[The Home Cave] Let Me Love The Wind (Term/PM Invite)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Re: [The Home Cave] Let Me Love The Wind (Term/PM Invite)

Postby Terminus Norin on January 3rd, 2010, 2:52 pm

Terminus had been dozing since he had spoke with Abashai as his exhaustion was weighing on him. He was thinking of many things, most of all his horror at what he had put Nya through. Even before she had come back, he had sworn do find a way to share Res that did not involve the violated and invaded feeling. He knew that the pain couldn't be helped, it was what happened when forgien Res met with ones Djed and began transforming it, but there had to be a way to make the procedure fell less like a rape or sexual encounter.

He allowed his mental anguish to lessen a little, but he needed to see Nya, to apologize for what she had gone through and promise her she would be the last he would put through that. He also needed her to understand how he wished she wasn't the first either. He really was a gentle soul and this kind of thing made him even more exhausted than he should be emotionally He knew Mirinda..his old master would have simply made her work till she dropped after doing this to her and feel no remorse. So he dozed till he heard Nya's voice.

He woke almost as soon as he heard her voice, even though it seemed to be coming at him from a distance and through a great fog. He noted her change of clothes, but no change in her appearance, to him she was as beautiful as the day he met her. It also brought back his shame and he couldn't meet her eyes, not till he had said all he had to say. He listened to her words and found that he had thought of all she was saying. But to hear it from her simply made his resolve stronger. He finally spoke with a slow and quiet voice, still not meeting Nya's eyes yet.

I am so sorry Nya, I never meant to put you through that. I promise you you will be the last I do that to and I'm sorry you were the first

He smiled and chuckled, both mirthlessly as she asked about Mirinda his old master. He hadn't thought about that bitch in years, in fact he had buried her not long after Sura left him. This memory gave him no regret as he felt the world better off without her, though the world did lose a great Reimancer. He softly spoke again to Nya.

Her name was Mirinda, Nya and I haven't though of her in years, She was a hermit in the Bronze Wood who had a talent for Reimancy. I believe she was a Master at it for she could work with all the elements like they were her friends. However she was a bitter old woman and I never could figure out why. Finding her was not easy

The years rolled back as he spoke and he was a young man again at the age of fourteen. The young and naïve Terminus was searching for someone to teach him fire and earth skills to aid him in his releasing tasks. An old beggar for a gold Miza revealed that there was an old hermit woman in the Wood that could teach a form of Magic that controlled all the elements. He eagerly sought her out. That was bott a boon and a bane.
He found her in a hut in a clearing after months of fruitless earching. She was totally unwilling to even admit she could help him and ocne she did she wouldnt help him. It took nearly a year of hard labor for her before she agreed to teach him. She was a slave driver that one was.

Nya she was nothing short of a slave driver and cruel to boot. I'm surprised I got out of that with a gentle soul. My initiation was horrific as she had no sense of remorse. Or compassion for that matter.

He recalled the day of his initation. He could still smell her foul breath and see the oily black Res oozing from her and invading him through every possible route, including the myriad of cuts she had put on him. He remembered being pinned to her and the feeling of utter violation as well as terror. When she released him he felt raped,violated and terrorized as well as dominated. She then set him to hard labor rather than letting him rest. So he had little remorse about having to bury her.

He finally met her gaze after that confession and the cathartic manner of his recollections. He finally could release all of that and was gratefull to Nya for it.

Thank you my friend. I needed to release all the emotions and filth assiociated with Mirinda as well as my shame for putting you through what I did.I can only offer to find a gentler way to gift res as an apology.

He was genuine in his speech and had thought greatly about what happened to him and her. He knew that soon it would be time to tech her to controll that which she could produce.
Its not wheither you win or lose but how you play that counts
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Words: 63849
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2009, 4:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abashai on January 4th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Glancing over at the sleeping Terminus, Abashai saw the numerous lacerations still visible on his skin were no longer bleeding. He recalled the bizarre substance that flowed from the mage's body into Nya's. It was a deeply disturbing sight. He himself felt somewhat maligned. After all, Nya was his bondmate, a term which Abashai found could not fully describe the depth of their relationship. The firedancer put something of himself into her and, on some semi-conscious level, that unsettled the desert man. If he ever considered learning this Reinmancy business, he decided it would be a freezing day in the Burning Lands before he let someone do that to him. No, he would let Nya do it, maybe.

Abashai, however, did not hold these things against Terminus, not really. He saw how the reinmancer looked at Nya, heard the compassion in his voice. It was obvious that he cared for Nya very much and would not intentionally hurt her. This did not bother Abashai, rather, he was grateful for Terminus' friendship. It was the talk of Djed and Res and things he did not understand that made the benshiran edgy.

He had paced for a while, sipping on a heavy mug of spiced tea. The familiar aroma served to calm his spirit. He focused on the subtle sounds within the cave; his boots scraping on the cave floor, the deep breathing of the sleeping man, the crackling fire. The benshiran tried to release the anxiety of Nya's initiation, and the agitation it had stirred within him.

Sitting down again on the furs across from Terminus, Abashai sipped at his calming tea and stared into the fire. When Nya returned to sit next to him, he remained silent again, but gave her a slight smile that let her know he was alright and glad that she returned and seemed to be herself. He could still sense something vague, almost imperceptible that still seemed to bother her. It was the same disturbance that he had noticed on several occasions since winter began.

He listened to his bondmate turn the traumatic event into unspoken forgiveness and compassionate encouragement for the firedancer to make the initiation process his own. Then she deflty changed the subject back to Terminus, an opportunity to learn more about what made him what he was today.

As the forest cat settled her head on Abashia's knee and stretched out, her bondmate was finally put at ease. Just as his scent had a peaceful effect on Nya, the sound of her soft alto voice pacified his soul. As Terminus began to share a bit of his past, Abashai gently combed his bondmate's long hair with his fingers, still damp around the edges of her face, and opened himself to up learn.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nya Winters on January 10th, 2010, 11:10 am

Nya didn't hold it against Terminus either. She was angry at first, but it was because it was so unexpected. And he had warned her, quite thoroughly. Nya unconsciously took comfort in her bondmate's touch as she listened to Terminus' answer and felt the sadness in her heart. The woman needed a kelvic, one that could teach her how to love and accept better. That much was evident. Miranda. She'd remember the name, in case she ever crossed her path. And as much as Miranda needed a bondmate, Nya suspected Terminus needed one more. She hoped Avi and him would gravitate, for if ever there was a kelvic that needed someone to understand her and not fear her, it was Avi. Nya had gotten very lucky in her bond with Abashai, and felt it every day. She felt it even now as his fingers combed through her damp hair comfortingly.

Silently, as she often did, Nya sent a thread of a breeze out with a secret wish, asking Zulrav to oversee it. Avi, after all, was one of his children being born a creature of flight. If it was meant to be, she was certain her generous lord would help.

And just as certain as she was sure about Terminus' need, she was certain about her own. She needed to learn this art and though Abashai didn't know it yet, he too needed this knowledge. Nya hoped he'd listen carefully because as soon as she could fully form and control her Res, she'd teach Abashai how to do it as well if he was willing. Terminus was going to lead the way. Even in his embarrassment over what happened, he was still being generous and giving - helping both her and Abashai.

She listened to Terminus' voice carefully, comfortable with Abashai's touch, and began to softly purr. When he paused, took a breath, and silence flooded the cave, Nya spoke again.

"Terminus, can you tell us something about Reinmancy? I mean, how it came to be or what its history is?"
She asked, curiously.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Terminus Norin on January 11th, 2010, 7:25 am

Terminus was letting the shame and guilt go as he felt Nya calming and of course he could at first feel the edges of Abashai's disturbance which also had faded. He knew he would have to do a little purging yet, perhaps a few days camping in the wood as he was to meet Avi there for a hunting lesson in two days time. The thought of her brought a small smile to his face and he was sure Nya and Abashai had caught it. The Nya's question brought him back to the here and now

I believe Reimancy is among the most ancient of arcana, it originated in Alahea centuries before the Valterrian or so it is said. I have heard rumors that Reimancers served on Kova's court. The practice has changed somewhat due to the near complete loss of magic due to the events of the Valterrain, but it is basicaly the same idea, you give part of yourself to charge your magical effect.

He smiled kind of shyly and seemed to grow quite coy as a question passed into his mind. he thought it might be a question that Nya would like to answer, but was a little shy about asking. he spoke softly and not without a significant coloring of his cheeks.

Nya, there is a question you can answer for me. It is similar to the one I asked Abashai. But I need the answer from a Kelvic point of veiw. Would you be willing to tell me how you recongnized Abashai as the one you would bond with? His blush deepened as he knew he was asking her a very intimate question, but he had an equally intimate reason for wanting to know.

I ask because it seems like since I met Avi I cant get her out of my mind. There is something very palpable there. Frankly it scares me and I am embarassed to have to ask such an intimate question of you.

He also though had one onther thing to say but Nya's answer would come first
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abashai on January 11th, 2010, 5:11 pm

A peace had returned to the cave, and the evening became three friends sitting by the fire. Gently caressing Nya's head, Abashai allowed himself to relax and open up to the things Terminus described. He had a feeling this kind of magic was going to be part of his life, whether he liked it or not. He had already learned it was dangerous and not to be trifled with. A respectful fear seemed to be the first thing to learn about Reinmancy.

Ah, and then it came. The benashiran saw the firedancer's face soften, even redden and he stumbled to ask his question. A knowing grin graced Abashai's face. Terminus and Abashai had already breached the subject at the fire festival, though the bonded man was not sure he was of any help. It was apparent there was some...thing between Terminus and Avi, something he believed Nya was encouraging. Avi was an attractive young lady, the exotic beauty of the Vantha and her disarming personality would indeed leave a man to wonder what truly drew him to the kelvic.

Abashai leaned back, smiling, anxious to hear how his bondmate would answer the question.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on January 13th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Nya nodded, understanding what Terminus was saying completely. "My mother Zilvia studies old magics. She speaks the old tongue a little and is interested in such magics. I think I'll ask her more about Reinmancy if she knows when I see her again. What you say makes sense. Alahea was very rich in magic. I think it was further south of here, at least thats were all the best artifacts are. Which I think is why my mother lives in the north." Nya said, laughing softly. Zilvia traveled, but she always returned home with whatever treasures she found. And home was safer north than south for certain.

"I did not have the same problem you do with Avi. I do not know if Abashai realizes it, but we've rarely been apart for more than a few hours since I met him. I didn't know we were going to bond when I first saw him, but there was definitely something about him that made me want to... I..."
Nya struggled with this, then rolled to her side and sat up. She took a breath, glanced sideways at her bondmate, and then met Terminus' gaze.

"I thought he was beautiful the first time I saw him. The proud way he stood and how silken his long hair was... his scent came to me and it was so familiar so appealing. I make it sound like he looked handsome, but that is not it at all. It was like his scent was perfect and his voice was perfect and the feeling he gave me was indescribable. I touched him a lot. I still do. There is a need deep inside of me to be close to him and protect him. But there's nothing about him that doesn't suit me. He is far from perfect. Abashai redefined stubbornness to me. He isn't always the best at expressing his feelings - especially his worries. And he has taught me a great deal about myself and helped me play up my strengths without giving in to my weaknesses. He is very good about helping people do that, even if he does not realize it. I was looking for someone like him... it was the reason my mother tossed me from her sight. I know that now. What I didn't know is how frustrating a bondmate can become for the bonded, nor how obsessive one can become about them."
Nya said frankly. She was willing to be honest with Terminus because he'd always been honest with her.

"Avi is a good age to bond. She is young, but not too young that a bond would make her stupid. But Terminus, you should be warned. Be sure Avi is what you want. I think its a good match, but I am standing outside of your lives. It's been my experience that predators like her are very possessive of their bondmates. Avi is big. She's dominant. She's used to getting her way. If she wants you, she will stop at nothing to make sure you bond. But in a way, it can be a yoke."
Nya glanced at Abashai and swallowed slightly. "It will be very hard for her to share you if you decide to take a wife later. She will want you to be happy and help you find a good one, but it will still be very hard for her to share. It is our instinct to take care of all our bondmate's needs. If they want something, we really are compelled to see that they get it. I sometimes know if Abashai is craving tea or if hes hungry or tired. I cannot help seeing that he gets his tea or sleep or something to eat. It is as part of me as breathing is. If he had other needs, I'd see to those as well. I feel them when he has them. I am sure he feels my needs too. I think he eats a lot more red meat a lot rarer than he used too... though I haven't seen him eating anything raw yet." Nya grinned, even though she left out a lot of details, but Terminus was no fool and could read between the lines easily enough.

"You will not have... much privacy left unless you enforce it. She will take a firm hand otherwise you'll be giving a lot of yourself whether you like it or not. I had no idea, until I bonded, about societies rules. There are a lot of them. Kelvics tend to break them a lot, so its a big responsibility bonding to one. You must be a strong-willed person."
Nya said gently, then turned to bump her head against Abashai's shoulder. Her face softened as she rubbed against her bondmate, leaving no question in Terminus' mind that the girl loved Abashai deeply. "But Abashai would know more about what it is to be human and deal with the inhuman. I know I try his patience a great many times... and there are things I have wanted from him that he is not always willing to give. He is firm, and in the end he is usually right. You must be the same way, Terminus... or you will find yourself in a situation you do not like. Avi won't be able to help it. She will push your boundaries. Sometimes you should give, but mostly you should be firm." Nya encouraged. "If, that is, a bonding is what you want. You can't change your mind, Terminus. It is for the rest of the kevlic's life. And she won't live as long as you... not unless there's an accident." Nya said thoughtfully, glad that Abashai was older and their lives would be almost equal in length because of it.

"But.. back to the magic. Are you feeling stronger? If I can learn to shape djed, I want to show Abashai how so we can both know this art and learn it together... even if we have to postpone training a few days until we can get him generating his own djed so we can learn together at the same time and practice. We will need to know. I know I will learn air, but Abashai is something stronger, something deeper... he is too calm for fire and too solid for water... I think he will learn earth. He is comfortable here in this cave, and all the places he talks of from his past were etched in stone. He is a lot like stone and earth. Semele would not reject him from her realm, I think."
Nya said, voicing what she knew her bondmate was feeling and thinking. This training was for him as well, as much as it was for her. Air would make her fly and help them both tremendously, but Abashai would keep them grounded, rooted firmly in their beliefs and in their sense of purpose.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on January 18th, 2010, 4:15 am

Terminus had been listening to Nya answer his question. She had brought up several very important points. He had not thought about the fact that Avi was a predator and a large one at that. Nor had he thought about dominance issues, nor the fact that Avi was not used to not getting her way. It was a lot to think about.

Then there was the sharing issue. He hadn't thought about Avi having to share him,he had always thought he would mate with her if they bonded. He hadn't thought that bonding might not result in mating, what if he did choose a wife other than Avi? He hadn't thought of what a burden that might be on her.

He also hadn't considered how complete the bonding was for a Kelvic. He hadn't considered that she would be compelled to meet his needs once she knew what they were. He had known it would be for all of her life and that she wouldn't live as long as he would.

Privacy would become an issue as would rules of living with humans. Though it did appear that Avi was more indoctrinated into the rules of human society than some Kelvics. He knew he would have to teach her what she didn't know and be firm. He hadn't considered that there would be struggles for dominance and it would take a very firm hand to convince Avi to see things the way they needed to be seen..sometimes. He had already seen some of her dominant behavior. He contemplated this for a while before answering Nya.

I am becoming sure Avi is who I want. I know that bonding gives me great responsibility though I hadn't considered the true scope of that till you spoke the words. I would have to consider if I want to mate with Avi as for me bonding would be the same as choosing her as a mate.

He smiled softly and said. I do realize from what you have been saying that it doesn't of necessity mean that. But believe me it is obvious from watching you and Abashai that it might be a natural result. I can sense your love for each other.

Again his smile was soft and slightly frightened, I think I want that to happen with Avi and I should we bond, I'm just scared after what happened with Sura. I will be certain beyond a doubt that she is what I want before anything happens.

He thought for a moment before going on. I think I can be firm though with her. I know that in any relationship that is needed, I also know that with her being dominant and big and a predator, I will need to be more so.

He then responded to her last statement

As far as the magic goes. I am ready for your final lesson for today. Now that your body had become accustomed to Res, it is time for you to learn to produce and control it. I promise this isn't as bad as the initiation He smiled and laughed showing he had accepted Nya's forgiveness for the ritual and was ready to move on
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abashai on January 18th, 2010, 4:41 pm

As Nya and Terminus discussed bonding, Abashai listened quietly, looking down ocassionaly as his bondmate described in detail their special relationship. He was warmed by her honesty. Though their lives had obstacles and misunderstandings and frustrations, it was the most perfect relationship he had ever had. And it was only getting stronger and closer.

Abashai had spoken to the reinmancer at the festival on the subject, and easily read the man's desire to pursue a bond with Avi. It seemed that supernatural force was already at work between them.

But Terminus' situation was significantly different than Abashai's. Nya had been correct, from the moment they met, the two of them were not apart for several ten-days, and for only a few hours at a time after that. Abashai did not have the opportunity to walk away and contemplate a decision. He thanked the Gods for that. Who he was back then could have very likely over analyzed the situation and talked himself right out of Nya's life. His heart skipped a beat. The very thought that he could have missed this life with Nya gave him a crushing feeling in his chest. Indeed, he thanked the Gods everyday for Nya and the bond. Without it, he knew the love that they shared would never have come to be. Abashai knew that, if it was meant to be, Terminus would not regret bonding with Avi, despite the difficulties that may come with it. He would have the benefit (or disadvantage) of knowing what to expect.

The conversation returned to the subject at hand, this Reinmancy. Despite the resistance to magic inherent in his background, Abashai had become more interested in learning about it. He laughed to himself. Nya knew that from the beginning, expecting him to show up at the cave during the training. She knew him so well. Had Nya invited him to join them ahead of time, Abashai would have the opportunity to balk. His bondmate knew the importance of this training, that it could work for them in what lay ahead. She, too, was right in that Abashai had already pondered what he could do with Res and earth, before the initiation.

But Nya's traumatic initiation had given him reason to reconsider. He considered Terminus a friend, but Abashai resolutely did not want him, or anyone, to do that to him. Abashai was stubbornly protective of his space, of his body. The thought of the man cutting him, seizing him and then letting that junk ooze into every opening in his body gave him shivers and a strong compulsion to strike out. The only way he would consider the initiation was if Nya could perform it. She had managed to breach most of his defenses anyway, and he knew he would withstand any trial for her. Abashai only gave Nya a knowing look. She would feel his agreement, his willingness to become a student and to receive the Res....and know that only she would be permitted to perform the ritual.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on January 25th, 2010, 5:15 pm

ApologiesI thought it was someone else's turn!

Time to make Res? Terminus hadn't exactly explained to her how to make it, he simply had said it was time to do so then paused as if he expected her to fully understand by now. Nya knew what Res was. It was something Zilvia had talked about at times, though she'd never seen any physical evidence of it. Reinmancy was different in the magics she did know. Hypnotism required no Res, it simply required djed to be directed in a specific way backed by the force of her will.

But she could feel Terminus' own Res inside of her, mingling with her bloodstream, mixing with her djed and she felt an almost overwhelming urge to concentrate on that process. Nya grew still and quiet, bowing her head. Her bloodstream was rumbling a lot like her stomach did when she was on the verge of being hungry. And in a way, the more she focused, the more she could feel like she had mental fingers on her blood, almost like hypnotism, willing her djed to first hand make the transformation from what it was in its raw form to what it would become within her. It was a slow process at first, one she had to really concentrate on - gather the djed and asking it to change, transform, grow more viscous and tangible. It was a lot like transforming an idea into reality without truthfully doing anything.

And before long a very startled and odd expression crossed Nya's face and her body jerked slightly, her eyes growing wide for a moment. Abruptly her mouth came open as if she hiccuped involuntarily, and a silvery blue substance wafted out, thick and yet almost lighter than air. With all that concentrating, she'd somehow filled herself up and couldn't contain any more, and it made her start to shake. The hiccup was followed by a bletch that contained the stuff, and that in turn was almost instantly followed by the forest cat surging to her hands and knees and vomiting the stuff up. Her expression looked pained, and they could both see the cold sweat upon her brow as she grabbed at her stomach, but the stuff kept coming anyhow. She vomited twice more, the res pooling on the furs, only slowly dispersing as it found no outlet and was not channeled into any power.

Nya moaned, not having anticipated producing so much, and tried to will her body to stop making the substance for she had no idea what to do with it. It filled her, and once her mind talked her djed into transforming, the way to making it stop didn't seem clear cut to her. Complexion pale, skin pasty, late into the afternoon, she curled up on the furs, groaning, and shivered. The Res kept leaking from her, but she had no idea how to shape it or how to make it stop.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on January 25th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Terminus had not expected for Nya to try and form Res right away. He was hoping for questions and a little bit of instruction. He saw what was happening to her and at first it was what he expected, a small amount of Res came out. But when large amounts started coming out, he became concerned, almost panicked. This had never happened, Mirinda had instructed him and Sura in how to control the Res before they tried to make it. He did however know how to stop it.

Nya! Focus on my voice, See the Res, tell it to return to Djed. Concentrate, slowly see it returning.

Once he could see that she had managed to stop producing he said softly Now Nya, the Res still inside you, focus on it,concentrate. Make it flow out of your hands, form it into any shape you choose. Most start with a ball. See the ball in your mind. Once that is done release the Res.

He hoped that would get the excess Res out of her and return her Djed to normal.
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext