What do you want? (Macka)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on May 25th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Nisana gave a soft sigh to herself as she saw Macka enter back into the tavern. She had just been drinking up the last remnants of her liquefied meal, and with his extended absence she had begun to hope that maybe he had indeed found something more interesting to follow.

Slurping the last of the meat off of the plate she placed it back on the table, and then stood up, "I was starting to wonder if you would ever come back. Did you get distracted by something?"

Shaking her head dismissively before Macka could answer Nisana gave a faint smile as an idea struck her, "Never mind. Come, walk with me Macka. I have something I want to talk with you with," expecting the Kelvic to follow she left the tavern and started to walk the streets of Riverfall once again.

She wanted to be somewhere well away from possible prying ears before she started to talk to him about her idea. If he could help with this then she would put up with the feline tagging along with her for some time.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 25th, 2011, 6:09 pm

He had been halfway to sitting down again when the pale woman abruptly stood and left the inn. "I found a nice spot of sun," he said with a grin as he fell into step to the side and slightly behind his master, "It was just too good to pass up."

Back out in the streets, Macka asked, "Where are we going?"
Macka
Player

Words: 7978
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 26th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Nisana rolled her eyes slightly at Macka's explanation why he had taken so long to return, but said nothing. It had been rather nice having the Kelvic away for so long. She would have to remember his affinity for sunlight in the future.

"Somewhere less likely to draw attention," Nisana said softly in response to his question, and then remained silent until they had started on their way back up the path that led to the rest of Riverfall, "Tell me Macka, what do you know of the Nakivak?"

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 26th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Following along behind his master, Macka screwed up his face in thought. He had heard the word before but it did not mean anything to him, "It's a... thing... that is about... breeding?" It felt like a lame answer, but it was all he could remember.

Abruptly though, he brightened. "Follow me," he said, grabbing his master's uninjured wrist and pulling her into an alley that would begin a twisting path through the streets of Riverfall.
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 27th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Nisana gave a soft sight at Macka's pathetic answer, but she supposed she couldn't expect better from a cat. She was about to start explaining to him what she knew when the Kelvic grabbed her wrist and started pulling her into into an alley.

"Gah! What are you doing?" Nisana snapped at Macka even as she ran after him, not wanting to be dragged along the ground, "This better be good," she muttered after a few moments.

Perhaps the cat knew of something she did not. If so, she might have to revise her thoughts on him. Perhaps he would prove useful after all.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 27th, 2011, 6:09 pm

"You said you didn't want to draw attention," Macka said over his shoulder, picking up speed when he saw that his master was following, "I know just the place.

Darting through alleys and cutting across streets, he pulled the pale woman behind him, up through the tiers until they were at some of the highest points of the city.

Ducking into one last alley way, Macka pointed to a pile of boxes and barrels and said, "Up there."
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 31st, 2011, 4:45 am

Nisana's jaw was clenched tightly against the pain in her ankle after the desperate run to keep up with Macka. She could feel her canines pressing against her lower teeth in frustration and anger. She was tempted to sink them into the fool Kelvic to release the pent up feelings. Viratas would surely frown on such a thing, even if the feline didn't seem particularly intelligent.

"You expect me to climb up there?" the strain was very evident in her strained voice, "How is that going to not draw attention?"

Hobbling her way over to one of the shorter boxes she gingerly sat down, letting out a hiss at the fresh flood of pain to her ankle. Shooting an amethyst gaze at the feline she waited for his explanation, assuming he even had a decent one.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on May 31st, 2011, 2:26 pm

From her tone and posture, his master was more injured than he had thought. He tilted his head quizically, why had she not told him to stop or slow down? Well, this was a disappointment. Even if she could get onto the roof, there was no way she could get down safely if she could not run through the streets.

"You said you wanted someplace where we would not draw attention," he said, looking upward to the roof, "People never look up. And this is really a great rooftop."
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 3rd, 2011, 2:33 pm

Nisana stared at Macka for a moment, and then gave a long suffering sigh as she brought her right hand up to rub at her temples, "This alley should be good enough for now," she fell silent for a moment, dredging through the pulses of pain to find what she had been planning on talking with Macka about, "Right, Nakivak..."

Taking a moment to sit up straight once again Nisana fixed the kelvic with her amethyst gaze, "Nakivak are women bound to provide children for the Akalak. It is a dangerous process, giving birth to an Akalak, and not all women are willing in their service. I hope to find one of these women and," she paused a moment, and decided not to mention the Harvest, "take her away from her cruel situation. This must be done subtly, as I doubt the Akalak will take kindly on losing a woman, but it is something I must do. Can you help me find a Nakivak who wants to leave Riverfall?"

Maybe, at least in this regard, Macka could prove useful. If so she would be willing to put up with his aggravating behavior for a time. Maybe even take him back with her to Kalinor, though she doubted the feline would stick around that long.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 3rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

While his master spoke, Macka listened intently, a puzzled frown on his face. Why would anyone want to be a Nakivak? Though, it seemed that many of them did not get much of a choice in the matter. Still, why would they stay if they were not willing?

It was all very confusing. Still, if was a good sign that the pale woman was kind enough to try and help some of these women. Though...

"If they want to escape, why don't they just leave?"
Macka
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext