[The Home Cave] Let Me Love The Wind (Term/PM Invite)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Re: [The Home Cave] Let Me Love The Wind (Term/PM Invite)

Postby Nya Winters on February 16th, 2010, 11:28 am

Nya stood frozen as her bondmate leaned forward and pressed his lips against her head. She could feel his warm breath against her scalp and shivered slightly before Nya moved her head ever so slowly to tilt her face up to meet his gaze. "I am sorry, Shai. I do not mean to... I mean I do not want ... Sometimes I cannot help it. Sometimes I feel so... possessive protective and other things. Things that are hard to understand." She meant to say she was sorry and that she blamed herself for what was between them, but the words would not fall easily from her lips. "We are tired. I know there's no need for words. Some things I do not know how to talk about anyhow, Shai. But its not bad... it's not wrong. I am sorry for it, but everything between us has been right so far. I trust that... and our bond." She said softly, wearily, and then slipped her head sideways and leaned forward to rest her forehead on his right shoulder. She twisted her head sideways, as was her habit, and nuzzled his neck to breathed in his scent.

"i am so proud of you. I know it's hard, Shai, being Benshira and accepting this. It is a gift I'm glad to give, but one that is useless without your hard work... and you've worked hard. You are so strong, Shai, even if you don't realize it. And you are just discovering yourself and your strength."
She left her forehead on his shoulder for a moment longer and he could feel her smile against her neck. "And we'll never be without a home, wherever we travel, because you can create us one. My parents live in a tower created by one, a mage called Lorimar. We'll practice, Shai. And we'll work hard, as hard on this as you work on your weapons and I work at hunting. Because we'll need it. We will." She said softly and lifted her head to smile at him. The sand fisted in her hand made its way into her pocket. There was a small stitched leather bag she'd place it in and keep it. It was the first thing he'd made with his power and she wouldn't see it stolen by the wind.

And with that Nya rose. She put on some of her special tea that she never talked about and made a cup of Abashai's normal brew for him. And before long they were sharing tea and eating a bit of bread layered with thin cheese and sliced tomatoes that had been heated over the fire. Then, she'd changed into the oversized deep blue tunic of silk she often slept in and had shaken out the furs. And they went to bed together, Abashai beneath a heavy wool blanket and Nya stretched out on top curled up against his back with only his overcoat thrown over her. And when his breathing was even finally, though she thought it took him a long long time to sleep, Nya lifted her head and called to her a gentle breeze, one with a curious adventuresome attitude. She whispered to it, directly to her Lord, as she was in the habit of doing - and like he'd asked of her. Tonight's prayer was simple, direct, and almost desperate. She spoke out loud to it, thinking Abashai asleep for her bondmate was finally still.

"Let me love the Wind."
The prayer was a simple one, but locked up in those words were a thousand fears and a sense of something lost and deeply regretted. There were rules she could not break, rules she would not break, because they were his rules for his happiness and safety. There was a word left out, cast aside, forgotten. But it was implied nonetheless. Only. Let me only love the Wind. But if the Benshira was awake and heard the plea, he'd understand acutely through their bond that it was entirely too late. Zulrav would probably erupt in mirth at the feeble belated sending. The forest cat was only fooling herself, and doing a poor job of it to boot.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Re: [The Home Cave] Let Me Love The Wind (Term/PM Invite)

Postby Tarot on February 20th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Abashai, Nya, Terminus
+5 Reimancy

Nya's primary element is Air
Abashai's primary element is Earth.

Great thread! It made me realize some implications of the initiation ritual that I hadn't considered back then. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous