Friendly Scrapping (Ceos)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Dimitri on April 29th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Spring 44, 511 AV

Dimitri was being led by Master Adamal to just outside of the main gates and a little ways away from the walls. He knew they would be training but didn't know as to what. But if it were training, it would be worth the effort. He felt himself growing stronger lately, his sword play improving, his confidence in combat rising. He felt he was nearing his goal as a Knight, and would continue to push forward in his training. He was a bit confused, as he had been instructed to bring no weapons, no armor. Ser Adamal brought his sword and shield for protection from dangers outside of the walls. They walked a small ways into the nearby woods, and found a rocky area that looked as if it had been adapted for picnics. There were many flat rectangular stones encircling a larger stone.

They saw another individual nearby and after a cursory glance, paid him no mind. "This will be our training ground today. You will be practicing how to fight without weapon or armor. I want you to start by running through Martial Ritual Number Two as if you had no sword, shield, or armor."

Martial Ritual Number Two was fighting an opponent who used a sword and shield on a basic level. He ran through the ritual in his mind. He thought the attack the ritual declared his opponent uses and he reacts. Downward chop at left shoulder. Dimitri almost reacted by raising the shield he didn't have. He instead dove off to his right and away from the imaginary blade. Sideways chop at neck. Dimitri ducked and threw a feeble looking punch at the imaginary opponent's stomach. Overhead smash. Dimitri dove and rolled clumsily away, ending up in a feeble position on his side. Downward stab at chest. Dimitri half rolled sideways, the imaginary blade sinking into the earth. He rolled immediately back, pressing against the flat of the blade and kicking toward the man's knee cap.

"Get up Dimitri. Too slow, you're already dead. Again."
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ceos on April 29th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Ceos was sitting on a flat rock, outside the castle walls. Comfortably installed with his sketchbook, waiting for his contact to arrive. The man had knocked to his door on the morning, welcoming the new resident to the castle. Of course he had another motive and got straight to the point: ''I want you to have a fighting practice with one of my students''. Ceos then looked at his early visitor, wishing to end the discussion with the words ''I refuse''. ''I'll pay you.'' he calmly added, wondering if a reward would interest him enough...

And here we are now, his contact, a knight, coming his way with the student in question. A tall one that is, but not nearly as large as Ceos himself. He's human after all. Although humans had their way to surprise him and that one was training under a knight, an elite soldier. Ceos didn't bother to put away his sketchbook, while still keeping an eye on the newcomer who was fighting some invsible foe. The Isur stood up and walked toward his wouldbe opponent. He addressed to the master to attract both humans attention: ''Is it a humility lesson you wish to teach him? Because I doubt he'll do much damage bare-handed.'' He spoke while stretching his arms (his legacy)in an obvious manner to illustrate his words.
I'd be really thankful of anyone who can help me with image manipulation softwares to get something of all that blank space on my avatar.
Ceos
The Odd One

Words: 7981
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2011, 3:59 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Dimitri on May 4th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Master Adamal smiled. He liked throwing his squire into the fire to see how he did from time to time. And this would be one of those. "Just go at it like you know what you're doing. No permanent damage from either of you, or I shall intervene. And I am most unpleasant when my show is interrupted."

Adamal looked at Dimitri and nodded. The squire removed his shirt, mopped the sweat from his brow with it, and tossed it aside. He was already warmed up, but attempted a few practice punches, just to get used to the feel. Dimitri was tall and strong, but the shorter man appeared stronger. Dimitri would try to use his height, and the speed he got from not wearing the armor he was accustomed to. Dimitri would take the offense since he didn't really know what to do in a defensive situation. He settled into a position that was a low center of gravity, being crouched and bent at the knees. He kept his arms up at about chest height in front of him, in tight fists. He didn't know if this stance was proper, but he learned from his sword and shield training that balance was crucial. He figured he could use one arm for defense and one for offense, similar to the fighting style he was used to. He would wait until his opponent was ready and would then charge.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Archon on July 8th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Illumination of Development

Dimitri
  • +2 Unarmed Combat

Lores: Fighting unarmed Vs armed (Basic)

Care to see more? :
Nothing really to explain here.

Ceos
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: Miza makes the world go around

Care to see more? :
Intimidation experience for the bit of muscle flexing.

Notes: Not really much here to comment on. Could have proved to be a very interesting fight. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office