The Hermit and The Spider (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Leto Sunsinger on May 25th, 2011, 8:11 am

Leto understood when Sama'el said he was sorry, he knew what the man was sorry for just by the tone in his voice, not the specifics, but the general idea. Leto's dark gaze looked towards the ground briefly, and Arias returned the gesture from Dohaina with a flick of his own tail. When Sama'el touched Leto's arm, the man smiled, and looked towards him, with a look of understanding within his eyes. "Thank you," he said, and then laughed when Sama'el spoke of paying a stud fee. It made him happy that Sam could joke around with him, and they could be normal around each other, not having to put up a front or pretend to be something they weren't.

"Don't worry, i'm used to competent and novice cooking as my aunt may cook, but she's not the best in the world..." said Leto when Sama'el spoke of his cooking. "I'm sure you'll do your best though, that's all anyone can do," the man said as his dark gaze returned to Arias whom continued to eye Dohaina and try to force himself closer to her bringing Leto closer to Sama'el. Smiling, he turned his head to look towards Sama'el, scratching his shoulder a bit, and then saying, "You're indentured servent... what did he do?" Leto asked, curious of the nature of his crimes, given that he had a bond on him due to teh fact he did something against Drykas' law. "If you don't want to tell me that's fine, i was just a bit curious... sorry if that sounded rude..." he then said, looking towards the ground, a bit embarassed by his actions in what he said...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 26th, 2011, 3:04 am

The moment past, Sama'el just smiled and watched the horses flirt with each other. But soon enough they reached his humble camp with his tent and Jyn's tent, a picket for Horse and Ugly Pony if necessary. Dohaina never really needed restraining. The cook fire was embers, but that was easily fixed. The pony, the servant, and his daughter seemed to be gone, so Sama'el dismounted near the Windrunner stallion who had been his sole companion until Dohaina had chosen him near the border with Sylira.

"Leto, this gentleman is Horse. Horse, this is Leto. The one I was telling you about. Yes, that one." He grinned and removed Dohaina's tack, picking up a comb and giving her a quick once over to keep her coat healthy and her happy. Being as Jyn wasn't there, Sama'el answered the question quietly: "He stole food for his infant daughter."

There wasn't quite so much dishonor in that as in other crimes, but it was still a crime. He was glad that Jyn was so matter-of-fact about paying off his debt to the Drykas and then joining them. It made sense that he would embrace their culture, and Sama'el was going to try to make it as easy as possible. He hated the idea of slavery, even of indentured servants. But the world worked as the world worked.

"Let me see what we have to eat," he said, and began to look through his stores. "My home is your home. Make yourself comfortable."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on June 12th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Leto smiled, and took himself a seat by the fireplace that seemed bland of flames or embers. This being after he dismounted Arias and took his yvas off of his back, allowing him the freedom from the binds that gripped him when he was being ridden. Arias didn't mind being ridden, but he much more enjoyed running freely as all Striders once were before they bonded with their riders. But then again, freedom would come to them as their bond grew stronger with each of their riders, and allowed them to form stronger bonds with each other. Thus the bond between Arias and Leto was quickly becoming stronger, and Leto had a feeling his friendship with Sama'el would become stronger as well as time went on.

As he sat next to the fireplace, he would look towards Sama'el and smile. "You have a nice area here, i'm sure you'll do fine to make it a welcome home for the members that join your Pavillion, and i'm sure it will become welcome to anyone whom is lost, and can't find their way..." he said softly, knowing that he, himself, had been lost, but was slowly finding his way to where he needed to be all of this time. With friends, friends that he could count on and trust in the direst of situations.

Allowing his obsidian gaze to turn back towards the fire, and then up to Arias, whom approached Dohaina, and rested next to her, Leto grinned, and watched as the two of them enjoyed each other's company, much like Leto was enjoying Sama'el's company for the moment. It would be interesting to see how things developed between the glypher, and the rider, the elder drykas knowing that he only had a few more years before he became older than most of the other drykas within the city. He hadn't found a wife, and that would never happen, given his distaste for the female body, but that was okay. He'd most likely be alone in that way for a long time, if ever he found someone that was the same way as him, but he doubted that it would happen anytime soon, so he would enjoy the company of those he did find.

A smile etched across his face as he picked up a stick, and began to draw various glyphs within the ground, just practicing his glyphing a little bit, but whenever Sama'el approached him once more, he'd scratch them away with his foot, leaving no trace of them, so that he could pay attention to Sama'el more than he was paying attention to himself, given he didn't want to miss anything Sama'el might have said that morning...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 13th, 2011, 1:52 am

After fiddling around with their stores, he realized that Jyn had reorganized things, and he went to the fire to see what was in the pot. Leto was scuffing something out in the dirt, but he didn't look too closely as it was obviously not meant for his eyes. He opened the lid to find good things simmering within, and smiled up to Leto before he began ladling out the hearty stew into bowls.

"When I have my name and my pavilion, I will make a few people family. My friend Denen has been cast out of his own pavilion for reasons I cannot agree with." He would not tell Denen's secrets, but he would make his friend his brother if he could, even if Denen wanted to be more of a wife than a brother. He smiled again at Leto. "If you didn't have your own pavilion, I might pull you into mine. At least that way I'd see you from time to time." That said, he passed him a bowl and a spoon. It was simple fare, but delicious.

He glanced over at Dohaina, who had given Arias a friendly nip on the neck and then returned to cropping the grass a bit. She could be dainty, but she wasn't the sort of girl who was afraid to eat in front of a potential love interest.

"She hasn't gone into her estrous cycle yet, but when she does, may I borrow Arias for a fortnight?" He laughed.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on August 8th, 2011, 6:33 am

"Yes, well..." said Leto as Sama'el passed him the bowl of food. He tasted it a bit, and a smile crossed his face. "I may not stay within my pavillion for long, given it's just me, my uncle, and my aunt... The rest of my family has moved on from our pavillion, and I think it might be time for me to do the same, though, I hesitate on leaving my uncle and aunt behind, as they have no successors other than me when my uncle perishes..." As Leto spoke, he would eat, and look up towards Sama'el.

"But enough sadness, perhaps something better, you're food it pretty decent, i appreciate the taste of it, and your hospitality! said Leto, his obsidian gaze looking towards Sama'el as he spoke. When Sama'el asked of borrowing Arias, the man before him smiled, and then said, "Yes, i have no problems with you borrowing him for a fortnight. I'm sure that he shall have no problems with it as well, given how he's acting around Dohaina..."

As Leto grinned, Arias himself nuzzled Dohaina's neck a bit, then returned to eating the grass as well. It seemed as though they were getting along just fine, and that made Leto happy. It also made him happy that Sama'el was being so kind to him. At least he understood the situation that Leto happened to be in, and Leto's obsidian gaze looked down towards the ground briefly. I wonder... I wonder if he'll ever understand me though... the man thought, but then allowed his gaze to flow back up towards Sama'el from where he was sitting. I wonder... but then he allowed the thoughts to be extinguished from his mind as he watched Sama'el with careful eyes.

"I'm sorry that you haven't seen me as often as you or I would like, things get busy around the pavillion sometimes, and I just get caught up in what i'm doing, and the days seem to fly by..." said Leto finally after eating a bit, and then allowing the food to settle within his stomach. "Perhaps i will take up your offer of joining your pavillion if you indeed are serious about it..." said Leto with a smile upon his face, and then he awaited what Sama'el would say in response to that, wondering how he'd react to another potential person working and helping out within the newly crafted Pavillion of his...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 8th, 2011, 6:54 am

"Family is important," he assured Leto with an understanding smile, though it seemed that the summoner was in a position similar to himself, the only remaining son of his blood. Oh, he had his cousins of the Sunkiss pavilion, more distant family with other names, but the name of his pavilion had not been spoken for years. It was dead. It fell to him to raise it up again, to speak it, and populate it.

He wanted to ask how that made Leto feel, but his hermit friend seemed to want to speak of lighter things, so he shrugged off his questions.

"Eh, I can cook well enough that it doesn't make a person gag, but I'm no great cook. But Denen and Jyn are indifferent cooks as well, so we trade off. But now you know where I live, you can drop by whenever you feel like it. Eat, talk, show me what glyphs you're working out..." He smiled again, but Sama'el was all smiles unless in the throes of some tragedy. The man's mastery of his summoning mysteries impressed Sama'el, and the only thing he had that could compare was his way with horses.

"I think..." He paused, because this was serious again. "I think you should stay with your aunt and uncle for now, because they are your family. But if something happens and you are alone, you should come to me. Live for a while. If you don't wish to keep up the Treebearer name alone... And I know that pressure... I might share my name with you, when I have it again."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on August 8th, 2011, 7:11 am

"You are probably right..." said Leto, nodding as Sama'el spoke with him about keeping the name of treebearer for the time being. "Though, i truthfully am not sure how much longer my aunt and uncle will live, given they are fairly elderly compared to most people. My uncle rarely goes out to hunt anymore, as he is pretty frail. We make most of our living off of our glyphs that we sell..." said Leto, taking another bite of the food he was eating, and smiling at Sama'el. "Doing a lot of business with the reimancers puts food upon our table... though it's not much... but it suffices..." Grinning, he finished off what was within the bowl and looked towards Sama'el.

"It was simple, and good, I appreciate it," he said once more, and looked towards the fireplace that had burning embers within it. As the light of the fire danced within Leto's eyes, it brought up old memories of when he was a younger man. He too was getting to be elderly of the Drykas, and in doing so, was certainly not the youngest man anymore. Allowing the daylight to soak into his body, Leto held the bowl loosely, but firmly so he wouldn't drop it, and looked towards Sama'el once more.

"Eitherway, we shall see what the future brings, given it seems tradgedy strikes unexpectedly, but, even so, we have other people to support us, friends, if you will. No Drykas is ever truly alone, I think..." said Leto, looking towards Sama'el, smiling as he watched him, and then placed a hand upon the stump he was sitting upon. "So tell me, How have you fared within the watch thus far?" asked Leto, looking towards Sama'el, with a brief change of subject, but nonetheless trying to keep the conversation going anyways.

He enjoyed speaking with the younger man, and looking at him brought the man excitement had hadn't felt in a long time. But he maintained composure, and would listen to what Sama'el had to say given he had just asked him a direct question. No time for his mind to linger off to think of other things, and the man was pleased at that for a bit...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 11th, 2011, 6:35 am

Sama'el smiled and kept quiet after that; it wasn't really his place to offer advice. He was young, not an Ankal, not even of the Topaz Clan which claimed a deal of wisdom. Instead he listened to Leto talk about his pavilion while cleaning out the wooden bowls and spoons. It made him sad that Leto had what he wanted, but wasn't happy with it, wasn't willing to make it work somehow. But he supposed everyone had their own path, and Leto had chosen his mysteries, which, as a Sapphire clansman, Sama'el could understand. He brightened a bit thinking of that.

Nodding gratefully for the praise of his cooking, and for the talk of Drykas solidarity, he found nothing that needed arguing. But the question...

"Oh, well... I think I'm getting old before my time, because I keep having to ferry children back to Endrykas who are running away from home because life is so unfair. They have no idea what unfair is. Some people say just to let them go, that the Sea of Grass will teach them... but I don't know. I think family deserves another chance."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on August 11th, 2011, 7:27 am

"I do not think that is a bad thing, ferrying children back to Endrykas, that is..." said Leto as he looked towards Sama'el and watched him clean the wooden bowls out. A smile crossed his face as he did, and Sama'el briefly reminding Leto of a memory of his own mother cleaning out the dishes. He often wondered what she'd have been like if she had actually not been killed by the creatures of the grasslands trying to protect her youth. But, memories past, he couldn't change what happened, so he allowed them to dissipate as they were, just memories. "They need guidance from someone. I do agree with you though, family does deserve another chance..." he said, remembering his own family and how he'd have to give them more chances to accept his own personal issues.

The summoner looked towards Sama'el with his obsidian gaze once more, and grinned. "So, what do you do on your days off of the watch? Or have you had many of those?" he asked, wondering, curiously what Sama'el did upon his off time to satiate his needs of adventurous fun. It would help them to learn more about each other if they were to become better friends. Knowing what one likes to do would help to two of them to match up, and learn more about one another, if they were truly compatible to becoming good friends, or just aquaintances. Leto was more than willing to learn how to ride better if that's what it took to be a decent friend to Sama'el, and he was more than willing to allow him to breed Arias with Dohaina, given the two of them looked like they were ready to start breeding right then and there.

Patiently awaiting Sama'el's answer, Leto shifted his gaze to Arias, whom had taken it upon himself to move a bit closer to Dohaina and continue to eat the grass around the two of them. Shifting his gaze back towards Sama'el, he wondered if the younger man had any plans for the rest of the day, if he was going to do stuff for the watch, or just relax for the day, and not bother doing anything special at all...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 13th, 2011, 11:03 pm

"No," he agreed, "not a bad thing. I just wish I could make them see how good they have it here, but I suppose everybody has to learn lessons for themselves. Me too." He grinned and continued about the business of cleaning up.

Dohaina was not in her estrous cycle, so the horses wouldn't truly mate, but it was clear that there was a simpatico between them. Smiling, he put out some precious grain for the both of them. Grass was all well and good, but a horse needed a balanced diet to maintain proper health. It behooved him to see to Arias' health as well if he wanted the two of them to breed whenever Dohaina's body decided it was ready. He patted Arias on the shoulder, assuming Leto was good enough a friend he could show a little affection to his horse without causing any problems.

As he tended to the horses, he answered Leto's question.

"Most of what I do, for work and for pleasure, is to make myself a better Ankal. I train at the War Pavilion with scimitar and shortbow. I should really work with my dagger, and perhaps wrestling. I ride Horse and Dohaina to keep them fit. I've been learning to work leather. Acrobatics and horse tricks..." He laughed. "I don't know. What do you do for fun?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext