Bottom of the Class (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Season of Spring, Day 10, 511 AV

Jaelyn was breathing a little heavily as she arrived at the school she had shown Jokor to a few days ago. She'd run from training with Raynard in order to make it here before classes ended for the day. She wanted to make sure that Jokor was doing well with his lessons, and that there weren't any problems that had come up.

Arriving at the door to the school Jaelyn was relieved to find that the students were not leaving yet. Standing in the hallway a little ways from the door she listened to the muted sounds of conversation. After a few moments of listening she frowned slightly. She couldn't make out the words properly, but the voice of the teacher sounded rather agitated, almost angry.

Inside the school the teacher, Agatha, was glaring at Jokor. Her normally proper bun of hair was frazzled, and her normal smile was gone as she pursed her lips tightly in frustration, "Jokor, will you please stop that snickering?" her voice was wavering between pleading and anger, "You should be quiet while I'm talking so that all the other students can hear me."
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 12th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Jokor completely disregarded the teacher's plea and continued snickering.
"Come on, how do you expect me to not laugh when you go and spout that kind of stuff." He leaned back into his chair. "I mean come on, none of us here is going to be a knight so why the hell would we want to know all of their virtues? Seems pretty useless information to me." He calmly looked back at the teacher. "Seems like a waste of time to me."

OOC: sorry for the short lenght.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 13th, 2011, 5:35 pm

"Anyone can become a Knight, so long as they are willing to work hard and live the virtues, and it is because of the Knights that all of us have such a good and safe life here in Syliras. It is the least we can do to show them the respect and honor they deserve!" Agatha's voice cracked slightly with the stress of trying to maintain a cheerful tone while her anger grew.

Before the teacher could sound anything more the room echoed with the sound of the bell that signaled the end of class. Giving a heavy sigh Agatha took a moment to compose herself, and then gave her best effort to smile brightly at the class of children, and Jokor, "Alright everyone, I'll see you all tomorrow! Remember to keep working on writing out your As and Bs," as the children chatted and giggled with each other Agatha's smile fell as she turned her gaze to Jokor, "Jokor, would you stay and talk with me please?"

Outside the room Jaelyn smiled softly at the first children to emerge, a little surprised to find that Jokor was not among them. She would have expected him to be rushing to get out of the room from his attitude with her. Maybe he was enjoying learning? Or had he not been going to school? Curious, and a bit anxious, she moved over next to the door and leaned over the exiting children to see into the room.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 13th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Jokor scoffed as the teacher began lavishing praise on the knights. "Deserving respect, right."He under his breath,the sarcasm could almost be felt in that statement, fortunately for the teachers state of mind he didn't have the chance to continue whatever he wanted to say, the bell cutting him of.

Letting out a relieved sigh he stood up hoping to get out of this stuffy room as soon as he could.
Only to be stopped as the teacher asked if he could stay for a moment.
Letting out a groan he turned around.

"Fine, fine." He murmured as he sat down on one of the desks, impatiently waiting for her to begin talking, an annoyed expression on his face.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 14th, 2011, 1:43 pm

Agatha waited for the children to leave the room, her eyes lingering on Jokor as she waited. Once the last child had left she cleared her throat and walked slowly up to Jokor, "Jokor, I understand that it might be frustrating for you to be in class with the children, but here is where reading and writing is taught. If you wish to continue to learn here then I must ask that you refrain from causing any more disruptions with your comments and snickering. If you cannot behave, then I will have to ask you to leave the class."

From the doorway Jaelyn listened, and frowned at the situation. She had hoped that Jokor spending time in Syliras would help the boy learn properly, but it seemed that he was not working at it. Moving back into the hall she let the door shut, her hand lightly covering her mouth as she tried to think of what she could do to help with the situation.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 15th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Jokor scowled when the teacher began talking, though he kept his mouth shut, he really wanted to learn how to read and write and mouthing off to the teacher wouldn't get him any closer to that.
"Fine," he muttered. "I'll try not to disturb the class anymore. But are you sure I got to be in the class with all those little kids? They are just so damned slow." Jokor let out an annoyed sigh.
"Was that all you had to say to me? I really wanna go and eat something right now."

When the teacher gave him a slight nod and turned around, Jokor jumped of the desk and walked out of the clasroom. Pushing his frown off his face with a gleeful grin when he saw jaelyn standing outside of the classroom.
"Isn't eavesdropping something that knights aren't supposed to do?" Jokor said to her, a bit of amusement in his voice at the fact that he had caught her doing something that she wasn't supposed to do.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 15th, 2011, 8:19 pm

"I was not eavesdropping," Jaelyn replied a little heatedly to Jokor's amused question with as she frowned, "I was waiting for you to come out. If you were not being such a problem for the teacher then I would not have heard any of what was said."

Giving a soft sigh and a shake of her head she continued in a slightly calmer tone, "Jokor, you are 17 or so, correct? You should not be acting in such a childish and rude manner, especially if you are planning on living in Syliras. It will only get you in trouble. Why are you not realizing this?"

Giving another sigh she took a deep breath before speaking once more, "I want to help you Jokor, that is why I am here. How can I help you to learn these things?"
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 15th, 2011, 9:20 pm

"Sure you weren't,"Jokor chuckled when she heatedly denied it. A little to heatedly to his opinion, though that chuckle died out with her next sentence, anger bubbling up as she continued to speak.
"I wasn't the problem! She constantly acted as if I was just as sharp as those kids she teaches." Jokor growled out.
"You are right, I might be around 17 years old, so that does mean that I can learn some stuff a lot faster as those little kids! It frustrates me to be put on the same height as those! I'm older so would it kill her not to give me exactly the same amount of stuff to do, tell me to wait on the rest when I am done and then begin to bitch when I get bored and accidentally disturb her lesson!"
Jokor's eye twitched as he finished his little retort heaving a bit.
"And that is only about the writing, half of her class is about stuff I either don't care about or already know, can't she give me something else to do while she teaches that? Give me an easy book I have to read or something?"
Jokor just looked up towards Jaelyn,
"I might be rude, but if they treated you as a 7 year old you would get pissed about that to."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 16th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Jaelyn's frown lightened slowly as Jokor ranted about his feelings. She could understand his feelings, even if she didn't agree with his attitude. With a soft sigh she gave a nod of her head, "I can understand why you're frustrated Jokor, but that does not excuse your behavior."

After a moment of thought she gave a soft smile to Jokor, "What if I was to help you work off some of that frustration? Do you still want to learn how to fight with that weapon you have? I could take some time every now and again to come train with you and help you learn."

Hopefully some physical work would help the boy focus his frustration in a more useful manner, and maybe she could work some lessons on proper manners into the training as well.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Jokor just gave a rather annoyed sounding mumble after she claimed to understand his frustration, he doubted that she ever had to be in the same class as a bunch of kids that where almost half as old as him. Still he knew better to point that out.
When Jaelyn offered to help him work of some frustration by learning how to fight, he almost felt his day brightening. His own attempts at trying to learn how to wield those daggers of his where rather pathetic at the best. So any help that was offered to him was greatly appreciated right now.
"That sounds like a great idea, wacking some stuff to get rid of all of the frustration. Besides I haven't been able to get a handle on those daggers I bought a few day's ago. So you know where you can go and do that without giving the knights a heart attack?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next