[Location] Dragoon Training Grounds

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Dragoon Training Grounds

Postby Leviathan on September 22nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

Dragoon Training Grounds

The Dragoon training grounds lies nestled in a large courtyard the gated community. It's denizens constantly reminded of the Dragoon's supreme authority on the grounds. Outsiders may be cut down from any dragoon with nary an eyebrow lifted in response before everyone settles back to their daily routine.

Ensconced within their larger barracks, the training grounds consist of an inner courtyard linked to several training rooms on its sides filled with a myriad number of equipment ranging from training dummies of the highest caliber, to free standing weights, to full on archery targets for practice with a crossbow, either on foot... or on a horse.

services offered1 day's Novice lesson - 1gm
1 days Competent lesson- 2 gm
1 days Expert lesson - 5 gm
1 days Master lesson - 10 gm.
Dragoons have free lessons up to Expert.
Gated community members have half off prices.
Mac can be self modded.
Jardeg can be selfmodded only by prior permission.

NPCs

"Old Mac"

Race: Benshira

Old Mac is an honest enough sort, in Sunberth terms of things. Long on the run from the Ebonstryfe he found refuge within the metal steel arms of the
dragoons which quickly realized his worth. It his him who has had such an impact on their state of arms, weapons and tactics, as he has been the most influence upon them for over ten years.

He is willing to train others... for a price. Second to Jardeg, Old Mac is one of the best trainers you can find in all of Sunberth.

Longword 52, Gladius 51, Teaching 48, Observation 38, Heavy Crossbow 34, Longbow 30, Tactics:20, Dagger 27, Bodybuilding 26, Stealth 20

Jardeg Joander

Jardeg is mostly known for being an all around, well-versed, battle-wise hardened veteran. In his younger years, the man was a street urchin in this very city of Sunberth, living off the filth of the streets and fighting daily just to see another day. He survived, and even more, became strong as he began to grow from street whelp to fearless and desperate warrior of the alleys. Even at a young age, he was known for getting into trouble with opponents twice his size and three times as fierce, yet with his swift mind and cunning moves he was always able to win, or at the very least, survive.

In his young adulthood, he abandoned the city of Sunberth to join a local gang of bandits that plagued the Wildlands. Merchants fell victim to traps and ambushes, and thanks again to Jardeg's tactical mind, any Zeltivan, Syliran, Ravokan, or even Hunters hired by merchants themselves, would never catch onto him.

But such a life found little satisfaction. There was a life he wanted, a life of respect and love. Moving to Syliras in his twenties, and with more than enough combat experience to prove himself skilled enough for work under the Knights, he swore his oaths (and meant it), took up his sword, and served for fifteen years.

After his wife died and left him with a babe of a son, he thought it was best to retire, unofficially. He fled Syliras, fearing that any of the enemies he made there would come after his vulnerable child, Jaren, at any time. He moved back to the one city he knew better than any other, Sunberth. A strange haven some might say, but he knew the streets like the back of his hand, or the weight of his sword, and the blood of a survivor pumped through his veins. He joined the Sun's Birth, and in the process of climbing his way through the ranks made a good score of money at the price of selling his life to them. Protection, money, and best of all, his son was granted every chance to become everything he hadn't a chance to.

Today, Jardeg is a bitter grouchy man in the Dragoon Training Grounds. At one time he personally oversaw the training of the Dragoons but has since passed the privilege on to his lieutenants. As for the training ground typically he'll allow his Benshiran assistant to do all the work teaching whoever is wealthy enough to learn, yet on special occasions, the old man Jardeg, with his now blind left eye and no sense of smell, will lift up a sword or spear or shield and deal out harsh and merciless lessons. He's expensive, respects nobody, and as hard of a man as could be, yet few leave his presence without admitting they were stronger for it.

Weapon (Longsword) 80, Weapon (Shortsword) 65, Weapon (Spear) 55, Weapon (Shield) 70, Weapon (Throwing Knife) 40, Weapon (Throwing Javelin) 30, Weapon (Greatsword) 51, Weapon (Mace) 51, Tactics 55, Teaching 55

Gnosis
Rank 2 Gnosis of Wysar
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook