What do you want? (Macka)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on May 19th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Nisana's glare did not abate as the naked Kelvic answered her questions, clearly not satisfied with the answers he was providing. His sudden declaration did though, replacing her glare with a look of surprise, "I will be your Master? What do you mean by that?"

Searching her mind for any clue what the cat-man could be talking about, she remembered vaguely about Kelvics bonding with certain people. Frowning at the thought she looked the man in the eyes once more, "You mean you are bonded with me? Why, because I fed you a piece of meat?"

The longer this situation was going the more she was disliking it. The thought of being followed around be a Kelvic, especially a cat, brought a very displeased frown to her face as she glared at the man.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 19th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Bonded? The term sounded familiar. Macka was pretty sure that was the term his mother had used to describe her human.

"Yes," he finally said, "And no. It was more than just the meat. That was just a pleasant bonus. Have you ever been bored, and just didn't know what sounded like fun? Or hungry, but didn't know what sounded appealing?"

"Apparently, not having a master feels similar to that," he said with a shrug, "I was bored, and agitated, and generally uncomfortable because something I did not know about was missing."

"I feel much better now, though," he added with a grin, ignoring the pale woman's glare.
Macka
Player

Words: 7978
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 19th, 2011, 8:33 pm

The Kelvic's explanation did little to improve Nisana's mood. She might be happy if it was a female Kelvic, that would at least be able to be a surrogate, but the thought of having a male feline Kelvic follow her around just did not sit well.

"So I am your Master, because you are not bored now?" Nisana asked with a small shake of her head, and then an idea struck her, "So, if you grow bored again then you will move on and leave me alone?"

She could only hope the answer was yes. The next while would certainly be boring enough as her wrist healed, and so hopefully that would be enough to drive the Kelvic to boredom and away from her.

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 19th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Macka's face screwed up in thought as he considered the pale woman's question. He actually had no idea how Bonding worked. Certainly, that looming sense of uncomfortable boredom was gone. Could a Bond be broken just by being bored again? His mother's Bond with his father had lasted until his father had died, and his mother had yet to bond another.

Finally he shrugged, "Maybe?"
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 20th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Nisana gave a soft sigh, bringing her left hand up to rub at her temples. It seemed every day that she was injured was going to be full of frustrations. Finally she returned her gaze to the naked man sitting across from her, "Very well. If I am going to be your Master I guess I should know you. What is your name, and what can you do?" At least if she was going to be stuck with this cat following her around she could try and make some use out of it.

Glancing about the common room with her Amethyst eyes Nisana noticed some of the awkward glances and whispering being directed in their direction, and she gave a soft sigh, "And do you have some clothes you could put on? You are drawing some unpleasant attention."

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 20th, 2011, 4:01 pm

"My name is Macka," he said with a grin, "And I can turn into a human... or a cat, depending on your point of view, I guess. Mostly, I hunt lizards, mice, and birds. But..."

He leaned across the table and glanced around before saying, in a conspiratorial whisper, "I know some of the best places in the city to climb up to and lay in the sun."

He followed the pale woman's gaze around the room, and for the first time noticed that their table was the center of attention. He preened for a bit, puffing his chest slightly for all their viewers, then realized that his master seemed to be bothered by the stares.

"My robe is up on the roofs," he said, making a vague gesture upward, "But I can turn back into a cat if you want. People seem to mind nakedness less that way."
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 21st, 2011, 6:09 am

Any hope that Nisana had in Macka being useful quickly faded at his words, and a disappointed frown touched her lips, "You can hunt small animals... and know the best places to lay in the sun?" her voice was filled with disbelief.

She should have known that Macka wouldn't have much in the way of skills. He was a cat after all, and what use was a cat other than an annoying hunt and meat? None in Nisana's experience.

Another sigh escaped from Nisana's lips at the location of Macka's clothing. Waving her left hand dismissively at the Kelvic she spoke again, "Yes, go get your robe. I will be here a while waiting for my food."

Maybe she would get lucky and he would find something else more interesting while he was gone. If not, at least she would have some peace for a while, and maybe she would be able to leave and lose him.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 23rd, 2011, 3:15 pm

"Yes," Macka said happily, "Riverfall is laid out very well for sunning, but there are some areas that stand out above the others."

He gave a shrug at his master's next statement, "Okay." He would never understand the strange aversion others had to nudity. Still, if it put her at ease, he could go get his robe.

Standing and giving an expansive stretch, Macka vanished into a cloud of shimmering light that died away to show a tawny cat sauntering away. Once he was out of the inns swirling shades of gray and purple, he broke into an easy, loping run.
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 23rd, 2011, 5:31 pm

Nisana gave a sigh as Macka left, dropping her head down into a cradle made by her left hand. Briefly she contemplated just leaving her meal to try and hide from the feline, but she quickly banished the thought. She was Nisana Curare, and she would not run or inconvenience herself just because some stray cat had taken a liking to her.

Perhaps she could still figure out some use for the pathetic creature. He had said he hunted small creatures... Maybe he could provide a bit of a job scouting for her when she hunted. Not that she needed someone to help with her hunts, but if he was going to be annoying her he could at least provide some benefit to her.

Maybe he could even provide other information. A cat could go places Nisana might not be able to go easily. She would have to test him first, make sure he was trustworthy, but if he could help her find a surrogate then she might even be happy enough to let him accompany her back to Kalinor.

Now with a faint, pleased, smile on her lips Nisana sat tall once again. When Macka returned she would see about finding a use for him, and that would go a long way towards salvaging what she had thought to be a terrible day.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 24th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Moving through the streets and alleys of Riverfall at a trot, Macka was soon near what he thought of as his den. Following a well used route known, as near as he could tell, only by him, he leaped from the ground to a window sill, and from the window sill to an overhang above a doorway, and from there it was a full bodied leap up the the roof of the building. The entire process had taken less than five heartbeats, and then he was slinking along the roof toward the corner tucked away behind a chimney that held the extent of his worldly belongings.

Out in the sun, it was easy to forget exactly what he had been supposed to do. He remembered that the pale woman had told him to do something, but it was just too warm to remember. So comfortable. Quite without realizing it, Macka had curled up into a tight little ball in his patch of sun and fallen asleep.

Not quite a bell later, the tawny cat blinked his eyes lazily open and gave an expansive yawn. That's right, his master had wanted him to get his robe. But the sun was so warm...

With a chuff of irritation at the thought of having to descend from his perch in his human form, he exploded into motes of light and coalesced once more into a tanned, naked blonde man, sitting cross legged on the tile of the roof. Yawning again, he snatched up a worn robe that had possibly once been white but was now more of a beaten in gray and wrapped it around his shoulders, tying it loosely about his waist.

The descent was much less graceful than the previous ascent, a fact that Macka blamed on the unweildiness of his now larger form. He slid off of the roof feet first on his belly, dropping down until he hung from the tips of his fingers to drop the last few feet to the side of the street to land in a low crouch, his robe billowing about him and doing nothing to aid any sense of modesty passersby might have felt.

With another yawn and a stretch with his arms above his head, Macka walked easily back to the inn. Able to reach the door this time, entry was not dependent on someone else, and he entered easily on his own to saunter back to the table where he could still see the pale woman, his master, sitting.
Macka
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext