That's not my man (Pain)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

That's not my man (Pain)

Postby Naama on April 23rd, 2011, 12:08 pm

46th Spring, 511AV

It was dusk. Those dazzling stars overhead shone with such incredible vigor that it even appeared as if they could be plucked right from the sky. Naama smiled at the thought, allowing her swagger to take her across the slender, glowing bridges that connected the Zintia Peak to the Shinyama. She had heard from an older gentleman at the Shooting Star that the Shinyama Pavilion housed a training yard the public could utilize, and it seemed fit for no particular reason other than she wanted to, to take her plump ass right on over to train.

Of course, she didn’t get there without scrutinizing the Shinya monks walking to and from the establishment. They were garbed in sky blue robes, all of them! They were all so very much alike, but the men were quite handsome, and the women were dainty, even in uniform. Naama swerved around the pavilion, noting an entrance to an area that contained voices of men and women hard at work, honing whatever skills they happened to prefer. Naama need only smile at the guardsman at his post and slip inside. It wasn’t so bad. The training yard was wide, with one half lined with dummies armed with wooden swords, and a dueling ring was stationed on the far corner.

The majority of the people here seemed to be martial arts enthusiasts and not at all members of the Shinya. Some were instructors, but it was what it was; a public training yard. The training yard for the Shinya was on the other side of the Pavilion, off limits to prying eyes and watchful ears. Naama had to settle with mild disappointment, but took up her mantle before a training dummy, unsheathing her swords and holding them poised for attack. Her favorite maneuver, the chokehold, came into play. Her weapons swung, hooking themselves around the dummy’s neck, jerking her arm outwards and splintering the wooden neck with deep incisions.

She twirled then, an arc of her swords, and swung low to catch an imaginary leg… an imaginary… coiled body… a slithering snake… a pale child… Bam! Naama hit the dummy head on, nearly collapsing onto the floor before catching herself with an arm. Sweat beaded on her brow and she breathed heavily. “Damn her…” She breathed, but her momentary thoughts were cut short by the apprehensive voice of a stranger.

“Miss, are you alright?” A strong hand fell on her arm, pulling the halfbreed to her feet. Naama’s onyx gaze blinked rapidly, then fell on the form of a rather handsome Lhavitian man, donned in Shinya uniform.

“Oh… my, I am now.” The lighthearted smile returned. She bent to pick up her swords, and the man smiled, “You’ve some skill with a blade?”

“Enough to get the job done, you could say. Though a blade has little use in bed, unless you’re the frisky type.” She winked.

“Excuse me?”
“Oh, you know. ‘There are more ways to handle a sword’?”

He regarded her with a blank look.
“Bracing your mainsail?”

“Not ringing a bell.”
“Breaking in those land legs?”

“Miss, I honestly have no clue of what you speak.”
“Oh you’re no fun.”
Last edited by Naama on April 24th, 2011, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

That's not my man (Pain)

Postby Elhaym on April 24th, 2011, 7:24 am

"Ahem."

Pain cleared her throat, drawing away a bloodied knuckle that she had been sucking on. She glared at Naama as she shook her hand by the wrist, apparently having just struck something a bit harder than she intended out in the training area.

"Kota, who is she?" Pain said in Lhavitian, her eyes wandering and taking in Naame's exotic aesthetic. She knew the eyes of a Chaktawe, but her face was definitely not of the desert people. Not to mention the milky white art that covered her body. Kind of intriguing, but Pain's gaze snapped back to a stuttering Kota as he stumbled in reply.

"Just a traveler, she looked like she was going into a frenzy, and fell down. I was just checking on her." Kota said evenly, and Pain relaxed her shoulders.

"I don't think you'll be bracing his man sail anytime soon." Pain said, her attention redirected on the odd looking foreigner. Despite the naughty undertones, she had a smirk on her face. She hadn't heard phrases like that since working among a crew of sailors aboard a ship in the Suvan Sea, but they had always made her chuckle.

Kota stepped around Naama, putting some space in between them. Pain continued to look at the mixed breed, trying to deduce her origins. Chaktawe eyes, but her clothes and demeanor seemed a mishmash of everything else. "What're you up to in Lhavit, then? Come to tear up our training posts is all?" Pain said as she absently rubbed the bloodied knuckles that she'd been waving before. Kota had warned her to wear her training gloves, but once again she'd forgotten and been too bull headed to admit that even after so many years doing it, punching solid wood still hurt like hell.

"I've seen swords like those, they're vicious. Vicious, but pretty hard to use right. Say stranger, how bout it?" Pain said with a wry grin as she thumbed behind her towards the Shinya's sparring ground. Kota's eyes near bulged from his head.

"El, there's nothing to be mad about, you don't have to-"

"I'm not mad, Kota. She's got some skill, and I need to practice just as much as anyone. What's wrong with that?"
Pain said defiantly, refusing to admit for even a second that she didn't like other women talking to Kota in such a way. Even if what they said was amusing. Pain had an eye for a fighter, and this one was no simple weapons enthusiest. Pain could tell someone who'd seen a real fight or two from someone who was all talk. Most warriors never let on the indication that they were, and so it was here.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

That's not my man (Pain)

Postby Naama on April 27th, 2011, 8:03 am

Naama hardly paid attention to the squabbling couple. They spoke in a language she could hardly understand, and her attention was soon drawn to a very intricately carved part of the pillar beside her…. And perhaps the bottoms of the men who were flexing in a corner. Her eyes snapped back to the woman who was obviously this man’s girlfriend, eyeing her up and down and pursing her lips in contemplation. “You seem the type to make boys run, how’d you manage to reel this one in?”

Incredibly muscular this girl. There must be some kind of fetish involved. Naama glanced from Kota to Pain, as if mulling it over with great enthusiasm. “But I suppose losing a fine specimen like him won’t hurt. As for why I’m here that will remain my business, sweetheart. I was bored, so I decided to smack around your dummies, but this one seemed to do a good number on me.” She rubbed her head then noted the girl’s knuckles. No wonder, she was probably a body builder!

“My swords? Oh, honey, please, there’s much more productive things to do than dueling. Take for example your boyfriend here, I’m sure a duel between us would bore him to no end. I have something much better in mind, in fact--” And without a warning, Naama pulled Pain in and crushed her lips to the girl’s. No matter the outcome of such a bold move, it was a good ten seconds before the halfbreed released her.

“Now don’t tell me that didn’t stir anything in that tent of yours.” She said to Kota, quirking a brow, “If not I will be forced to use my hand, and I can’t promise she’ll be able to stand for the next couple of days.”
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

That's not my man (Pain)

Postby Elhaym on June 10th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Elhaym couldn't quite comprehend what happened next, between the sound of Kota's sputtering and the sudden feel of soft lips melding into hers. Her eyes near bulged out of her head! How dare this woman grab her like that, and kiss her to boot! Those black eyes fluttering at her partner were insult enough, but those soft lips, slightly salty but somehow carrying a faint sweetness... wait a second...

Elhaym opened her eyes wide again, having unwillingly lapsed into some semblance of enjoyment for a moment. Quickly she pushed herself away, missing whatever it was that the woman said while she hasilty turned to hide flaming red cheeks. Elhaym awkwardly turned back to her aggressor, fumbling with smoothing out her Acolyte's robes. Kota was trying to say something to her, but Elhaym waved him away.

"Well, my headaches a little better now in any case..." she muttered to herself. Sometimes you had to make the best of a situation. No matter how preposterous. Well, she wasn't really in condition to do any serious fighting anyway. Why was it that when she tried to impress Kota she ended up making herself look like a fool? Sometimes, it was if their roles were reversed.

"Wait... you're gonna do what?" Elhaym said, her right hand freezing as she was running it through her hair. Something about not being able to stand up, or something. Her question came out more as flat statement though, a testament to her still recovering pride and awkwardness. Kota still hadn't regained his composure, but he seemed to have become very interested in his fingernails. He was trying hard not to look at either of them, it seemed.

"Uhh..."

Well, this was getting awkward. Somehow Elhaym had avoided getting angry from the sheer incredulous nature of this woman's brazen actions. The possible meaning of Kota's stammering suddenly hit her, and she didn't know whether to laugh or yell. Well, she had already probably been seen locking lips with a strange woman in the middle of the training grounds and would probably be the subject of the Acolyte's gossip for months to come. She might as well make Kota squirm a bit for looking at this woman that way, in any case.

Elhaym did her best to sway her hips as she strode forward, casually throwing her arm around the womans shoulder and pressing her quite substantial backside into the womans thigh.

"What, do I look ugly when I kiss? Is that why you always close your eyes? I thought I did okay, myself."

But her cheeks were burning red, and her voice stammered the tiniest bit. This was harder than the physical training she had done, putting up some half wit sexual facade and trying to keep a serious face. But oh, he squirmed. And that made it worth it.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)