[Flashback] A Begining

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

[Flashback] A Begining

Postby Grot on October 12th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Summer 99 AV

Calls of morning... fog... stray rays of sunlight through the trees...

All of this Grot noticed as he sat with 3 other young Jamoura in the clearing within the center of the Spires. His eyes were closed, or rather scrunched closed as he tried to ignore all of those things. He could hear the heavy footsteps of several of his watchers as they busily went about their day, but always keeping an eye on the little ones under their care.

Grot shook his head, No can't think about those things.

Once more the young Jamoura tried to empty his mind, settling down with his hands resting in his lap. His fur tingled as he felt the fog drift over him, leaving little droplets of moisture as it past.

No, no thought, Grot reminded himself. He breathed in deeply, releasing the air from his lungs in a slow, steady breath. Clearing his mind Grot tried to look deep within himself, searching for...

Grot frowned. What was it he was supposed to be looking for? The alphas never told him. They spoke of sitting long, looking deep, and clearing away all distractions in order to search, but never do they speak of what it is Grot is searching for.

Grot sighed in frustration, If they want me to find something, they should tell me what to look for!

Shaking his head he tried to clear his mind once more. For a minute he was successful. His mind was without thought, his muscles relaxed. His mind seemed to drift in the darkness of his consciousness, and as he drifted Grot thought he could make out a flash of color. Turning his mind's eye Grot made toward the flashes, they growing stronger and seeming to pulse. So close he got that he could almost feel an old feeling from...he did not know. Reaching out a mind's hand Grot grasped at the thing before him, and then he noticed an itch on his bottom.

The moment was lost and the image shattered into a thousand pieces. the world came rushing back into focus, and Grot could then feel the hardness of the ground beneath his rump, the cool breath of a breeze across his skin, could hear the thump of large feet and the rustle of leaves as squirrels and Jamoura alike scaled the great trees. Taking a deep breath, Grot tried to silence these things and focus once more.
Grot
Player

Words: 12198
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 4:27 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

[Flashback] A Begining

Postby Cheshire on October 31st, 2011, 8:17 pm

Character: Grot
Experience: Meditation +2, Observation +1

Additional Note: Great thread! PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)