A Meeting of the Minds [Flashback/Haddy]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Dyrdas on June 10th, 2011, 12:28 am

“No offense taken. I’ll have to let him know you’re interested, then.” Dyrdas sat, silent for a moment, raking his tongue along his teeth in a vain attempt to remove the awful, filmy feeling on gets from drinking Kelp Beer, along with ridding himself of the less-than-savory after-taste. He was obviously displeased after more tongue-raking, to no avail. He raised a hand and gestured again at one of the servers. “I hope they serve some sort of food here... I’m still somewhat hungry. That and I need something that doesn’t taste like kelp, or beer.”

“A merchant, eh? Odd to find the son of a merchant studying, of all things, magic here. Although I’m not one to judge in that department, being an orphan with no knowledge of his real family living with an old man with a knack for the arcane, and all. but I digress.” He shifted in his seat again, then clenched his hands for a moment. “I don’t know them, but from my point of view it seems like you might be taking your family for granted. I do know I would love to find my birth family, assuming they’d want me.”

OOCSorry about the delay, but E3 was going on. And I love me some E3.
Dyrdas
Freedom burns Bright!

Words: 30218
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on June 10th, 2011, 7:16 am

They don't really have restaurants here like they do in other cities," he said. "Sometimes they'll have a little something, but if you come into town and you're hungry, you should head for the market before an inn or pub. There are just too many food shortages for that." He still didn't understand why they weren't salting some of their catches and storing other things in their granaries, but he wasn't a macroeconomist no matter how his father might wish it so. He could've understood the system; he just didn't care.

"Aye, a merchant. A merchant prince to hear him talk. Orphan, with family, it doesn't really matter. You have to be who you are, and the reality of a family or its lack... that's just a detail." Perhaps he was harsh, but he wasn't feeling especially filial feelings toward his family just now since they didn't seem to care what he wanted, but rather wanted him to grow into an extension of the family rather than a unique individual. He hated that.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Oracle on September 20th, 2011, 4:09 am

Name: Dyrdas

XP Award:
  • Auristics +3
  • Teaching +1

Lore:
  • The Taste of Freedom
  • The Aura of Inanimate Objects
  • The Taste of Kelp Beer

Name: Hadrian

XP Award:
  • Auristics +3
  • Reimancy +1

Lore:
  • The Pain of Overgiving

Notes: Good job guys. :) Love your writing style and interaction between the characters. Hope to see more in the future. Sorry about the lack of lore, I worked with what I had.

If you have any concerns with this please PM me and let me know. :)

A.S. Oracle
Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous