[Merchant] Horse Breeder: Steeds & Yves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Inanis on May 1st, 2012, 11:18 am

Inanis walked into the tents. She approached Atticus, whom she heard much of, including his long hair. She looked at him and smiled in a greeting way, " Hello I'm Inanis, I would like to purchase a horse. Nothing too expensive, around 100 M. Like a Zavian. Only for riding purposes." She looked around shyly.

Surprisingly she wanted to buy a horse. Nothing too big but enough to satisfy her travel needs. She had one once but that relationship didn't last long. A couple of months and the horse was sick of her.

She waited for Atticus to reply. The silence tore her. She urged to touch a horse once more...

You see with your eyes, but trust with your heart.
Inanis
I hope to get my Windmarks soon

Words: 3300
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2012, 7:54 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Konrad Venger on February 22nd, 2017, 9:02 pm

"Are you sure about this?"

"Aye, m'sure."

"All right, then."

Konrad barked out a laugh the fierce fight Atticus put up. Not too surprising, though. A man came to him to trade in his mount, buy a more expensive one and get hold of some gear as well? He couldn't fault him for not trying too hard not to make probably the best sale of the day.

"Tired of your feet scraping the ground, eh?"

"Funny petching man."

Konrad spoke but didn't look at the man. His eyes were as his hands: on the snout of the tall, inscrutable horse that was son to be his. Pitch black save for the back half, which looked like some idiot had spilled paint over its arse. Now it was speckled white and brown into the bargain, and Konrad thought it looked like lavatory paper was clinging it it.

Such was his refined sense of humor.

"So, I take it you want some mizas knocked off for bring back the pony, hmm?"

Konrad glanced at the pen where Dapple had gone trotting back to greet his friends from less than a season ago. He felt a tiny pang of sorrow that the stout little sod was leaving him, but it didn't last but a tick. Mainly because that wasn't really accurate, and he didn't care that much. He did want a decent mount, and he didn't need two, so why not trade one in?

But not quite as Atticus expected.

"Nope. Full price f'this bugger 'ere." Atticus made no reply, and Konrad turned, smiling at the confused expression he knew the man would be wearing... and nope, he was not disappointed. "Lookin' f'some gear, though. Saddle, bridle, saddlebags..."

Atticus gave a "hmm" and scratched his chin, like this was really some petching sacrifice for him. Konrad had done the numbers, like he usually did before matching finances with a man determined to reduce his own. All three items would be around twenty mizas; he'd paid thirty for the pony. So he was owed ten, but that depended on the gear, and if it was good enough...

"Hmm... I think I might have some things for ya."

"Aye. Thought y'might."

A quarter-belle later, and Konrad was satisfied enough to "forget" about the extra ten coins. He looked in Atticus' eyes and saw the man was wondering when it was coming up, but the two of them were mummers in the same play: The Day The Walahk Forgot His Coins. So instead the Drykas focused on getting the saddle across the horse's back, fixing the bit and bridle in place, then the saddlebags.

Konrad watched every motion, sucking silently on his pipe as he did. Finally the man slapped the top of the saddle and grinned.

"You're ready to go."

The walahk nodded his thanks and hoisted himself up and over the saddle... after a fashion. The horse snuffled and spooked a touch, but pulling a little on the reins seems to help. Gods, that was an improvement. Not only on his sore arse, but having the control a bridle allowed. Konrad tipped his hat, just liek he'd done the last time he'd been to see Atticus, and steered the big sod back the way he'd come.

"Good do business."

"You too, walahk."

Receipt: :
"Yeh Bugger" (Horse, Light) - 75gm
Saddle, Riding - n/a
Saddlebags, Large - n/a
Bit and Bridle - n/a
TOTAL: -75gm

Pony "Dapple" traded for last three items (at a one-third loss), hence no cost

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger