Location [Location] The Healing Hand

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Healing Hand

Postby Seth on May 9th, 2011, 9:50 pm

The Healing Hand

The Healing Hand is a medical service supervised by the Black Sun, staffed with both trained professionals in the populace, and from within the Black Sun itself. It is a long-standing business that offers free medical examinations for all registered citizens of Ravok, as well as cheap options for the more advanced kinds of medical operations, such as surgery. All you have to do is show your registration papers at the front desk, and you will immediately be put in line for whatever you need. It is an excellent health service, as long as you have the registration papers needed. For unregistered citizens who attempt to cash in on the healthcare, they will instantly be denied entrance to the building. There are usually Ebonstryfe standing somewhere nearby who will step in to find out why the citizen is unregistered. A steel fence covers most of the entrance which is only accessible via ravosala and a steel gate is closed and locked at night. It is rumored that Ebonstryfe keep a close eye on the building as well and carefully note pedestrian traffic.

Goods and Services

| Simple Medical ServiceSimple check-ups, vaccine shots, as well as herbal presciptions and such fall underneath this category. As long as you show your registration papers at the door, you are granted free service. Otherwise, you will be completely denied even the most simple medical service. | Free, but conditions apply.
| Advanced Medical ServiceSurgery is the most common thing that falls under this category, and is priced on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes they require money up front, sometimes a payment plan, and sometimes you might not even have to pay a cent. It all depends on what kind of citizen you are, and what connections you have. | Prices vary, contact moderator for more info.
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Cassandra Coven on May 26th, 2011, 11:50 am

Timestamp: 85th of Spring, 511 AV

Miserable, eyes red-rimmed and almost in tears, her free hand clutching the wet cloth that covered her right arm, Cassandra stumbled into the Healing Hand by bumping the door open with her hip, almost crashing against another person who was just about to exit the place. Mumbling an apology, the young woman ducked to the side and made her way to the person manning the reception desk.

"H-hi," she stammered in greeting. "Is...is there anything you can do to help me? I have an...extremely persistent rash..."

Cassandra concluded by peeling off the wet rag and showing the receptionist the irritated patch of skin on the back of her arm, just above the elbow. The skin was puffed up and very red, with small wounds that seeped trickles of blood, evidence of her frustrated scratching upon the spot. Just the act of revealing it sent her fingers digging long nails upon it once more, before she forced herself to clamp the wet cloth over the rash once more, its coolness offering her meager relief from the maddening sensation the itch gave her. Her nails still came away bloody from that brief time they worked on the rash.

"It's been unbearable today..."

OOCHi mods! After your reply, please tell me if I should continue this in a new thread or just keep it here. Thanks!
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Strychnos on October 9th, 2011, 11:33 am

Timestamp: 2nd of Fall, 511 AV

Strychnos passed through the door and waited until it was his turn, impatient and restless he constantly tapped his foot on the wooden floor and turned his head towards the exit, as if he tried to indicate that he didn't have time and needed to be somewhere else.

When it was finally his turn he completely changed character, he knew that being tactless and angry wouldn't result in a faster and better treatment. He smiled kindly at the clerk and told her about his plans to visit the Filrian Bog tomorrow. The clerk just nodded but seemed to be waiting for something. A bribe perhaps? Then it hit Strychnos, he had forgotten to show her his registration papers.

After doing so, the clerk also completely changed character, she became kind and understanding. She seemed to know better than to ask questions since she didn't pry into his reasons for going to the Filrian Bog, she merely asked if he was allergic to anything, to which Strychnos replied "No". After the short 'conversation', he was told that a doctor would be here promptly and if he would be so kind as to wait in the waiting room.

No longer restless or impatient, Strychnos sat himself in the waiting room and simply waited for the doctor to come and give him the necessary vaccins.
Strychnos
Player

Words: 13304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet