[the pavilion] An unlikely reunion(malah)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Kalasshvatak on April 18th, 2011, 2:47 pm

27th spring of 511 AV

Kalasshvatak slithered through the busy bazaar at a slow pace enjoying the burning heat that was so typical of the eyktol region, At least when it was still before midday the sun was still enjoyable, even dhani couldn't take the searing temperature when syna was at her highest point directly.
As he was just taking the dhani equivalent of an afternoon stroll he ignored most of the stalls and the loud merchants trying to prize their wares to everybody that would, and even some who wouldn't, listen.
"Good sir Snake!" Vatak slowly looked towards the rather enthusiastic Eypharian that called out to him. He didn't see any other dhani around here in their dhani form, so the man was probably talking to him.
"Could I interest you into some of the Eypharian's most magnificent cosmetics, I can almost guarantee you that they would bring...." Vatak politly cut him off.
"I have no intressst in thossse cosssmeticsss, ssso I would appreciate it if you would leave me be." He slissed out in common before continuing on his way, ignoring the merchant.

Last edited by Kalasshvatak on April 20th, 2011, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalasshvatak
Already screaming? But I haven't even begun

Words: 3707
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 19th, 2011, 7:57 pm

With nothing in particular to do today, Malah decided to go for a walk. Today was a good one so far, and she felt little could ruin it. The sights and sounds ran about her, but didn't seem oppressive as they sometimes did. The sun was in that "just right" position to where you were warm, but not overly so. She almost felt like talking to the merchants, seeing what they had for sale, and generally being pressured to buy it. Almost. As it was, she just felt like stretching her legs. A nice walk would be the perfect addition to the day.

Various shouts passed through Malah's ears, but she didn't pay much attention to them. Contently walking the day away, until she heard a familiar voice. She couldn't quite place where it came, or who she knew it from, so she looked around quickly. Not seeing anyone at first, she continued on her way. But her gut told her to look one more time, and when she did so, she saw him through the parting crowds. Stopping dead in her tracks, she marveled at how beautiful the day was turning out to be.

Malah quickly made her way through the crowd, always keeping an eye on him. Soon she was at him, and placed her hand on his back while exclaming
"Vatak! It hasss been too long! What brings you to the city?"

OOCThat orange text you used for the merchant is hard to read
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Words: 33972
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 11:22 am
Character sheet

Postby Kalasshvatak on April 20th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Vatak inwardly scowled, though his face only showed a small twitch before the same small polite formed again and he turned around. When he heard a slightly familiar female voice call out to him, saying that it had taken way to long.
As he looked down on the woman a clear look of confusion was evident on his face before he recomposed himself and tried to figure out where how this woman would know him.
She did tell him that it had been a long time, so she had to be a dhani, he would never lower himself to the point that he would consort with lower races. Besides she talked with the typical dhani lisp. Also she knew him, so she had to be a viper from his nest, but he saw everybody that knew him a few times a week at least.... unless..

"Malah, it'sss indeed way to long that I saw you sssissster."The corners of his mouth quirked up a bit.
"I came to the city to broaden my horizons a bit, it got a little boring in the nest with only foolish dhani or the leftovers to play with."
Kalasshvatak

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 26th, 2011, 7:02 am

Malah grinned as he tried to figure out who it was that knew him. He was always the more composed of her siblings, which made it that much sweeter when he was flustered. She savored his irritation while it lasted, and the confusion afterward. It was a bit too short for her tastes, but he always seemed to be that way. She nodded slightly as he figured it out "Ah yes, I had almost forgotten how boring life in the nest could be. So how long have you been out?"

Malah looked up at him appraisingly,
"You sure have gotten big, or maybe it's just I'm not used to seeing you from this height." She said jokingly, then did a little twirl, her long hair gliding gently around her. Smiling as she finished, she looked up to Vatak "How do I look brother? This is the first time you've seen my human form, right?"

Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshvatak on May 12th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Vatak gave a solemn nod as malah mentioned the boring life in the nest.
“Not to long I am afraid, I only arrived in the city itself today and was looking around for a place to spend the night, the trip through the dessert really took a quite a bit of strength out of me."
Arching an eyebrow when she looked up at him comenting on his height.

“I can assure you its most likely that its just your human fault to blame. I'm still the runt from the litter I am afraid.” he let out a mock sigh at that, clearly showing that he was just poking fun at it.
“Well you look fine to me, though I still wonder how you can stand having all that hair on your head.” He shuddered at the thought of having as much hair as his sister on his head, wouldn't that itch like your scales where on fire?

Kalasshvatak

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on May 13th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Malah looked at him incredulously. "The trip took a lot out of you? You can sssee Ahnatep from the tunnel." she said skeptically, trying to figure out how the trip could could more much more than take a few minutes. Maybe he went hunting before he came?

"Tssk Tssk, you know that all our forms have their uses. I'm just trying to master mine as soon as possible."
she half-mockingly chided. Reaching up to comb a hand through her hair, she continued "I thought the same thing at first, but you really get used to it. It is definitely a unique feeling though. Maybe you should spend more time in your human form?" It could probably do some good for him, knowing Vatak, he's spent an absolute minimal time as a human.

"Well, how long do you plan to stay?"
She inquired, then hastily added, "Do you need a place to stay till you can get your own? I have a spare bedroom in my house." She was hopeful to be of some help, proving that she spent her time wisely while here.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshvatak on May 13th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Vatak just gave a small smile at his sister's incredulous look.
“Yessss, I would have preferred to take the tunnels, though the fact that my poissson reagentsss where ssso low it would almost be an insssult to our race I just thought I would sssearch for sssome on them on the way to here and you now how time fliesss when you are trying to do something.”
When his sister, quite predictably really, began to chide him saying that if he spend a bit more time in his human form he would get used to it, earning her a disinterested shrug, signifying that he didn't find it worth getting in an argument over.

“I was planning to stay for quite some time, there are a lot of subjects to take my tests on here and you can easily get your hands on some tools and reagents that are hard to come by in the nest, that and the change of pace will do me some good.” Vatak replied to her inquiry as to how long he was going to stay here.
“And yesss, it would be very helpful if I could ssstay with you, I don't have that much of money for myssself and I don't doubt thosssse ssshrewd eypharian'sss ssstrip me of all off it in no time.” He let out an annoyed click with his tongue, his hood flaring a bit in irritation, no matter how smart he was, he always was the worst from the nest with dealing with money.
Kalasshvatak

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on May 14th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Malah chuckled, How like Vatak to lose track of time in the desert. She swore that if it weren't for her, they never would have made it anywhere on time. "No, brother, I don't know what that'sss like. Ssome of us keep track of the time." she chided playfully, a genuine smile upon her face. When he just shrugged her comments off, she vowed to someday make sure to see him in his human form more. Perhaps a bet of sorts, or some place they'd have to be human to enter. For now though, such planning would have to wait.

Malah perked up hearing that her brother would be staying for a while, it would be nice to see him every now and then.
"It'sss ssettled then, you sshall stay with me until you get your own place. But you'll have to get your own food and supplies. Are you busy now, or would you like to see the place?" When he consented to leave, she took off toward the Pillars of Dust, chatting about old times.

Finally they arrived outside her place, at the very edge of the Pillars. A small building, with a single wooden door and a small narrow window. Malah opened the door and ushered her brother in. The inside was somewhat cramped, the center dominated by her poisoncrafting supplies. An entire lab's worth of equipment, shelves, tools, and a table to work upon. In the back, two doors led to small, 10 by 10 bedrooms furnished with the bare minimum; a small table and bench, straw bed, chest, and a small, simple mirror. There was also a single privy to be shared. Slightly embarrassed at the lack of amenities she spoke
"It's not the most comfortable place, but I own my own lab!"
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet