Dangerous Patient[Kamari]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Kalasshmalah on May 14th, 2011, 3:18 am

76th of Spring, 511AV

This is not what I need to be doing!
Malah stared down the Eyktolian Jackal, and it leered back at her with ravenous eyes. She had wandered into it's territory looking for a certain snake, and all she found was this Jackal. Though she was a bit hungry, so she decided to make a snack of it. The Jackal however, seemed to have other plans. It tried to drive the invader away with it's incessant barking and growls. The thing looked puny and meek compared to the near nine foot long Dhani, and Malah was sure she could take it down. Rushing in for the kill, she was surprised when it leaped forward and bit down on her right arm, hard. Hissing as pain shocked through her, she brought her other arm around to grab the Jackal. Holding it in place, she bit down on it's neck and forced her venom into it. After convulsing a few times, it stopped moving. Malah gingerly pried it off of her, and swallowed it whole.

Her arm was bleeding, so she held the wound with her uninjured arm. She couldn't tell how bad the wound was, but she could move the arm still, so it wasn't broken at least. Disappointed in herself, and in that her search would come to an early end, she sulked back towards Ahnatep. She would likely have to find some healer to take a better look at her arm. Malah cursed loudly at the thought of failure, but she was smart enough to know she couldn't continue. Arriving back at Ahnatep a few chimes later, she began to wander the streets, wondering just where she was going to find a healer.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Words: 33972
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 11:22 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Kamari on May 14th, 2011, 8:27 pm

It had been two days since her arrival in Ahnatep and she still couldn't believe her eyes. With a promise to Beres and his wife to return before the evening bell, she had set off again to try and understand the city. Blue eyes were once again wide with wonder, her veiled mouth hanging open in imitation of lizards catching flies. Maybe I should have listened to Beres... This place probably could eat me whole and enjoy the screams. Brows furrowed as her imagination ran away with that thought, her gaze drawing inward as images of giant four arms creatures chased her through the streets. If grandmother could hear my thoughts, she would have you sweeping the tent free of sand for years. That thought brought her back to the real world in time for her to notice the half snake half woman slithering by her.

Startled, she let out a quiet noise and stopped to stare for a moment. Was this a Dhani? She had herd stories about them, but had never seen one before. Murmuring a quiet prayer to Yahel for protection, she let out a breath and started walking again. Just be aware, Kam, there's no need to act like she's going to attack you. Besides, grandmother would probably travel Eyktol for the rest of her life just to smack you on the head for being rude if you stare for much longer. Once again her thoughts came to a stop as she noticed small splatters of dark red trail behind the snake woman, she quickened her step and cleared her throat loud enough to be heard. Common, remember your common "Umm... Excuse me, are you alright?" If the woman turned around, Kamari would be pointing at the droplets of blood on the ground, head tilted in question and brows furrowed in concern
Kamari
Player

Words: 13215
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2011, 4:03 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on May 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Malah heard a soft gasp as she passed the young Benshiran, and she let a sighing hiss out. It was one of them; foreigners that had never seen a Dhani walk free in the streets. A little burst of anger prompted her to lock eyes with the girl before continuing on, showing that she noticed the girl's lack of manners. Perhaps her less than violent response would lull the Benshiran into thinking that Dhani weren't killers, and make things easier when she needed a meal. Hunger was taken care of though, as she thought of the jackal she had eaten earlier.

Mind focusing on the task at hand, she looked around for a healer. When the girl cleared her throat, Malah thought she was going to ask something stupid, like "Why didn't you eat me?". This condemnation showed clearly in the way she looked to Kamari, equal parts scorn and resignation. She was rather suprised however, to hear the girl ask if she was hurt. Looking dumbfounded for a moment, she thought to herself Well....I am hurt aren't I? However, she was too stubborn to admit it.
"Why do you assskk?" And she felt rather dumb when she saw the girl pointing to the blood trailing behind her. Irritated, she flared her hood out and spoke with sarcasm "Do I look alright?"
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kamari on May 17th, 2011, 4:06 pm

She made a face at Malah, her fear of the Dhani woman fading as annoyance rose at the woman's rudeness. "Of course you don't look alright, I was being polite by asking instead of being rude by out that you are hurt and in need of a healer." She placed her fists on her hips, unconsciously mimicking the stance her grandmother would take whenever the old woman was about to pop one of her brother's on the head for being disrespectful.

"I know enough to clean the wound and I will not charge anything. Or, I can leave you be and pretend that blood does not drip from your arm" her stubborn chin lifted slightly, as if daring the woman to tell her to go away. The snake woman probably would shoo her away, though Kamari hoped that the woman was not so hurt that the would needed more than to be cleaned and bandaged. Why is everyone so rude here? All I have received since arriving here are horrible stares, and here I am offering to be kind and the woman is barely civil!
Kamari
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on May 21st, 2011, 3:55 pm

So the girl -can- get angry. This knowledge made her strangely...happy. No matter how composed someone seems, they will get rude and furious if prodded correctly. You just had to find the right points to push. The posture the girl assumed was amusing as well, and almost made Malah laugh. Did this girl think that Malah could not kill her if she wanted too? "Any rudenessss from me wass more than jussstified by the gawking you did."

Maybe she could make the girl feel bad and feel indentured to look at her arm. Slowly, she took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. There was no way she would manipulate this girl if all her emotions played across her face.
"Perhapss I can forgive your rudenessss." She started out, and the saying the next seemed to cause her more pain than the wound. "You will overlook mine too?" Extending the bleeding arm towards the girl, she lifted her hand from the wound to give Kamari a good look. "Do you want to look at it?"
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kamari on June 13th, 2011, 3:22 am

She arched her brow as the half snake woman blamed her rude actions on Kamari, a look of disbelief flashing across her face. Did she really just blame me for her actions? I.. Can't believe that she did that... Wait... Did she just apologize as well? Is this woman mentally sound?

Blinking rapidly to try and clear her mind of all thoughts except for Malah's question, she nodded and took a hesitant step forward
"I will overlook your rudeness. Come, let us put our differences aside and start over" she moved forward, forcing her expression to remain neutral as she looked over the wound, making horrible faces would only make the situation worse.
Kamari
Player

Character sheet