[Location] Leywellin Manor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Leywellin Manor

Postby Leviathan on September 3rd, 2011, 10:45 pm

Leywellin Manor

Note:(Moderated Threads Only)

This Ancient Manor, is a household shrouded in mystery. Home to the mining barons of old, it stands as a painstaking reminder of old world era which was lost before the days of the Valterran. It's halls, though dimmed, and darkened, seem mysteriously untainted by the ravages of time's passing. Suits of ancient gilted armor, line it's hallways and one might hear the whispered words within it's austerely clad rooms. Vases of flowers which never seem to wilt can be seen upon its tables. Lavish silk beds, and stone oak clad armoires of ancient family members are housed in rooms so large a dozen families could make their stay. If one dared to tread inside that is...

In the past, each generation since the First ancestor, an alchemist of some reknown, added layers and layers to the keep, expanding it to the point where over two thousand of the Leywellin Family lived there at one time.

It's many passages seem to twist and turn about it's framework in a labyrinthian manner, boggling the mind of any soul which enters. Courtyard gardens are few and far between, but herald statuesque carving that would shame any stonemason of the day. That's if one might find them amidst ancient intricate hedge mazes. Overall the manor is a place that time seems to have forgotten, and it appears the manor itself wants to keep that way.

Denizens: Ghosts and many other oddish creatures. Ancient golems, and summoned fiends. A monster's paradise, and not for the faint of heart, frail of mind, or weak of body to tread.

Locations Known Inside:
The Manor Residences: The above ground sections of the manor, including the Northwest, Southwest, and Southeast Towers stand. In the northeast tower alone, Lucerne's Lodestar juts high up into the sky to shine it's fiery beacon to the world. Warning far off ships they are close to shore.

The Catacombs: Where the bodies of the ancient Leywellins rest. Or do they?

Created by Archelon
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook