[Daniel's Scrapbook] Spongebob Boxers FTW

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jameson Kindle on September 28th, 2011, 3:41 am

Music: 100/100

I stumbled across theses, and fell in love. Very, very, very cool. Some of these DO have language.

On another note, this song moves me....

Jameson Kindle
A blind man can see his mouth.

Words: 78246
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jameson Kindle on September 28th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on September 28th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Disappointment

I find myself vaguely disappointed when people post up tons of youtube videos or music without writing about it or their thoughts and feelings that inspire the need to share the music with us.

Bottom line: write more!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jameson Kindle on September 28th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Haha, I know, I know. I was in the middle of writing something and my computer crashed... Ahhhhh! Rather than jumbling a bunch of stuff together to make up for it, I thought I'd wait until I have the time to sit down and write from the heart. I'm making a post in Word.... It'll be up this afternoon, for sure!
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jameson Kindle on September 28th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Music: 100/100, cont.

When three close friends came together one day in early 2009, their collaboration of originality and variety opened their eyes to a future of endless opportunity. What started as a common interest evolved into a selective sound geared towards the renovation of the modern music scene. With simplicity, each member has more freedom for musical creativity. The goal is for each member to use their talent writing the music for others enjoyment, not for themselves. Downside UP makes an impression worth remembering with their high energy performances and quality character they display while actively working to bring their fans a serving of satisfaction.

Music is what I do. It’s all around us, whether we realize it or not. It plays in the background of our lives like motion pictures. It can influence our moods, our perspectives, our thoughts. We sing along, we tap our feet, we hum and drum on the steering wheel going down the road. It’s a form of release, it’s therapeutic… I could go on and on…

Being in a band has changed my perspective on a lot of things in life. It’s taught me patience and creativity. It’s taught me to work with others. It’s how I get away. I’ve learned to appreciate music for what it is. I’ve noticed a lot of people, both old and young, talk about music they do and don’t like. It really bothers me, however, to hear specifically “ (insert band name) sucks!” or “ (insert song name) sucks!”

Says who? You? Who are you to judge? I just think it’s sad. For example, you’re an artist. You paint. You think you’ve done an awesome job, your mom thinks you’re the next Picaso, your girlfriend loves it, and all your friends want copies. Hell, strangers think you should be an art major. Now, here I come. “Dude, wtf is that, it looks like shit!” How does that make you feel, to have spent hours or days or weeks on something that makes you happy and hear someone dis your work? It sucks, doesn’t it? I used to be one of those people, until I started writing and performing music of my own with my friends. I started to see how disheartening it could be… It can be really discouraging. On soooo many levels. But then I decided, hey, I’m making some extra money doing what I love with people I like. How about you?

The bottom line is, I think, that you can like something. You can dislike something. But just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it sucks. To me, it’s just ignorance to have that mindset about anything in life. You wanna talk about something that sucks? Your dog got hit by a car. Yeah, that sucks. You best friend failed a class. Yeah, that really sucks. Vacuum cleaners. Hell yeah, that REALLY sucks! But hey, this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions… Haha.

On another note, I’m one of those people that likes to share music. I like to expose people to the kind of stuff I like, as well as the music I make with my band. You never know, they may like it! That’s what I really like about these scrapbooks… They’re here at our disposal to share the things we enjoy as well as the things that piss us off. I felt like I needed to share things that inspire me, or things that make me laugh. So that’s what you’ll find here. :)
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 3rd, 2011, 10:42 pm

Excuse me, but I pay to live here.

Okay, so I live in an apartment complex near campus. It’s three stories, and four apartments to a floor, with two to three bedrooms per apartment. There’s a big kitchen, a nice commons room, every room is different. One has the biggest room, one has the biggest closet, and one has the biggest bathroom. For instance, I have the biggest bedroom, the smallest closet, and a medium bathroom. The bedrooms each come with a mattress, boxspring, chest of drawers, desk, chair, nightstand, cable outlet, power outlets, shower curtain rod, etc. The commons area has a suede chair, suede sofa, coffee table, end table, dining table with four chairs, cable outlet, and power outlets. There’s a washer, a dryer, a microwave, a refrigerator, an oven, a stove, a sink with a disposal, a circuit breaker box, a broom/storage closet, garbage services… Utilities included. It’s a really nice place with a pool, a gym, a set of tanning beds, grocery bingo, pool parties, events, a fire pit, a volleyball court, and it’s gated. I live on the bottom floor with two roommates and my dog for $470, that’s including pet rent and utilities and everything else. But when you renew your lease, you also pay a pet deposit of $250.

This is the place everyone wants to live. Everyone comes to use the pool and hang out with friends. People have their parties on the weekends, but are respectful of neighbors and remain mindful of the set quiet hours. I’m not much for partying… Well, that was a lie. Yes I am. I like to party. Homecoming was this week, and I was partying it up. But not at my apartment because I know some people like to sleep at 2:00am and some people have to study in peace and quiet. So I went out to other places.

So it’s a tightknit little community, and everyone knows everyone. I happen to know the people that live right upstairs from me. It’s three girls I know from uni, and they’re pretty cool. I like them, I like being around them, but I’m not close with them or anything. On the other hand, I have beef with them for one simple little thing:

They sound like mother effing cattle with concrete blocks strapped to their feet. In the morning, during the day, at night. While I’m sleeping, while I’m studying, while I’m showering, while I’m eating, while I’m watching a movie, while I’m on the phone, while I’m just sitting here staring at the wall. It’s all I hear. It shakes my walls, it rattles my blinds, and occasionally, dust falls from the ceiling. I’ve had the batteries fall out of my smoke detector before! When she and her roommates are getting ready for a night on the town, they blare their music and jump around and scream and shout and sing. They have loud obnoxious parties at all hours of the night. They slam things around in the kitchen and bedroom, and I can hear practically every word they say. And yet, I have never said anything.

A couple of weeks ago, one of these girls who claims that her room is right above mine texted me to complain about my puppy. She said that he whines all day and all night and that she can’t sleep or study. I apologized to her and told her that he is just a puppy, and puppies occasionally whine. On the other hand, I am home a lot, and I happen to know my puppy is very well potty trained and will only whine when he has to go outside to potty. This usually happens when I am first getting up in the morning, or when I come home from class, if I don’t wake him up first and take him before he has the chance to whine. Even my roommates, who are here when I am not, have attested to the fact that my pup barely utters a noise. And if they do happen to hear him start to whine, they’re awesome enough to take him out for me. I explained every bit of this to the girl upstairs, and what does she say to me? “Well, something’s gotta give because this is driving me up the wall.”

I refrained from telling her about the stomping and slamming of things around. I simply told her that I was sorry she felt like she couldn’t handle my dog’s supposed noise, but there wasn’t much I could do until he got older and grew out of the whining some. She asked me to keep him in my roommates’ rooms, or the living room, or something. I apologized and told her that wasn’t fair to my roommates whether they had a problem with him or not, and that I was trying to keep him more quiet for her. She never replied.

Today, she made the comment “I just love waking up to an annoying howling dog every morning. Just love it.” So I texted her and told her again that I was sorry, but that I didn’t think shouting it around at everyone on campus today to inadvertently drop me the hint was very mature, and that I wasn’t going to feel any more compelled to work with someone who didn’t have the decency to do so much as abide by the quiet hours. She blew up on me. She went off on this rant about how if I had just been polite about it the first time, she wouldn’t be so annoyed, and that she felt sorry for my puppy. She went on to say that if I had “just apologized on behalf of [my] dog, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.” Except, I did apologize. So she told me I owe her an apology for my “disrespectful attitude” and that I needed to get rid of my dog or she was going to complain to the management here.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I was rather polite about it, especially considering I pay $75 extra a month for my dog, and a $250 pet deposit. I hate arguing with girls. I hate hate hate it. But I hate letting anyone try and do me (or anyone else) wrong. I mean, my roommates said they would have told this girl to suck it. I think that’s a little harsh, and so all I had left to say back to here was that I tried to work with her, and after the way she has acted,

So my question is this:
Have you ever felt like you were just trying to help accommodate someone, and he/she just wasn’t thankful at all whatsoever? Or that someone you live with just plain isn’t understanding or reasonable? A friend, a family member, a neighbor, a roommate, etc…. I don’t know. What do you think? Was I an asshole? Was I reasonable?
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aidara on October 4th, 2011, 2:09 am

Considering that I live with people almost exactly as unreasonable, I'm going to have to say that I can commiserate with you. We also already discussed this at length, and "Spoiled only-child-bitch who wipes her ass with her parents money" crossed my lips a few times. I thought I'd just say it once more :)

Also, I realized that I never told you what I tell everyone in this situation: Unless you can swallow your pride in order to make your life easier, then don't apologize for anything you did wrong. Some of us, myself included, can apologize to people like that even though I know they are wrong and I am right. However, my own knowledge of who is in the right etc is good enough for me, and I am able to give whomever it is what they want.

I, personally don't enjoy living with the drama and the awkwardness that comes along with it if you let something like this linger. Some may not see it my way, but sometimes you just have to be the bigger person, suck it up and apologize. A sincere (sounding) apology might just get her off your back.

Now, I only suggest this because the girl is unreasonable and no one that you are likely to really have to deal with again, like a friend or a family member.

Just in case that was confusing lets recap.

If you cant...
-Pride = Swallowed
-Apology to get the air clear
-Don't use this on friends or family who actually deserve more respect, truth and honesty :)

<3
Jules
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 26th, 2011, 1:28 am

I Can’t Help You If You Won’t Help Yourself

Okay folks, I have been away for a while due to midterms and the like, and then my computer got a virus. But I’m back, and I’ve got something to complain about. I’d like to hear your opinions, too.

I know a girl. She’s a friend of a friend, but I pretty much see her on a regular basis. She’s kinda pretty, and seems alright. Her name is Mindy, and she and my roommate have no interest in each other besides friendship. No ulterior motives there (he thinks she’s ugly, she thinks he’s ugly, but they’re friends.) Mindy just came out of a long-term relationship with her boyfriend Justin. Now she’s at my apartment almost nonstop. She takes Dean (my roommate) into his room and they talk and talk and talk. During that time, no one else exists. I felt bad for Mindy because, as I guy, I know we can be douche bags sometimes. I have spoken to her, offered to include her in what we’re up to, I’ve offered to let her come with us out to lunch, but no. I say hey to this girl, she gives me a jilted smile and keeps walking into Dean’s room. If Dean is out in the commons area talking to me, she says “Hey Dean, come here.” And off Dean goes, and he doesn’t come back unless he’s hungry or she’s gone. Regardless, I’ve been extremely nice. Dean asked me what was wrong today, and I told him, “Dude, you completely ignore me and Kenny when she’s here.” And Dean was understanding and apologized, etc, what have you.

Here’s what bothers me. Mindy bitches and bitches and bitches about Justin.
“Omg, he has this ugly emo girl he’s been getting with! Omg, like, she’s just nasty, and Justin has sex with her. Omg, she’s all Justin talks about. Omg, I can’t stand Justin. Blah blah blah.”
At the same time, two of her “best guy friends” are Justin’s roommates, so she is over there whenever she isn’t here, at our apartment. She comes here every day after class, hoards Dean, and then when Dean is ready to go to bed, what does she do? Leaves to go to Justin, Sky, and Tom’s so that she can either get high or drunk with them. And it’s true, okay, I drink, a lot of college people due. But by no means to I get balls to the walls drunk EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. No. And I don’t smoke pot. It’s not my thing, I’m not into it. But this girl is gonna have every kinda cancer that there is, and THEN some. But Dean thinks she might be suicidal, but he feels bad for her so he is just trying to help her.

So Mindy comes over, complains about Justin, Dean goes to sleep, Mindy leaves and goes to Justin’s, gets drunk/high, and then….

Sleeps with him. Yep. And if she isn’t sleeping with him, she sleeps with his roommates. It’s one big chaotic circle of nonsense. And then she comes back here the next day and complains about having slept with Justin. Sorry, but I don’t have respect for people who don’t have respect for themselves. Why would you complain profusely about something, and then turn around and do it, and then turn right back around and complain about it AGAIN? WHY? Everyone knows that if you’re drunk or high, your judgment is impaired and you make shitty decisions. She knows that every time she goes over there and gets drunk/high, she sleeps with Justin. So then why go over there and get drunk? She knows that when she goes balls to the walls that she’s going to be hungover. So why go and get hammered? ESPECIALLY when you bitch about your grades, and know you have class the next morning.

Here’s my dilemma: Dean is my friend. He can be stupid and dense as hell sometimes, but he’s a really good friend, and I know it. He knows something is bothering me, but I don’t want to be like, “It’s Mindy” because then I look like a douche bag. His friendship with her is none of my business, but I live here, and he’s my roommate and friend, and she’s completely up his ass. It’s annoying, but I’m just keeping my mouth shut and get over it.

Now I wanna hear what you think. Please. Haha.
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on October 26th, 2011, 2:26 am

Response

This one is easy.

A. Mindy cant stand you because she knows you have her number and she's not gonna get any sympathy from you.

B. Your buddys getting his white knight hero important listener Johnson stroked pretty hardcore. That musta been a hellofa dried cracked shriveled one at that.

C. Do nothing. Wait it out. Shell piss your buddy off as soon as hes had his fill of being Mr. confidant. Things will reset to normal soon. Said skank will not lurk long.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 26th, 2011, 2:54 am

Jen, your response got a good healthy chuckle out of me. Thanks. Haha, I definitely needed it. Why do people do shit like this? It's crazy. It's just beyond me.... Where do people come up with the idea that what they're doing makes sense? Where do they get that it's OKAY?
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext