, there was an old wooden table and a single mismatched chair. It was a sad, lonely place. But it was home. And Isette felt safe there. She immediately unclasped her cloak and set it gently on the bed.

Turning, the feline fixed him with an odd look. She seemed confused. “You do not like beds?” she questioned. The idea was entirely foreign to her. Isette had grown up with ones of the best beds money could buy. She loved the softness, the comfort. While it was true that she could sleep just about anywhere, nothing beat the softness of a good bed. Not that hers was any good. Still, beggars could not be choosers and her bed was good enough to sleep on. It was small, old, and packed with a mixture of straw and feathers that she’d plucked herself from her own prey. That made it quite a bit softer than the average cheap bed.

It didn’t occur to her that he was trying to be a gentleman. This was the first time she had ever had company over. Usually, Isette slept in her feline form. Because of this, she saw no reason why two people couldn’t share the bed. In fact, it would make it even warmer. Isette loved warm things. It occurred to her that he probably did not realize she was a cat. “I should tell you, I am not a human. I am a cat. A Kelvic.”
Isette

Character sheet

Postby Dayn on May 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm

Dayn didn’t find the inside of the house quite so grim, for while it was lacking in many things, it wasn’t scattered with cobwebs and desiccated rat skeletons. His eyes swept from the bed to the table and single chair, taking in what details he could. Oh, it was solitary chamber, though not as dismal as he’d been expecting. He usually slept on cold, hard, or muddy ground, or on rare occasions, the squalid confines of a rented room, so he always welcomed the chance to stay in a place that felt… inhabited.

“So you live here all by yourself?” Dayn said absently, yanking the blanket from over his head. He was about to place it beside the cloak when, with a strange air of confidence, the woman turned to him. “Um, a cat?” He sank down on the bed, his brow furrowing as he digested this piece of information. How bizarre. Now that he thought about it, her eyes were a bit strange. He’d heard of the shape-shifters, but never actually met one of them before. He had to admit, it made him uneasy. “How large are we talking, exactly? Do you shift into a large, slavering, man-eating cat, or are you just cuddly and adorable? I’m not asking for a demonstration, or anything. I’d just like to know if you’d ever consider eating me.”

Dayn had spoken this piece lightly, but now that he thought about it, he didn’t know how he should react. He’d always thought he would make a tasty morsel. If she denied wanting to gnaw on his flesh, would he get upset? He began to shake with laughter, a deep-throated chuckle that reverberated thoughout the room.

Today was just bursting with surprises.
Robert Herrick
Dayn

Character sheet

PreviousNext