[Flashback] Rainy Days and New Ways (Tarn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Muldris Koffurn on September 12th, 2011, 6:29 am

Koffurn trusted Tarn completely. Perhaps he didn’t trust the thief, but he needed him. He needed Tarn to survive and he needed to trust him. The ex-slave needed to keep the man interested more than anything. The man’s interest was his ticket to survival. Koffurn tried to sound as naive and innocent as possible, which wasn’t hard because he was quite naive and innocent, “I... I don’t know really the extent of what I can do... People say it’s as mysterious as it is powerful!” No one says that but Tarn doesn’t know. He continued with a joke, “You don’t need to make corpses to kiss you. It’s not like they put up a fight when you try. Though I wouldn’t recommend it... their lips are quite cold.”

Koffurn shrugged away the pat on the shoulder lazily. He wanted to seem indifferent or as if he didn’t want Tarn’s approval even though did... desperately. He even disagreed with his parenting comment just to hide his unfounded affections, “Looks like your folks must have broken you pretty bad. Those were the worst kind of slaves to be with. The ones who started wanting to be there...” Koffurn was fully aware of the statement’s hypocrisy, but he didn’t care. The urge to hide the will to follow Tarn’s every word was stronger than his will to avoid being a hypocrite.

The Legate moved in the direction that Tarn gestured. Excitement and apprehension gripped his throat like vice. His chest felt very full and his hunger was all but forgotten. The entire interaction had him feeling emotions he had never felt before. Maybe he had felt them long ago, but they were forgotten after years of a blank heart and an emptied mind. Koffurn was feeling something warm now. It was in his heart, mind, and soul. All three seemed to be bright, but he didn’t know what exactly was doing it. Is this hope? Is this the light that some cling to so fiercely? At least I understand why. It feels... comforting.

Koffurn walked slowly. The feeling was alien, but soon he was walking at an appropriate pace. Everything seemed very new. Every step brought him closer to some great new dawn. A light that was previously covered was now shining on the world and revealing things that were previously hidden. “Where are we headed, Tarn? I don’t really see why I need to get clothed... These ones aren’t much worse than yours, but I wouldn’t mind something to gnaw on. Unless you want me to use my power over the dead first, in which case I can deal with any business.”

Koffurn wasn’t a very good liar, but he figured he could use Tarn’s lack of knowledge to form some sort of mistruth equivalent to a lie. Perhaps, it would be even better than a lie! He was giddy with excitement.
Muldris Koffurn
Player

Words: 49489
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2011, 5:05 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Tarn on September 17th, 2011, 1:44 am

Tarn's brow furrowed as he listened to Koffurn's words. At that moment he wished he knew more about magic so he could try and test Koffurn's knowledge about this dark stuff to see if he really was "magical" or simply pulling his leg. Tricking a trickster! Tarn snorted at the idea, the joke being in his head more than anything that Koffurn said, so he tried to dismiss the laugh as he shook his head and waved his hand in front of himself dismissively. He easily dismissed the slave comment and the one about his parents - well, his dad really - as he didn't want to delve into that with a complete stranger. Also someone that could talk to the dead? The last thing that Tarn needed was a conversation with his mother.

"We need to get you clothed and cleaned up so you don't look like a walking dirty dishrag. I could use a shave, too," Tarn said as he ran his fingers over the length of his scruffy jaw. The two men walked up to the door to a house that looked far beyond the reach of Tarn's financial wealth, but he walked up to the door with a key and opened it without a problem. He grinned over his shoulder as he walked in while Koffurn followed after him. With the two of them inside, he closed the door behind him and started down the hall as he gestured to the walls of the place that were decorated with what appeared to be very exquisite artwork, at least by Sunberth standards.

"Nice place, hey?" Tarn said as he beckoned for Koffurn to follow.

"I think I got some clothes that are your size, and if not we'll just have to make them work. I'm no tailor, but I could drape a bed sheet over you and make all the girls and boys wanna play with you." Tarn led them both to a bathroom with a beautiful tub that seemed to be made for a god to bathe themselves in, but compared to more rich tubs it was nothing. But for someone who had grown up in the streets, for Tarn that tub was paradise.

"I don't think I need to bathe you, do I?"
Tarn
... You're just like me.

Words: 28342
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Muldris Koffurn on September 19th, 2011, 5:48 am

Tarn did indeed have a nice house. It was quite nice, but Koffurn figured the man must have killed the previous owners or acquired it through some other shady business. The door closed and so did his escape, but the ex-slave wasn’t particularly worried. He trusted Tarn, and the little bit of him that didn’t was a mere whisper in the back of his head. The awe and glamour of the room was much too noisy to make him flee.

“It is very nice!” he exclaimed loudly. The entire scene was quite impressive and the tub was no exception. Koffurn had worked in some pretty classy establishments but not many could boast tubs quite as exquisite as Tarn’s. He gently put his hands in the water to feel the tranquil waters. The ripples his hand created were oddly soothing, but the water was cold.

Koffurn dove into the tub with all of his clothes on when Tarn made it clear that the tub was for him. He figured that his clothes would need to be clean too, and washings his body and clothing separately seemed like a complete waste. He held his breath under the water for as long as he could. He watched the bubbles float up and disappear as they slipped from his mouth and nose. The whole room waved and warped with the shifting waters.

With a gasp, his head burst from the water. He had forgotten what clean felt like, and now, he wasn’t quite sure if he had ever known the meaning. Everything was great and everything seemed quite great. Tarn was turning out to be quite an upstanding fellow.

“Hey so what are we up to after this?”
Muldris Koffurn
Player

Words: 49489
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2011, 5:05 am
Character sheet

Postby Tarn on September 21st, 2011, 1:29 am

"After you get clean, dried and changed," Tarn said as he walked back into the bathroom with some new clothes. He hoped they would fit the kid, as he just guessed his dress size but he probably erred on the side of too big than too small and tight fitting, "I'll head out for a bit as you eat up and be back with something for us to do. Shouldn't take too long, I don't think. But you'll want to have your magic stuff ready to go for when I get back, hmm?"

He looked over to Koffurn who was fully submersed in the tub then popped his head out, his clothes still on his body. Tarn wasn't going to judge how the boy got cleaned, as long as he managed to at least rinse away the stench of the street from his body.

"You can leave the clothes on the floor, just take whatever you want to keep out of them."

Tarn went back to the adjoining room of the bathroom as he heard Koffurn splash around inside the tub. He opened the closet as he looked through some of the clothes there, though the majority of these clothes were far from fitting Tarn perfectly. It wasn't until he pushed aside the newer, bigger clothes that he managed to find some that fit better to his lithe frame.

"Koffurn? You still alive in there? I think there's some soap along the edge if you want to, you know, get clean."

The sound of the water draining after a few minutes cued Tarn into the fact that - hopefully - Koffurn would be drying and changing into some more acceptable clothes. Tarn peeled his own shirt off and was trying on some of the old shirts in the closet as he peeked around the corner to see what was going on in the silent bathroom.
Tarn
... You're just like me.

Words: 28342
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous