Special Delivery (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Archon on May 19th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Jokor's tough little legs got him to the double doors of the Temple of All Gods quickly, and he made it inside with the last remnants of Syna's light still peeking through the colored windows to illuminated the interior.

Amidst the pews Jokor spotted a group of people all huddled together and speaking softly to each other, and at the far end of the temple stood a man of average height in a sackcloth robe. The man turned his green eyed gaze to Jokor upon his arrival for a brief moment, and then returned his attention to the book that he held open before himself that he seemed to be reading from.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Jokor on May 19th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Jokor let out a sigh of relief as he arrived at the temple with no further problems, not one to dawdle he quickly entered the church, he didn't want the sun to be late, they might withhold his pay for the day or something else that would screw him over.

As he entered the church jokor's eyes where pulled towards a groep of people whispering to each other, while at the far end of the church there stood a man in an old ragged sackcloth robe who momentarily shifted his gaze towards him before turning back to his book. Intrigued as to what the group of people where talking about he silently walked towards them, meaning to ask them who and where morian was and maybe catch a bit of their conversation in the progress, planning to ask the question when they either noticed him or when he found out what they where talking about and if it interested him or not.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Archon on May 20th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Jokor's approach to the group was unnoticed by any of them, and as he drew closer he noticed that all of them seemed to have their eyes closed. As he moved even closer he could faintly make out the words they were speaking together, "Leth, guide us as you watch over us during the night. Help us to be as ever changing as you, so that we may move with the world and always grow and improve ourselves."

Another voice spoke, this one from behind Jokor, "Can I help you with something boy?"

If he turned then Jokor would find the sackcloth robed man standing there, his eyes on Jokor and the barest hint of a smile on his lips, "You don't seem to be one of Leth's devoted, and I doubt they would appreciate you interrupting them."
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Jokor on May 20th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Jokor just arched an eyebrow at the words he managed to catch as he got closer, leth? Watch over us during the night? Help to be everchanging? Now that was the biggest bull he heard in his entire life, nobody watched over you during the night so you better knew a safe place or learned to sleep with one eye open... Or best of all you had both of those options covered. Turning away from the group with a snort only to bump into the same man wearing a sackcloth robe that was at the back of the church only a few moments ago.

Quickly concealing the fact that he was trying to eavesdrop on the group of people he responded to the question.
"Yeah I have to find a guy named morian around here, got a package to deliver to him." When the man made a comment about him being not one of leth's devoted jokor shrugged.
"Your right about that, dun even know who tha guy shoulda been or what he would be tha god of. I only know Kelwyn and yshul."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Archon on May 21st, 2011, 8:17 pm

The robed man tilted his head to the side slightly at Jokor's proclamation of ignorance, "Leth is God of the moon and change. It is he who reigns over the night sky," the man's voice was soft, so as to not disturb the people praying nearby, "As for Morian, I am he," he motioned away from the group of people praying as he walked away.

Moving a respectable distance away from the gathered group Morian turned and waited for Jokor to walk up to him again, "So, what package do you have for me?" he asked when Jokor was close again, his voice containing just a hint of curiosity.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Jokor on May 21st, 2011, 8:34 pm

Jokor followed morian a few steps away from the group, filing the information about leth away for later, knowledge was power and power was survival after all.
when morian asked what package he had for him jokor just held out the packaged book.
"This one here." Jokor waited till the man had taken the book before speaking up again.
"So was that all that had to be done or do you need to give me a message to the woman who gave me that package?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Archon on May 24th, 2011, 1:32 am

Morian took the package from Jokor, and a hint of curiosity entered his voice as he asked, "A woman gave you this package for me?"

Carefully Morian unwrapped the package, and as he saw the book contained within a soft smile slid over his lips, "Ah, the book I loaned to Janice. What an interesting way to return it," he removed the package and the twine, handing them back to Jokor, "Would you please return those to her, along with my thanks for returning it in good condition," he paused a moment, thinking, "And let her know if she wishes to borrow any other books of my collection she has only to ask."

With that Morian turned away from Jokor and made his way back towards where he had been standing when Jokor first arrived in the Temple of All Gods. The group of Leth worshipers seemed to have finished their prayer, the group of them now standing and conversing softly with each other.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Jokor on May 25th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Jokor just waited for morian to finish unwrapping the package, looking around and taking in the rather breathtaking, for jokor at least, architecture. When the man remarked that the woman that send him on the had used a rather strange method for it jokor couldn't help but feel his curiosity return with a vengeance, using an errand boy like him wasn't that weird, at least by his standards. Had it something to with that flash of read he saw when he was leafing through the book?

Jokor just nodded when the man gave him the message he should give Janice, mentally making a note to get his hands back on that book later and give it a through inspection.
“Sure will do morian.” Jokor said as he walked back towards the exit the twine and the fabric the book was wrapped in his hands. That and he was going to pay that woman who ambushed him on the way to here, get to konw what exactly she needed form the book.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Archon on May 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Morian barely paid any attention as Jokor left, having gone back to his books already. The newly received one he placed next to several other books in a nearby pile.

Outside of the Temple of All Gods Syna had just finished giving her place in the sky over to Leth, leaving the courtyard much darker than it had been a short while before. It was still light enough to see by, and with the crowds having thinned as evening came on it didn't take Jokor long to return to the Welcome Center.

As soon as he entered into the building Janice, the girl who had sent him on the errand, shot him a bit of a glare, "Jokor! I thought you said you were fast! Tell me you at least got the book to Morian in time?" there was a hint of anxiousness in her words as she spoke. It seemed rather important to her that the book was delivered on time.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Special Delivery (Jokor)

Postby Jokor on May 28th, 2011, 11:00 am

Jokor didn't take to long before he arrived again at the welcome center, janice shot him a slight glare.
“Don't worry Janice.” he replied as he closed the door behind him. “I just got a bit distracted on the way back to the welcome center,walked into somebody I hadn't seen for a while, your package was delivered to morian with time to spare.” he said in the most soothing tone he could master, which wasn't that good really, as he exagerated how much time he had left.
“Also morian told me to thank you for taking good care of the book and said that if you needed any other book you just had to ask.” He said as walked over to janice and handed over the twine and cloth of the package.
“I had to give you this back to.”
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext