How do I apply for XP for a completed thread?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Sheva on October 11th, 2011, 8:58 pm

I just completed a flashback thread and want my skill points...How do I apply for XP for a completed thread?
Sheva
The White Tigress

Words: 66994
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lyth on October 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm

There should be a lore on it somewhere.
Last edited by Lyth on October 11th, 2011, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Look for yourself, read, then ask if you can't find it. All the information is at hand if you're willing to read it.

XP lore. read it.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Mortemor Thane II on October 12th, 2011, 12:02 am

New to Mizahar? I had a lot of questions when I first got here too. >.<

If your looking for some grading to be done, you can submit a request the one of the offices of the mods of that section/area.

For example; completed Avanthal threads would go to a Domain mod like Chesire, or someone who is also modding that section.

-- but yeah, I think the best thing to do would be to fully read the page Bolden posted up ^.^ Just to be sure you understand the guidlnes of what goes where ^.^ Welcome to Mizahar if I haven't had the pleasure of welcoming you, yet!

--Yours truly, Morty-poo
Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Words: 56826
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taln on October 12th, 2011, 12:26 am

"and welcome to Mizahar! This PM is a short guide to starting out in our community. All the information here (and much much more) can also be found in the Mizahar Lore. Since the Lore is so big, however, this PM is a good starting point for new players.

The first rule is: don't panic! There is a learning curve, but also plenty of help along the way.

Are you new to forum roleplaying? Click the button! :

You picked a name and a race for your character when you registered. You can change your name at any time, and your race until you start playing. Remember that some names are forbidden: those taken from books, TV shows, movies, etc. ("Harry Potter"), as well as names of real-life personalities ("Benjamin Franklin") and real-life religious figures ("Buddha"). Mizahar is not Earth, and we are strictly original.

Editing your name and profile :

This is a good time to start reading up on the Lore. How much information do you need? Well, you need at least enough to create a convincing character. The Starting guide is your friend here, and we recommend that you read it very carefully. It contains everything you need to set up a character, post a character sheet and start playing. Most of it involves coming up with an idea for your PC and then choosing a Starting package - his or her starting skills, knowledge and possessions.

Some things to remember when you create a background for your character.

Mizahar is a fantasy world that was almost totally destroyed 500 years ago by a cataclysm called the Valterrian.
It is a very dangerous world. The world population is merely 250,000. People cling together within a small number of fortified settlements. Traveling is hazardous. Strange monsters roam the lands. Imagine spending weeks without any trace of civilization around you - except the occasional slaver caravan!
Most fantasy cliches do not exist, including elves, dwarves, orcs, vampires, werewolves and demons. Mizahar has a very different feel from your average D&D-like world. You can play those everywhere. Here you can experience something different.
There are no 'nations' in modern Mizahar, only cities with some control over their immediate surroundings. Syliras is the largest city and the closest to civilization you will find on the continent.

What if you get stuck on your character concept? Your best bet is to ask the community! You can post in the Introductions forum to introduce yourself and ask questions while you're at it. Also, the Q&A exists for this. The fastest way to get answers is Chat. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and mature community, and chances are you will find someone with the answer.

You do not need anyone's approval to start playing. This is a firm belief of ours. However, if your character is not appropriate ("girl with a machine-gun") a staff member will post in your character sheet and ask you to edit before you can continue playing.

Want to see more useful links? :

Mizahar exists for the pleasure of its players and staff, so without new folks joining our community, we cannot grow and thrive. So please be reassured you are welcome here. Do not worry if you are new to roleplay or to our site's form of roleplay because there are people everywhere on the site willing to help you. Just remember, we work to maintain a friendly open community that strives to integrate creative writing with roleplay. So far, this is working well for us. We hope it works as well for you.

Sincerely,

The Founders"

In your inbox.
Last edited by Taln on October 12th, 2011, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Postby Sheva on October 12th, 2011, 7:50 am

WoW the animosity...sorry I just assumed people were encouraged to use the Q&A forums...but thanx for the help guys...I have read basically all the lore before I asked the question...I'm really sorry guys...shoulf have specified correctly...I wanted to know whether it was better to apply via request or PM...But I have my answer...sorry again for the inconvenience...
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rage on October 12th, 2011, 9:11 am

Hi Sheva,

You may submit the thread in question in the office of the Storyteller where the thread occurred. It might get lost in the shuffle if you send it through PM, with the amount of messages our STs get from other people. :)

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Taln on October 12th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Sorry I lost my temper. Rage, we should switch names! lol
The reason I was irritated is I feel you've overlooked a few things. Say your post is in zeltiva. It has something called entrance thread that invites you to post there first. The one who posted it, shows on the left of the screen next to it. the name is Oracle. Under this name it says things like:
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 35672
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

This means she is someone to go to when you're in Zeltiva. It says office in that list. Click office. Read what it says. Because it plainly states:
If you need a thread graded please leave me a notice here with the following information:

The name of the thread and a link.
The players involved.
A quick summery or the type of thread it is. (EX: Combat, social etc...)
What you are looking for in the thread.
(optional), Any other information you think I need or additional notes.

These things aren't hidden. I was irked because if you could find a place to put your post, you could find a place to have it graded. I gave you a link with my alt pc. Read twice, post once, read some more. It's not a matter of hostile, it's just that the reading material is overlooked because someone just wants to say how instead of reading it of their own volition. This is a very clickable site with in depth explanations all over the place. Clicking and reading is faster than waiting for an answer that's been explained in more than one place.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Postby Sheva on October 12th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Its okay I do appreciate your honesty. And I understand your point. This site is very neatly set out which makes it relatively easy to get the info you need.
I guess I was just being lazy forgive me please.
Also alls good!
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Soghar on October 12th, 2011, 4:48 pm

Screw that, don't ask forgiveness to someone who was being unnecessarily hostile just because you asked a question, in the appropriate section even.

It's true that the information isn't hidden but it CAN be overlooked and it's not like this site has a minimalistic approach to information and lore, I can imagine people having browsed the lore of races/skills/magic/gods/character sheets/etc. etc. and reaching a point where they'd have enough for the time being and feel like asking a question rather than browse through the vast amount of information and clickable links.
Want to rp in the most brutal and savage region of Mizahar?
Want to be part of a squad with fun and interesting characters?
Join Taloba, Join The Fang.

Soghar
of the Tainted Souls

Words: 17588
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next