[Daniel's Scrapbook] Spongebob Boxers FTW

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 31st, 2011, 3:12 pm

Hate

In the great words of Jen, this is what I’m going to call a mini-rant. Something really bothers me about human beings. And it’s hate. We “hate” this, or we “hate” that, or we “hate” them…. Etc, etc… I hate it when people say they hate a particular country. Honestly, you can’t say you hate Puerto Ricans. You can’t say you hate the French. You can’t say you hate Americans, or Brits, or Norwegians, or the Spanish, or what have you. It isn’t logical. You can’t righteously hate a country, a body of people, just for no reason. Just because you knew someone who was Russian and they said something that pissed you off, or he beat up your little brother, or she cheated on you. Just because she/he was Russian and did something that pissed you off is no reason for you to hate the Russian people as a whole. It. Isn’t. JUSTIFIED! It’s not even mildly justifiable. So the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. There was an entire vast portion of the Japanese, or maybe even just one family, who didn’t agree with that decision. They had nothing to do with the bombing. Do you hate them? It wasn’t their fault. You can’t HATE them. You can hate the fact that the bombing of Pearl Harbor, but don’t crucify and entire body of living, breathing people for something unless you have just cause. It’s just ignorant.
Jameson Kindle
A blind man can see his mouth.

Words: 78246
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 31st, 2011, 3:40 pm

Well said man, and it couldn't be more true! It's irritating when I hear people say they hate 'general group with a label.' It's ignorant and a waste of life. I hate prejudice because it's based on ignorance. My only theory is that someone is hoping to hear a vindicating 'me too,' to their hate of a country/entirely unknown generality. It's better to put up an 'I like' comment if someone's looking for a chat validation. Not only is it more positive, but it's a stated opinion based on -admitted- partiality. Just more logical I guess. Good bit of scrap!
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jameson Kindle on October 31st, 2011, 3:47 pm

Thanks, Lisa. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way... I'm starting to notice more and more every day that my generation is a sad, sad bunch... It's time to open minds and close mouths, not close minds and open mouths. Haha... I just wish people would think about things before they make such a bold, crude statement. It's offensive. And especially in places like the chat room, when someone says something along the lines of hating a particular nationality or what have you, someone is bound to get offended.... When you're behind a computer screen, you never know who you're talking to. And some people won't always pop up and say, "Well hey, I'm of ______ origin, do you hate me too?" You NEVER know who is offended by what you say... When you say you hate someone, would you want to hear them say they hate you, too? No one likes to be hated. I don't care what sort of facade you put on. End of story. haha, thanks again, Lisa!
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 31st, 2011, 5:35 pm

Daniel I just noticed it's your Birthday!! omg-happy birthday you old man! :D
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Palla on October 31st, 2011, 6:25 pm

Aghhhh, thanks, Lisa. :) I'm not THAT old! :p But thanks. So far it has been uneventful. I actually am not feeling so great today at all. Haha. But it's okay; makes a good day to play on Miza. :)
Palla
But I can learn.

Words: 38834
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jameson Kindle on November 6th, 2011, 10:15 pm

I think everyone should know that I'm obsessed with Bo Burnham. He never ceases to amaze me. He spits a whirlwind of insane, punny raps/songs, and he also does a stand up act. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it if you think you're really intelligent and can follow fast-paced, high comedy. I mean, not to insult anyone, but this stuff is crazy and not every can follow it. I have to rewind and think about some of his jokes/puns sometimes. But he's a 19 year old guy who's just doing his thing, and being funny, and making music. He's a talented guy, and the following video is one of his newer songs from his Words Words Words album. Look it up on Netflix, and check it out.

So this is the Rant song. If you feel strongly about your religion/faith, I would suggest re-thinking about watching this. My point isn't to offend anyone, and I don't want to leave room for anyone to freak out and OMG WHY DID YOU POST THAT AHHHH!!!

It's my scrapbook. And I warned you. If you can't appreciate other peoples' tastes, no matter what they may be, good luck with life. :)

Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jameson Kindle on November 7th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Rest In Peace, Faithful Dog

This morning, around 8:15am, I lost my life-long best friend, Kano… She was my baby, my year old Doberman. I was asking her if she wanted to go bye-bye this morning, to take my roommate to class, and maintenance came to the door to change our air filter. Kano bolted outside to run to my car, thinking it was time to leave. When she did, she ran around to the back to get in, and someone in a black four-door car came flying through the apartment complex parking lot and hit her. She died about 10 minutes after getting her in the apartment. The person who hit her didn’t even stop to see if she was okay… My dad came and picked her up to take her home and bury her. She will be sorely missed.
Jameson Kindle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on November 7th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Loosing a dog is exactly like loosing a human family member, sometimes even harder. I'm so sorry for everything, Daniel. I know that doesn't help but if I could I'd give you a big hug. Life is so short and so precious. All we can do is give what we can give when we can and hope it is enough and that the people and friends and animals we loose know how much we loved them and wanted them in our lives.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on November 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm

:'( :(( Dan dan, omg! *hugs n sobs* Your handsome dobergirl Kano is now on rainbow bridge with my dobergirl Libby. There's no magic cure, but these sweet words let me get out all the things I felt.

for Kano the loyal dobergirl:

"A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks besides you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near. His head is within our hand in his old way." ~Mary Carolyn Davies~

I Haven't Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh;
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate. Anon

Lend Me a Pup

I will lend to you for awhile a puppy, God said,
For you to love him while he lives
and to mourn for him when he is gone.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe for two or three.
But will you, till I call him back
take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and should his stay be brief
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief .
I cannot promise that he will stay,
since all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.

I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life's land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labor vain
Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.

I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done,"
For all the joys this pup will bring,
the risk of grief you'll run.
Will you shelter him with tenderness
Will you love him while you may
And for the happiness you'll know forever grateful stay.

But should I call him back
much sooner than you've planned
Please brave the bitter grief that comes
and try to understand.
If, by your love, you've managed
my wishes to achieve,
In memory of him that you've loved,
cherish every moment with your faithful bundle,
and know he loved you too.

— Author Unknown
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on November 9th, 2011, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aidara on November 9th, 2011, 12:22 am

I wish I could have met your little Princess. We talked already but I just wanted to remind you that I am here if you need me. You're being strong, but it's hard to lose a pet. Even men are allowed to cry :P
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext