Mud Can Make It Work (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Mihai on May 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm

When Mihai finally managed to afford himself a patch of space and a length of time without another ape flying at him, he drew back and let loose a mighty (well, for an adolescent) roar that shook the trees and frightened the apes, whose morale had taken a nosedive like a peregrine falcon tilting at prey from on high. With the squeals and cries of pain all around, the enemies' defenses shattered and those who were able beat a hasty retreat.

Glancing from the tigress to the Myrian, he found that they were both intact. Nonchalantly, he padded up to a mortally wounded ape making too human-like sounds of distress and pain. The jungle was dangerous, but there was enough humanity within him to be merciful. He took the creature's head in his powerful jaws and crunched down, ending its life with one last jerk of muscles before its nervous system went down.

With his golden eyes on the others, he considered whether he wanted to eat now or if he should shift and speak to the woman first.
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tira on May 29th, 2011, 10:54 am

Tira could only see a splash of white fur, tinged with the darkness of mud, with two howling monkeys on her back as the tigress rolled away into the undergrowth. She had been stand-offish and stubborn the entire time since Tira had arrived, and it only made sense that she rolled away to fight her own battles. On one level, Tira was disappointed - it had been rather an experience to fight alongside two roaring tigers. But animals were flighty, especially tigers, solitary creatures. It was more of a challenge on her own, anyway.

But she heard a roar from the male Kelvic, and her laugh joined the cacophony of growls and shrieks and yelps as the monkeys began to flee. The clearing was left with the mortally wounded and the dead. She looked down to see a baby monkey, its hind leg nearly severed, dragging by tendon and muscle and strings of who-knows-what, a bloody trail behind it. It screeched when it noticed Tira looking down at it, and tried to crawl faster, the leg dragging painfully. With a mixture of sadism and pity, she swung her macuahuitl in a wide arc down, swinging down with a whoosh, obsidian tooth slamming into the monkey's skull, killing it instantly. As she ripped the weapon out, a tiny monkey's brain came out with it, attached to the blade, swinging in the air. She plucked it from the blade, and put it in her mouth, savouring the bloody taste and sensation. She bit down once, and swallowed the two halves whole. She had never eaten one of the apes before; but it was almost as much as a rush of cannibalizing one of humanity.

She turned just in time to see the Kelvic crunching down onto the monkey's head, the sick sound of bone crumbling reaching her ears. A joyous smile was on her face, though it was not sadistic. The rush and thrum of battle pounded through her, and she muttered a prayer of thanks to Myri for the opportunity to fight. "Hello, kitty cat," she murmured, touching her forehead in greeting.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Words: 13916
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mihai on May 31st, 2011, 4:16 pm

When the Myrian greeted him with simian grey matter in her teeth, the question of whether to eat now or later was answered. Emitting something between a growl and a purr, he settled in to feast on some ape, though he kept his golden eyes on her and his tail slowly lashed. He was not upset, but he was certainly watchful. No matter this one was a child of Myri, humans had been a threat to him ever since his previous Master died. Everyone was a potential threat, really. That was how he survived.

By the time he had finished, the white tiger had moved off. Feeling the same urge for solitude, he was torn with his desire to stay and speak to the woman who had spoken to him. In a flash of light, he shifted back to his human shape and rubbed at the blood on his sharp chin. It was more difficult to tell that he was a gangling adolescent through the thick fur of his tiger shape, but he was clearly young by human standards. His golden eyes, however, remained and he had that aura about him of the wild. Adolescent, perhaps, but not incapable of surviving on his own.

"Hello," he replied in his strange, faraway Myrian. Then his head cocked to the side as if looking at her from another angle.
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tira on June 2nd, 2011, 7:45 am

Tira raised her eyebrow and waited, sighing, as the tiger decided to feast now. She was slightly irritated, but understood that as a beast, he was not inclined to idle chatter. She watched him crunch down on the apes for a few moments, reaching up to fix her hair, waiting for him to turn to her. She felt a trickle of blood run down the handle of her macuahuitl and onto her wrist, where she batted it away irritatedly. The teeth on her blade were covered in monkeys brains and blood. She sighed. She needed to clean the blade. She needed to get back to the city, needed to get back around other Myrians, but she wanted to say one last thing to the Kelvic before she turned and left the clearing where they had fought together.

She appraised him more carefully this time, the change of shape barely causing her to batt an eyelid. There were enough Kelvics in Taloba for her to be used to the magic of shifting. Tira appraised the golden wild eyes, the gangling limbs and the trickle of blood on his youthful chin, before her eyes drifted down to the mark of Myri. So he was one of them. She nodded approvingly, and smirked at him when he spoke his words in that distant tone. He did not seem comfortable with the language. It was always so with Kelvics, more comfortable in their animal skin than their human one.

She hitched her macuahuitl up over her shoulder, resting it as she smiled jauntily at the Kelvic. Her grin only widened slightly as she felt the trickle of blood from her blade down the planes of her back, a reminder of the battle they had fought and won. It was by no means a particularly difficult fight, but it was certainly rejuvenating. Tira sighed, and when she spoke next, her voice carried. "Well! This was fun and everything, and Myri knows that killing monkeys is such a pasttime of mine, but I think I will leave you with your feast now" She threw, with her spare hand, a wide sweeping arc over the carnage of the clearing. "It was nice fighting with you, and whatnot. Good fun." She took a bow, slightly mocking as she deferred to the youthful not-quite-human boy. "Have a good day, kitty cat. Myri guide your way."

And with that suddenly abrupt goodbye, Tira turned and walked through the clearing, alert as she passed through into the dense jungle once more. A short, tense walk back, and she would be in Taloba again, with the blood dripping from her weapon a reminded that she was Myrian.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Words: 13916
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rage on June 6th, 2011, 1:40 pm

GRANTING OF XP

Ianira
Camouflage - 1xp
Detection - 2xp
Stealth - 1xp
Socializing - 1xp
Hunting - 4xp
Tactics - 1xp

Lores:
Camouflage: Using mud to blend in the jungle
Warning away hunters
Human flesh is weak
Scent of blood

Mihai

Mihai
Stealth - 2xp
Observation - 1xp
Teaching - 1xp
Tactics - 1xp
Hunting - 4xp
Intimidation - 2xp

Lore:
Stealth: Staying downwind to mask one's presence
Hunting: Using the cover of night to hunt
Hunting: Waiting in ambush
Hunting: Counterflanking
Silent Communication
Hunting: Roaring to cause panic amongst prey

Contact
Ianira

Tira
Observation - 2xp
Detection - 1xp
Hunting - 1xp
Intimidation - 1xp
Macuahuitl - 3xp

Lores:
Differentiating Myrian tigers from regular ones
Hunting: Flanking your target
Taunting a predator
Kelvic
Not staring at private parts
Rushing in unprepared
Keeping monkeys away from one's hair
Hunting for sport

Nemesis:
Monkeys
(Except during the summer, whenever you venture into the jungle more than 5 miles away from Taloba and in a group of less than five, including yourself, monkeys will dog you and attempt to fling poo at you and your companions. This effect will last for three 'rounds' of posts in every thread. This effect is negated if you are traveling with a tiger. This effect will last for 5 'rounds' of posts during the Spring season.)

Notes:
A good thread and quite entertaining to grade. I've given less XP for Tira since she came in late and also because one of those skills I awarded to is already at competent level (I give less XP the higher the skill level is unless you do something exceptional). Reactions to the awards, negative or otherwise, are welcome.

An important note: Because they worship Navre, Myrians will not attack a cat, no matter what kind, unless it attacks them first. I'll let Tira's behavior slide for now but do remember this in future threads.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous